Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Knox will slip up and leave the US at some point, and then she'll be immediately sent to prison in Italy.

I just hope there is a camera crew present. I want to see the kicking and screaming she promised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that Knox will slip up and leave the US at some point, and then she'll be immediately sent to prison in Italy.

IMO RS is gonna try to make a run for it ...for sure.

The public will not influence the decision to extradite. It's about law, not opinion.

I'm not so sure the law and public opinion are mutually exclusive. Anyway, good for your media if they're telling the truth about one of your citizens being falsely convicted in a court whose reputation in Europe is about as dire as it gets.

Knox, in response to why she said that "Meredith f-ing bled to death", Knox said "I could have been more sensitive."

Ya think?

Knox, in response to why she said that "Meredith f-ing bled to death", Knox said "I could have been more sensitive."

Ya think?

Complete and total lack of empathy.
Any genuine concern she has ever displayed has been for herself. IMO

Ya think?

But in her recent interview(GMA) admitted she did not feel bad about her lack of sensitivity. (Paraphrasing).

I'm not so sure the law and public opinion are mutually exclusive. Anyway, good for your media if they're telling the truth about one of your citizens being falsely convicted in a court whose reputation in Europe is about as dire as it gets.

Are you Canadian by any chance?

And you find Aviello's testimony credible do you?

Not to mention the poo in the toilet which is terribly incriminating until it turns out to be evidence that Amanda is stupid, in which case it becomes evidence that murderers are all stupid. Etc, etc.

So depressing to see Americans behaving like this. If you think giving up Knox is going to win you any favours in the extradition stakes, think again. Roman Polanski, Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, Gary McKinnon and the like are never going to see a US court because we don't want them to. Our reasons for that will not change if Knox is extradited.

Knox's extradition is only relevant as a sympton of how far Europe can bully you under the passive aggressive pretence of standing up to the big bad wolf.
most of us don't compare Knox to Roman Polanski or anybody else. This isn't political or about favours or extradition stakes. A lot of us don't appreciate Americans going to other countries and committing crimes-makes us all look like a bunch of entitled, arrogant pigs. Most Americans believe, ' do the crime, pay the time', regardless of where they do the crime. moo

That is so true. Authorities would have just written it off as a case of jealousy and we would have never even heard about it in the US maybe, except for a byline. Doubt some guy would have been making out with her outside the murder house, either. People, for some reason, cannot fathom that young decent looking people can and do murder.

Yes, and lucky Amanda, she not only has 1 thing working in her favor, she has 2, 3, and more....

-White
-Pretty
-Female
-Middle-class
-Educated/college-going
-Young
-Articulate
-Relatively Intelligent
-Thin
-Has no visible abnormalities

!!!!!!!!

most of us don't compare Knox to Roman Polanski or anybody else. This isn't political or about favours or extradition stakes. A lot of us don't appreciate Americans going to other countries and committing crimes-makes us all look like a bunch of entitled, arrogant pigs. Most Americans believe, ' do the crime, pay the time', regardless of where they do the crime. moo

Unless of course the accused is famous....Americans are easily fooled by the famous persona of "stars" and manipulated by the teams of spin doctors and high priced tv personality defense lawyers.

Interesting article.

Confirmation bias is not only alive and well, but proliferates on all sides. Once someone has decided that someone is a certain way, they will discard evidence to the contrary and look for things that confirm their bias, even if they have to speculate and theorize in order to do it. They will assign feelings and emotions to the players involved even if they've never met them. They imagine thoughts for the people, intentions, and project all sorts of things onto them.

When and if possible I like to start with forensic evidence first, crime scene stuff, and other evidence (like digital), things that are less about someone's opinion and personal perceptions, and not suppose or imagine anything. I don't imagine evidence being there if it isn't, I go with what there is and what I might be presented if I were on a jury.

I try, as much as possible, to take any feelings about the people involved out of the equation and not use things like my "intuition" or "gut feelings" because that simply is not evidence.

I might believe a person is guilty but the totality of the evidence either supports or doesn't support guilt BARD for me. I might get right up to the line and not be able to cross over into "BARD." In this case I'm not even right up to the line of guilt. That doesn't mean I don't see things that make me suspicious and wonder if there's involvement. It simply means the case hasn't been proven to me BARD. If I were on the AK & RS juries I would have voted "not guilty."

Excellent points. The article makes so many ludicrous assertions. First of all, if this was a young pretty Italian girl here, the case likely would never have been tried against her. The prosecutor's conduct, what we here would consider flagrant violations of Miranda, the confession that was supposed to be taped but wasn't (or was, and was *lost*), the pretrial publicity, etc., etc. And let's just set that aside for a minute and say that if it were tried, there is clearly a truckload of reasonable doubt.

Same goes for if it was a Hispanic male with similar circumstances here. It's like they've never even heard of Ernesto Miranda.

Of course, the opposite question could be asked too: If Amanda had not been a "wild American girl" or if she had been a chubby girl with acne would that have changed the prosecutor's wild fantasies about her? Would she have been so demonized as "Foxy Knoxy?" Were it not for the insane and heavily biased publicity in the local media before her trial it's inconceivable that the outcome would have been guilty.

Yes, and lucky Amanda, she not only has 1 thing working in her favor, she has 2, 3, and more....

-White

-Pretty

-Female

-Middle-class

-Educated/college-going

-Young

-Articulate

-Relatively Intelligent

-Thin

!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the PR team!
And don't forget the retired FBI dude with the big loud mouthed inappropriate wife;)

Police told Knox that she had to "remember correctly", and apparently that inspired her to accuse Patrick of murder.

I'm glad you posted that picture because I was just about to post about how her blow drying her hair story made no sense for finding the poo. It's clear the blow dryer is used in the laundry area. Her email I think it was said she noticed the poo when putting the blow dryer back. There is a picture from the doorway of that bathroom and you can't even see into the toilet.

And the story of it slipping further into the toilet was said. Raffelle talks about it in his prison diary. Neither one of them could keep their whole stories straight, like RS saying Filomenas door was open when he arrived.

Obviously the poo was very vital to their story of the burglar, because in her book she makes a big deal about how when she went back to the cottage with Raffaele, the poo wasn't there (!!). And after the discovery of the body, when they were asking her some general questions outside about what she had seen, she told Raffaele, something like...omg we can't forget to tell them that there was poo there earlier but now it isn't there!!! I thought this was so odd, how she stuck that into her book. For a reason. And then the detective lady told her, no it's still there, it had just settled to the bottom.

I guess she was so afraid that the poo evidence would be gone?

police statements.....Knox pointed out the feces, although by the time the police arrived, the feces had sunk deeper into the toilet and were not visible. The police were surprised that she was so adamant to point them out. From reports, she was anxious because they weren't visible. She made such a big deal of it, they found them. Maybe the police would have found them anyway, IDK, but AK made sure they did. Maybe she just wanted to them to get the man's DNA, but then why did she shower with turds in the toilet? Would you or would have flushed it in disgust?

Also, police reports say that her hair was not clean and she stank, not like a person just coming out of a shower.

Thank you! yes, this is just what I said in my above post!

-White
-Pretty
-Female
-Middle-class
-Educated/college-going
-Young
-Articulate
-Relatively Intelligent
-Thin

!!!!!!!!

I would have added American to that list as well, but you think these things worked in her favor? In everyday life maybe, but not hardly in this case. These are some of the very reasons that the case got so much salacious publicity which only hurt her. These are also the reasons that some people are so resentful of her that they can't (or won't) take a dispassionate look at the evidence. You've heard people on this very forum say that she must be guilty because she uses big words or she's spoiled and entitled, etc.

The 20/20 program is so far all about Knox as a child, the bad prosecutor, and the statements from the night of Nov 5 - which were excluded from the murder trial, drugs as common as pasta ... so 20 minutes in and nothing relevant to the case. I suppose that makes sense because there is also the mistaken storyline that there is no evidence, so they can't exactly talk about relevant evidence.

Since the toilets are different there than they are here, as in very little water in the bowl itself, I would imagine that one will smell the mess with no problem at all. Especially when it had been sitting there all night.

MOO

THe point is that this poo was obviously very important to Amanda and Raffaele's burglar story...that's why she was adamant to point it out to the police.

The 20/20 program is so far all about Knox as a child, the bad prosecutor, and the statements from the night of Nov 5 - which were excluded from the murder trial, drugs as common as pasta ... so 20 minutes in and nothing relevant to the case. I suppose that makes sense because there is also the mistaken storyline that there is no evidence, so they can't exactly talk about relevant evidence.

I can't bare to watch.

I had more than my fill of listening to Knox watching the gma clip posted here.

I would have added American to that list as well, but you think these things worked in her favor? In everyday life maybe, but not hardly in this case. These are some of the very reasons that the case got so much salacious publicity which only hurt her. These are also the reasons that some people are so resentful of her that they can't (or won't) take a dispassionate look at the evidence. You've heard people on this very forum say that she must be guilty because she uses big words or she's spoiled and entitled, etc.

I disagree. I think all of those things worked in her favor, very much so. If she didn't have these things in her favor, even just some of those things, there would be no Friends of Amanda, no supporters, no experts wanting to speak for her, no politicians wanting to go near her story, no people donating to her - no donations. She would be in prison and forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487