Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I'm against it but how? I thought only murder was a capital offense???

The pregnancies that were aborted, as told by Michelle! Each one of those that were terminated is a murder charge.

How does that mesh with the daughter's story that she called her mother to ask if she could go to Gina's and was told no so Gina walked? So is the daughter who said that and has been recently interviewed on tv lying?

Just my thoughts on this ~ Apparently Gina gave the daughter 50cents so it's possible that she called her dad to come get her? Gina had no money for a bus then so she started walking home. Just an idea.

[/B]

I;m not seeing it. Can you post it here?

I posted the link two up from you but if you look at the facebook page it has new update on the girls and outpouring, its towards the end of that post On the left

Am I the only one having difficulty posting here? It take 3 - 5 attempts to make one post. I kept getting "cannot connect to websleuths.com" when I tried to submit a reply. :maddening:

When the site gets busy, sometimes it takes a while to switch pages. And sometimes it will even go down for a few moments.

How was it possible that he didn't know how old Gina was? Wasn't she his daughter's BFF? In that case, how much older could Gina be than his daughter? :banghead:

The daughter did not live with him, it's possible, if in fact he did go to pick up his daughter on that horrid day, that it was the first time he met/saw Gina??

I've been trying for 2 days now to figure out how to ask this delicately. I'm still not sure if this is delicate enough but I'll give it my best try. This is strictly a legal question about the laws as they are today. I don't want to spark a political or moral debate. Here goes... abortion is legal in Ohio, correct? So how does that work legally speaking? I know after a certain gestational age things change, and I believe it has something to do with the fetus' ability to live on its own outside of the womb but I don't know a lot about it. If abortion's legal depending on the # of weeks pregnant/fetus viability, how does that impact what he could be charged with? If he caused the miscarriages early on (say before 20 or 24 weeks, or whatever the 'cutoff' is), can he be charged with anything other than the abuse to Michelle?

My quick Google search showed some differences between induced abortion vs. spontaneous abortion (aka miscarriage). It got me wondering legally speaking where it would fall if it's a spontaneous abortion caused by physical abuse. Obviously there's the abuse against the woman, but is there a crime (again strictly legally speaking) against the fetus? Is it different depending on whether or not the pregnant woman wanted to have the child?

I know it's not directly related to this case but I was also thinking about women trying to cause their own miscarriages. If a woman say starves herself by choice in hopes of causing a miscarriage and it works, is that a crime? What could she potentially be charged with? Would it differ from what someone else could be charged with if they forced her to starve and it led to a miscarriage?

I hope I'm making sense and don't offend anyone.

Early on in the reporting, a legal analyst on CNN said that in Ohio, at 5 months a fetus is considered viable and that it is illegal to abort past that point in the pregnancy. The analyst also said, for the sake of an example, if a woman was assaulted and lost the baby past that point in the pregnancy, it would be a murder charge.

I think if they can prove he caused miscarriages/deaths of fetuses it becomes a capital case.

Would they not have to have a body first or proof that one of them gave birth recently e.g still bleeding ????

Just my thoughts on this ~ Apparently Gina gave the daughter 50cents so it's possible that she called her dad to come get her? Gina had no money for a bus then so she started walking home. Just an idea.

Daughter certainly didn't mention anything like that when she gave an interview to AMW.

Why did his daughter slit her baby's throat??!!

The baby survived and is with the father. The mother tried to commit suicide at the same time, slitting her wrists and cutting her own throat. She claimed members of her family were trying to kill her. She was found competent to stand trial and convicted but adjudicated mentally ill.

She didn't mention calling her dad to come get her, right.

Yes, she claimed 50 cents was to call her mother.
So did AC just happened upon Gina walking home alone because she had no money left for a bus?

The baby survived and is with the father. The mother tried to commit suicide at the same time, slitting her wrists and cutting her own throat. She claimed members of her family were trying to kill her. She was found competent to stand trial and convicted but adjudicated mentally ill.

oh my! do you think she was trying to escape her father? maybe she wanted to tell authorities so he threatened to kill her. did she fear her child would be raped?

this story is truly awful and horrific

Thank you nikb for posting that. I was wondering the same thing but didn't know how to ask it properly.

I think there was an article a few days back that she was assaulted at school which resulted with the pregnancy. Didn't know it was that bad though. :(

This poor girl has had a lifetime of being victimized and brutalized. Has she ever known love?? Has she ever felt special and important?? I wish I knew why things like this happened to innocent people who have never hurt anyone.

I'm praying even harder that she gets the help she needs, the resources to help her heal and never gets victimized by anyone ever again. She's had enough. I'm even prouder of her now that she has survived so much and is still standing. What a brave and courageous young woman, to have suffered so much and still fought to keep living, never giving up.

I'm still wondering why AC's daughter said in that GMA interview that there wasn't any violence in the household when her mother was physically abused.. IDK why she would lie about that.

oh my! do you think she was trying to escape her father? maybe she wanted to tell authorities so he threatened to kill her. did she fear her child would be raped?

this story is truly awful and horrific

No, she wasn't living with her father and wasn't trying to escape her father. She was living with her boyfriend in another state. Apparently the boyfriend left her. This really doesn't appear to have anything to do with her father.

still catching up so not sure if its been talked about yet, but CNN is stating they will be seeking murder charges for the forced abortions, aswell as additional rape charges for every time it happend.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/09/us/ohio-missing-women-found/index.html

"In addition to aggravated murder, McGinty vowed to seek charges "for each and every act of sexual violence, rape, each day of kidnapping, every felonious assault (and) all his attempted murders.
"

I didn't interpret Tim McGinty's remarks quite that way. He said he would pursue those charges if there was evidence to support them. He emphasized that the investigation is still in the very early stages. His office is referring the case to a Grand Jury (as they usually do in major cases) and there is a great deal of evidence to review (200 items) and more that is still being gathered.

This is how the prosecutors office in this county does things - carefully and deliberately. They always strive for airtight cases, that's why they win so many. McGinty is also a former judge, so he knows to be careful. If they can find enough evidence to bring charges of aggravated murder, they will. If not, they won't. But I have a great deal of confidence in their abilities. JMO

I'm still wondering why AC's daughter said in that GMA interview that there wasn't any violence in the household when her mother was physically abused.. IDK why she would lie about that.

Great minds, I was just going to post that. She said there was no abuse in her home. Her brother said there was lots of abuse. He stated his father beat his mom after she had brain surgery, that's why she eventually left him. How in the world does this gal say there was no abuse??? Especially since we know Castro abused all the three women he had in captivity??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee