Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FLA.-Gina DeJesus' grandfather Benny Ruiz and Ivan Marrero band mate of accused kidnapper Ariel Castro speak out.

They both talk of the relationship they had with AC and his family when they lived in Ohio.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...esus-orlando-florida-20130508,0,1180758.story

One of the many horrific things about these crimes is Castro's decision to kidnap and abuse the daughters and grand-daughters of his friends. Most criminals of this type try to de-personalize and dehumanize their victims, but Castro seemed to relish the idea of tormenting his friends and family. He's in a league of his own as a warped, twisted criminal, a whole different level of depravity.

Maybe some for the 2 guys, but the balance to the 3 ladies, as they have nothing, and will require medical assistance, such as Dental work,
many Doctors visits, group counseling, going back to school, to be able to join the work place, and the lists goes on and on. This will not be an over night fixer, and the little girl, will really need medical help, think of it 6 years old and still in a diaper, she probably is no where near the mentality of a 6 year old, so very sad.

I am curious to see where you saw that she was not potty trained and still in a diaper. Can you post the link please?

BBM
Posted: May 09, 2013 10:27 AM EDT

CLEVELAND, OH
The case against Ariel Castro is now going to a County Grand Jury, and 19 Action News Reporter Ed Gallek has learned investigators have discussed the possibility of filing murder charges.

Police say Castro held Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight against their will for years and sexually abused them. One victim told investigators she had repeatedly become pregnant by Castro, and then he would starve her and beat her to make her lose the babies.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22205775/could-kidnapping-suspect-be-charged-with-murder

I posted this a few posts back. This thread moves quickly so I'll repost:

Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2903.01 et seq. (2002) define aggravated murder, murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, negligent homicide, aggravated vehicular homicide, aggravated vehicular assault, felonious assault, aggravated assault, assault and negligent assault. The law applies to a person, which includes an "unborn member of the species *advertiser censored* sapiens, who is or was carried in the womb of another."

This could be why the police were searching for evidence of "birthing fluid" though. Maybe they were hoping to get a murder charge ASAP and Ohio law might require some sort of physical proof. Hopefully the testimony of the girls will be enough proof that there were other pregnancies.

I am just catching up again and was about to type out my thoughts when I read your "essay"........you have put down just about exactly what I have been thinking.

I feel very sorry for all of them, and I too hope they go on to write books/get paid for interviews/articles etc and have nice homes etc.....it will never make up for the ordeal they have been through nor the torment in their minds, but these girls deserve to live nicely now.

I feel particularly sorry for Michelle, and I also think she was his scapegoat. A few of us have mentioned that Amanda was savvy and smart with her dealings with Ariel. She was definitely the favourite and I think he was probably in love with her and considered her his girlfriend and the little girl their child together. This is very smart of Amanda and I am sure she was thinking of her daughter at all times.

As for the jewelry, I think he probably wanted her to wear it maybe not all the time, but fortunately survival mode kicked in for her, and probably more so when her baby was born, so by her wearing that jewelry and him seeing it on , it gave him security in his very sick, sick mind, that she was his, and wanted to be his, I can not imagine having to try to always be one step ahead of someone with such a twisted mind, never mind day in and day out, buy year after year!!

I really hope that the Medical People get each of them help and with their families, with groups that can acclimatize them back into society, and I do wish
the media would move on, tell us about the sick man, but please stop reporting on the 3 ladies and their families, I sincerely believe they need to heal out of the media's spotlight!!

This might be a daft question but I have no idea. Is it a serious crime to not declare the birth of a child, born in the home, no birth certificate, no schooling, no medical care?

No. But it is a crime to deny access to healthcare because you are restraining someone with chains ,in your house.

I am curious to see where you saw that she was not potty trained and still in a diaper. Can you post the link please?

"They remained in that hell until Monday evening, when Berry got to a door and screamed for help. Hearing her cries, Ramsey and Cordero kicked in the door to help her escape.

According to Cordero, Berry's 6-year-old daughter ran out of the house, too, wearing only a diaper and a sullied shirt. Police are conducting a DNA test to determine the child's paternity."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/09/us/ohio-missing-women-found/index.html

I believe he did rape Gina though, so if he did not use protection then it would be just luck that she did not get pregnant. I say luck because of what he did to Michelle when she became pregnant and although Amanda and her family will always love her daughter, nobody would hope to become pregnant by their rapist. I know I had unprotected sex for 6 years before actually becoming pregnant.

Oh I think he raped Gina but I wonder if he took precautions with her. He obviously didn't with Michelle and we know he didn't at least once with Amanda. He is obviously a depraved individual who took pleasure in inflicting pain on these girls - physical and emotional. Maybe it infuriated him that he took someone that no one was looking for? :( With Gina and Amanda he probably had a big ego boost every time he saw their cases mentioned in the news. Maybe since he couldn't force Michelle to watch news reports about her family he found other ways to torment her. :furious:

No. But it is a crime to deny access to healthcare because you are restraining someone with chains ,in your house.

I also believe it is a crime to not have a child that age enrolled in school or some type of educational program.

"They remained in that hell until Monday evening, when Berry got to a door and screamed for help. Hearing her cries, Ramsey and Cordero kicked in the door to help her escape.

According to Cordero, Berry's 6-year-old daughter ran out of the house, too, wearing only a diaper and a sullied shirt. Police are conducting a DNA test to determine the child's paternity."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/09/us/ohio-missing-women-found/index.html

Thanks! I hadn't seen that article.

So how the heck was he getting supplies like diapers and whatnot into the house without anyone noticing? Have they said?

I have heard that neighbors had seen him bringing large quantities of McDonalds, but not anything else.

FYI: I have known a couple of kids who simply didn't wouldn't be potty trained until they were this age. One finally "got it" when she was told she couldn't go to school until she was potty-trained. The second might have been the same way, and I want to say she was 7 before she was successfully potty-trained. So, I wouldn't be too quick to assume the daughter's condition at this point. They may not have had regular access to the bathroom, at least not enough so that a young child could be potty-trained. There may not have been a potty chair. Any of those things could have impacted her training.

My point is that the child did not live a normal life, just the conditions that she was exposed to, is beyond human comprehension.

Actually maybe not. Those girls can be examined by a dr who can determine if they've ever been pregnant. Without a live child to show for that pregnancy, then it's feasible there could be a charge? I'm speculating but I don't see why not. Honestly with a MOUNTAIN of evidence that he kidnapped and raped, it would be a waste of time and resource for the DA to go after other charges that would take a lot of finding evidence. And the least tampering with the girls possible is the best.

As for the brothers, I wonder if one of the girls may have said something that actually helped clear the brothers , something like " AC told us to be quiet when his brothers were here because they did not know'' .
Just using your post as a jumping point...

I agree... I really don't think they need a body to charge him if they have reasonable evidence. Which could come in the form of birth fluids or reasonable testimony with supporting evidence. The situation as it was, with these girls being so secluded, pretty much everything they suffered logically has to fall at his feet. Even if he killed their unborn children by not feeding them well enough. In another case they may have to prove that it was a kick that caused the miscarriage, and not the stress from losing a job. In this case- the stress, the food situation, the violence- he is responsible for all of it.

That said, I think they can probably put him away for life without those charges- they are just going to have to stack them up. Prosecutors will go for the easiest and most assured method that will keep him from every getting out. If he ever gets out, he will be murdered anyway. He's going away for life IMO regardless of what charges get him there.

...Or so I hope, I guess.

Sorry if this has been put up already. I clicked to see what AC's daughter said.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...-embarrassed-disappointed-124034692.html?vp=1

But the second the video begins, George Stephanlapoulus says AC " confessed to these crimes" . Is that referring to the 'suicide note ' found from earlier or has he made a full confession to police? I know I read that he is speaking and cooperating with police, but I must have missed a full confession. If so, then he better plead guilty and save every victim and the tax payers a ton of strife and money!

indeed! I was asking the question as I was pondering the charges against him and if further charges could be lain regarding the child, and would have thought that crime would be added along with the others!

One of the cable news channels this morning stated that there is a connection to the other missing girl (Ashley?) because one of the phone numbers checked on her phone or calls made to her family's phone came back to the name Castro. Is there a link to this info somewhere that explains what they were referring to? TIA

Sorry if this has been put up already. I clicked to see what AC's daughter said.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...-embarrassed-disappointed-124034692.html?vp=1

But the second the video begins, George Stephanlapoulus says AC " confessed to these crimes" . Is that referring to the 'suicide note ' found from earlier or has he made a full confession to police? I know I read that he is speaking and cooperating with police, but I must have missed a full confession. If so, then he better plead guilty and save every victim and the tax payers a ton of strife and money!
Arlene says she has "never" witnessed any violence in her family's home?????

Really?

For me this casts doubt that she tells the truth about anything. It seems a blatant lie and she should really think if she wants to get caught out lying right now.

Hoping someone can sneak them out past the waiting reporters to go some places and do some things before the press post photos of what they look like now.

When Jaycee finally appeared she looked lovely, I hope too that they can go shopping and see a stylist before they present themselves to the world. If that is what they want. It should all be on their terms.

explaining my post a little better:

I meant getting out to see the some places like stores, parks, beaches and such before the world can recognized them because once the press post their current photos it will probably be a long time before they will be able to get out without being mobbed or stared at.

Thanks! I hadn't seen that article.

So how the heck was he getting supplies like diapers and whatnot into the house without anyone noticing? Have they said?

I have heard that neighbors had seen him bringing large quantities of McDonalds, but not anything else.

Could he have been ordering through Amazon?

Also, people may just assume he has custody of a grandchild, etc. that he is buying diapers for. Could the mother have possibly made cloth diapers?(or fashioned them)

My husband probably looks odd when he and his coworker do the shopping for their work. 2, 30-year old men(1 white, bald, 'husky' and tall, 1 black, bald and a body builder) buying diapers in bulk, by the hundreds sometimes. Actually he(and his other coworkers) have had the authorities called on them afew times because people at events might see a 30 year old man, carrying a young girl out of somewhere. Or holding their arms, etc.etc. Thankfully all the police in our area know them all well, and hubby is just grateful that the public in general is aware enough to react. Most people(obviously) just turn away.

I also believe it is a crime to not have a child that age enrolled in school or some type of educational program.

Although I did read yesterday (from one of the links here) that Amanda was home schooling her. Not sure if true or not and from where the reporter got that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro