Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks Castro thinks he's going to win an appeal? I think HE thinks it's not over yet and he is going to win something.
I can't wait till he faces reality if he ever does. I suspect he will face fear and consequences in prison but it won't be his fault, he thinks its theirs.

Didn't he agree to give up all appeals by pleading guilty?

It was a nice speech, but it obviously had zero effect on Castro. He was probably actually flattered that she even attended his sentencing. She would have been better off just reading it to the news media, outside the court.

It also had no effect on his sentence. Which had already been agreed to by all parties, would be 1000 years.

I think calling Michelle's statement a "nice speech" really diminishes what it actually was: One of the most powerful survivor statements I have heard.

IMO, this "nice speech" was a vibrant testament of recovery, desperate hope and immense courage.

That is so sad. I feel for her and the child. I can only hope she will have another chance to get him back. But in my head I wonder if that is best for her at this point. This child is from a horrible event in her life, She just suffered another horrific event. One that is just not close to anything we can imagine. I can only hope that she is getting great counseling and will have support if she does regain custody.

I don't know how any of these girls are even standing. To make it through this horror and then have to see that monster rambling in court. I would have walked out.

I hope that is the last we have heard of him.

It's been many years. Likely the child doesn't remember her at all. Removing this child from whoever is raising him would be very traumatic for this child.

Just wanted to throw out a quick thank you to all the posters who gave a rough transcript of the sentencing hearing this afternoon!

I wasn't able to follow the actual hearing at work, but I was able to sneak a glance here and there at Websleuths to catch up on what was going on....

Thanks again!

It's been many years. Likely the child doesn't remember her at all. Removing this child from whoever is raising him would be very traumatic for this child.

The article says he is in foster care, That does not mean he has been with one person all this time..

I don't know. I think she has the right to fight for him. We have no idea what kind of life he has had now. OMO

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/michelle-knight-mother-barbara-knight-report_n_3237901.html

"However, at the age of 17, Michelle was assaulted at school, and her reports were not taken seriously. The teen became pregnant shortly thereafter and dropped out of school, though she planned to eventually return. The woman lost custody of her son, her mother said, after getting into a relationship with an abusive man who injured the boy."

She lost custody of the child before she was abducted by this monster.

She lost custody because of the MOTHERS boyfriend hurting the child, not the other way around.

Just want to clarify this as she doesn't need to come here and see misinformation....

That is so sad. I feel for her and the child. I can only hope she will have another chance to get him back. But in my head I wonder if that is best for her at this point. This child is from a horrible event in her life, She just suffered another horrific event. One that is just not close to anything we can imagine. I can only hope that she is getting great counseling and will have support if she does regain custody.

I don't know how any of these girls are even standing. To make it through this horror and then have to see that monster rambling in court. I would have walked out.

I hope that is the last we have heard of him.

The girls did walk out all but Michelle. Michelle wanted to sit through the whole thing.

IMO I think Michelle needs to be with the people she has been with for the past several months. I am only assuming that she may be with someone from Gina's family

Michelle's mother left the area that Michelle disappeared from to be with a man. Now to find out that Michelle's checks were being cashed while missing. I know that we haven't heard anything in regards to her mother cashing them, but I believe that her mother only thought of Michelle as being a check. I hope that I am wrong, but why would a mother leave the last known place her daughter was seen? And Michelle is very obviously distancing herself from her biological family.

As a side note I hope that Michelle gets to see her son again, because it was never her fault for him being taken away. Her son should at least know that his mom is still here, and that it was not her choice to not show up at the final court hearing.

As far as the monster, the Dejesus family said "May God have mercy on your soul." I say May you rot in hell for eternity!

Remember in previous hearings how AC would walk into the court room with his head down and his eyes closed? Yet today he walked into the courtroom looking around. He got to his table and stood looking around the room. I think he was looking for the girls (women)

And I keep marveling at how jealous he sounded when he talked about Amanda being out and about and having a good time.

I think he was already setting up the "addicted to *advertiser censored*" defense

Aw, the Ted Bundy defense of last resort. It will work as well for him as it did for Bundy.

I don't think he stands a snowballs chance in hell of getting an appeal. But I think it's pretty obvious from his last three court appearances, that he plans to seek visitation rights for the girl. That seems to be his goal now.

I think calling Michelle's statement a "nice speech" really diminishes what it actually was: One of the most powerful survivor statements I have heard.

IMO, this "nice speech" was a vibrant testament of recovery, desperate hope and immense courage.

I didn't mean to diminish her speech. I thought it was a good speech. I just think she was wasting it on Castro.

I agree. Especially since she had already lost custody of him, at the time she was kidnaped. But if the tabloid reports are correct, he is now 13-years-old and living in foster care, and Michelle’s one goal is to get him back, according to her brother.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyX_nxUxn60"]Ariel Castro Sentencing Hearing. Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4zXBU68JTw"]Ariel Castro Sentencing Hearing. Part 2. Life without parole plus 1000 years. - YouTube[/ame]

-------------
Hi, this morning I had Channel 8 on in Cleveland . I caught the tail end of they have already taken care of the custody side or are prepared to do so. C. will have no rights at all. He will never see her again, I take it the courts took care of this. I am sure IMO they will not give her his name either. It may well be Berry.
I want to thank everyone who posted! You're all great. I had to go to Dr. today and
was squeezed in so it took forever. I can find everything right here.:yourock:

In everything I've seen about her, her last name's been the same as Amanda's, and I've been so glad to see this. She might be better off with an entirely new name some day but at least she doesn't have to suffer with her "dad"s.

I absolutely did not mean to post anything misleading. The article I read apparently was unclear to me. It's wording was odd.

It sounds to me as if this girl has had a truly difficult life my heart breaks for her. I can only hope that she will get good support and help. That someone will finally step up for this girl and show her unconditional love and support.

I only want the best for her and the other girls.

Okay.. I found an article that made it more clear for people that may have been confused like me by that article.. and others..

"[Michelle] Knight became pregnant and decided to drop out of school. She dreamed of eventually completing her education to provide her son a better life. But Barbara Knight said that among her own greatest regrets was becoming involved with an abusive man, whom, she believes, injured her toddler grandson -- spurring a chain of events that led Michelle to lose custody of the child. She vanished not long afterward, on a day when she was scheduled for a court appearance in the custody case, Barbara Knight said."

Read more at: http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/05/michelle-knight-top-10-facts-you-need-to-know/

I agree. Especially since she had already lost custody of him, at the time she was kidnaped. But if the tabloid reports are correct, he is now 13-years-old and living in foster care, and Michelle’s one goal is to get him back, according to her brother.

I think the claims he is living in foster care is coming from Michelle's relatives. I don't know if they are the most reliable bunch.
If he hasn't been actually adopted, then hopefully she gets to at least see him.

It would but a very sensitive situation, balancing the best for her son with the desire of Michelle to get custody of her son. She is still recovering from her kidnapping, and as a mother who has raised 3 teenagers. 13 can be a very trying age. I do believe at the least, he should be told and visitations set up, he deserves to know that he was not just forgotten.Obviously she loves him, it is what brought her through this ordeal, but he is not 2 anymore...

It would but a very sensitive situation, balancing the best for her son with the desire of Michelle to get custody of her son. She is still recovering from her kidnapping, and as a mother who has raised 3 teenagers. 13 can be a very trying age. I do believe at the least, he should be told and visitations set up, he deserves to know that he was not just forgotten.Obviously she loves him, it is what brought her through this ordeal, but he is not 2 anymore...

Yeah but it is not her fault she missed all this time and the chance to stand up in court for her son.
I'm torn. I think that he would want to know she never left him and that she always wanted him.

I think now that the circumstances of his conception are out there that may make it even harder for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne