Amanda Knox Discussion-Friendly Thread

She retracted the accusation that very day, then again the next day. It's not her fault that the police and Mignini refused to listen to her. Don't forget that Lumumba being the killer was the police's theory - they believed it before they made Amanda sign the accusatory statements, as was clearly stated by police chief De Felice. They had a witness (falsely) state Lumumba's bar was closed earlier in the evening. They (falsely) claimed Lumumba had switched phones after the murder and lied about it. They (falsely) claimed Lumumba couldn't give a good explanation for why his bar's first receipt was stamped ca 22:30 if there were customers there earlier. And when a Swiss professor came to Perugia to give Lumumba an alibi, they got a "tip" that (falsely) said the professor was a criminal. Nothing of this came from Amanda - it was all the police's doing, and it's documented. When the depth of their error was evident, Amanda became a convenient scape goat.

On the contrary, she repeated her accusation and it is precisely on this that the court will now rule on.

I cannot see, sorry. Can you read all the Italian documents you linked?

Yes, but most of the pertinent info should be in the motivations report, which has been translated to English. It's a short read, but it shows a. just how weak the case was against them and b. that most of the evidence and accusations against Patrick didn't come from Amanda's signed statement.

On the contrary, she repeated her accusation and it is precisely on this that the court will now rule on.

Not at all. This is the first one, from the very same day. I suppose that if you take some sentences out of context and squint the retraction may not be immediately obvious. Not so for the second one from the next day, which is a clear refutation of her signed statements. If the court is sane, she will be acquitted. Amanda (and Raffaele) was the victim of atrocious police work. This is not the first or the last time incompetent police officers have pulled a false confession or accusation out of an innocent person, and I hope we can someday reach a point where we don't blame the victim for it.

Very detailed. It's almost as if you were there. JMO. Let's hope the truth comes out at this trial.

Thankfully the records are numerous and detailed enough that I don't have to have been there to know what happened. It's actually the same with the murder itself, going through everything it becomes extremely clear. And I do think the truth is out by now, this is just a formality (or possibly another completely nutty ruling from an Italian court, but I have faith).

From April. Hopefully this is OK to post here, if not, please move or delete.
Amanda Knox, a well-known advocate for criminal justice reform and women's rights, has officially joined the team at 365 Foundation Inc. as the head of the Crossing Fences Advisory Board. This partnership marks a significant milestone for both organizations in their shared mission to promote social justice and empower women.

Her chance was made possible when a European court ruled that Italy violated her human rights during a long night of questioning after the murder of her British roommate in November 2007.

The slander conviction for accusing a Congolese bar owner in the murder is the only charge against Knox that withstood five court rulings that ultimately cleared her in the brutal murder of her roommate, 21-year-old Meredith Kercher, in the apartment they shared in the idyllic central Italian university town of Perugia.

A verdict in the slander case retrial ordered by Italy's highest court is expected on Wednesday, with Knox appearing in an Italian court for the first time in more than 12 1/2 years.

The slander charge was largely based on two statements typed by police that Knox signed during the early hours of Nov. 6, 2007, under extended questioning in Italian from police without a lawyer or a competent translator. The European Court of Human Rights ruled that the conditions violated her human rights.

Knox returned to the United States in October 2011, after her first acquittal.

She is now the mother of two small children, and has a podcast with her husband while campaigning against wrongful convictions.

However, the slander conviction against Knox endured, a legal stain that continued to fuel doubts about her role in the killing, particularly in Italy — and despite the conviction of Rudy Hermann Guede, a man from Ivory Coast whose DNA was found at the crime scene.

Bar owner Patrick Lumumba hails court finding Amanda Knox guilty of slandering him again after she falsely claimed he killed Meredith Kercher​

Patrick Lumumba told DailyMail.com exclusively that the sentence was 'just and deserved.'

'I hail the court in Florence with much respect and honor for their professionalism. It is true we were friends with Amanda Knox, but you don't stab friends in the back and Amanda stabbed me. She stabbed me and did not apologize,' he continued.

PHOTO: Amanda Knox arrives with her husband Christopher Robinson (L) at the courthouse in Florence, on June 5, 2024. (Tiziana Fabi/AFP via Getty Images)

PHOTO: Amanda Knox arrives with her husband Christopher Robinson (L) at the courthouse in Florence, on June 5, 2024.

she is such a gaslighter. she is not unjustly accused, she slandered this man and she needs to own it. I don't care what went on in her interrogation. mOO
I agree she needs to get on with it but put yourself in her shoes as a young naive woman in a foreign country who trusted the police. If you can't do that you cannot care about her civil rights being violated. MOO

At that age I was groomed by my teacher and didn't even know it because I was raised to respect teachers.

With all respect, reconsider. Amanda is a victim too. She paid a price. To me all involved were victimized in some way.

A foreigner who isn't fluent in the language with no family in the country and accused of a brutal murder - needs and is entitled to have - an independent interpreter and legal assistance during police interrogation.

Knox was denied these basic things. Shameful.

2 Cents

I agree she needs to get on with it but put yourself in her shoes as a young naive woman in a foreign country who trusted the police. If you can't do that you cannot care about her civil rights being violated. MOO

At that age I was groomed by my teacher and didn't even know it because I was raised to respect teachers.

With all respect, reconsider. Amanda is a victim too. She paid a price. To me all involved were victimized in some way.

I have put myself in her shoes many times..I have imagined it in many languages too. Italy is not some third world country with little law , I disagree very much that she was so hysterical and unable to understand when she speaks Italian is there to speak Italian, can talk to a lawyer...can call her parents..can handle a misunderstanding and work through problems because she is not an idiot. But even when she has all this going for her she just throws in the towel and accuses her boss of murder? sorry but just no. I don't buy it. I know LE can be very intimidating and she was no doubt frightened , hungry etc..but her own behavior was so unhinged that all this is what took her to a jail sentence to begin with. I don't believe anyone hit her either. I don't believe her.
mOO

A foreigner who isn't fluent in the language with no family in the country and accused of a brutal murder - needs and is entitled to have - an independent interpreter and legal assistance during police interrogation.

Knox was denied these basic things. Shameful.

2 Cents
She is shameful and she is lucky it wasn’t US LE investigating because she would not be a free woman right now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohthatmakessense
Back