Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned it was against the law for the child to be out of school without immunizations. I'm an Ohio homeschooler. Age of notification is 6, so you don't have to have a child in school OR notify about homeschooling until after the age of 6. So this fall she would have had to notify. Immunizations are not required for homeschoolers at all.

She couldn't notify anybody. She was held in captivity, as we all know.

Arlene claims she saw Gina before Gina went home on foot. Normally Gina rode a bus, but because Gina gave Arlene 50 cents, Gina had to walk home. Arlene has not mentioned that other friend at all. Also Arlene didn't mention her father.

I really wonder how much more she knows. Did her dad drive by them when they were together? Did he pick her up and then swing back for Gina?
I've read that he regretted taking her (Gina) because he didn't realize how young she was? But didn't he know her as his 7th grade daughter's friend?

Speaking of language I have a question about What language Amanda speaks. Does she speak both English and Spanish?

Remember Angel Cordero who speaks only Spanish? If Amanda speak only English how did the two of them communicate when she was asking him for help? According to Cordero he didn't have any problem understanding her.

Angel doesn't speak only Spanish. I saw an interview of him in English. He speaks English, and reasonably well.
I could understand everything he said.

Someone mentioned it was against the law for the child to be out of school without immunizations. I'm an Ohio homeschooler. Age of notification is 6, so you don't have to have a child in school OR notify about homeschooling until after the age of 6. So this fall she would have had to notify. Immunizations are not required for homeschoolers at all.

I have my doubt if the little girl was going to receive any of those, school or immunizations. If she was born at home without a birth certificate how were they going to register her for anything that required names of both parents and official documentation?

Somewhere in these threads it was said the brothers inherited money when their dad died. I believe he died in 2004. So all of sudden Ariel has some money, but hes stuck in Cleveland because he has these three girls. I absolutely positively believe he was drunk when he wrote that suicide/confession note. imo

Stuck in Cleveland because of the girls? Where was he wanting to go? His two brothers didn't have girls in their home, they never left Cleveland.

She couldn't notify anybody. She was held in captivity, as we all know.

That's quite obvious, thank you.

I'm responding to those that said there could be charges for not having the child in school or not seeing a doctor. While there were many heinous crimes committed by Ariel, there was no crime in not having her in school or not getting immunizations. I hope that clears it up for you.

Angel doesn't speak only Spanish. I saw an interview of him in English. He speaks English, and reasonably well.
I could understand everything he said.

I must have missed his English interviews. The only ones I saw he spoke Spanish and needed an interpreter.

I have my doubt if the little girl was going to receive any of those, school or immunizations. If she was born at home without a birth certificate how were they going to register her for anything that required names of both parents and official documentation?

They weren't going to register her for anything. Just like Jaycee Dugards daughters who were not registered anywhere.

Regarding her loss of spanish, I'm certain that this is temporary. One thing to consider is that even first generation americans don't always speak their families' language all that well. We speak english and spanish in our household, but my children only have a very small grasp of spanish. They have cousins who live in households where the adults only speak spanish to each other, and only watch tv in spanish, etc, and yet none of the kids can speak it fluently. A couple don't speak it at all. When it's not in use, it's easy to lose.

On the plus side, it will be flooding back to her soon. Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn. I'm not fluent, but I can speak it well enough to get by with folks who only speak spanish. I spoke none nine years ago.

No. I'm sure they wouldn't, but at this point they were in compliance for homeschooling.

I must have missed his English interviews. The only ones I saw he spoke Spanish and needed an interpreter.

I saw it. It's on the internet. Anybody who wants to hear Angel speak English-I posted link on Charles Ramsey's thread.

Just saw an interesting interview on cnn. A woman affliated with the band back in 03 and 04 said a lot abt Ariel but also mentioned the director of the band was killed in an automobile accident in 04. aLot happening that year.

That's quite obvious, thank you.

I'm responding to those that said there could be charges for not having the child in school or not seeing a doctor. While there were many heinous crimes committed by Ariel, there was no crime in not having her in school or not getting immunizations. I hope that clears it up for you.

Exactly, I was about to reply with this for you, but you've got it covered. ;)

They weren't going to register her for anything. Just like Jaycee Dugards daughters who were not registered anywhere.

I didn't say they were going to register her for anything. I was responding to Bee Happy's comment.

Hello All,

In regards to Gina's mental faculties, I taught 7th grade reading/English in a very low income neighborhood like the ones these girls grew up in and it was not uncommon for my students to have severe difficulty reading. Out of 6 periods I taught 2 remedial classes where most of my students were at a 2nd grade reading level or below. There was nothing mentally wrong with the children. Some had minor learning disabilities and others had behavioral issues but none were special needs. Some other students in the class were also just non-native English speakers. All students in these remedial classes were considered to be in Special Education. I'm not sure on Gina's native language, but if she primarily spoke Spanish or grew up in a who where Spanish was spoken instead of English it would explain why she was just learning to read.

My point, I guess, is that just because she was in a special education class and have trouble reading does not mean that is isn't fully functioning or that she has special needs in any way. I'm sure that if she did, her family would have spoken about it given how vocal they were.

JMO, MOO.... All that jazz.

Regarding her loss of spanish, I'm certain that this is temporary. One thing to consider is that even first generation americans don't always speak their families' language all that well. We speak english and spanish in our household, but my children only have a very small grasp of spanish. They have cousins who live in households where the adults only speak spanish to each other, and only watch tv in spanish, etc, and yet none of the kids can speak it fluently. A couple don't speak it at all. When it's not in use, it's easy to lose.

On the plus side, it will be flooding back to her soon. Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn. I'm not fluent, but I can speak it well enough to get by with folks who only speak spanish. I spoke none nine years ago.

I think so too. I lost my French after years of not speaking it. Once I started again, it kind of came flooding back.

They said spanish was her second language.

She was asked if she had ever met the little girl J and said no - then she was asked if she had ever seen abuse and she said no never. My original thought was ask her about when she was younger, as she may have taken it as in the last few years...but she may have been young enough never to have known about it. Her brother did say that they weren't ever allowed to touch her as a baby.

Thanks for pointing that out. I took it totally differently. I wasn't thinking about it in relationshp to J, I was thinking overall, in her father's house, as a child herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95