Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt they would put him in GP. I have to admit if they did, it would be interesting to watch. I doubt he would last a day. This is one of those cases that even before trial there is no doubt about guilt. What the heck is the appropriate punishment for someone that kidnaps multiple girls and imprisons them for decades? LWOP is the only answer.

Some obvious misinformation in that report. All of them were kept on the second floor. Thats were the police found them. Do these reporters do any research on the story before they post this BS?:facepalm:

I've read multiple articles that said that Gina and Michelle were kept on the 2nd floor. But that Amanda was kept on the first floor. I think I read where that began after the baby was born. Which makes sense, once the baby began to be mobile, he would need to leave Amanda loose to care for the baby. And the baby would need someplace to move around.

Castro was first put on suicide watch in the city jail (His first three days in custody). A key was seized from his personal belongings as evidence. Castro has been asked for media interviews, but reportedly he is refusing.
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...suspect-ariel-castro-quickly-on-suicide-watch

BBM

I personally never understand why watch someone like that, let him commit suicide. Who cares.
He is guilty - save everyone the anguish and money .

Give the money for school supplies, not housing the scum of the earth....let him kill himself....
Put him in general pop WHO CARES about him.

YES it is JUSTICE... but the reporters do not report any news anymore they are sensed, so they need Media Hype and sensationalism, to distract us all.

Let the 3 angels heal and do well.

Ariel Castro is expected to undergo a psychiatric evaluation this week, and could be moved off the mental health floor of the Cuyahoga County jail depending on the results.

The warden describes Castro as a polite prisoner who has not caused any problems.

He appears to care about his personal hygine, as records show he showers and brushes his teeth regularly.

He has also asked guards for cleaning supplies and a brush to sanitize his cell and toilet.

A nearby inmate was removed from the area when he tried to provoke Castro by claiming to be the father of Michelle Knight.

Castro is allowed to talk with his two attorneys, Craig Weintraub and Jaye Schlachet, during reasonable hours. He has asked to make phone calls to them on several occasions.

"Check the docket," said Weintraub, when asked how's the case developing during a chance encounter on Cleveland's Public Square.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/382830/28/Jailhouse-logs-detail-Ariel-Castros-hygiene-nudity

I've read multiple articles that said that Gina and Michelle were kept on the 2nd floor. But that Amanda was kept on the first floor. I think I read where that began after the baby was born. Which makes sense, once the baby began to be mobile, he would need to leave Amanda loose to care for the baby. And the baby would need someplace to move around.

I have read them as well. based on that you are RIGHT ON....

But to tell you the truth I know how wrong Media will get a story.
I live in a building where there is a story reported on Nationally and International.. and the Media did not get very much right. THEY RACE TO HAVE A STORY it does not matter to them if it is right ONLY that they be first out with it. IT has taught me a lot about how they are.
MEDIA REPORTED ---- means NOTHING at all.....

Ariel Castro is expected to undergo a psychiatric evaluation this week, and could be moved off the mental health floor of the Cuyahoga County jail depending on the results.

The warden describes Castro as a polite prisoner who has not caused any problems.

He appears to care about his personal hygine, as records show he showers and brushes his teeth regularly.

He has also asked guards for cleaning supplies and a brush to sanitize his cell and toilet.

A nearby inmate was removed from the area when he tried to provoke Castro by claiming to be the father of Michelle Knight.

Castro is allowed to talk with his two attorneys, Craig Weintraub and Jaye Schlachet, during reasonable hours. He has asked to make phone calls to them on several occasions.

"Check the docket," said Weintraub, when asked how's the case developing during a chance encounter on Cleveland's Public Square.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/382830/28/Jailhouse-logs-detail-Ariel-Castros-hygiene-nudity

The fact that he is attending to his hygiene and cleaning his cell will give points to him being released from suicide watch. I'm actually surprised they kept him in there this long.

The question will be, what will they do with him now. According to that article they have already had a problem with a fellow prisoner taunting him by saying that he (the fellow prisoner) was Michelle Knight's father. So putting him in general pop will be a problem for the jail. I would like to see it, but I know if they did it will cause problems for the jail.

So I am thinking they may actually keep him in isolation. But he would probably be allowed more personal items.

I think that is highly unlikely. Since there are numerous reports that Castro entertained guests on the first floor, and that was where he kept all his music equipment. The bedrooms and the only bathroom were upstairs.

I believe that only Amanda Berry's daughter was allowed downstairs.

It was an afternoon ritual for Ricky Sanchez and Ariel Castro, fellow bass guitar enthusiasts and regulars with Latin bands on the music scene of northern Ohio. The two men would play salsa in Castro’s ramshackle home amid the perpetual mess of a living room where the windows were boarded up, the semi-darkness illuminated by the glow of a large plasma television screen.

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were initially held captive in a basement converted into a sound-proofed torture chamber equipped with chains and ropes. In recent years, when Castro apparently believed the women were so terrified that his control was complete, he moved them into two bedrooms on the top floor.

How Ariel Castro’s friend came so close to discovering the three missing women

Since being rescued May 6 from a decade of captivity ... Gina DeJesus, Amanda Berry and Michelle Knight are enjoying the little things. Matt Zone, a Cleveland city councilman who has known DeJesus’ family since the day she went missing in 2004 at age 14, said DeJesus has been able to take walks with friends and bond with the shih tzu-terrier puppy she lived with as a prisoner in Castro’s home.

“She definitely wants to get her driver’s license, (and) she's interested in maybe going back to school,’’ Zone told Kate Snow on TODAY Tuesday. “She wants to do the little, simple things, things that you and I take for granted. She wants to go see a dentist, she wants to maybe get her hair done and just do the things that young women do. I'm really happy for her.”

Lawyers for all three women say they are happy, safe and healing.

“Some of the survivors are currently looking at apartments and talking about, in one case, Amanda Berry's case: Where does she want to raise her child?’’ Tom Stevens of Cleveland Courage Fund said on TODAY. “So they are moving on with their lives, which is what everybody wants for them.”

http://www.today.com/news/cleveland-kidnapping-victims-return-little-simple-things-6C10189122

Survivors of Abduction Act

On Tuesday June 4th, State Representative John Barnes (District 12) is introducing legislation that would provide financial, educational, and medical help for kidnapping survivors Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight.

The "Survivors of Abduction Act" would provide $25,000 a year to each of the three women for 10 years (the lenghth of time they were captives). The measure would also provide free education to any state university and free health care for life.

The act would also provide help for victims of violent crimes, funded by criminal fines.

The Survivors of Abduction Act would only apply to victims held captive for eight years or more, and would be funded by tax dollars.

Read more: http://www.wmji.com/articles/wtam--...vors-of-abduction-act-11350261/#ixzz2VFq8Y2Js

Since being rescued May 6 from a decade of captivity ... Gina DeJesus, Amanda Berry and Michelle Knight are enjoying the little things. Matt Zone, a Cleveland city councilman who has known DeJesus’ family since the day she went missing in 2004 at age 14, said DeJesus has been able to take walks with friends and bond with the shih tzu-terrier puppy she lived with as a prisoner in Castro’s home.

“She definitely wants to get her driver’s license, (and) she's interested in maybe going back to school,’’ Zone told Kate Snow on TODAY Tuesday. “She wants to do the little, simple things, things that you and I take for granted. She wants to go see a dentist, she wants to maybe get her hair done and just do the things that young women do. I'm really happy for her.”

Lawyers for all three women say they are happy, safe and healing.

“Some of the survivors are currently looking at apartments and talking about, in one case, Amanda Berry's case: Where does she want to raise her child?’’ Tom Stevens of Cleveland Courage Fund said on TODAY. “So they are moving on with their lives, which is what everybody wants for them.”

http://www.today.com/news/cleveland-kidnapping-victims-return-little-simple-things-6C10189122

So good to hear they are doing well. I hope that people are being kind to them and letting them get out without pointing and staring. I hope they are getting any care and counseling that they need and that all three have supportive people around them.

He didn't mention the little girl much, but I hope she has found other children to play with and is learning to make friends.

Survivors of Abduction Act

On Tuesday June 4th, State Representative John Barnes (District 12) is introducing legislation that would provide financial, educational, and medical help for kidnapping survivors Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight.

The "Survivors of Abduction Act" would provide $25,000 a year to each of the three women for 10 years (the lenghth of time they were captives). The measure would also provide free education to any state university and free health care for life.

The act would also provide help for victims of violent crimes, funded by criminal fines.

The Survivors of Abduction Act would only apply to victims held captive for eight years or more, and would be funded by tax dollars.

Read more: http://www.wmji.com/articles/wtam--...vors-of-abduction-act-11350261/#ixzz2VFq8Y2Js

I do hope that passes. It isn't that often that a person held that long is recovered.

Castro Removed From ‘Suicide Precaution’

http://fox8.com/2013/06/04/ariel-castro-removed-from-suicide-precaution/

Meanwhile, testing began last weekend on evidence taken from his Seymour Avenue home. It will be tested at the Ohio Attorney General’s lab in Richfield, and the results will be turned over to the Cleveland Police Department.
Some items that were taken from the home include a letter written by Castro along with ropes and chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668