Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it appears that the only answer you will get is "motive isn't needed" or something along those lines, I figured I would answer for you. This time around the motive was because of an arguement over an unflushed toilet. No need to read that twice as it does in fact say an unflushed toilet. So RG goes to the bathroom, doesn't flush, Meredith scolds Amanda because her "guest" (RG) didn't flush, Amanda gets upset about it and has RG kill Meredith while she and RS hold Meredith down.

Sounds like a reasonable motive, doesn't it?!? :banghead:

poo-rugia :floorlaugh:

Interesting thing about this case is how quick the argument about what Steve Moore said about the case is turned into an attack on Moore as a person.

Any student of formal logic should recognize the fallacy of this line of argument.

yes, easy to see the faults of moore but not one italian connected to all the disputed evidence :facepalm:

*BBM*
Can you (or anyone) explain to me what the importance of the lamp is?
Was is supposedly used during the commission of the crime?

I am one of those who is undecided. Read a bit here and there over the years, been swayed both ways, and still really don't feel I know enough.

TIA.

Knox's lamp was placed on the floor of Meredith's bedroom, behind the door near the foot of Meredith's bed. The room was locked. It was the only light source in Knox's bedroom, yet she at no time mentioned that it was missing. Meredith's lamp was on the floor near the head of her bed.

Knox's family has claimed for years that there is no DNA or evidence from Knox in Meredith's bedroom. The lamp was not tested, but either there is DNA from Knox in Meredith's bedroom on the lamp, or the lamp was wiped clean. Both can't be true: there is no DNA and lamp wiped clean, and there is DNA and lamp not wiped clean.

Perhaps the truth is that there was DNA from Knox in the bedroom, but not all surfaces were tested. She did live there, but finding her DNA in Meredith's bedroom would not offer a better understanding of the murder. Instead, we would read "Of course her DNA was in Meredith's bedroom, she lived there!!!"

If Knox's DNA alone was on the lamp, one has to wonder why she put it on the floor behind Meredith's bedroom door. If someone else's DNA was on the lamp, then we might know who put her lamp there. The defense did not request that the lamp be tested for DNA.

It was interesting to see how it played out. Seattle was completely unconcerned about a man that had spent time in prison for sexually assaulting an elderly woman and luring two children to his apartment. ...

Yes, US couldn't care less.
Of course all of us were pretty sure where all of this was going.
But authorities didn't seem to care one bit.

Knox was a server at La Chic. Meredith was at the club one night and was mixing mojitos. Patrick, the owner, was impressed. He offered Meredith a job on the spot,

what is the cite for this? even TJMK refutes PL offered MK a job...

I hope the police are keeping an eye out for Raffaele....they better do a search light in the water too from time to time to make sure he's not trying to swim away.....

A few months ago a pedophile and sex offender in Canada removed his ankle bracelet and fled to Seattle. The Canadian manhunt was called off, and extradition was not requested. Seattle authorities refused to recognize him as a sex offender because he had not committed any crimes in the US. Within the week, he committed a sex offense against a young male. As a US citizen, the Canadians decided to let Seattle keep him. There is an arrest warrant for him in the event he attempts to enter Canada. He is now a registered sex offender in the US.

yes, the US can keep him !!

And RSs DNA was found on Meredith's bra clasp. After all if RGs DNA on Merediths purse and sweater stands, so does it. They were collected the same day after being left at the crimescene all those days.
Lots of tests were done but by no means was everything tested.

how much dna was found on the clasp vs. on the purse? sweater?

was there dna of other males found on the purse or sweater, like the clasp?

i stated "mixed blood"

:seeya:
The links from the innocent websites stated there was no mixed blood. That is not necessarily true if it couldn't be tested. It could well have been Knox's blood. Her blood was found after all. JMO.

Retired FBI Steve Moore and his wife are long time Friends of Amanda and are in the public eye and associated with this case. Steve Moore is one of the authors of the 80 page book that was compiled by Wright and released on Tuesday.

As a spokesperson for Amanda Knox and Friends of Amanda, is it unreasonable to expect an on the level report of the facts? I had seen his name before, but I had never read or heard anything of his. To be honest, I was shocked, as I had mistakenly given him a lot of credit on the basis of his former career.

What fallacy in formal logic is in play?
This isn't about shooting the messenger. This is about seeing, for the first time, one of the most outspoken persons associated with Knox, and being stunned. I look forward to seeing an interview with retired Judge Heavey; another outspoken Friend of Amanda.

Cantwell Statement on Amanda Knox Verdict

Today, U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA) released the following statement after an Italian appeals court found Amanda Knox guilty.

http://www.cantwell.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2014/1/cantwell-statement-on-amanda-knox-verdict

Yes I would agree and add that it is also always stated wrongly that it lead to a "false confession" which it was not. That too sounds better and there are many stats that apply to false confessions, that don't apply to false accusations.

AK was even confused when she was arrested, after her false accusation she thought she would be free to go.

That's the funny part ... that she thought that she would be released after fingering the black man ... something about that's how it works on CSI. Was that in the book by the cook ??? I can't remember her name, but I did read her book.

It sounds immensely better to falsely claim that police forced Knox to confess, but at no time did she confess.

Knox deliberately attempted to mislead investigators by introducing Patrick's name to the conversation, and then describe, in great detail, where she met him, what they did, what happened when they arrived at the cottage, and how he murdered Meredith while she stood in the kitchen plugging her ears. It's an incredible story, as elaborate as Casey Anthony's story about the babysitter/kidnapper at the park.

Knox's lamp was placed on the floor of Meredith's bedroom, behind the door near the foot of Meredith's bed. The room was locked. It was the only light source in Knox's bedroom, yet she at no time mentioned that it was missing. Meredith's lamp was on the floor near the head of her bed.

Knox's family has claimed for years that there is no DNA or evidence from Knox in Meredith's bedroom. The lamp was not tested, but either there is DNA from Knox in Meredith's bedroom on the lamp, or the lamp was wiped clean. Both can't be true: there is no DNA and lamp wiped clean, and there is DNA and lamp not wiped clean.

Perhaps the truth is that there was DNA from Knox in the bedroom, but not all surfaces were tested. She did live there, but finding her DNA in Meredith's bedroom would not offer a better understanding of the murder. Instead, we would read "Of course her DNA was in Meredith's bedroom, she lived there!!!"

If Knox's DNA alone was on the lamp, one has to wonder why she put it on the floor behind Meredith's bedroom door. If someone else's DNA was on the lamp, then we might know who put her lamp there. The defense did not request that the lamp be tested for DNA.

Thanks for your answer.
I still don't know why the heck this lamp is of any importance though :facepalm:
It keeps being mentioned like it has some meaning...and as far as I can tell it it just an object that is out of place (with confusion about DNA either being on it or not).
:waitasec:

regarding Steve Moore:

Law and Disorder by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker

Before the case was resolved, Steve would admit to me, “When you told me about the grief you took after the Ramsey case, I didn’t understand how petty and mean people can get. In my whole life, I have never been villified by people like I have since I got involved in the Knox case.”

http://books.google.com/books?id=-4...d=0CEIQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=Steve Moore&f=false

He said he went to Austria.

He did. He crossed the border into Austria. At 1AM police went to his hotel, woke him up, took him to the police station, and stamped his passport with No Exit.

I think the trajectory of the case would have been different. No, the investigation would not have come to a halt because the crime scene still contained all that blood, DNA and evidence of Guede. What would have changed is all the "behavioral" evidence and whatever else went on during the various interrogations that was not recorded or videotaped.

My goodness how did society survive before video and DNA ???
Seems to me ..people were far more capable of critical thinking and reaching logical and reasonable conclusions.
Between the biased PR driven media and the CSI Effect it's a miracle anyone of any notoriety gets convicted anymore!
Oh wait...those are rare;) all IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you state the motive from this time?

The sex game gone wrong theory was created out of thin air, is the new theory any different?

There are numerous posts & links in the resource section you can check out to get up to speed. First post of the thread. HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, the US can keep him !!

how much dna was found on the clasp vs. on the purse? sweater?

was there dna of other males found on the purse or sweater, like the clasp?

The only identified male suspects are Guede and Sollecito. DNA has to be matched to a known suspect. There are no other suspects for comparison with the second DNA sample on the bra clasp.

The DNA analysis on the bra clasp has been reviewed by David Balding, from the UK. Prosecutor Crini referenced that report during the appeal. Balding confirmed that Sollecito's DNA is on the clasp.

A chemistry professor from NC interviewed David Balding and asked whether it was possible that the DNA was somewhere in the cottage (unspecified), forensic experts touched whatever it was on Dec 18, then they walked into Meredith's bedroom, touched the clasp, and the DNA transferred to the clasp. This is not secondary transfer, this is tertiary (third) transfer. Balding said no.

Similarly, the DNA analysis connecting Guede to the murder was confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487