Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still shocked at how fast everything has moved. As soon as the women escaped, they were interviewed, then they were wisked to the hospital, then they were released and wisked home, Castro's brothers were released and not charged... it just seems like everything is moving too fast. Like, how could these women be released from the hospital so soon? Even if they weren't physically sick, what about their mental health? Shouldn't they have been counseled on being so abused and what to expect once they got home? It seems like there was barely enough time to tell them, 'hey, things might be a little different', before sending them home! Sometimes, even prisoners go into half way houses to help them acclimate back into society...shouldn't health care professionals have offered more of a service and been more supportive. Also, I read that Michelle seemed to have suffered the most abuse, with her facial bones being disfigured. Did the hospital just make note but then send her on her way? Were they offered dental care? I just have so many worries...I would think that they are scared to death and jump at every sound. How in the world can they deal with all of this! If they need counselors, are they expected to scan the yellow pages and then pay for them themselves?

I'm sure all of that will happen. But there is no reason to keep them in the hospital. It's better for them to be home with their families. For the most part they just went to the hospital for a check up.

Castro's brothers were were arrested on unrelated charges. The only relationship they have is that they were all together and got arrested at the sometime.

If this goes to trial they will need to testify. Elizabeth Smart was able to testify and so will they.

I don't think Amanda Berry would have a hard time testifying. She seems pretty articulate. The others I don't know about.

Hopefully it will never come to that and Castro will just plead guilty to everything. But I know how lawyers work, and that, they wont let that happen.

I'm sure all of that will happen. But there is no reason to keep them in the hospital. It's better for them to be home with their families. For the most part they just went to the hospital for a check up.

Castro's brothers were not released. They were arrested on unrelated charges and were still in jail the last I heard. The only relationship they have is that they were all together and got arrested at the sometime.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/12/ariel-castro-brothers/2153219/

"His two brothers, Pedro and Onil Castro, were detained last week after Ariel Castro was arrested, but police released the pair a few days later, saying there was no evidence that either brother — neither of whom lived at Ariel Castro's home — were involved in any crimes against the women or Berry's daughter."

So both brothers also lived in that home? If they lived there its hard to believe they didnt know. Or is this being misreported that they lived there?

Just read the statement from the girls. I am SOOO happy that they have lawyers that are representing them. The lawyers seem like good ones as well! Thoughts and Prayers to all.

Clearly you don't follow the Kardashians. They are a loving family (seriously, watch the show) and they do TONS of charity work. Kim and Kanye just announced they are donating ALL baby gifts to a children's hospital in Chicago.

I was not suggesting they do ANYTHING to exploit these girls. I was suggesting contacting them because I am positive they would donate money to help the girls.

I don't represent the Kardashians, but I work with their agent frequently on other projects. I know that they donate millions, and often anonymously. Their main platform is united families - so I'm sure they'd be willing to help.

I totally agree with your post. I didn't realize you had a connection to them so I will message you for help. I LOVE the Kardashians I think they are good people and those girl have been through a lot to in losing their dad. My goal was just to show them the article about how Gina was curious as to who they were. I had tweeted Khloe a few times about it but she didn't see it. Also I don't think the Kardashians would exploit them in anyway they are not like that. They would not do that to kidnapping victim.

So both brothers also lived in that home? If they lived there its hard to believe they didnt know. Or is this being misreported that they lived there?
No, neither brother lived with the monster perp. Brother Pedro lived with his mother and brother Onil lived in his own home. This is what I read.

It was misreported, as was a lot of things about them.

10 + years, folks. Over 10 years.
Would you know if your brother or father or son or ex-husband had 3 (not one, not two, but three) captives in his tiny home? Shouldn't someone know? A family member? A neighbor? Can anyone get a clue?
Let's get real. We love our family but do we have to be blind to their faults? I'm sure there are many family members and friends who have questions about whether or not they should have pushed for more answers about this perv's eccentricities. And so they should. And the lesson is that we should, too.
I feel uneasy with all of the dissection of the captives' roles, their personalities, their "likability factor" with their captor and especially their mental evaluation. This should not be the focus. The focus should be what we can do to make sure this doesn't and cannot happen again.
Check your neighbors; check your family. See it; say it.
:cow:​

The Cleveland victims: our hunger for the obscene details (The New Yorker)
I can’t help asking, for whom, and for what purpose, were these details publicized? Why do I need to know what I now know?
The possibly disturbing parts of the essay concern a novel by J.M. Coetzee; author Sasha Weiss does not delve into the Cleveland case but questions our collective interest in its more prurient aspects.

The Cleveland victims: our hunger for the obscene details (The New Yorker)

The possibly disturbing parts of the essay concern a novel by J.M. Coetzee; author Sasha Weiss does not delve into the Cleveland case but questions our collective interest in its more prurient aspects.

Yes. Do we want to peer into the gory details to satisfy some unfathomable curiosity or do we really have a desire to be helpful? Could it be possible/probable that one masquerades as the other?

:dunno:​

We already know all these people are bad. We will go on, here at WS documenting in detail how bad they are and have been.

How can we best help? How can we be useful?

I also think the brothers aren't involved with it, the only thing that made me kind of suspicious is that one statement that one of them made when they were looking for Amanda. I guess that was just a coincidence.

whoa! How does this video compare to the mug shots? Were these men "cleaned up" or what? And what about the reports that one of the brothers was so incapacitated from alcohol abuse that he was laying in the bed all day? What is the truth? Which reporter is exaggerating? How do we know who to believe?
It was on one video interview with either AC's daughter or his son where one of them said that Pedro was drunk most all time. Also, I think it was in one of the more accurate news articles that Pedro was lying drunk in his back yard when he was aprehended. This conflicts with the story that he was in McD with AC when apprehended. I guess it doesn't make much difference in the whole sceme of things. Since we are free to choose what to believe, I choose to believe that these two were given nice clothes and a clean-up to appear on TV in order to try and rectify the wrong that was done by putting up those horrible mugshots and leading the world to believe they were involved in this horror.

No, I do not believe anyone knew what was going on inside that home. It's just too crazy to even begin to believe from someone that everyone thought was just an average likeable guy.

For me personally, I am an extremely curious and suspicious person and I would want to know why doors were locked. When inside doors, like the door to the basement are locked, how can one not think there is something odd.

Yeah and also if the brothers were involved I would think that the girls would have no problem telling the police that they were. Does anyone know what made the police suspect that the brothers were involved?

I don't think Amanda Berry would have a hard time testifying. She seems pretty articulate. The others I don't know about.

Hopefully it will never come to that and Castro will just plead guilty to everything. But I know how lawyers work, and that, they wont let that happen.

As far as similar cases go, it's a mixed bag. Some plead guilty, some go on trial. I guess we have to wait and see.

Yeah and also if the brothers were involved I would think that the girls would have no problem telling the police that they were. Does anyone know what made the police suspect that the brothers were involved?

They were related to Ariel Castro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member