Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
methamphetamine is prescribed for ADHD and narcolepsy but very unlikely
I initially wondered if it was prescribed to her as she may have been addicted and he had put her on it -anyway just crazy ideas, maybe it's completely wrong

I initially wondered if it was prescribed to her as she may have been addicted and he had put her on it -anyway just crazy ideas, maybe it's completely wrong

I think the mother didn't know what she was talking about and probably confused a medication Michelle might be taking for one she (the mother) could be all too familiar with. (Ok, I'll go to my room now.):blushing:

if you were to drug a victim, meth would be one of the last things youd give them. theyd be up hours on end minds racing.. theyd dig out of the basement with a toothpick on meth. not to mention you develope a tolerance fast, making you need more and more rather quickly, even tho its dirt cheap this can ad up, plus over 12 years he would have goten caught purchasing it... it also rots you from the inside so she would probably be in even worse health, if alive at all. also why just drug her and not the others?

Dextroamphetamine or Methylphenidate is often used for ADHD, but not Methamphetamine. Depending on the cause of her confusion, they may or may not be of any help to her. MOO

Dextroamphetamine or Methylphenidate is often used for ADHD, but not Methamphetamine. Depending on the cause of her confusion, they may or may not be of any help to her. MOO

there is DESOXYN (methamphetamine hydrochloride) but ive never heard of it actually being used, ive just heard of it before from researching medical grade "street" drugs. im not even sure if you can get it prescribed anymore.. but it does exist according to the internet.

I do think we should avoid talking about her mental health as its a private matter. If she wants to one day go public and talk about her battles thats one thing, but until then we should be respectful of her privacy. The stigma of mental health has come a long way in 12 years, she may have lots of fears about the media and public scrutinizing every aspect of her life. I know I wouldnt want that. Think if she were to one day come across this and read it. who wants total strangers talking about their personal matters

It's just mind boggling to me that MK could be missing for 12 years, 144 months, 4,380 days and no one was looking for her. No one. How can that be????

She's diminutive, only 4 ft. 7 in tall, she looked tiny. She had mental incapabilities, where she got "confused." She had just gone through a heart breaking experience of losing custody of her child, and no one looked for her. She should have been a top priority based on the mental confusion alone. She should have been classified an "endangered adult" and all the stops should have been pulled out to locate her.

How heartbreaking that poor Michelle was held there with no hopes of ever being rescued since no one bothered to look for her and she knew it.

This poor gal has suffered untold brutalization her whole life. First at the hands of her family, then at the hands of her captor. She's never known anything but sadness and mistreatment.

It's time for her to come out on top, it's time for her to be treated with love and dignity. I'm so proud of her that she made her own decisions when she decided not to see her mother and grandmother. She probably never had a chance to decide anything for herself in her 32 years up til now. IMO.

same article:

"When mom and dad were fighting, it's like I just wanted to melt into the ground," she said. "I've seen him basically stomp on her like she was a man," Gregg remembered.

Then after a bludgeoning, her mother had enough, and the family split up. The other children left with her mother, but Gregg stuck by Castro, believing the excuses he made for the violence. She finished growing up under his roof, she said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/09/us/ohio-suspect-daughter/index.html

I think if Michelle 's Mom wants to have any hope of a relationship with her daughter, to regain her trust, she needs to hush up and show respect for her daughter's privacy. Something hinky about that woman to me.

I think if Michelle 's Mom wants to have any hope of a relationship with her daughter, to regain her trust, she needs to hush up and show respect for her daughter's privacy. Something hinky about that woman to me.

As if this girl hasn't been violated enough. I think LE and hospital staff recognize that she is fragile and have tried to shield her, I wish certain members of her family would do the same.

As if this girl hasn't been violated enough. I think LE and hospital staff recognize that she is fragile and have tried to shield her, I wish certain members of her family would do the same.

Exactly. It doesn't seem her family have advocated for her or protected her in the past and that's what needs to change. They don't seem to have much idea of those concepts.

It's just mind boggling to me that MK could be missing for 12 years, 144 months, 4,380 days and no one was looking for her. No one. How can that be????

She's diminutive, only 4 ft. 7 in tall, she looked tiny. She had mental incapabilities, where she got "confused." She had just gone through a heart breaking experience of losing custody of her child, and no one looked for her. She should have been a top priority based on the mental confusion alone. She should have been classified an "endangered adult" and all the stops should have been pulled out to locate her.

How heartbreaking that poor Michelle was held there with no hopes of ever being rescued since no one bothered to look for her and she knew it.

This poor gal has suffered untold brutalization her whole life. First at the hands of her family, then at the hands of her captor. She's never known anything but sadness and mistreatment.

It's time for her to come out on top, it's time for her to be treated with love and dignity. I'm so proud of her that she made her own decisions when she decided not to see her mother and grandmother. She probably never had a chance to decide anything for herself in her 32 years up til now. IMO.

bbm - you forgot the gang rape. :(

Yes it's extremely sad what this woman had to endure in her life. I so want to go and give her a big hug! Somehow I wish she could simply stay with Amanda or Gina and their families. She probably had more friendliness and respect from them than she ever had in her life before the kidnapping. I hope it will work out for her and she will soon feel much better.

Michelle's story just breaks my heart...dealt a bad hand from birth on...and I can't wrap my mind around her mother having a difficult time remembering what she looked like. Makes me grateful for what I have. This girl is stronger than she realizes and epitomizes the word 'survivor'...

The hospital can and will just write it off as a charity case. The hospital also has social workers who will work with them to apply for disability and other public assistance. Since the police brought them there for testing needed for their investigation, that part may be paid for by the city. There are also victim assistance funds that can be used to pay for their hospitalization. They will receive the care they need, one way or another.
I would have thought that being a victim of crime they would have been obligated to look after her.....

Ohio man's ex-kin say he beat them, kept mannequin

Castro kept Figueroa imprisoned inside her own home, locking the doors from the inside, and forbade her from using the telephone, Caraballo said. After warning her not to leave, he would test her to see if she obeyed, Caraballo said.
"He would go creeping downstairs, not telling her that he's home, spying on her," Caraballo said. "See who she's calling. Next thing you know, he'll pop upstairs."
Monica Stephens, Castro's former daughter-in-law, married Castro's son in 2004 but split from him in 2006. On Thursday, she recalled how her ex-husband told her that he and his mother were beaten by Castro.
"They were like hostages in their own house," she said.
Castro, to frighten his wife, kept a mannequin wearing a dark wig propped up against a wall and sometimes drove around the neighborhood with it, relatives said.
"He threatened me lots of times with it," said Angel Caraballo, Castro's nephew, who used to play with his cousins at the house where the kidnapped women were found. "He would say, 'Act up again, you'll be in that back room with the mannequin.'"
One day, Figueroa was returning home with her arms full of groceries when Castro jumped into the doorway with the mannequin, frightening her so badly that she fell backward and smashed her head on the pavement, Elida Caraballo said.
In 1996, Castro hit Figueroa for the last time, family members said. After one particularly bad beating, Figueroa ran outside with one of her sons, crying out to neighbors just as the captive women did on Monday, Caraballo said.
"The neighbors went across the street to get her," Caraballo said. "And that was the last time she ever stepped in the house."

Who knows since she can't even pronounce it.

This is also coming from someone who said that asthma is a mental health condition, so I think it'd be pretty tough to guess what she might mean.

ETA: and I totally agree that details about her health, especially mental health, should be kept private unless and until she decides to talk about it one day.

Michelle deserves to tell her own story if and when she wants to. I hope she is getting the level of privacy she wants.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/10/ohio-man-ex-kin-say-beat-them-kept-mannequin/

what is also really bad about this story is he terrorized his first family, they all wound up leaving and sadly his ex-wife died, one daughter is in prison.

So, he's left alone, what would anyone think he would do??
Of course, do it AGAIN and worse the second time!!
I'm not so sure why some people were shocked or did not suspect something if they knew about his evil past?
Evil typically does not just stop.
Totally baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members