Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's various speculation about the timeline. Some believe that the Judge's report will be submitted before the 90 day time limit. With the appeals, the defense will delay until day 45 to prevent the prosecution from having time to respond appropriately to the appeal. The Supreme Court may bump this case up the list to put an end to it.

Either way, whether it's 6 months or 18 months, as soon as an extradition request is made, Knox has to be rounded up and put into the prison that is about 5 miles from her home. She will have to remain there until she has exhausted her extradition fight ... and that will be an eye opener for someone that is only familiar with a Rehabilition Prison rather than a Punitivie Prison.
Oh YEA!!! She'll get locked up in WA state!!:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou: Can't happen soon enough!

Can you provide me with a source that states Knox's DNA was found mixed with MK's blood in Filomena's room? And not one that is biased?
here are some reputable sites that give great explanations:

Chris Halkides: View From Wilmington Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito: There is no mixed blood

Chris also has a link to the DNA experts report from the second trial (Conti & Vecchiotti) They debunk a lot of what the scientist Massei relied on found. (as do all DNA experts that have reviewed her work)

here is another site that discusses it: "The Truth About The Luminol Prints That Tested Negative For Blood" (scroll down)

and btw, the new experts for this last trial that retested the knife, agreed with Conti & Vecchiotti.

Otto, that's incorrect. Knox had zero power to put anyone in jail. Zero. It's well known that police inquired about the message on her phone to Patrick, "see you later." That raised questions and started the police down a rat hole. Again, there was no requirement for police to arrest Patrick without ascertaining information about his alibi. They failed to do that. They are the ones in control, they are the ones with the power to detain and jail people. Why is that fact ignored?

I could run around my neighborhood accusing people of things but if the police arrested them based on that and didn't do any investigation into the allegations, the police would be (properly) blamed. You have to consider who has the power in situations. Who can make an arrest? Who can detain?
If it weren't for her false accusations/slander Patrick wouldn't have been under police scrutiny. Casey Anthony did the exact same thing to Zenaida Gonzalez- falsely accusing her of kidnapping her daughter.

Yes,I forgot about that... A murder knife used in a brutal stabbing that not only does not match the wounds but that does not even have blood on it! And any DNA found on it, though not blood, was below intl standards.

Yes, that is certainly a good precedent for Italian courts to use in the future, to convict people based on DNA found using discredited techniques and that does not even contain blood.

I think we all know how this will end up. Italy has its conviction, no one's "pride" is hurt, no one's reputation is damaged. They will ask for extradiction, yet not push too hard. US will not extradite and everyone is happy, AK does not serve jail (even though she has to live under this stress for the rest of her life) and no one's "pride" is damaged.

And RG gets out next year to roam the streets. Somewhere in this process justice for Meredith got lost...
No, justice for Meredith will be served when the US extradites Knox and she and Rafe are behind bars.

BTW I find it irritating how you have not once answered my question - why would AK and RS murder Kercher with RG?
Because AK was the ringleader, convinced her boyfriend and RG to go along with it, then set up RG as the patsy with his poop in the toilet. She was jealous of Meredith. I've seen this happen in other cases where the female has power over her boyfriend/other males and they do her bidding. RG had the strongest prosecution case against him, but Amanda and Rafe were there too, and their reinstated GUILTy convictions support this.

No, justice for Meredith will be served when the US extradites Knox and she and Rafe are behind bars.

Irrespective of how someone feels on AK or RS, I think anything less than a life sentences for MK's killers is a disgrace. That RG is getting out as soon as next year is an embarrassment. I don't care about fast track and that nonsense; the fact that someone whose DNA is unquestionably there and who is indisputably culpable for the crime gets out in 15 years is a disgrace, fast track or not. RG loose on the streets this decade is not justice for MK, no matter how you feel about AK or RS.

But the problem is there is no evidence that AK and RS wanted to murder MK. AK and MK hadn't even fought before and AK. I'm sorry, but I just don't buy it. It doesn't make sense and I'm not sure why many people want this to be more than what it looks like.
Being on drugs or a thrill kill are good motives here too...

You've never been accused of murder, so you don't know what someone would or would not do under such a stressful situation that could result in them being imprisoned for 25 years.
I know I wouldn't falsely accuse somebody, nor would I go out and buy lingerie, have sex or pizza, or do cartwheels in the police station!

Because AK was the ringleader, convinced her boyfriend and RG to go along with it, then set up RG as the patsy with his poop in the toilet. She was jealous of Meredith. I've seen this happen in other cases where the female has power over her boyfriend/other males and they do her bidding. RG had the strongest prosecution case against him, but Amanda and Rafe were there too, and their reinstated GUILTy convictions support this.

This would make a bit more sense if there was any evidence the 3 all knew each other. There are no texts connecting the three, no one saw them together. Indeed, there is no evidence at all RS even laid eyes on RG outside the courtroom. One cannot have a conspiracy without even establishing the basis fact that there was a connection among the co conspirators.

Then once you have that minimum you have to establish why 2 guys would go Along with this plot. I could see a boyfriend going along with it, but has there ever been a case where you get some random stranger who is not friends with the couples to go along with a murder?

here are some reputable sites that give great explanations:

Chris Halkides: View From Wilmington Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito: There is no mixed blood

Chris also has a link to the DNA experts report from the second trial (Conti & Vecchiotti) They debunk a lot of what the scientist Massei relied on found. (as do all DNA experts that have reviewed her work)

here is another site that discusses it: "The Other DNA Evidence"

and btw, the new experts for this last trial that retested the knife, agreed with Conti & Vecchiotti.

And yet...they were both found to be guilty again.
Just because an expert says something doesn't make it true.
Every trial I've ever followed had dueling experts.
With enough money you can find an expert to testify to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would make a bit more sense if there was any evidence the 3 all knew each other. There are no texts connecting the three, no one saw them together. Indeed, there is no evidence at all RS even laid eyes on RG outside the courtroom. One cannot have a conspiracy without even establishing the basis fact that there was a connection among the co conspirators.

Then once you have that minimum you have to establish why 2 guys would go Along with this plot. I could see a boyfriend going along with it, but has there ever been a case where you get some random stranger who is not friends with the couples to go along with a murder?

Who said it was a plot to kill?
Maybe it was a prank that went way outta control? Like a fake scary armed robbery like Amanda staged before?

And yet...they were both found to be guilty again.
Just because an expert says something doesn't make it true.
Every trial I've ever followed had dueling experts.
With enough money you can find an expert to testify to anything.

It will be interesting to hear how the jury dealt with the DNA evidence. Did they just totally dismiss the independent experts analysis of the DNA? And why? I could see someone viewing a party's expert as biased but why did they dismiss the independent expert appointed by the courts? It is highly unusual to do that absent a strong showing that there was something wrong with the independent experts. And that would have to be more than mere disagreement with the conclusion.

Independent experts are not usually ignored absent clear evidence of actual incompetence or bias or evidence of side dealings. Where is the evidence of any of that here? The burden is pretty high to show why the independent expert should be ignored. If the jury does not deal with that adequately in the opinion and explain why it ignored the independent expert that would be strong grounds for appeal.

<modsnip>

I don't think the prosecution even alleges that RS knew RG before this night. And AK only knew him bc he met her once from the guys downstairs. I think RG might have been interested in AK, maybe guys talked etc., IMO, I personally think he was after AK that night

What matters is not rumors or innuendo but what is in evidence and I don't think there is any fact in evidence saying how they knew each other before that night other than what I mention above. No connection between RS and RG.

Did RS have any friends? You never hear of any friends w him, like in college, many guys are like in a frat or have a close group of guy friends that they are inseparable from. Was he just a loner? You just never hear of him having any friends, which is a bit odd. Her too, did she have friends and they just disappeared on her or was she a loner? She might have been the type that girls hated.. It seems like MK was her only friend in Perugia.

Don't know where I read it, but I have recently read that they knew him from the bar Patrick owned.

They knew eachother because Rudy was friends with the boys who lived downstairs. Rudy had expressed interest in Amanda and asked about her. They were also at the same party.

It will be interesting to hear how the jury dealt with the DNA evidence. Did they just totally dismiss the independent experts analysis of the DNA? And why? I could see someone viewing a party's expert as biased but why did they dismiss the independent expert appointed by the courts? It is highly unusual to do that absent a strong showing that there was something wrong with the independent experts. And that would have to be more than mere disagreement with the conclusion.

Independent experts are not usually ignored absent clear evidence of actual incompetence or bias or evidence of side dealings. Where is the evidence of any of that here? The burden is pretty high to show why the independent expert should be ignored. If the jury does not deal with that adequately in the opinion and explain why it ignored the independent expert that would be strong grounds for appeal.

Do you have a link to the independent experts entire testimony?

I was watching her polarizing interviews and noticed the smooth monotone in her speaking that is a hall mark of many sociopathic killers...just sayin...Amanda comes off very narcissistic and very Casey anthonyish...

She was persecuted for being beautiful you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks