Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar crimes? Then he really would be in solitary confinement, as he's in a class all by himself.

I was talking about other sex offenders. There are probably more then a few other kidnaper rapists in that prison who could be cellmates with Castro.

Again if it was up to me I would keep him in solitary confinement. But that's just me. For some reason the consensus seems to be that prisoners must be allowed to socialize with other prisoners. I don't get it though.

Am I the only one who thinks Castro thinks he's going to win an appeal? I think HE thinks it's not over yet and he is going to win something.
I can't wait till he faces reality if he ever does. I suspect he will face fear and consequences in prison but it won't be his fault, he thinks its theirs.

Criminals always think they'll win an appeal. Castro doesn't understand that a guilty plea can't be appealed.

David In TN

I was talking about other sex offenders. There are probably more then a few other kidnaper rapists in that prison who could be cellmates with Castro.

Again if it was up to me I would keep him in solitary confinement. But that's just me. For some reason the consensus seems to be that prisoners must be allowed to socialize with other prisoners. I don't get it though.

Angelo Buono, one of the Hillside Stranglers, died alone in his cell. Buono was afraid to come out in the yard with the other prisoners.

David In TN

Don't think this has been posted yet. Gina attended the Puerto Rican parade.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...pearance-at-puerto-rican-parade-in-cleveland/

Great! So glad to hear that she has gotten out. Hopefully she will continue to do it. Because the more she gets out the easier it will get.

Such a perfect way to do it too! Everybody got a look without it seeming like anyone was staring at her.

All three have gotten out and about so quickly. So good to see them happy.

Take that with a big dose of castor oil AC, and like it!

You're welcome :) The most difficult part was not correcting Ariel Castro's grammar! :banghead:
For me, the most difficult part was accepting/respecting that a speedy trial was his constitutional right- less than 3 mos. after his arrest! That the victims understandably did not want to be put on the stand. That enough horrible details of his crimes have come out and these young women do not need any more salacious stories put out by the media. I think Michelle did an incredible job with her statement, esp. with forgiveness, which imo he will never deserve. But I just couldn't help feeling that he got off easy in that courtroom. I was expecting not the victims but the judge to tell him what a disgusting, lying excuse for a human being he is before he left (fled) the courtroom. Many sentencings end with the judge giving his observations/opinions before sentencing, and I just didn't see that; maybe that is because he pled out? The victims have had no real time to process the years of abuse and terror and I worry about what could happen to them emotionally when the real anger sets in. I hope they all stick with their therapy for years, as they come to grips with everything this took from them. Driving licenses, proms, first jobs, boyfriends, dates, church, friends, trips, school, family memories, mistakes, life lessons, even young heartbreak- all that is so essential to growing up and becoming who you are at your core. I hate that AC was allowed to say whatever he wanted! He got his deal, why was he allowed to talk about the supposed previous sexual partners these girls had? Why was he allowed to go on and on? I had serious fantasies of someone(s) in that courtroom attacking him, or as we say in the South, "stomping his *ss"! And I know that wouldn't be acceptable and that the dignity of the victims and their statements was the best, the truly best way to confront him, as it 'dismissed' him from their lives. I can only hope that he eventually gets the 'Jeffrey Dahmer' exit from prison, and I know that's not Christian, but I want this man to suffer and hope he does.

CLEVELAND — A house used to hold three young Cleveland women captive for a decade was destroyed Wednesday.
By tearing down Ariel Castro’s home, it’s one less reminder of the pain and abuse that went on for so long.
Removing it will also clear a spot for a positive asset in the community, such as a garden.
How the land will be used will be determined by the survivors and neighbors in time.
Michelle Knight, one of the survivors, returned to the neighborhood to pass out yellow balloons.

http://fox8.com/2013/08/07/castros-home-to-be-destroyed-wednesday/

CLEVELAND — A house used to hold three young Cleveland women captive for a decade was destroyed Wednesday.
By tearing down Ariel Castro’s home, it’s one less reminder of the pain and abuse that went on for so long.
Removing it will also clear a spot for a positive asset in the community, such as a garden.
How the land will be used will be determined by the survivors and neighbors in time.
Michelle Knight, one of the survivors, returned to the neighborhood to pass out yellow balloons.

http://fox8.com/2013/08/07/castros-home-to-be-destroyed-wednesday/

Video:

http://fox8.com/live-stream-b/

Watching HLN Michelle was at the demolishing and said something along the lines to all parents to never give up hope on their missing loved ones.

Also, google has blurred the image of the house of horrors.

I do not think Michelle will ever be forgotten again, I just hope she surrounds herself with people that have her best interests at heart.

I loved watching that house get knocked down!

I remember googling the house when the news of their discovery came out. I looked at all the houses on that street and was shocked to see how normal it looked. I hope it gets made into something nice

Michelle helped demolish the house. CNN just reported it, don't have a link. She helped with the first claw. When she was done the reporter asked her how it felt and she said it felt great but then burst into tears...

Michelle helped demolish the house. CNN just reported it, don't have a link. She helped with the first claw. When she was done the reporter asked her how it felt and she said it felt great but then burst into tears...

I think that was mis-reported--it was Gina's aunt who helped with the demolition/first claw and burst into tears.

The girls were offered the 22,000 that was found in ariel castro's washing machine, and they said no, give it to the neighborhood where they were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne