Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be too "developmentally delayed."

She successfully delivered a baby!!

I agree I would guess a learning diasbility. She delivered a baby that had stopped breathing and brought it back to life. I am so glad she is with Gina and her family. I'm positive they will take good care of her and lots love.

I wish CNN would get Jaycee on to do commentary on this case. She could give wonderful insight into this case and what these victims need and will need to regain their life.

This is wonderful, it looks like from what he says the brother is in no position to take her in so Gina's family have opened their hearts and home. I am not surprise, i remember the aunt and mom saying Michelle and Amanda were family too. They meant it clearly. Gina's family are simply amazing

I am excited to hear this news. It also makes sense to me why a reporter on Cnn who actually went in the house for a while to meet with Gina(she was one that reported from the beginning and kept Ginas pictures on her desk) kept saying over and over again:
This family is amazing , they have the biggest hearts) It all makes sense. God bless them even more......

Even if these two guys are credible, I don't see anything about any license plate numbers. Even if police believed them, and they were credible, unless there was a license plate number, it wouldn't necessarily help finding Gina.
There is a sketch circulated associated with Gina's abduction that looks like Castro. Do we know how that sketch came about? Obvoiusly somebody witnessed the abduction.

You are presuming that without a license plate they could not find her. License plates are not considered strong evidence becausee perps are 'hip" to that an often change license plates first. Did you see the video of AC at the gas station.. He was stopped by police for having the license plate sideways, a known way by police, when people are trying not to be stopped. In this case. AC was using a license plate that belonged to to the wrong vehicle.
However, the police could have tracked the make/model of truck to trucks in the area, then AC who knew the family, then associated the sketch with AC, then investigate the home., then looked behind the locked doors.

bbm that made me smile and cry all at once. I wonder though why Amanda wasn't included in that :(

I don't think it was intentional. I think right now Amanda could not take Michelle in because of space constraints. I think the three will remain close and speak often. I don't think Amanda was left out intentionally, I think it was more of a unintentional statement.

I will answer what I can.
1. Both brothers are not thought to be involved at this time.

2. AC ex-wife passed away bc of a brain tumor, if it was caused by the beatings she suffered is unknown. IIRC she left AC for good in 1995 or 1996, so no she would not have been living in the house at the same time as the girls.

3. Not sure that information has been confirmed but I remember hearing something about the basement and an upstairs bedroom.

4. He has been receiving unemployment benifits since he lost his job as a school bus driver in Nov.
5. J is six. So yes, kindergarden age.

HTH, and if I have anything wrong somebody please correct me. TIA

I see now Carmenugt beat me to it and she said it much better than I did!!

I know I heard that too, but I also heard he was fired so now that I think about it....

How did he get unemployment benefits if he was fired?

Are things different in Ohio? Here in FL you can't get unemployment if fired.

I am soooooooo happy about this. Hopefully Michelle's mother gets the hint and leaves her the heck alone! I am glad that Michelle is staying with people that will help her heal, and with Gina by her side it gives her a familiar face to be with. The two of them will benefit from being together.

I agree. Michele's mom needs to back off and go back to FL. She went to cleveland, reached out to her and Michele will contact her if/when she is ready. Baby steps.

I don't have a link so consider this rumor but I read that Michele's son is now 13 yrs old and she is looking forward to reuniting with him. I hope it is true!

wm

Great point-- I've been thinking the same. It does matter, it matters a whole lot!! I think many are right. These girls are not the only. I think he took a special liking to them. I think Gina he felt guilty because of his daughter. I think Michelle he felt bad because she was so ..... alone. I think he had a special "love" I know not love to us , but to him for Amanda.

So I think he was stuck and beginning to panic. I would bet than deep down, way down he left that house unlocked on purpose. I think he wanted them to get away subconciously .... that is just my thoughts for now. :D

I think he was mysogynistic and sadistice. He saw some women as "wifeys" and some as "*advertiser censored*." However, they still are women and are to be hated.
I agree, I think he wanted them to run away. He was never careless in 10 years. So why that day did he leave the "big door" unlocked? The house was going to be seized in July. He was remorseful in 2004 as demonstrated by the suicide note. His options were running out.

I wish CNN would get Jaycee on to do commentary on this case. She could give wonderful insight into this case and what these victims need and will need to regain their life.

She has a foundation that assists persons of abduction with reunification.
http://thejaycfoundation.org/

From a Grateful Family
April 11th, 2013

The following letter was submitted by a family that received reunification services.

————————
7/28/2012

Dear The JAYC Foundation,

My name is [N] and when I was eleven, I was kidnapped and held hostage for seven years.

I am about to complete my stay at Transitioning Families. Dr. Bailey is so much fun! She is such a warm person and I am so happy she “gets it”. Jane and Cynthia are beautiful, amazing woman who understand as well, and of course I cannot say enough about Charles’ cooking!

I am reunifying with my sisters, and the process has been such a beautiful and long-awaited one. Thank you so much for sponsoring us. I am so grateful for your organization, and so very impressed that you are heading such a wonderful thing. I know my family and I have a long way to go, but Transitioning Families has given us the tools to make that journey together.

It seems so inadequate to say just thank you. I am so very grateful for what you have done.

You’re often in my thoughts and always in my heart. Take care.
Love,
[N]

Copyright © 2010 - 2013 The JAYC Foundation, Inc.

I don't think that is a good reason to remove someone However, based upon her
disability chronological age should'nt matter. Does anyone know what year Michelles mother moved to Florida. I am wondering if CPD even tried to contact her prior to removal.
The CPD now keeps a list of missing persons, after the Sowell case. I posted the pdf on a previous post. Ashley Summers was on the list but none of these women.

Found this:

Barbara Knight reported her daughter missing in 2002. The case stayed open until she was found. However, 15 months into the investigation Cleveland police removed Knight’s name from the FBI database of missing people. Police said this is protocol because they could not reach Knight’s mother by phone to confirm she was still unaccounted for.

Milano said that’s not true

“Barbara says nobody contacted her back then. She lived in the same house for years. When she left, her family still lived there. She would be easy to find. They’re the Cleveland police. They could have found the mother,” Milano explained.

www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_new...pital-and-family-wasnt-notified#ixzz2Sw3V2ILY

And you don't find it at all possible that these 2 guys weren't credible at all and only seem so now because all the information they claim is public knowledge?

This very well could be. However we have heard how many claims now about people calling things into the police? And NOTHING was done. It seems like the police really dropped the ball and regardless of whether this was a credible tip or not, why are so many people coming forward now? This neighborhood is well known for not having good police relations. Its is just very coincidental that a lot of people are coming forward about tips they called in and nothing was done about them.

There cannot be this many tips that were called in and police didn't do anything about them.

I think the police grossly mishandled these cases, and I think in the future we will find this to be the case.

I am having a hard time making sense of the timeline of Michele.

She is 32. She was abducted in 2002 at age 21 or 20. According to her aunt, she had been gang-raped at her JUNIOR HIGH and gave birth to a child ABOUT A YEAR before her abduction. So, she would have been 19 or 20 when she had the child. And that would make her 18 or 19 in junior high?

I feel like that doesn't make sense.....

Michele was a freshman in high school in 1998.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-...clusion/story?id=19147785&page=2#.UY2BkrVMTWk

I think he was mysogynistic and sadistice. He saw some women as "wifeys" and some as "*advertiser censored*." However, they still are women and are to be hated.
I agree, I think he wanted them to run away. He was never careless in 10 years. So why that day did he leave the "big door" unlocked? The house was going to be seized in July. He was remorseful in 2004 as demonstrated by the suicide note. His options were running out.

IIRC it was stated that he had left doors unlocked before but they hadn't attempted anything for fear it was a test.

I don't think it matters at this point if Michelle's mother is really as unsympathetic as she appears to be. The family situation is stopped in time for Michelle. Whatever she was feeling at the time of the abduction is still fresh for her. I hope she can get past it, whether it's to move on or to reunite. I hope the mother isn't smelling a payoff of some kind, but I wouldn't be shocked. All MOO

Found this:

Barbara Knight reported her daughter missing in 2002. The case stayed open until she was found. However, 15 months into the investigation Cleveland police removed Knight’s name from the FBI database of missing people. Police said this is protocol because they could not reach Knight’s mother by phone to confirm she was still unaccounted for.

“Barbara says nobody contacted her back then. She lived in the same house for years. When she left, her family still lived there. She would be easy to find. They’re the Cleveland police. They could have found the mother,” Milano explained.

www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/knight-released-from-the-hospital-and-family-wasnt-notified#ixzz2Sw3V2ILY

I don't buy it! Why would a mother of a missing child/person leave state and move cross country?? Obviously she didn't really care about Michelle who was missing. And with her history, I believe that the police did try to get a hold of her, and she simply could not find the time to call them back. I think she just wanted to disappear and not give a damn about her missing! She claims to put up posters, how can she draw attention to Michelle if she is currently in Florida. Makes it kind of tough to follow through!

Forgive me for asking--I've skimmed this whole thread, but I can't find the answers I'm looking for.

1. I have not heard much at all about the two other brothers. Are they involved???

2. I understand that Ariels' wife passed away a few years ago of an inoperable brain tumor and this tumor is related to him beating her?? Did she live in the house, too???

3. Have I missed details of where they were all held in the house?

4. Ariel hasn't had a job for quite some time, how did he earn money?

5. How old is the little girl? Is she school age yet?

1. No, the brothers were arrested on unrelated charges. They had nothing to do with this case.

2. Thats possible.

3. They were moved around to various rooms. Basement and second floor, I believe.

4. Unemployment compensation.

5. Six years old.

Found this:

www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_new...pital-and-family-wasnt-notified#ixzz2Sw3V2ILY

News reports I read yesterday said the grandma and family had assumed Michelle was deceased. If her mother was really searching for Michelle all this time why didn't she contact her brother, the one who went and visited her. I wont say what I really think of Michelles mother other than I think she should leave Michelle alone, she has went and hired a lawyer trying to force Michelle to speak to her and get information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3