Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a home to be demolished and condemned, it's usually been in the works for some time. I wondered about staging this incident in a house scheduled for demo.

I don't think I have it in me to respond to the rest of your post, but as far as your comment that I quoted above goes: Kidnapping, torturing, and raping three girls for a decade will get you a speedy demolition. Moreover, Ariel Castro signed over the deed to his house as part of his plea bargain (*sniff sniff*).

"Prosecutors say Castro cried when he signed over the house deed and mentioned his 'many happy memories' there with the women" - WJW

ANYWAY, onto what will hopefully be news to at least some of you:
Article:
- Amanda Berry 911 call dispatcher investigation to be complete in 2 to 3 weeks - WEWS

Videos:
- Amanda's grandmother doesn't forgive Castro
- Castro's son, Anthony, at the demolition

In case anyone didn't make it through the hours and hours of the sentencing process, check out my video channel to view highlights. Separate videos of each of the 8 witnesses can be found here.

I see. Well, I have done reading on this case.
I read that the rescuer kicked out the bottom of a screen door.
Nothing about some 90 feet of chain. No duct tape. I read about these women
being well fed and clothed. No permanent scarring from manacles and chains or psyches, apparently.

I read where AB ran out carrying a baby. What happened to that story? Later, her child is six years old. I read that neighbors saw them naked in the back yard on dog collars being guarded by 3 men. I guess that' when the story was going to be when all
three brothers were going to be charged. Later, the other two are not involved.

Here's the problem, I have with obvious inconsistencies to the stories, making it difficult to glean fact from fiction.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanhol...ia-manipulation-a-definition-and-explanation/

It's been known since OJ that the public has an interest in real life cases.
But, from OJ to Trayvon Martin, each has been fraught with media manipulations
to shape public opinion, distract from some other, political usually, story.

My sig on my posts regards Benjamin Franklin's own cautions of yellow journalism, when HE owned the presses. I try to get people to at least be aware of how the media works, in these type of high profile cases.

If you want to pretend the media is giving you the straight scoop akin to The Gospels, that is your prerogative, I guess.

I'm afraid I've never heard of a plea bargain involving the signing over of a deed.
How convenient. Well, my search of property records and who lived on the street skipped all the homes on the block for some reason.

It might be a good idea to start your "investigations" into cases with the reports themselves and not just jump on the popular "group think" bandwagon.
It may be 100% straight truth on this case that's been reported.
Or not.

my smilie says
:abduction::trainwreck::Bennymonkey::couch:

and they also say

:sos:

pardon me I Fourth your wow I guess we are the WOW group?

I have been wondering what could be said. "wow" 'bout covers it perfectly. TY

In the early hours of any major case there are lots of inconsistent and conflicting stories. This is due to the imperfect nature of human memory, rumor, innuendo and embellishment, which, when combined with the instantaneous nature of social media-based "news" coverage, means that it can take a while before actual *fact-checked* information is available. We saw this with the Sandy Hook shootings. When rumors proceed straight to the Internet without any verification, we end up with misinformation that must be fixed later. (See: Adam Lanza carrying his brother's ID.) This is why old-school newspapers had research libraries/fact-checkers and copy editors.

If one assumes every early rumor is fact, and that any later correction of early rumor is a sign of a conspiracy theory, one will quickly get lost down the rabbit hole. Which personally doesn't sound like that much fun.

With Sandy Hook, I understand why some people are politically invested in believing in a conspiracy theory. With Ariel Castro, I still don't understand who would benefit from a fake story of this complexity. And no, I don't believe that just because it was a story with a high human-interest factor means it was manufactured to distract the public. Sometimes amazing things just happen.

Ariane, I agree 100%. I withhold judgement until information has been released through credible sources. In this case there were 3 very credible witnesses, thankfully alive. They were able to eliminate the brothers. I listened to the sentencing and used those facts.
They released the information on the house as part of the plea deal.

Either this guy is a troll, or just not firing on all cylinders. Of all cases, this is about the most cut and dried I have seen

Nothing about some 90 feet of chain.
:facepalm::sigh:You have done very, very little reading.
Castrohouse8_zpsb980a216.jpg
Castrohouse9_zps75ec4793.jpg

Castrohouse10chains_zps254cea65.jpg

I am pretty sure that being starved, and beaten until you miscarry wasn't a lot of fun either. Oh yeah, and when that didn't work, being thrown down the stairs. I am not sure what game you are playing, but it is despicable.

Nothing about some 90 feet of chain. No duct tape. I read about these women
being well fed and clothed. No permanent scarring from manacles and chains or psyches, apparently.

[Evidently in your vast reading you missed where they found a letter dated 2002 from AC in which he expressed remorse for the kidnapping and his treatment of the girls? And perhaps you missed the words of AC himself in which he admitted kidnapped the girls. Of course he more or less said it was their fault, but he admitted it nevertheless. And maybe you missed where they found ongoing diaries all three of the girls where they discussed what was happening to them at the hands of AC. Thankfully the diaries weren't in the media but they were discussed in court. IIRC I believe the chains were also discussed in court. Oh and your last statement about the girls 'psyche'? LOL that reminds me of AC's statement in court (I heard it coming from his mouth, not in the media) suggests that if the girls are able to get out and about then they evidently weren't harmed. First we only see their public faces, we don't know how much pain they are hiding inside or the scars they are managing to cover. Second their getting out and about is more indicative of their ability to recover than it is a measure of their harm. Well fed? Well if you don't trust the doctors who made statements that they were malnourished, then maybe it would be helpful to you to compare the pic of AB in the hospital to the ones of her more recently. ]

I read where AB ran out carrying a baby. What happened to that story? Later, her child is six years old. I read that neighbors saw them naked in the back yard on dog collars being guarded by 3 men. I guess that' when the story was going to be when all
three brothers were going to be charged. Later, the other two are not involved.

[LOL at her carrying a baby vs. a 6 year old. Perhaps the witness who talked about her carrying the baby is like me. At my vast age (I am over age 6) I call 6 year old babies (Of course I call some 19 year olds babies.) About the two brothers being arrested, I think one was arrested for charges unrelated to the girls. They were both questioned though then released when evidence indicated that they were not involved. In defense of the media though the bros did get on media and discuss the events so they really did happen.]

Here's the problem, I have with obvious inconsistencies to the stories, making it difficult to glean fact from fiction.

[Most stories rely on witness statements and it is a documented fact that witness stories don't always match and sometimes even contradict each other. That explains why sometimes the early reports differ from later ones after the evidence has been analysed.]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanhol...ia-manipulation-a-definition-and-explanation/

It's been known since OJ that the public has an interest in real life cases.
But, from OJ to Trayvon Martin, each has been fraught with media manipulations
to shape public opinion, distract from some other, political usually, story.

My sig on my posts regards Benjamin Franklin's own cautions of yellow journalism, when HE owned the presses. I try to get people to at least be aware of how the media works, in these type of high profile cases.

If you want to pretend the media is giving you the straight scoop akin to The Gospels, that is your prerogative, I guess.
[I believe most of us on here have seen times when media got parts of it wrong. Of course most of us have seen times when LE got it wrong too. Should we just assume that all of it was wrong and let AC out of prison?]

I'm afraid I've never heard of a plea bargain involving the signing over of a deed.
How convenient. Well, my search of property records and who lived on the street skipped all the homes on the block for some reason.

[In your knowledge of the law do you know where signing the deed over is prohibited? What is important is he signed it (allegedly). ]

It might be a good idea to start your "investigations" into cases with the reports themselves and not just jump on the popular "group think" bandwagon.
It may be 100% straight truth on this case that's been reported.
Or not. [Sure I would be glad to. Unfortunately LE has this pesky little rule that says if you are not LE and not involved in the investigation you don't have access to the investigative reports. But that brings up the point though, even those reports can be wrong since they contain witness statements and witness statements have been known to contradict each other.]

LOL I am not real sure what you are getting at in your post? Do you believe the girls were kidnapped? Do you believe the girls were raped and tortured? Do you believe the girls were rescued? Do you believe the child was born?

Perp already plead guilty, for crying out loud. Why is someone still trying to argue otherwise? The mind boggles.

:banghead::waitasec::sick::maddening::hills:

a certain poster makes me do all that....:scared::banghead:

Nothing about some 90 feet of chain. No duct tape.
1) :seeya: Sign me up for the wow group too, please!
2) REGARDING THE CHAINS: There was MORE than 99 feet, weighing 92.28 lbs.

VIDEO - BCI agent Josh Barr describes the length and weight of the chains
VIDEO - FBI Special Agent Andrew Burke describes what the courtroom sees in the video of the FBI's photos inside Ariel Castro's house

3) REGARDING THE DUCT TAPE:
According to count 102 (to which Castro PLEADED GUILTY), Castro tied Amanda Berry's wrists and legs with tape during the first sexual assault. Similarly, Castro pleaded guilty to count 308 for restraining Gina DeJesus using duct tape. Read the indictment HERE

I read about these women
being well fed and clothed.
YOU READ that the women were well-fed? Well, as you wrote above "if you want to pretend the media is giving you the straight scoop akin to The Gospels, that is your prerogative, I guess." ONE MEAL A DAY IS NOT WELL-FED.

No permanent scarring from manacles and chains or psyches, apparently.
How the F could you POSSIBLY know what scarring these women have?

Houndstooth, I am not even sure what you are asking, and have you read credible sources or watched the hearing? Are you trying to say this is a conspiracy?
This was a very sick thing that preyed on very young women. Apparently, you didn't see the 90+ feet of chain he used to lock the girls up. (This pretty much suggests to me, there wasn't a lot of freedom of the house). If you can't tell from the chains, how about the locks on the doors or alarms on the doors. Quite often their mouths were duct taped if he left. Also, he had tricked them before by leaving doors unlocked as a test, if they opened them he wad beat them. After this happening once or twice, most people would be afraid to even try.
Also my daughter pierced her navel 15 years ago, and friends of hers had pierced their eyebrows, so it wasn't such an oddity.
The only troubling thing about this story I found, was that he wasn't arrested for essentially doing the same thing to his wife. Perhaps if they would have treated him like the sleazy thing he was, he would never had taken these women

I just wanted to say thanks for helping me to calm down before I totally lost it. Thank you.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but has anyone else noticed that all 3 women now have an eyebrow piercing? As far as I know, only Amanda had it before being kidnapped. it seems like a way to visibly link them...I think it's pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne