Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard Shepherd Smith from Fox News say they may try for the death penalty for Ariel Castro!

(As usual, I'm late with what I thought was breaking news haha! Noticed this was already posted a few pages back. I hate doing that!)

Yes, she claimed 50 cents was to call her mother.
So did AC just happened upon Gina walking home alone because she had no money left for a bus?

Yes I understand, but it didn't cost 50 to use a payphone at that time. All I said was it's a possibility whether the daughter stated it in the interview or not. MY thoughts on it.

edit: After hearing her plea of 'sorry' it just reinforced that thought to me.
edit: ugh, this isn't coming out right ~ I'm not saying she was aware or knew anything but that in hindsight now, IF she did have her dad come get her, she might feel somewhat responsible.
However, it's also VERY possible and probably more plausible that dad WAS following her.

Exactly! If my son got taken away from me after a million years I would still remember how old he's supposed to be! If he couldn't remember how old his daughter was I begin to wonder if he's even her father at all!

Not singling out you or your post, just the most recent one I saw in front of me talking about this subject -

Gina was in special ed classes, and was only in 7th grade even though she was 14. She would've been older than Arlene unless Arlene was held back also. It's possible that Ariel knew she was older than his daughter but didn't know how MUCH older. I have seen photos of Gina from the time she went missing and it might be possible to think she was 16 in my opinion. Perhaps he thought this was the case as well.

I was under the impression they found nothing on his own personal property ???

That's what I thought as well. They dug, but didn't find anything. Or IIRC they specified that they didn't find human remains, but they did take around 200 things into evidence from their search.

Great minds, I was just going to post that. She said there was no abuse in her home. Her brother said there was lots of abuse. He stated his father beat his mom after she had brain surgery, that's why she eventually left him. How in the world does this gal say there was no abuse??? Especially since we know Castro abused all the three women he had in captivity??

She was asked if she had ever met the little girl J and said no - then she was asked if she had ever seen abuse and she said no never. My original thought was ask her about when she was younger, as she may have taken it as in the last few years...but she may have been young enough never to have known about it. Her brother did say that they weren't ever allowed to touch her as a baby.

Would they not have to have a body first or proof that one of them gave birth recently e.g still bleeding ????

Nope they can simply take the girls word. If they all corroborate each others stories that's all they need

Would they not have to have a body first or proof that one of them gave birth recently e.g still bleeding ????

"No Body" murder cases have been successfully prosecuted before. You do NOT have to have the body to prove a murder occurred.

Yea, it's only Wiki, but here is a starting point for info. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_conviction_without_a_body"]Murder conviction without a body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

About Ariel writing in his suicide note that he was a sex addict. Why the hell didn't he join SAA or something, why did he kidnap 3 girls and rape them and keep them captive and brutalized them for 10 years?? He may well be a sex addict, but not all sex addicts kidnap and rape victims. If he knew what was wrong with him, that he was sick, why didn't he seek help for it??? This makes me sick.

Yes I understand, but it didn't cost 50 to use a payphone at that time. All I said was it's a possibility whether the daughter stated it in the interview or not. MY thoughts on it.

edit: After hearing her plea of 'sorry' it just reinforced that thought to me.
edit: ugh, this isn't coming out right ~ I'm not saying she was aware or knew anything but that in hindsight now, IF she did have her dad come get her, she might feel somewhat responsible.
However, it's also VERY possible and probably more plausible that dad WAS following her.

So why wouldn't she have mentioned that she called her father if she did? She claimed she called her mother, not her father. If she ever said anything about father coming to get her (if he did, there is no evidence of that) I would think at the very least police would have interviewed Ariel Castro (which they never did).

I think his so-called suicide note is a set up for his defense.
I certainly wouldn't assume he is being honest in that note. He certainly never killed himself. If he is claiming he didn't know Gina was so young, it could very well be he is trying to present himself in a better light. Maybe he thinks penalties are more severe for kidnapping a younger girl.

That's what I thought as well. They dug, but didn't find anything. Or IIRC they specified that they didn't find human remains, but they did take around 200 things into evidence from their search.

I deleted my post. I was in the kitchen when CNN said something about a tarp and digging in the back yard. I thought they were digging at the moment, so was awaiting the results. I misunderstood.

I pray that these young women will be able to heal and create healthy relationships. He's robbed them of so much more than 10 years. I hope that in time they can forget most of the horror.

How does that mesh with the daughter's story that she called her mother to ask if she could go to Gina's and was told no so Gina walked? So is the daughter who said that and has been recently interviewed on tv lying?

Perhaps he approached Gina and his daughter, who had been told that they could not hang out together. If AC;s daughter's Mom (who he was not living with) told her to get home, AC could have either taken her to her Mom's and returned for Gina, or have circled the block until his daughter was out of sight and approached Gina alone.

Because her boyfriend was breaking up with her, the court said

Her brother also said that she had mental problems and the family dealt with the mental problems over a period of time. I think the judge dismissed that defense.

did anyone besides Ariel ever go into the home? if so, didn't they find the locks strange?

did anyone besides Ariel ever go into the home? if so, didn't they find the locks strange?

For sure. Other people went in the home.
Even if they did find the locks strange, they obviously never reported it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill