Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect people who defend her, but at the same time, I don't feel one bit like I'm a 'BAD person' for looking at the evidence and coming to the conclusion that she and Raffaele are guilty, along with Rudy. And for that, she needs to spend time in prison. I am confident in my personal decision. I don't need people to tell me, basically, how can you do this to someone else? I am not doing anything - they did it to themselves with their own actions.

This generation is growing up with the idea of, you don't have to take responsibility for your actions. And Amanda and Raffaele are Prime Example #1 of this. I don't view my support of them taking responsibility for their actions as some kind of inhumane gesture. Where I come from, you take responsibility for your actions, that is the way I was raised.

I'm sorry if others see it like I am being inhumane. I see it as a basic, fundamental value in life.

And right now, neither Amanda nor Raffaele are taking responsibility for what they did. What they did. Each individually. Rudy is doing his. Amanda needs to do hers. Raffaele needs to do his.

It's all pretty simple to me.

JMO.

I agree with you. At first I believed that he was duped, but apparently he has some abnormal sexual proclivities, and has had them for some time. Some kind of Japanese mugn? Never heard of it before.

Japanese mugn? I just googled it...it's sex with a copse? Is that right? What is the source that he was into that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respect people who defend her, but at the same time, I don't feel one bit like I'm a 'BAD person' for looking at the evidence and coming to the conclusion that she and Raffaele are guilty, along with Rudy. And for that, she needs to spend time in prison. I am confident in my personal decision. I don't need people to tell me, basically, how can you do this to someone else? I am not doing anything - they did it to themselves with their own actions.

This generation is growing up with the idea of, you don't have to take responsibility for your actions. And Amanda and Raffaele are Prime Example #1 of this. I don't view my support of them taking responsibility for their actions as some kind of inhumane gesture. Where I come from, you take responsibility for your actions, that is the way I was raised.

I'm sorry if others see it like I am being inhumane. I see it as a basic, fundamental value in life.

And right now, neither Amanda nor Raffaele are taking responsibility for what they did. What they did. Each individually. Rudy is doing his. Amanda needs to do hers. Raffaele needs to do his.

JMO.

I agree with every word! Well said! Thank you:)

it surely DOES disprove the assertion made -- that police around the world would recognize a staged break in.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

There are always exceptions, the most obvious being words like there, they're and their. That is the exception to the rule, but that doesn't mean that the norm does not exist. There are basic rules and norms.

It has been suggested that Italian investigators are incompetent. This would mean that when they thought they recognized a staged break-in, they were in fact wrong.

How is it possible that investigators mistakenly interpreted that the scene was staged when this is what they found:

• there was no glass on the ground beneath the window
  • glass was found on the exterior of the window, but lined up on the ledge as though the exterior shutter of the window was closed when the glass was broken
  • glass was found on top of the computer, which had been thrown onto the floor
  • glass was found on top of clothing that had been pulled off the closet shelves
  • it rained on the night of the murder
  • the wall of the cottage is made of stone, which is slippery when wet
  • Filomina's bedroom is 13 feet from the parking pad (origin of rock throw) and 12-14 feet above the ground, a wall scaling event
  • there is a metal window grille on the back of the house that is an easy climb to the balcony, which provides easy access to the kitchen window and French doors.

Should investigators have concluded that a rock was thrown from 13 feet away, through two closed shutters, and veered 90 left after hitting the inner shutter, but the glass, which had to hit the shutter first, did not veer to the left, and instead continued on the path of the original trajectory of the rock. Next, we have Guede scaling the wall to open the shutters, running back up to the parking pad, throwing a 9 pound rock through the glass, then running back around the cottage to the spot underneath Filomina's window - where there is no broken glass - scaling the wall and then removing broken glass from the window sill and lining it up on the exterior window ledge ... he didn't drop a single shard of glass and he didn't disturb that lined up glass as he climbed through the window.

There's that lingering question of why an experienced burglar would walk by the easy metal grille leading to the balcony and kitchen window three times while he opened shutters and scaled walls.

Cantwell Statement on Amanda Knox Verdict

Today, U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA) released the following statement after an Italian appeals court found Amanda Knox guilty.

http://www.cantwell.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2014/1/cantwell-statement-on-amanda-knox-verdict

Sorry, I'm not caught up yet but reading this makes me feel like AK will not be able to count on this Senator much.

This sounds like a typical politician saying what they think their constituents want to hear. I'm sure it was an approved message through her own PR people. JMO

That is what I thought, so what is the excuse? He forgot that he is on trial for murder including travel restrictions?

I'm a little unclear on whether he booked a hotel just inside Austria, or whether he was picked up on the Italian side of the border. Someone reported him to police, so he was woken up at 1AM Friday morning to have his passport and identification papers cancelled. Hotels require proof of identification, making it the most likely source for the tip. He did cross the border.

The report quoted Sollecito as having told police when he was found: "I took a trip to Austria. Then I came back to Italy. I stayed there to rest." But the police spokesman in Udine said he had no comment to make on whether Knox's ex-boyfriend had crossed and recrossed the border on Thursday.
The Florence court had ruled that there was a "real and present" danger that Sollecito would flee the country. The judges said that although he had taken part in the latest judicial proceedings, Sollecito had shown an interest in obtaining "logistical support in countries with which Italy does not have relations of [mutual] judicial assistance".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/31/raffaele-sollecito-police-station-italian-border

Sorry, I'm not caught up yet but reading this makes me feel like AK will not be able to count on this Senator much.

This sounds like a typical politician saying what they think their constituents want to hear. I'm sure it was an approved message through her own PR people. JMO

Does this sound generic? Does Cantwell have the ear of Kerry? Even if she closely monitors it, will it make a difference in the long run?

“I am very concerned and disappointed by this verdict,” said Cantwell. “I am confident there will be an appeal to closely re-examine today’s decision. It is very troubling that Amanda and her family have had to endure this process for so many years. I will continue to closely monitor this case as it moves forward through the Italian legal system.”

http://www.cantwell.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2014/1/cantwell-statement-on-amanda-knox-verdict

Well motive is actually irrelevant, because in many cases people do things that there is just no explanation for. But I'll entertain how could those three people possibly end up murdering a girl.

Ok how about Amanda and Meredith get into an argument over missing money. Amanda is angry and decides to get back at Meredith. Maybe she plans to stage a mock break in to scare Meredith (similar to her purported April Fool's Day prank). She get RG to play out the prank (she did know him, but not very well... but hey this is just a prank right). Little does she know that after letting RG in the cottage he goes in the room and takes it too far. He rapes and murders MK while AK stand in the kitchen frozen in fear (sound familiar) at a prank that went too far. RG runs out after, and leaves AK and RS holding the bag so to speak, so they are forced into trying to cover-up and stage a break-in.

Not saying that is what I believe happened, but it is logical and can be made to fit all the evidence. My point being there are numerous logical scenarios where all three could be involved at differing levels of participation that fit with the evidence.

I think so, too. The other roommates were gone. Meredith's money was missing. No one else could have taken it and they got into a heated argument. Meredith said she was calling the cops. Guede was there to sell AK and RS drugs. I still can't believe Guede didn't flush the toilet.

JMO.

Not being inhumane at all. Dang, to me this whole case screams "commit murder in a foreign country and still enjoy your freedom!"

Does this sound generic? Does Cantwell have the ear of Kerry? Even if she closely monitors it, will it make a difference in the long run?

“I am very concerned and disappointed by this verdict,” said Cantwell. “I am confident there will be an appeal to closely re-examine today’s decision. It is very troubling that Amanda and her family have had to endure this process for so many years. I will continue to closely monitor this case as it moves forward through the Italian legal system.”

Compare that with her statement after the acquittal.

“I am glad that the appeals court gave Amanda the fair hearing that she deserves. All countries must live up to their international commitments to provide a fair trial by an impartial tribunal to those accused of crimes. "
http://www.cantwell.senate.gov/publ...eases?ID=ebf15627-a81e-4980-97ce-e68254405eb6

So it is only fair if Knox would be acquitted? Who made her the judge?

“She was unlike any other prisoner. I’ve never seen another girl like her, especially so young. She’s magnetic and manipulative. She had no emotions for people, only books. She never talked to other prisoners, she was only concerned about her world.

“Even when they freed her after the appeal, she didn’t speak to a single person she had just spent four years with, just walked out. That’s not human, is it?”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/meredith-kercher-killer-amanda-knox-3100098

LOL, well it's just my opinion, but to me when a politician says they will closely "monitor" something it usually means they have no interest in it. Doesn't monitor mean watching rather than taking action?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-profile-of-boyfriend-Raffaele-Sollecito.html

I found the above... This is news to me! I had previously read <modsnip>
Can someone give me a little background on this? Please? Otto, can ya help me out here?

"A day after Miss Kercher was found dead, Sollecito and Knox went shopping for sexy underwear for her in Perugia, reportedly making plans for a night of "wild sex".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-profile-of-boyfriend-Raffaele-Sollecito.html

"It was part of a pattern of behaviour which struck many observers as odd or even callous in the days after the killing, along with the couple's kissing and cuddling outside the hillside cottage where Miss Kercher's body was found."

[all true as far as I know]

"Sollecito had a passion for knives and was a fan of Japanese Manga Comics [and anime], known for their extreme violence and rape fantasies."

[this is also true]

More Information: Massei Report

http://www.westseattleherald.com/si...ttachments/MasseiReportEnglishTranslation.pdf

page 103, page 367 (conclusion)

Compare that with her statement after the acquittal.

“I am glad that the appeals court gave Amanda the fair hearing that she deserves. All countries must live up to their international commitments to provide a fair trial by an impartial tribunal to those accused of crimes. "
http://www.cantwell.senate.gov/publ...eases?ID=ebf15627-a81e-4980-97ce-e68254405eb6

So it is only fair if Knox would be acquitted? Who made her the judge?

I wonder if she will feel that the US must live up to their international commitments.

Thanks for your answer.
I still don't know why the heck this lamp is of any importance though :facepalm:
It keeps being mentioned like it has some meaning...and as far as I can tell it it just an object that is out of place (with confusion about DNA either being on it or not).
:waitasec:

*BBM*
Can you (or anyone) explain to me what the importance of the lamp is?
Was is supposedly used during the commission of the crime?

I am one of those who is undecided. Read a bit here and there over the years, been swayed both ways, and still really don't feel I know enough.

TIA.

Yes, it appears Amanda's lamp was brought in to Meredith's room to help during the cleanup/coverup. To say that there was nothing of Amanda's at the crime scene is not correct. Now, whether it was just the lamp and wiped down, or her lamp with DNA on it is not known since the defense elected not to have it tested.

The report quoted Sollecito as having told police when he was found: "I took a trip to Austria. Then I came back to Italy. I stayed there to rest." But the police spokesman in Udine said he had no comment to make on whether Knox's ex-boyfriend had crossed and recrossed the border on Thursday.
The Florence court had ruled that there was a "real and present" danger that Sollecito would flee the country. The judges said that although he had taken part in the latest judicial proceedings, Sollecito had shown an interest in obtaining "logistical support in countries with which Italy does not have relations of [mutual] judicial assistance".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/31/raffaele-sollecito-police-station-italian-border

That would be the DR ... the country without judicial assistance. If Sollecito had been a citizen in the DR prior to the murder, he would have had some right to avoid extradition, but it's not retro-active. He tried to establish a business and relationship in the DR in the last few months, but it didn't work.

Not even Knox, in the US, has that right ... the right to avoid judicial process because judicial assistance is unavailable in that country (eg: DR). Extradition Treaty countries accept that if another equal country finds one of their citizens guilty, that verdict will be respected. It's tied with the treaty that if the US wants a terrorist or Mafiosi personality from Italy, Italy should comply. Ted Simon is singing an empty song, a tone deaf, hard, flat and forceful song that rings false.

I think so, too. The other roommates were gone. Meredith's money was missing. No one else could have taken it and they got into a heated argument. Meredith said she was calling the cops. Guede was there to sell AK and RS drugs. I still can't believe Guede didn't flush the toilet.

He was apparently distracted by having to suddenly go to the bathroom, and after using the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth