Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this last night...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ave-lives.html

"Dejesus told police that Castro initially approached her with his own daughter, who were friends and attended the same school. Castro later returned without his daughter and told DeJesus that he would give her a ride to his house so they could hang out, the report said."

I just read in the previous thread that AC might have made his daughters lie and accuse their step father. I wonder if he also had his daughter lie or withhold information to police about the fact that Gina saw both AC and his daughter before going missing :(

I was questioning this because it is in daily mail. But I just heard the same thing on CNN (Piers Morgan).

From the yahoo article, it seems Michelle is still in the hospital, whereas the other two are home. I wonder if her medical needs are more severe than the other two?

From the yahoo article, it seems Michelle is still in the hospital, whereas the other two are home. I wonder if her medical needs are more severe than the other two?
More likely she doesn't have a home she wants to go back to.

I was questioning this because it is in daily mail. But I just heard the same thing on CNN (Piers Morgan).
And all the reports that Jessica Aponce is saying she was with her before she dissapeared and that she called her mother and was on her way home.

So who was with her before she was abducted? That's 2 phone calls to her mom now.

In the America's Most Wanted video, the 2nd call was to Arlene's mother to see if they could have a sleepover. Her mother said no, leaving Gina short of money for the bus.

And all the reports that Jessica Aponce is saying she was with her before she dissapeared and that she called her mother and was on her way home.

So who was with her before she was abducted? That's 2 phone calls to her mom now.

Arlene was the one needed 50 cents to call her mother, per Arlene.

Regarding her loss of spanish, I'm certain that this is temporary. One thing to consider is that even first generation americans don't always speak their families' language all that well. We speak english and spanish in our household, but my children only have a very small grasp of spanish. They have cousins who live in households where the adults only speak spanish to each other, and only watch tv in spanish, etc, and yet none of the kids can speak it fluently. A couple don't speak it at all. When it's not in use, it's easy to lose.

On the plus side, it will be flooding back to her soon. Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn. I'm not fluent, but I can speak it well enough to get by with folks who only speak spanish. I spoke none nine years ago.

First of all, gotta comment on the name. Oblio didn't have a point. :) Sure brought back memories. We named our dog Arrow. :)

Ok, now on to language. My father lived with his grandmother who didn't speak a lick of English for the first 5 years of his life. He only spoke Spanish until he went to live with his parents, where they forbade him to speak Spanish, and only use English so he could do well in school. FF 20 years later, and because he didn't use the language at all for 20 years, he forgot most of it. When he ends up in a convo where he HAS to use it, he struggles getting his point across, but some of it will come back for him when he needs it.

So I think that with Gina surrounded by her family and using the language, she'll pick it up again, and as you said it will come flooding back.

She doesn't have people she trusts to help her outside the hospital. Maybe having been help captive for so long, being ordered what to do and when, she's more afraid of leaving the hospital and needs them to teach her things she's forgotten how to do for herself. I imagine if she's disfigured from the beatings, that is maybe another reason she wants to hide. The hospital can and are protecting her from the media etc and the family. She may feel safer there, for now. I'm sure she doesn't know what to do with her new-found freedom.

I must have missed his English interviews. The only ones I saw he spoke Spanish and needed an interpreter.

My dad speaks English as his second language. His English is very good, if not perfect, but I imagine that if he was in a similar situation he would ask for an interpreter to ensure nothing he says is lost in translation.

I learned English when I was 15. I am now 23 and my Spanish is slowly going. I can still speak it fluently but I find myself hesitating sometimes, and I get a chance to speak it almost daily! I can't imagine that Gina would retain Spanish for that long if she didn't speak it daily, especially if it was her second language!

I must have missed his English interviews. The only ones I saw he spoke Spanish and needed an interpreter.

Just because somebody can speak a language, doesn't mean that they understand that language. I can speak basic Japanese. If a Japanese reporter wanted to interview me in Japanese, by asking me simple questions, I could answer them just like a native Japanese speaker. If he started asking me more complex questions, he would quickly realize that my Japanese ability was extremely limited, and he was wasting his time with me.

this is interesting:
Attorney questions possible connections to Ariel Castro of 1981 murder of West Side girl
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Attorneys who maintain that Orlando "Chico" Morales was wrongfully convicted in 1981 for the kidnapping, rape and murder of a Cleveland 14-year-old girl say this week's charges against Ariel Castro made them ponder possible connections to the old case.​
read more: http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/attorney_question_possible_con.html

this is interesting:
Attorney questions possible connections to Ariel Castro of 1981 murder of West Side girl
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Attorneys who maintain that Orlando "Chico" Morales was wrongfully convicted in 1981 for the kidnapping, rape and murder of a Cleveland 14-year-old girl say this week's charges against Ariel Castro made them ponder possible connections to the old case.​
read more: http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/attorney_question_possible_con.html
Hopefully they have DNA they can test

I believe from what I have read, she has long term physical injuries, as well as mental issues. She will probably be in the hospital for a while.

OT- The same thing is done in the US. It depends on the child's needs - some are in full-time ("self-contained") SpEd classrooms, others get pull-out services for 30 minutes or an hour each day, but many get inclusion services in the 'regular' classroom.

My son was 3 months early, He is behind in reading, we had a meeting today I finally had to sign the papers to allow him to be placed in special ed classes. I asked a lot of questions, because when I was in school, the kids were kept separate and i did not want that. They will take him out 1 hour a day for reading and 3 times a week for 20 mins each for speech. It is done a lot different then it was was when i was in school in the 80's .

Two men reporetdly saw Gina get kidnapped by AC. They called the police and even gave the vehicle license plate. This was on Anderson Cooper right now. If this is true then there is NO excuse!

I believe from what I have read, she has long term physical injuries, as well as mental issues. She will probably be in the hospital for a while.

Has anyone entertained the possability this could be that she is currently pregnant ?????

Absolutely! How can she not after 13 years of torture? I saw where he would make them watch news, like when Amanda's mom died. You can believe he had a field day making Michelle feel forgotten and unloved... no matter what her family actually felt! All of those years in captivity, previous years of rocky family relationships and no evidence of anyone looking for her when the other 2 girls had lots of coverage (since they were shown the coverage!) would leave deeeeeeeep scars! I can only imagine! That thought process doesn't disappear just because her physical location has changed. She is right where she needs to be with physical help and mental health professionals and in a secure, security filled environment!

MICHELLE, take your time! Do things as they feel right! You ARE loved!!!!!!

Also, I have read most pages and don't remember seeing it, but it is possible it has been discussed! I looked at some of the old posts for AB and GD. It is crazy how close sleuthers were... even mentioning cases of the abductor being the parent of a friend! In each thread, a possible car was mentioned. Has there been any discussion or knowledge of what car he drove back then? His sketch was right on, so what about the car? If the cars match, there was no reason this wasn't solved almost immediately!

Two men reporetdly saw Gina get kidnapped by AC. They called the police and even gave the vehicle license plate. This was on Anderson Cooper right now. If this is true then there is NO excuse!

It is always easy to look back and see things missed.

But like the reports of naked women on leashes until there is more information I'll take this with a grain of salt. For all we know these guys really weren't credible back then.

As for why AC wasn't interviewed when Gina went missing I can only say if Gina's family never picked up on the signs how could police? It is obvious to us all now but clearly for 9 years it wasn't.

Speaking of language I have a question about What language Amanda speaks. Does she speak both English and Spanish?

Remember Angel Cordero who speaks only Spanish? If Amanda speak only English how did the two of them communicate when she was asking him for help? According to Cordero he didn't have any problem understanding her.

I'm sure this has already been answered since I'm usually late to the show:eek: but since I've seen this question quite a few times I'd like to address it. I've seen several interviews with Angel Cordero and in one he spoke Spanish with a translator and in one he spoke English. Obviously English isn't his first language which is probably why he chose to have a translator in one interview, but he speaks English just fine. He answered every question the interviewer asked him and I had no problem understanding him.

More information on MK and family. "Neither Knight's grandmother nor her mother, who moved to Florida but flew back to Cleveland this week, have seen her.
"No, we haven't - on her request. She does not want to be seen by family," Deborah Knight, the grandmother, told Reuters."...

"During the women's captivity, CNN reported, their tormentor showed them televised coverage of vigils held by the Berry and DeJesus families, who have said they never gave up hope the girls would return home alive.
Knight's family did not hold vigils and her grandmother said they were certain Michelle Knight was dead."

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-held-captive-cleveland-home-rebuffs-mother-grandmother-223423744.html

So sad, I can only imagine how that made Michelle feel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95