Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about it - all you have is the woman's name, and maybe a date of birth. Do you know how many Barbara Knights are out there? Quite a few. Even if you do search the database, it's very difficult to figure out which profile is the correct person. And then sometimes, the profiles are muddled because of similar/same names.
With a person's social security number you can find them. Heck even with the regular search engines like Intellius I have been able to find all kinds of people with their addresses. In fact, I even found Barbara Knight. There is zero excuse for Cleveland police not being able to find her.

With a person's social security number you can find them. Heck even with the regular search engines like Intellius I have been able to find all kinds of people with their addresses. In fact, I even found Barbara Knight. There is zero excuse for Cleveland police not being able to find her.

The police could have found her if they really wanted to. In the end it would not make any difference. Both Gina and Amanda were looked for and not found, even if they remained in that database.

What do you guys make of this alleged phone call? The only logical answer is that AC called Amanda's mother himself, right?? What a monster....

Yep, a very sick man playing sick games.

Too bad her phone didn't have GPS. They can pinpoint location exactly if the phone has GPS.

Cell phones didn't have that technology 10 years ago. They did track the call to a cell phone tower near Castro's home though.

Exactly, and thats just the public information. Police have access to a lot more information then that.

The police were obviously trying to solve these cases, but I don't think they were doing a great job.

They found her less than a day after finding the girls, someone was not putting the effort in before.

It wouldn 't have made any difference if they were able to contact MK's mother or not. Many adults go missing on their own free will everyday. Many adults have drug problems and just want to be left alone. Many teens do as well. How in the world is LE suppose to keep track of all of these people. It's active cooperation between LE and the community that provides the answers to cases. Why wasn't MK mother calling LE every week and asking for updates? Or was she? We don't know. There is a decade worth of paperwork to go through to find the answers on what was and wasn't done. I'm not happy with LE right now either, because Castro should have been looked into at some point and he fell through the cracks it seems. It's to late now though and thank god the girls are alive and home.

I've seen many cases lately when kids go missing under suspicious circumstances they go door to door in the neighborhood and do extensive interviews, bring in other law enforcement agencies, etc. I wonder how much has changed and how much has been learned over the last decade? What if anything, does Cleveland PD do now that they may have not done a decade ago. Hopefully things have improved.

How sick is that that his daughters knew the girls he was abducting. Were they "replacements" for the daughters who went off to live with their mom's??? Did these daughters "escape" the things he did to his captives??? What a sick, demented man.

I have these friends I've known for years, we've gone camping together and gone to dinner together. We always met at our house or whever we were going. For some reason, I don't remember why, we had go to their house once. They met us outside and would not allow us in the house, they said it wasn't ready for company. We stood out in the front yard and did whatever we had to do. Until I had to go to the bathroom. I asked where the nearest gas station was. After hemming and hawwing for awhile, they finally decided to let me in the house to wizz. It was a hoarders heaven. It was their dirty little secret they didn't want anyone to know. You could not swing a cat in that house, and it was a large, three bedroom, two bathroom home. It was just them, no children.

I would have never guessed because they were both clean and articulate in their dress, and their vehicles were well cared for.

More talk from Emily from her jailcell, interesting...

---------

Ariel Castro, the man accused of kidnapping three women and keeping them imprisoned in his home for a decade, stalked the neighborhood where his daughters lived and preyed on the girls' friends, his daughter says.

Two of his alleged victims, Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry, went to school with Castro's two daughters and the four girls all knew each other, his daughter Emily told a private investigator in a recorded jailhouse interview obtained by ABC News.

"It couldn't be coincidence," Emily Castro told private eye Chris Giannini of her father's decision to allegedly target two girls his daughter's knew.

Emily Castro is serving a 25 year prison sentence for stabbing her own infant daughter in 2011.

At the time of her 2003 abduction, Berry lived just a few houses down the block from the home in which Castro's daughters lived with their mother and stepfather. And Emily's sister Arlene was the last person to see DeJesus before she disappeared.

Berry, now 26, and Emily, now 25, attended school together. "I went to Wilbur Wright (Middle School) with her," Emily Castro told Giannini.

She said she was bothered that her father allegedly "used" her and her sister to look for victims on their street where they lived and played.

"He would come to his own kids' neighborhood, not his own. I'm not saying he should have done it all. I'm saying he didn't consider anything about us being his kids. He didn't consider that he's not only doing [kidnapping children] but he's hurting us," Emily Castro said.

She said she had seen DeJesus, a close friend of her younger sister, "a couple times" and spoke to her on the phone on the night before she was abducted.

Arlene Castro was the last person to see DeJesus on the day in 2004 that she vanished. The two wanted to go home together after school, and DeJesus lent her friend 50 cents for a pay phone call to ask her mother for permission, which was denied. DeJesus would normally have used that money for the bus, but instead she walked. It was on that walk she was allegedly abducted by Castro.

"I didn't want to believe they were connected," Emily Castro said upon learning that both girls she knew growing up had been living in captivity in a home owned by her father.

She said her father was routinely abusive of her mother Grimilda Figueroa, even beating her once while her mother was recovering from brain surgery. During the incident Emily Castro said she jumped on her father's back stabbing him with a pencil in an effort to get him to stop.

Ariel Castro was arrested following that incident, but the charges were later dropped.

Despite the violence Castro alleged aimed at her mother, Emily Castro said he never abused her or her siblings. She said her father doted of his daughters and was over protective. He insisted the girls cover up in public, wearing shorts under their skirts, t-shirts over their bathing suits and never change in front of him.

Castro, she said, even insisted his daughters shower "with underwear on" when he was in the house.

Emily said she had no knowledge of her father's alleged crimes and would have called the police herself had she known anything.

"I didn't know, I didn't have any knowledge at all. It is unbelievable," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/accused-ki...-friends-emily/story?id=19195556#.UZV0o7UWJXk

They should have asked her about her step-father that was convicted of molestation. Step-father claims he was framed.

"After the breakup, Figueroa and her four children by Ariel Castro – Anthony, Angie, Emily and Arlene – went to live with Colon in 1995. According to Colon, Castro was furious, and after peppering the house with abusive phone calls, issued a threat to Colon. “He told me very clearly, ‘One day I’m going to get back at you and I’m going to ruin your life.’” Colon said that Castro waited for his moment “and then accused me of something that does the most damage to a person.”

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...astro-was-accuser-in-sexual-assault-case?lite

I wonder where Emily is from me. Probably south. I would love to talk to these girls and find out how "daddy" manipulated them. They were minors, no harm caused by coming forward now. On the same token, I'm sure that they were fooled by this monster themselves. Hopefully they will be able to help all those that have been victims of AC.

When Giannini asked (Emily), “Did you know Gina and Amanda said you were in the car just before they were taken?” Castro responded, “It hurts so bad. I’m just saying that, that I feel used. I feel like I’m nothing to him; you know what I mean? I feel nothing anymore.”

http://fox8.com/2013/05/14/i-team-exclusive-recorded-interview-with-castros-daughter/

____

So Emily WAS the last person (other than Ariel) to see BOTH Gina and Amanda. Arlene was the last to see Gina too, isn't that right?

going on about Colon:

Giannini is familiar with the Castro family because he interrogated Ariel Castro in 2005 about a child molestation case in which Castro accused another man, Fernando Colon, of sexually assaulting his daughters. Colon was later convicted of gross sexual imposition, and in light of the allegations now surrounding Castro, Giannini is hopeful Colon will eventually be exonerated. Giannini said “(Ariel Castro) is a just a sick, sick person, and at that time, I believed he was a child molester.”

When Giannini asked (Emily), “Did you know Gina and Amanda said you were in the car just before they were taken?” Castro responded, “It hurts so bad. I’m just saying that, that I feel used. I feel like I’m nothing to him; you know what I mean? I feel nothing anymore.”

http://fox8.com/2013/05/14/i-team-exclusive-recorded-interview-with-castros-daughter/

____

So Emily WAS the last person (other than Ariel) to see BOTH Gina and Amanda. Arlene was the last to see Gina too, isn't that right?

going on about Colon:

Giannini is familiar with the Castro family because he interrogated Ariel Castro in 2005 about a child molestation case in which Castro accused another man, Fernando Colon, of sexually assaulting his daughters. Colon was later convicted of gross sexual imposition, and in light of the allegations now surrounding Castro, Giannini is hopeful Colon will eventually be exonerated. Giannini said “(Ariel Castro) is a just a sick, sick person, and at that time, I believed he was a child molester.”

That's right they, with their father were last to see the girls alive. Yet I don't think they told the police that. I'm wondering how Castro got them to lie? I think Colon, was one the last to see Gina. I'm wondering if he told them not to tell about him as it was part of sending the police to harrass Colon.

Her (Figueroa, Castro's ex-wife) last complaint against Castro, a 2005 request to the court for an "order of protection," could have been a missed opportunity to expose him, domestic abuse experts said. If he had violated the order he could have been investigated by police and possibly arrested. That could have been an opportunity to find the women he allegedly held captive, or it could have made things worse if they had been abandoned without him and unable to leave the house.

Figueroa also filed a police report in 2005 saying Castro had threatened to "beat your *advertiser censored*" in front of their daughter, according to the report.

A spokeswoman for Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said that police told Figueroa that year to go to the county prosecutor's office and file a criminal complaint but she did not.

Instead, Figueroa sought a civil order of protection in county court. In Ohio, a victim can get a civil order without criminal charges because they believe this will be less upsetting to the offender, said Anne Murray, director of the domestic violence and stalking unit for the city of Columbus, which is 140 miles from Cleveland.

Figueroa eventually dropped even that request for a protection order and so the court case was dismissed.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...cases-never-snared-accused-cleveland-abductor

That's right they, with their father were last to see the girls alive. Yet I don't think they told the police that. I'm wondering how Castro got them to lie? I think Colon, was one the last to see Gina. I'm wondering if he told them not to tell about him as it was part of sending the police to harrass Colon.

He did shower both Emily and Arlene with gifts so they would be witnesses against Colon. I'm sure he used gifts to make them say or keep quiet about anything.

I am pretty sure reporter was wrong on Emily being in the car prior to Gina getting kidnapped. The one who was last to see Gina was other Castro's daughter Arlene, not Emily.

I am pretty sure reporter was wrong on Emily being in the car prior to Gina getting kidnapped. The one who was last to see Gina was other Castro's daughter Arlene, not Emily.

Chris Giannini is not a reporter, he is a former police officer and owner of International Investigations, a private investigations company.

Unfortunately I think Emily and Arlene have lied to police, which inadvertently protected their father from suspicion. He is obviously a master manipulator. I hope they both have good people with them to get through this. That's gonna mess you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne