Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Castro loves daughter, will plead 'not guilty'
7:54 PM, May 14, 2013

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/299605/489/Investigator-Castro-loves-daughter-will-plead-not-guilty

When asked how the three women ended up in Castro's home, Weintraub said: "That fact will be disclosed as the case progresses. I am aware of how he came into contact with them."

Gosh this sounds just like Jose Baez! Will those lawyers try to blame it on others??? I can't see where it would work in a case like this where the victims survived to testify against him. Plus from what we have heard from his family I don't think any of them is willing to lie for him.

No television, no radio, no newspaper for him? Sitting in a cell all by himself? Sounds perfect to me.
:floorlaugh:

Seymour Avenue: A 'destination' for all the wrong reasons
7:53 PM, May 14, 2013

The home at 2207 where Ariel Castro allegedly held his victims for the last decade, is getting a lot of traffic.
A tall fence and on-duty officer keep the curious and the mischievous out, and any evidence that the court might later need in.
Ian Friedman, an Ohio legal analyst, says an indictment itself could take one to two months.

On average, it could be six to nine months before trial.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/299607/489/Seymour-Avenue-A-destination-for-all-the-wrong-reasons

I don't think anything he's doing is an act. He's an animal and he acts like one.

I have no doubt he's an animal. but wouldn't there be more people saying he was a weirdo prior to this? How would be be able to maintain jobs previously? Either he's went off the edge completely now or he's a faker trying to get an easier way out.

I have no doubt he's an animal. but wouldn't there be more people saying he was a weirdo prior to this? How would be be able to maintain jobs previously? Either he's went off the edge completely now or he's a faker trying to get an easier way out.

His entire house was completely boarded up from the inside for the ten years that he lived there. His front door had multiple pad locks and he never used it, he only entered through the back door. Most of his family members (children and brothers) had been there and had never seen beyond his kitchen. Padlocks everywhere.

Sounds like a whole lot of dysfunction to me - all around!

Google map his house. Yes a poor neighborhood. Not a lot of completely shuttered houses there that were inhabited. Lots of people with front doors and windows open.

Oh and, no he didn't hold down his job, he was let go after several reprimands for misconduct on the job.

And, really, why is that LE didn't interview him? He was Arlene's father. She was the last one to see him. Her step-father pointed him out. In ten years, no one ever thought to interview him!???

WTHay?

The only report that has been released re. Michelle Knight's "police investigation" is that they basically called her mother's home oh-about-once a year. They hardly ever got an answer but they did phone. Really - every so often they did do that.

Barf.

moo

The only report that has been released re. Michelle Knight's "police investigation" is that they basically called her mother's home oh-about-once a year. They hardly ever got an answer but they did phone. Really - every so often they did do that.

Barf.

moo

Mostly they couldn't reach the mother, as I recall.

Thanks Spice, great post!!

I'm quite interested in my uncles case now. Him and his parents are long gone, his children are who knows where? It's such a fractured and disjointed family... I don't even remember my poor cousins names that witnessed the atrocity, well I do remember one, because unfortunately for him he has his fathers name, what an awful reminder...
I'm so fascinated by the minds of these people, I think it helps us to be aware of them in society if we try to understand them, if we know more about them. It reminds us of things we've seen and heard, things we know, but have long forgotten.

My dad was like that as well. Everyone became quiet when he entered the room. I never saw him physically violent. I think everyone was to scared of him to challenge him. I don't know what he would have done if someone did.

The downfall of what I bolded above is usually, you have to get close enough to someone to see this in them. Otherwise, they just appear to be normal human beings, when you cross their paths.

I have noticed myself lately paying more attention to the way others act and treat each other. Now, when I hear or see something that is abusive I can't keep my mouth shut. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors if people act that way in public as well. Who would ever know, or suspect that someone had three girls imprisoned in their house for a decade.

As for his family-does appear to be a lot of dysfunction. Ex-wife claimed he abused her. One of the daughters is in prison for attempting to kill her child.
Stepfather of the two daughters was accused of molestation, but claims he was framed. I tend to believe him.

I really don't think what he is doing is that odd. We need one of our correctional officers to give some insight here. They see so much crazy stuff, this would be nothing to them. They are used to all kinds of defiant behavior including throwing bodily fluids and many other gross things.

As for his family-does appear to be a lot of dysfunction. Ex-wife claimed he abused her. One of the daughters is in prison for attempting to kill her child.
Stepfather of the two daughters was accused of molestation, but claims he was framed. I tend to believe him.
The son (Ariel/Anthony) makes no bones about it and clearly states that he was abused. Emily, well she's in prison for trying to slash her infant daughter's throat. The two other girls (Arlene and Angel) seem to be clueless. Not sure where they fit in age-wise but they were certainly old enough to understand that their mother had been beaten/abused??? Weird chit for them too, even if they were younger and thereby only subjected to the SECOND abusive step-father???

moo

If the allegations against the stepfather are false, then I certainly hope that the daughters will come forward and tell the truth.

Can we all just put this into a little bit of perspective here just for a moment. The son claimed outright that his father was abusive. One of his three daughters is in jail for trying to kill her own daughter. So two are left. By all accounts both Arlene's and Angel's tv interviews come off as legitimate/normal. Now consider this. They both would occasionally visit their father at his home. A home that for the last ten years has been completely boarded off (all entrances and windows) from the INSIDE. They go to visit and do not get in through the front door that has multiple PAD LOCKS on it. They go around the back to a filthy backyard filled with garbage, barb wire rolls and multiple children's bikes and they go in...to the KITCHEN! They have dinner there but are NOT ALLOWED access to any other part of the house which happens to be PAD LOCKED as well?

Hmmm...

The girls sure did seem normal in their interviews but, they never thought that there was anything strange about their father?

This is very difficult to believe.

moo

ETA - Keep in mind that this is all AFTER their own mother filed legal proceedings against him for domestic violence, their own brother openly states that he was abused and their own sister is in jail for trying to slit her daughter's throat. Normal family? NOT.

moo again.

Yeah. I'm generally too jaded to be outraged by much of what I read about on WS, but this is ridiculous.

Mostly they couldn't reach the mother, as I recall.

All the more reason to find her/track her down. Did they try to "clear" the mother of any wrong doing? Wouldn't interviewing and keeping in touch with the immediate family have been at least a minimum?

jmo

I kind of can't believe the father of the best friend of one of the missing girls essentially lived in a boarded up dungeon (looking at exterior photos), smack in the middle of the neighborhood, and no one ever connected the dots.

Agreed.

Both houses beside Castro's were abandoned and boarded up. The entire neighborhood is really depressed. I'm thinking that is why his may have not stood out too much. Add to that his sneaky habit of only entering and leaving through the back door. I remember neighbors saying in earlier reports that they didn't even think he lived there, that they thought he just kept it as an investment and came and checked on it often.

Also, many neighbors stated that they did not "trust" the police at all, which is so common in crime ridden low income areas, making it likely that they would be hesitant to go to them unless they absolutely had too.

Everyone just seemed to fall into the "mind your business" category.

So so so sad.

FBI just boarded up Castro's house yesterday to preserve evidence and stop tresspassers. If you look at news coverage from last week, his house was messy but not boarded up.

Can we all just put this into a little bit of perspective here just for a moment. The son claimed outright that his father was abusive. One of his three daughters is in jail for trying to kill her own daughter. So two are left. By all accounts both Arlene's and Angel's tv interviews come off as legitimate/normal. Now consider this. They both would occasionally visit their father at his home. A home that for the last ten years has been completely boarded off (all entrances and windows) from the INSIDE. They go to visit and do not get in through the front door that has multiple PAD LOCKS on it. They go around the back to a filthy backyard filled with garbage, barb wire rolls and multiple children's bikes and they go in...to the KITCHEN! They have dinner there but are NOT ALLOWED access to any other part of the house which happens to be PAD LOCKED as well?

Hmmm...

The girls sure did seem normal in their interviews but, they never thought that there was anything strange about their father?

This is very difficult to believe.

moo

ETA - Keep in mind that this is all AFTER their own mother filed legal proceedings against him for domestic violence, their own brother openly states that he was abused and their own sister is in jail for trying to slit her daughter's throat. Normal family? NOT.

moo again.

It seems odd to us. You said it yourself - this is not a normal family. Assuming these two girls are the youngest of the four, they didn't spend their entire childhood in the same house, so weren't subjected to as much abuse as the two older siblings. Not that that excuses anything, but they would have at least seen their mother leave him. Not that their step father was a saint, but clearly not as sadistic as Ariel. Anyway, my point is that they weren't exposed to him on a daily basis, so it would be easier to dismiss his odd behavior. And it didn't sound like the entire first floor was closed off. He just didn't want anyone in there (I could be wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back