Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, too. The other roommates were gone. Meredith's money was missing. No one else could have taken it and they got into a heated argument. Meredith said she was calling the cops. Guede was there to sell AK and RS drugs. I still can't believe Guede didn't flush the toilet.

A more reasonable explanation is that Guede had broken into the apartment and was on the toilet when Meredith arrived home alone. He did not flush to avoid alerting Meredith and attempted to sneak out of the apartment, but found the front door locked.

This happened just after 9 pm, while Amanda and Raffaelle were a half kilometer away watching the end of the movie Amalie. Meredith was attacked while she was still wearing the clothes she walked home in, including the jacket. She hadn't settled in for the night, or tried calling her mother again, or taken care of the laundry she started before leaving.

By 10 pm, someone else was playing with Meredith's phone. At 10:13, her phone connected via a different cell tower. Around 10:30, a car broke down directly across the street from the cottage. Two witnesses in that car reported the cottage as dark and quiet, as did two of their friends in a separate car that parked in the cottage driveway and the tow truck driver that towed them away around 11:15.

Does websleuths accept tabloids as media sources?

In other cases they do. McCann case has links to tabloids (Mirror as an example). Som e consider Daily Mail as tabloid but links are posted.

In other cases they do. McCann case has links to tabloids (Mirror as an example). Som e consider Daily Mail as tabloid but links are posted.

That surprises me.

Thanks.

The burglarg was staged later. The window that was broken was impossible to reach from the outside without a ladder (there was no ladder), not to mention the broken glass was ON TOP of the items that had been thrown around to make the room appear ransacked. And if Guede (accepting your theory that he acted alone for a second) gained entry through the front door with the bad lock, why would he have felt the need to stage a burglary?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Perugia is a backwards part of Italy, beset with distrust of outsiders. As an American, Amanda was clearly an outsider. So was Raffaelle, as he came from a different region in Italy.

Portraying Manga as evil was a prosecution play on the bigotry and intolerance of the jury in Perugia. A reminder that Raffaelle was not one of them.

Say what? Perugia is full of students, both international and Italian. It's a college town.

Wow.

Over the years, various motives have been speculated. What idea did you yourselves form?
“We convicted and we will explain it explicitly in our reasoning. For now, I can say that up until 20:15 of that evening, these young people all had different plans, then their commitments fell through and the occasion for this to happen was created. If Amanda had gone to work, we probably wouldn’t be here.”

I think so, too. The other roommates were gone. Meredith's money was missing. No one else could have taken it and they got into a heated argument. Meredith said she was calling the cops. Guede was there to sell AK and RS drugs. I still can't believe Guede didn't flush the toilet.

:seeya:

BBM: And what is even more astounding IMO is that Amanda did NOT flush the toilet when she was in there allegedly drying her hair.

Good grief -- who would NOT flush a toilet like that ? :facepalm: Disgusting !

This is one of the many "telling" details in this case that :

It is not always what a person does, sometimes, it is what a person does NOT do.

:twocents:

Well obviously the 53 hours of torture without food and drink still has to be told because it paints a much prettier picture than that of AK accusing an innocent man of murder in under 2 hours of questioning. Which she then went on to confirm hours later all on her own.

BBM: Good point !

:seeya: Just jumping in and adding to your post with my :twocents: . . . fwiw !

Isn't it interesting that Knox claims she was "abused" when she was at the police station that night -- BUT no SIMILAR claim from Rafaelle that he was "abused" when he was right there in the police station also.

Now don't get me wrong, Rafaelle has whined and whined just like Knox ...

But I do not recall any statements from Raf that he was denied food and water ... oh, and "hit on the head" ...

Besides, Knox was not called into the police station that night -- it was Rafaelle who was called by LE to go to the police station -- Knox accompanied Raf there for OBVIOUS reasons ...

:moo:

I have found her to be incredibly authentic and sincere. But we're all entitled to our own opinions and we won't always agree. I don't think she uses big words - I think she talks like a pretty normal, intelligent person.

Normal people do not write a college essay about raping someone.

The burglarg was staged later. The window that was broken was impossible to reach from the outside without a ladder (there was no ladder), not to mention the broken glass was ON TOP of the items that had been thrown around to make the room appear ransacked. And if Guede (accepting your theory that he acted alone for a second) gained entry through the front door with the bad lock, why would he have felt the need to stage a burglary?

Sorry, but that just isn't true. The window was easily reached using the bars on the window below. Also, the crime scene photos do not show the broken glass on top of items as you claim.

This case is a classic example of "investigator tunnel vision". They decided early on who was guilty, then tried to force the evidence to fit that theory. The broken window didn't fit, so they declared it must have been staged. The lack of physical evidence in the murder room didn't fit, so they declared there was a cleanup.

Wow indeed, the quote about IF amanda had gone to work, no of this would have happened...

also this quote.

Are you saying that the murder was just a coincidence?
“I’m saying this was something that unfolded between these young people. There may have been coincidences, and we’ve taken it into the reasoning. I’m aware this will be the most debatable part.”
Cassation demolished the acquittal. Will you as well?
“We are not going to mention it. We simply have to focus on the decision in the first instance (Massei) which we confirmed, on the facts.

I like how he describes they took 12 hours to deliberate in order to go over all the reports in that room again, meticulously.
Sounds very fair and thorough to me. And not a lightly made judgement but indeed, the one logical conclusion.
I really cannot wait for the raport now!

Now I have to find my true crime book about this case and start reading it again.

it's called, Murder in Italy........ really good book IMO.

Wow.

Over the years, various motives have been speculated. What idea did you yourselves form?
“We convicted and we will explain it explicitly in our reasoning. For now, I can say that up until 20:15 of that evening, these young people all had different plans, then their commitments fell through and the occasion for this to happen was created. If Amanda had gone to work, we probably wouldn’t be here.”
That is pretty much what judge Massei said in the first trial. Suddenly they had the night off and had the opportunity. Knox was supposed to go to work, and Sollecito was supposed to give a ride to a Polish student. Both were cancelled.

Actually, when politicians get involved with this type of stuff, most of the work done by their offices is incredibly tedious and totally unsung. There are much less time consuming and less noble ways for a politician to get some attention.

I don't believe writing a paragraph long press release, claiming to be keeping tabs, requires much effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

manga%2521-urbis-13-march---27-sept.-image-designed-by-tado.-logo-by-john-walsh-%2528snug-media%2529.jpg
link

Why would his university care if he was into what you describe ?

I'm still confused by what it is in his background that's supposed to be sexually related and relevant.

Sorry, but that just isn't true. The window was easily reached using the bars on the window below. Also, the crime scene photos do not show the broken glass on top of items as you claim.

This case is a classic example of "investigator tunnel vision". They decided early on who was guilty, then tried to force the evidence to fit that theory. The broken window didn't fit, so they declared it must have been staged. The lack of physical evidence in the murder room didn't fit, so they declared there was a cleanup.

Staging doesn't just refer to faking a break in.
Staging refers to anytime a CRIME SCENE is altered deliberately.
If all surfaces are wiped clean..if bodies are moved, if a shooting is made to look like a suicide, are examples.
Staging by removing evidence or the deliberately leaving of some to point away from what actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member