Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they aren't. They are "required" in that they are done routinely, but parents can choose not to do them. You do not need to explain this decision to anyone until your child is entering school or day care. It's the establishments that "require" them, not the government.

That is what Matou and I were speaking about. I didn't explain well. You have to show proof if you enroll your child and school with out the shots. Religious preferences they have papers you can feel out to avoid it. You are required certain shots before entering public schools. in all 50 states depending on the state. I never said the government required them.

I also believe it is a crime to not have a child that age enrolled in school or some type of educational program.

I don't know the laws there but where I live, children have to go to school at age 6. They CAN start school at age 4 but they HAVE to start the school year that they turn 6 before Jan 1. So whether she had to be in school, by law where I am from, would depend on when her birthday is. If she turned 6 between Jan 01, 2013-now then she doesn't have to start until Sept 2013. If she turned 6 before Dec 31, 2012 then she should be in school this year.

That is what Matou and I were speaking about. I didn't explain well. You have to show proof if you enroll your child and school with out the shots. Religious preferences they have papers you can feel out to avoid it. You are required certain shots before entering public schools. in all 50 states depending on the state. I never said the goverment required them.

I just saw that you were responding to someone asking if they were required by law with "yes" so I was trying to help clarify. We are saying the same thing in different ways though, huh? ;)

That article from the Orlando paper was great. "Don't do anything to hurt the victims". Very wise advice for everyone.

There's a CNN video link that says "7 Got Away". I'm unable to watch a video now. Can someone fill me in? Thanks!

I just saw that you were responding to someone asking if they were required by law with "yes" so I was trying to help clarify. We are saying the same thing in different ways though, huh? ;)

What about doctor's visits and vaccinations? Are those required by law in the US?
I'm not being snarky but we are on agreement. It is the law for a child to see a doctor, if a child is injured and suffering you don't seek help then in return you will be charged with child neglect and so on. :)

There's a CNN video link that says "7 Got Away". I'm unable to watch a video now. Can someone fill me in? Thanks!

Just highlighting 7 cases of kidnap victims who were found alive at some point later.

What about doctor's visits and vaccinations? Are those required by law in the US?
I'm not being snarky but we are on agreement. It is the law for a child to see a doctor, if a child is injured and suffering you don't seek help then in return you will be charged with child neglect and so on. :)

Considering they have plenty of felonies to charge him with, I don't think they are going to worry about charging him with not vaccinating the child (furthermore not vaccinating a child is not a crime).

Just highlighting 7 cases of kidnap victims who were found alive at some point later.

Thanks - I thought they meant seven got away from Castro.

Vaccines aren't required. There is a widespread movement of parents who are against immunizations for religious or health reasons. You usually have to have some sort of waiver for the school system in order to enroll your child if you are anti-vaccine.

Homeschool laws very by state. Some states are pretty strict and require that the parent report tests scores, grades, back to the school system.

Jumping from this post. This is correct. Vaccines are not required for a child to attend school. You just have to sign a waiver, as stated here ^. Many religions do not believe in vaccines.

I home-schooled my sons for 2 years due to the violence in Chicago public schools - plus the over crowding situation. it's not like this everywhere but at least in Chi we were given computers, free software etc for a program called K-12. It's approved by the state of IL and is considered on par with the curriculum. I had absolutely no training to teach them and there were no "check-ups". However, once a year you had to take your children to a local public school and have them take the state mandatory testing. K-12 is non religious based as well. I know many other major cities have adopted this program as a way to work with budget cuts and to ensure children are receiving their education in areas where it's not safe to attend school.

Hope this helps a bit.

Like I said, there are SOME things you can prosecute parents for if there is provable medical neglect- but it almost always requires that the medical neglect resulted in severe pain, suffering or death.

It's an etchy line- but you couldn't really say that it's law to take a child to the doctor.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/0...-bail-at-2-million-per-charge-at-arraignment/

Ariel Castro's brothers, who were initially arrested in connection with the investigation, were alongside him in the courtroom after spending four days in jail, but evidence did not support kidnapping charges against them.

Pedro Castro, 54, one brother, pleaded no contest to an open container charge and Onil Castro, 50, had minor misdemeanors from 12 years ago dismissed. The two were released after spending four days in jail.

Ariel Castro, 52, lived in the downtown Cleveland area for 39 years, had no prior felony convictions. He was living on unemployment payments.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/0...lion-per-charge-at-arraignment/#ixzz2SocWfNAm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro