Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The signed statements on the night that Knox met with an interpreter were excluded from the murder trial. That is what is being discussed ... the "interrogation" and signed statement from Knox. The voluntary statements that Knox submitted on Nov 6 and 7 were included in the evidence for the murder trial.

Weren't the letters home she wrote also included?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She committed a crime with Rudy Guede, and then deliberately left solid evidence of Rudy Guede's presence at the crime scene? And then she told the police a story about.....someone that wasn't Rudy Guede?

She must be the dumbest criminal conspirator, and the most inconsistent one too.

Prisons are full of narcissistic lying criminals just like her. Thinking they're smarter more manipulative...thankfully so so many are wrong, caught and convicted. Just like Knox.

Inconsistent certainly accurately describes Amanda's versions.

All IMO

Weren't the letters home she wrote also included?

I would think so. Anything that Knox voluntarily submitted should be viewed as evidence, but the statements that Knox signed during the night with the interpreter were excluded from the murder trial.

Sorry, but I don't remember much from the annulled appeal except for some very odd defense witnesses and the questionable Rome Professor report.

One of the odd witnesses was the cross dressing mafia man that wanted a sex change in prison. He claimed that his brother murdered Meredith. It seemed like there was a bit of mockery of the process. I suspect that this verdict and this Judge sobered everyone up.

Yes, I forgot all about this until now. Luciano Aviello who later admitted he accepted a bribe from Sollecito to give false testimony. It's SO bizarre.
Sollecito's lawyer introduced this to try to create reasonable doubt in my opinion. So I guess they had zero confidence in the "lone wolf theory".

Yes, I forgot all about this until now. Luciano Aviello who later admitted he accepted a bribe from Sollecito to give false testimony. It's SO bizarre.
Sollecito's lawyer introduced this to try to create reasonable doubt in my opinion. So I guess they had zero confidence in the "lone wolf theory".

I remember Bongiorno admitting at the trial that more than one person was involved, so I think she was looking for a way to address that while ensuring that the other person was not her client. The lone wolf theory was bounced around during this appeal, but I don't think anyone truly believes it. Guede's feet don't match the footprint evidence (unless they are modified with Photoshop), so at least one other person was there during the murder.

Just bringing this forward because it was such an interesting article, IMO. I, too, get the impression that her image is very very carefully crafted. I have no doubt that everything that prison warden said is true. I can see it from the way Amanda wrote her book, the way she talks in her interviews, writes on her blog, and of course the way she treated Meredith. She is always playing the victim, every chance she can.
I've been catching up on my reading and was hoping someone would post a link to something like this. hmmm, AK's lack of affect has always bugged me and I've been curious to what people who knew her made of her demeanor. I've never seen anything like it. moo

And you find Aviello's testimony credible do you?

Not to mention the poo in the toilet which is terribly incriminating until it turns out to be evidence that Amanda is stupid, in which case it becomes evidence that murderers are all stupid. Etc, etc.

So depressing to see Americans behaving like this. If you think giving up Knox is going to win you any favours in the extradition stakes, think again. Roman Polanski, Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, Gary McKinnon and the like are never going to see a US court because we don't want them to. Our reasons for that will not change if Knox is extradited.

Knox's extradition is only relevant as a sympton of how far Europe can bully you under the passive aggressive pretence of standing up to the big bad wolf.

Not to mention the poo in the toilet which is terribly incriminating until it turns out to be evidence that Amanda is stupid, in which case it becomes evidence that murderers are all stupid. Etc, etc.

So depressing to see Americans behaving like this. If you think giving up Knox is going to win you any favours in the extradition stakes, think again. Roman Polanski, Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, Gary McKinnon and the like are never going to see a US court because we don't want them to. Our reasons for that will not change if Knox is extradited.

Knox's extradition is only relevant as a sympton of how far Europe can bully you under the passive aggressive pretence of standing up to the big bad wolf.

With all due respect, obviously if you had read my post, you would see that I do not find Aviello credible; However the reason he was introduced was because RS' s lawyer introduced him, so she found him to be credible. She also believed more than one killer was involved. As I said, in my opinion there was zero confidence in the "lone wolf" theory.

Americans behaving like what exactly?

With all due respect, obviously if you had read my post, you would see that I do not find Aviello credible; However the reason he was introduced was because RS' s lawyer introduced him, so she found him to be credible. She also believed there were two more killers besides Guede.

Sollecito should have a valid appeal on the grounds of inadequate counsel then. Maybe that can be something he will take up in his ECHR appeal.

I sense more than a little xenophobia going on...

I prefer "acutely aware of shortcomings"

The difference is surely whether the shortcomings are factual, or whether there is a continual straw man among your compatriots along the lines of "people only support Amanda Knox because she's american".

Or white. Or pretty. Or the PR machine brainwashed everybody. Or CNN. Or ..... :banghead:

20/20 has a program about Knox starting now. It's very slanted towards Knox as victim.

20/20 has a program about Knox starting now. It's very slanted towards Knox as victim.

Good. I hope the American media keeps up the pressure so that when extradition proceedings are started, there is less likelihood of Amanda being extradited to do hard time for a crime committed by Rudy Guede.

Good. I hope the American media keeps up the pressure so that when extradition proceedings are started, there is less likelihood of Amanda being extradited to do hard time for a crime committed by Rudy Guede.

The public will not influence the decision to extradite. It's about law, not opinion.

I don't think extradition proceedings have anything to do with what is portrayed by media. The extradition treaty is between the U.S. and Italy. It's not up to the media/public to decide whether or not she is extradited.
Also what do you guys think will happen if Amanda does not get extradited but Raffaele has to do the time?

The public will not influence the decision to extradite. It's about law, not opinion.

Agreed.

Perhaps she still has a lot of support in Seattle ...IMO the vast majority of the rest of the country have already grown bored with Amanda.

I don't think extradition proceedings have anything to do with what is portrayed by media. The extradition treaty is with the country in which she is a convicted murderer. It's not up to the media to decide this.
Also what do you guys think will happen if Amanda does not get extradited but Raffaele has to do the time?

I think that Knox will slip up and leave the US at some point, and then she'll be immediately sent to prison in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bands0408