Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to add, it would be impossible to check every centimeter of a large area for DNA. So there might have been Knox DNA there and it was missed. Also, what was found on Knox's lamp found in Meredith's room? Wiped clean too?

yet RG's dna was found on MK's purse, on her sweatshirt, on her bra strap, in her body... so it seems like much area WAS tested disputing the above assertion...

can you cite a source that states the lamp was tested? i've never seen confirmation of this ad nauseum-ly repeated "fact"/"evidence"...

A million "thank you's" for posting this. I may not be "contributing" but I DO want to say that as a southern italian (living in Canada) I'm tired of the comments regarding Italy and its justice system. I don't believe America's justice is much better (Casey Anthony, et al.) just my two cents.

http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2011/10/25/opinion/doc4ea6f57bec14b019999064.txt

I've been doing some reading on Mignini. So his conviction of abuse of power was overturned because the wrong jurisdiction tried him? That sounds much different than what has been described before. It was made to sound like Mignini did nothing wrong, that he should have been found not guilty instead of what really happened. It's to bad that the proper jurisdiction has not yet decided to re-file the charges.

MOO

I don't understand your point. Mignini had nothing to do with this current hearing.

I just wonder if there is any proven evidence that the 4 of them knew each other. I wonder too if RG sold drugs. Maybe RS bought some drugs from RG and RG wanted his money and AK and RS didn't have it, so they sent him to MK apt, knowing she had the $300. I just question, how did 3 people who didn't know each other, decide to kill MK? But then again, there is proven DNA evidence RG had sex with MK. So it looks more like a break in, rape, murder and robbery.

Knox, in her book, stated that marijuana is her favorite vice. Sollecito had a long history with drugs, including hard drugs. Sollecito was put under supervision at school because of concerns about his hobbies. Guede had a history of drugs, no arrests. Knox/Sollecito admitted to being stoned to the point of memory failure on the night of the murder.

Knox and Guede had met three times: at the club, in the town square, and at a party in the downstairs flat at the cottage. Knox was described as the ringleader in the prosecution theory, putting Guede and Sollecito up to the murder. If it was a prank gone wrong, this fits the prosecution theory.

Guede did not have sex with Meredith. She was sexually assaulted, but no confirmation of rape. Knox was accused of stealing the €300 and there were discrepancies in her bank deposits after the murder (dgfred posted that information ages ago).

Just a heads up, I searched google and clicked on a link for the 80 page book compiled by Wright and released on Tuesday. I got a major virus alert, including a Trojan, that I couldn't exit without the Task Manager and shutting down the machine.

Does that seem like a comparable case ... comparable set of circumstances?

yet one about exporting/trafficking hashish is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Must Break You
I've been looking for some legal precedent as to whether Knox would be extradited or not. I found bloomfield vs. gengler, in which some Americans were initially accused of importing and exporting drugs from Canada. Their case was dismissed, the dismissal was then overturned and they were found guilty in absentia.
The convicted Americans fought their extradition, one of the grounds being double jeopardy, and the court did find that if they had been acquitted in the U.S. they couldn't be tried again. But they were convicted in Canada, and since their crime of importing drugs is a crime in America and there was sufficient evidence to criminality to have justified the trial, that is all the treaty requires. Double jeopardy doesn't come into play under extradition laws.

http://openjurist.org/507/f2d/925/un...ler-e-ettinger

otto: Thanks for researching that. I think we've all been looking for a case that was similar in order to understand the possibilities in this case.

Well obviously the 53 hours of torture without food and drink still has to be told because it paints a much prettier picture than that of AK accusing an innocent man of murder in under 2 hours of questioning. Which she then went on to confirm hours later all on her own.

It's definitely in Knox's favor for her supporters to falsely accuse the Italian investigators of interrogating Knox for 53 hours, withholding food and water, beating/hitting her, and forcing her to confess.

Can't we expect better from someone that formerly represented the FBI?

yet RG's dna was found on MK's purse, on her sweatshirt, on her bra strap, in her body... so it seems like much area WAS tested disputing the above assertion...

can you cite a source that states the lamp was tested? i've never seen confirmation of this ad nauseum-ly repeated "fact"/"evidence"...

http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2011/10/25/opinion/doc4ea6f57bec14b019999064.txt

And RSs DNA was found on Meredith's bra clasp. After all if RGs DNA on Merediths purse and sweater stands, so does it. They were collected the same day after being left at the crimescene all those days.
Lots of tests were done but by no means was everything tested.

And US didn't even care that the sex offender came here.
"Canadian officials decided not to seek extradition at the time, and he was arrested in Seattle after a disturbance and an alleged sexual assault on a teenage boy."
http://www.komonews.com/news/crime/Sex-offender-from-Canada-pleads-guilty-in-Seattle-240155901.html

It was interesting to see how it played out. Seattle was completely unconcerned about a man that had spent time in prison for sexually assaulting an elderly woman and luring two children to his apartment. According to the US, he was a US citizen and allowed to do whatever he wanted ... and he did, with one victim so far.

The difference in this case is that Canada did not register an arrest request at the border or in the US. Knox is now a convicted murderer and sex offender, but until an arrest warrant is issued, and I believe it will, the convictions will probably make no difference to her today.

Yes, she sure did. She even literally said "but I need help. I can't do it alone."

Meredith had no one to help her.

I will be surprised if the US denies extradition. This was a murder of a British woman in Italy. I would hope that the Brits would add some pressure to the US having to accept.

I would hope that the Brits would continue to love and support the Kercher family, but I would also hope that they would realize that nothing about this conviction makes any sense at all and that being heartbroken at the senseless killing of one of their own isn't a good enough excuse to rally behind the continued prosecution of an innocent person.

BBM: Just because a person's "dna" is not in the room where a victim is found, does not mean that person wasn't in there ...

Remember: Knox's LAMP was found IN Meredith's room -- and wiped clean !

As to THE crime scene : It was not limited to just the bedroom where Meredith was murdered ...

The ENTIRE cottage was declared a "crime scene" : footprints leaving the bedroom ... blood in Knox's bathroom and on the bathmat ... the STAGED broken window .... the list goes on ...

:moo:

*BBM*
Can you (or anyone) explain to me what the importance of the lamp is?
Was is supposedly used during the commission of the crime?

I am one of those who is undecided. Read a bit here and there over the years, been swayed both ways, and still really don't feel I know enough.

TIA.

It's definitely in Knox's favor for her supporters to falsely accuse the Italian investigators of interrogating Knox for 53 hours, withholding food and water, beating/hitting her, and forcing her to confess.

Can't we expect better from someone that formerly represented the FBI?

Yes I would agree and add that it is also always stated wrongly that it lead to a "false confession" which it was not. That too sounds better and there are many stats that apply to false confessions, that don't apply to false accusations.

AK was even confused when she was arrested, after her false accusation she thought she would be free to go.

Any thoughts on why Steve Moore did not do some homework and discover that Callan is a lawyer, not a NY detective? Any thoughts on why Steve Moore claims that Knox was tortured for 53 hours prior to falsely accusing Mr Lumumba of murder? We know that Knox arrived at the police station at about 11PM on Nov 4 and that she signed the statement at 1:30AM Nov 5. We also know that the signed statement was excluded from the trial proceedings. Why is Steve Moore so confused about this? Why does Steve Moore claim that he attended the trial when he doesn't speak Italian and was in Perugia for only a couple of days? Did anything odd happen in the courtroom when he attended court on those one or two days with his wife? Any thoughts on why Steve Moore states that Knox confessed when it's a well known fact that she accused another man of murder, which is significantly different than a confession? Is it acceptable for the a retired FBI person to skew the facts?

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/be...ial.&primaryType=video&sortBy=date&intl=false

Exactly. Steve Moore might have been right about other cases, but this case he's wrong about IMO.

I am not going to let Amanda let other people fight the fight for her, instead of talking about what she did, we're talking about her experts. That is exactly what she wants. Deflect responsibility from herself, always.

Pssssst .... he was an American citizen.

He had served his sentence and Canada was happy to let the US deal with their own sex offender. He will be arrested for violating parole if he tries to re-enter Canada, but there was no reason to spend money on him with an extradition request, which could easily have been denied since he was on parole. Seattle was happy to have him.

The situation is the same with Knox. Until she commits murder or a sex offense in the US, or an arrest warrant is issued, she will not have to register as a sex offender.

Any thoughts on why Steve Moore did not do some homework and discover that Callan is a lawyer, not a NY detective?

answered.

Any thoughts on why Steve Moore claims that Knox was tortured for 53 hours prior to falsely accusing Mr Lumumba of murder? We know that Knox arrived at the police station at about 11PM on Nov 4 and that she signed the statement at 1:30AM Nov 5. We also know that the signed statement was excluded from the trial proceedings. Why is Steve Moore so confused about this?

i believe he says "interrogated for 43"... http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/FBI7.html

where does SM say she was "tortured for 53 hours"? and by 53, do you mean straight or over the course of several days as he asserts with his assertion of 43? tia.

Why does Steve Moore claim that he attended the trial when he doesn't speak Italian and was in Perugia for only a couple of days?

cite?

Did anything odd happen in the courtroom when he attended court on those one or two days with his wife?

cite?

Any thoughts on why Steve Moore states that Knox confessed when it's a well known fact that she accused another man of murder, which is significantly different than a confession?

this has been answered ad nauseum in these threads.

Is it acceptable for the a retired FBI person to skew the facts?

unproven.

about that pittsburgh case ??

I just wonder if there is any proven evidence that the 4 of them knew each other. I wonder too if RG sold drugs. Maybe RS bought some drugs from RG and RG wanted his money and AK and RS didn't have it, so they sent him to MK apt, knowing she had the $300. I just question, how did 3 people who didn't know each other, decide to kill MK? But then again, there is proven DNA evidence RG had sex with MK. So it looks more like a break in, rape, murder and robbery.

IMO Amanda and RS were doing a prank on Meredith, and asked Rudy to join them. He was not a complete stranger, they knew of him. He lived very close to RS. He played at the basketball courts all the time. Amanda had hung out with him and the downstairs guys, and Meredith too. I believe that either they ran into him when they were going to do the prank, and asked him to join them to make the prank more "fun" and real, or they asked him ahead of time to join them for this prank on Meredith, seeing as he was a Black guy, the burglary prank and scaring Meredith would seem more real (in their minds). Also, they had only 2 people, Amanda and RS, kind of hard to do a scaring prank on someone with just 2 relatively small people. JMO.

And I also wouldn't take the evidence of rape as a given that it was actually rape or sexual assault. I believe there was some staged aspect to the sexual assault. In this case, nothing is what it seems.

What mistake did Steve Moore make when he repeatedly stated that the lawyer was "Detective Callan"? Did he not do his homework ... did he fail to inform himself of the facts?

As a spokesperson for Knox, is it not important that he be informed and precise regarding facts?

the answer to your question is in the video you posted...

There is no passport control anymore. He didn't even need to bring his passport to cross over to Austria. Did he just 'forget' the prosecutor had asked for precautionary measures?

where was he found? in italy. he hadn't fled.

Just a heads up, I searched google and clicked on a link for the 80 page book compiled by Wright and released on Tuesday. I got a major virus alert, including a Trojan, that I couldn't exit without the Task Manager and shutting down the machine.

Eeks...bad sign for that book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member