Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good point he might've heard it on the radio.

Just jumping off your post...

Also if you look on YouTube for Amanda's name and "Roverfest" there are some good videos, most of which don't involve the somewhat icky touching/groping. She's hugging her sister in most of them. I think she was just out and having fun, and the guy behind her in the one clip was probably having a little too much fun, but I don't think he intends or intended to hurt her. She looks so good and so happy in all of the clips. AC probably HATED hearing about it, even if he didn't see the videos.

I was just reading the story behind that.

Shane French, who uses the Rover tag for morning drive-time show, said he had mentioned on-air in the weeks leading up to RoverFest that the three women should go to the show to enjoy themselves. About 6 p.m. Saturday, three security guards told him that Berry was at the show.

"I was as surprised as anyone,'' he said.

He said he asked a family member if Berry would want to go on stage. The cousin, however, said no. He asked Berry if it would be OK to tell the crowd that she was there.

"She asked me, 'If I go out there, will you if you go with me?' I said, 'Sure. We can bring your family and friends, too,' '' he said.

French said Berry was soft-spoken and reserved backstage. She was friendly and polite.

"She never made a request,'' he said.

Berry, wearing dark glasses, a blue T-shirt and jeans, had a huge smile and waved to the crowd. Her family and friends had listened to French's show and had boasted to her about past concerts.

"She looked happy,'' said her attorney James Wooley. "She went to a concert. That's it. People are asking me if she is breaking her reclusiveness. There's nothing to it. She's happy. She had a huge smile. And I loved seeing it.''

Amanda Berry makes a splash at RoverFest, surprising even the DJ who invited her

Has AC been shipped off yet? Since he has been convicted there is no reason to hold him in the county jail.

Cleveland has also arrested a serial killer, Michael Madison. I posted on his thread and I will also post here that I hope the two were never allowed to make contact.

(Madison looked up to Sowell, another Cleveland serial killer.)

Maybe no one could stand to listen to him long enough to do a transcript?

I didn't find a court transcript yet, but did find this good and detailed article: http://normantranscript.com/headlines/x1996084256/Ariel-Castro-pleads-guilty

Well, I couldn't stand to listening to him for long. Thats for sure.:facepalm: But there was a court reporter there to transcribe the entire hearing. So there must be an official transcript available somewhere. Maybe you would have to get it directly from the court.

Has AC been shipped off yet? Since he has been convicted there is no reason to hold him in the county jail.

The reports are that when he left the court house, he was transported directly to the Lorain Correctional Institution in Grafton, Ohio.

Got goosebumps reading this and what bravery to go back to the neighborhood!

Michelle Knight visits Seymour Avenue, thanks neighbors:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...t-visits-seymour-avenue-thanks-neighbors?lite

From link above!

A spokeswoman for Ohio's prisons department said Castro won't join the prison's general population because of his high-profile case and for his own protection. Castro will undergo medical and mental health evaluations upon arriving in prison.

That's too bad! He deserves to be in general population!

From link above!

A spokeswoman for Ohio's prisons department said Castro won't join the prison's general population because of his high-profile case and for his own protection. Castro will undergo medical and mental health evaluations upon arriving in prison.

That's too bad! He deserves to be in general population!

Agreed. What I heard on CNN was that he would not be in general pop "for a while" since his case is so well known. But sounds like he will be moved in with general pop later on after the case is not so well publicized. I don't know if not talking to anyone ever and always being along or fearing for your life and constantly having to be aware of your surroundings is worse. I'm glad he'll get to experience both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, solitary confinement, huh? That's the only possible thing that they can do, considering what he has done & how prisoners seem to know about these high-profile perps before they even arrive. I'd love to see him put in gen-pop for about 2 weeks...

Solitary -- I'll bet his three prisoners could tell him a bit about that -- at least he won't be chained to a link on the floor, nor raped every other day (or however often), and he will get regular meals (prolly not the best, and that's really a pity -- and they won't let him drive to McD's to get a double bacon cheeseburger, fries & a coke...), he'll get regular bath time, prolly a TV with limited stations, lights out at (what?) 10:00pm; wake-up prolly at 5:00am, he can get mail and visitors, and on & on -- so much more that his prisoners got.... He's a lucky guy, IMO.
icon6.gif

Agreed. What I heard on CNN was that he would not be in general pop "for a while" since his case is so well known. But sounds like he will be moved in with general pop later on after the case is not so well publicized. I don't know if not talking to anyone ever and always being along or fearing for your life and constantly having to be aware of your surroundings is worse. I'm glad he'll get to experience both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever had something you had to do that you really really didn't want to do? Maybe something scary? The tension builds. You think about it, even when you don't want to. (And he won't have much to take his mind off of it.) You dread it more and more. You fear it more and more. LOL it really preys on your mind.

This is what I think of when I think of AC in solitary. He knows eventually he will end up in Gen. Pop. And since I don't think he is wrapped really tight anyway, it will drive him crazy.

I didn't think they ever put people like Castro in general population. (unfortunately) I would like to hear more on this subject. I'm sure he will be continuously verbally harassed and threatened even if he is in solitary. I don't think that solitary is even foolproof from someone causing him harm. There will be a lot of big scary guys that will give him a taste of his own medicine.

Regardless, he will still be treated better than he treated the girls.

Maybe I've been watching too much television, but I suspect the guards will be well aware of who he, is and will be happy to point out to him that he's the prisoner now. For the rest of his life. Even without gen pop, no one is going to let him forget.

I didn't think they ever put people like Castro in general population. (unfortunately) I would like to hear more on this subject. I'm sure he will be continuously verbally harassed and threatened even if he is in solitary. I don't think that solitary is even foolproof from someone causing him harm. There will be a lot of big scary guys that will give him a taste of his own medicine.

Serial killer Jeffery Dahmer was in the general prison population when he was murdered by another inmate. I think they would house Castro with other sex offenders who have been convicted of similar crimes, and who would be of limited threat to him.

Personally I think all prisoners should be held in solitaire confinement, except for those who are in work and rehabilitation programs. And any prisoner who is serving a life sentence without parole, shouldn't be in those programs anyway. Because trying to rehabilitate someone who will probably never be released from prison, is kind of pointless.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to have criminals interacting with other criminals in prisons. It's seems to me to be counterproductive, and nothing but a security risk.

Serial killer Jeffery Dahmer was in the general prison population when he was murdered by another inmate. I think they would house Castro with other sex offenders who have been convicted of similar crimes, and who would be of limited threat to him.

Personally I think all prisoners should be held in solitaire confinement, except for those who are in work and rehabilitation programs. And any prisoner who is serving a life sentence without parole, shouldn't be in those programs anyway. Because trying to rehabilitate someone who will probably never be released from prison, is kind of pointless.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to have criminals interacting with other criminals in prisons. It's seems to me to be counterproductive, and nothing but a security risk.

Similar crimes? Then he really would be in solitary confinement, as he's in a class all by himself.

Michelle just visited with Andrew Zimmern. It looks like she is making up for those 11 years

Does anyone know if there is a transcript of AC's "statement" to the Judge? I've listened to it twice and it's really hard to hear him and he babbles and I would like to read along with it when I watch it again. I googled "Ariel Castro Transcription of Sentencing Statement" - I'm not much of a sleuth, but I only found articles about the sentencing, etc... Any help to a transcription of AC's comments in court the day of sentencing would be greatly appreciated, and TIA!!

I turned the volume up on my TV and transcribed it for you, SieSie.

TRANSCRIPT OF CASTRO'S "APOLOGY"

Thank you sooooo very much, ckia! That must've been difficult, I appreciate it and I'm sure others will, as well. Off to read it now, thanks again! :seeya:

You're welcome :) The most difficult part was not correcting Ariel Castro's grammar! :banghead:

edit: ahh, sorry for the double post. please delete this, moderators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne