Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't even know if the rent was paid for November. We know it was not paid at the time of the murder and we know that AK and FR had a conversion with each other and that FR was speaking to her lawyer about getting out of the rental contract.

What I am suspicious of is Rudy. His DNA was on Meredith's purse, he went out partying afterwards, then somehow purchased a train ticket to Germany.

And according to Kokomani's testimony, Rudy tried to pay him the exact amount stolen from Meredith to borrow his car the night of the murder. Amanda, conversely, had roughly four grand in her account and no need to steal anyone's money. Stealing is a last resort, and an extremely risky decision.
Now, someone who was known to be in need of money (Rudy), had a history of being involved in breaking and enterings (Rudy), whose DNA is on the purse of the victim (Rudy), and who then offers their friend the same sum of money stolen (Rudy)... well, for that person, it wouldn't seem unusual at all.

I don't agree. Neither were reasonable IMO. She was at the cottage earlier in the day, was 'planning' to spend the night at RS's (as she had done for most of the previous week), was planning a trip to Gubio the next morning, etc... I believe saving the battery is not valid. Why no saving battery previously? Why this certain evening? Did RS NOT have his charger TOO???

Why is the argument they did not turn off their phones- then not at the same time (7 minutes difference)- then to save batteries- then to not be disturbed... which one was it?

Do you believe she didn't know how to delete sent messages???

Your theory regarding the phones goes both ways. If they didn't want to be "disturbed" while pranking* Meredith, they could have ignored or silenced their phones in that case instead of turning them off. Turning off or silencing one's phone is an arbitrary decision, depending on the person's personal preference. The only thing that would have made sense in a guilty scenario would be what Chris has said... That if they were concerned about their cell phones casting suspicion, they would have left them on and at Raf's so tracing the activity would have given them an alibi.

* Not sure what your theory is, so I'm assuming you think they turned their phones off to "prank" Meredith. If not, please clarify. Thanks, Fred.

BTW, I have no doubt that if the cell phones had been left on and they pinged at Raf's place, that the argument would be that it was deliberately done to give themselves an alibi.

His prints were on her purse, but like he picked it up and placed it on her bed. I believe Meredith was using her other bag that evening... not the purse with the prints.

I believe his traces were on the zipper. If so, that's an odd way to pick up a purse.

Yes, he went to a club. How much was the entry fee?
How much was a ticket on a train to Germany... if he bought one?

That still does not answer the question of 'suspicious' bank records/activity... why is that? The figures are right there, is that normal activity both before and after the murder of Meredith when there is 434$ missing from Meredith's room. Why withdraw361.54$ then turn around and deposit 562.00$. Remember the 215 E found on AK at arrest also.

The money Rudy possibly stole would not have lasted very long by the time he made the Skype call to his friend, regardless of the train ticket. Food and lodging would have cost him every day he was on the lam, which I believe was approximately 10 days - give or take.

Rose,

If AK had 215 E on her at arrest, made a cash withdrawal during the murder time period of $361.54 (@250 E), made a CC purchase of $62.18 (@43 E) and finally made a CASH DEPOSIT of $562 (@ 389.69 E)...

Where did the extra money come from for the deposit?
Why make the withdrawal of 250 E... then deposit 389 E ???
Why deposit anything if have plenty in acccount?

The rent was 300 E (434$) for each girl, and Meredith's money was missing.

Do you find this at all suspicious?

I think the main problem with this whole rent money thing (aside from the fact that AK was in no need of money) is that it confuses too many motives. Was it a prank or did she steal money and they got in to a fight? To think that AK decided to steal money from her roommate, then decide it was also a good idea to scare the **** out of her with a deadly prank, and on top of it all somehow involve Rudy to score drugs is just inexplicable. Although I'd love to hear a concise theory involving all these elements.

Malkmus,

You raise some good points. In addition, I have a hard time understanding how (if Amanda had this expensive drug habit) she also had so much money to deposit. With respect to (14) in the original list that dgfred provided, there is a supposed call between Amanda and a drug dealer. This appeared in a newspaper (not in court--which had access to Amanda's phone records), and one whose track record does not inspire confidence. I think it deserves zero credibility, and I don't say that very often.

dgfred,

I seem to have overlooked a response of yours at 10:27 AM to some of my questions. I will have a look shortly.

OK:

1. Extra allelles change nothing in my regard for it and the other evidence.
2. Confirmatory testing is sometimes needed... but not in this instance.
3. Yes, fruit juice and other items react with luminol.
4. TMB was negative due to dillution from cleaning/wiping with water/etc.
5. Collection methods were just fine considering the circumstances of an accused trying to muck up the crimescene with boogies and staging.
6. Who's biological matter... I bet AK wishes they would have messed up those BARE footprints some more. Why would RG remove his shoes and leave both BARE prints in blood as well as in shoes?
7. V & L change nothing of my perspective which is Murdered Innocent Abroad instead of Accused Innocent Abroad which seems to be the 'hope'.
8. No, both AK and RS have zero alibi for the night of the murder... even they 'don't remember' what they did or what time they ate supper. He may have had fish blood on his hands/he may have put the knife in her hand as she slept/she may have left the apt/he may have had a water spill/they might have have sex/they may have smoked ONE joint/they may have not turned off their phones/he may have previously 'pricked' Meredith on accident/they may have done some other stuff... but I don't think so.
9. Sure, more computer experts wouldn't mean 'a hill of beans' as far as their alibi... because there isn't any. Don't you find it odd that the search would need to be so extensive IF he was actually crusing the net all night???
Dgfred,
1. How did the extra allele get there? If it arrived in a way that is unrelated to the murder, how can one draw a different conclusion about the rest of the DNA in this sample? Are you saying that the extra alleles in the bra clasp DNA are also unimportant? If so, please explain.
2. This is an example of special pleading.
3. How do you rule out these other items in this case?
4. The published values of sensitivity for TMB and luminol both vary somewhat. For argument’s sake (but I will use reasonable numbers), consider the case in which luminol is sensitive to a dilultion of 1 to 100,000 and luminol to dilutions of 1 to 1,000,000. Your argument amounts to a claim that every time the luminol is positive but the TMB is not, we are a narrow range of dilutions. Moreover, it ignores the decrease in light intensity when highly dilute blood reacts with luminol relative to less dilute samples. From the Hellmann report: “Dr. Stefanoni herself, moreover, clarified (preliminary hearing of October 4 2008) that, while a positive test result could be deceptive due to reactivity of the chemical [evidenziatore] with other substances, a negative result gives certainty that no blood is present.”
5. Your answer is a deflection. My question concerned whether or not the police use good collection technique.
6. Either Meredith’s or Amanda’s or both.
7. So when two forensic scientists, one of whom was tapped to serve on a White House committee, are unpersuaded by the evidence, your answer is apparently that your “common sense” trumps their knowledge and experience. OK, so be it.
8. Your answer is more deflection; it completely fails to answer the question I asked. Moreover, it is a misleading description. Both Amanda and Raffaele agree broadly on what they did, but their recollections of the times may well be different. They are each other’s alibi. If the police had not reaccessed the Stardust file, there might be more corroboration.
9. I am not sure what you mean when you speak of surfing (cruising) the net. That is not what Raffaele said he did in front of Judge Matteini. He did talk about the broken pipe underneath the sink. I wonder whether you are taking Raffaele’s 5 November statement as his alibi. I am going by what he said to Judge Matteini and what he has maintained since.

Malkmus,

You raise some good points. In addition, I have a hard time understanding how (if Amanda had this expensive drug habit) she also had so much money to deposit. With respect to (14) in the original list that dgfred provided, there is a supposed call between Amanda and a drug dealer. This appeared in a newspaper (not in court--which had access to Amanda's phone records), and one whose track record does not inspire confidence. I think it deserves zero credibility, and I don't say that very often.

dgfred,

I seem to have overlooked a response of yours at 10:27 AM to some of my questions. I will have a look shortly.

My opinion on the drug dealer phone call is this: I think it's entirely likely that Amanda met a lot of people whom she gave her number that she wasn't closely acquainted with. And that one of these people may have also been a drug dealer without her knowledge of it, or maybe she did know. Heck, the guys downstairs could have been selling what they were growing too. So how many people that she had befriended in Perugia happened to call her before and after the murder (especially after the murder)? And how many of them happened to deal on the side, whether everyone knew it or not? So, yeah, somebody probably called her who happened to deal drugs. The call could have been about anything. I happen to have a friend that I contact once in a blue moon to hang out with. I happen to know from a mutual friend that this person occasionally sells marijuana. Have I ever "done business" with him? Nope. And never will. Will we continue to be friends without discussing that aspect of his life? Yes.

14. A guy is charged for cocaine dealings around Perugia after his phone is contacted BOTH shortly before and shortly after the murder (wasn't she arrested on the night of the 5th) by AK. He first comes under suspicion after investigators find this on her phone.

I would rate this one as a complete fabrication. Amanda's phone records show no such call. The press also reported that Amanda called Rudy Guede around the time the body was discovered, another fabrication.

BTW - There was a drug dealer associated with this crime. Hekuran Kokomani, the strange Albanian prosecution witness who claimed to have defended himself by throwing olives at Raffaele and Amanda, was arrested for having 8 grams of cocaine on Feb. 15, 2009.

I would rate this one as a complete fabrication. Amanda's phone records show no such call. The press also reported that Amanda called Rudy Guede around the time the body was discovered, another fabrication.

I think even Michael at PMF said to take this with a grain of salt when it was first announced. Given that there was never any follow-up to it, nor any names attributed to it other than Amanda, I think he and you are correct.

I don't agree. Neither were reasonable IMO. She was at the cottage earlier in the day, was 'planning' to spend the night at RS's (as she had done for most of the previous week), was planning a trip to Gubio the next morning, etc... I believe saving the battery is not valid. Why no saving battery previously? Why this certain evening? Did RS NOT have his charger TOO???

Why is the argument they did not turn off their phones- then not at the same time (7 minutes difference)- then to save batteries- then to not be disturbed... which one was it?

Do you believe she didn't know how to delete sent messages???
dgfred,

There is no evidence whatsoever that they turned off their cell phones within 7 minutes of each other. Raffaele may have turned his off later in the evening, and he might have done so because he did not want to be disturbed, but that is just my speculation. I am under the impression that not all cell phone rechargers are interchangeable, but I not sure. Perhaps Amanda's main reason was that she did not want to be called back into work, but I am not sure.

My cell phone gives me the option of deleting messages that are sent to me, but I could not tell you offhand how to delete sent messages, probably because I don't send all that many. So, my answer is that it is very believable for a person such as myself.

A tennis match sounds like fun. I am hoping you have a chance to answer some of my questions then. Here are some more:
10. What was Meredith's TOD, and how did you arrive at this conclusion?
11. If Lumumba's changing his SIM card shortly after the murder is just a coincidence, then how does one rule out coincidence with respect to when Amanda turned off her cell phone.

Yay... we won!

Regarding the money the question was... why the cash withdrawal then the even larger deposit? The figures are right there to look over, no matter that there is no logical explanation for it. Nobody is/has ever claimed it was because of AK being broke.

10. I think the time of death was somewhere between 10:00pm and 11:30pm.
I arrived at this conclusion from my looking/thinking over the evidence, AK's lie about their dinner, lack of alibi for this time period, witnesses identification at the crime scene, etc.
Since TOD can not be narrowed down except to within a few hours... this argument is not relevant to me regarding the guilt of AK/RS. I would rather debate other stuff.

11. Coincidences are fine. In fact the argument is not that there is one, a couple, or a few coincidences regarding AK/RS guilt... but in fact A WHOLE PILE OF THEM. That is why the Jason Young case is so interesting to me... there are a pile of them against him too pointing to him as the only possible murderer. No concrete evidence, but many coincidences with his past behavior and actions during the time frame of the murder. Just about every argument used to poo-poo away guilty-looking actions by AK can also be done for JY's actions. Interesting it is not for the most part. How about a FriendsOfJasonYoung grass-roots movement?

Yay... we won!

Regarding the money the question was... why the cash withdrawal then the even larger deposit? The figures are right there to look over, no matter that there is no logical explanation for it. Nobody is/has ever claimed it was because of AK being broke.

Still too many questions for the money issue to mean something to me, in addition to not having the bank statements. I am still wondering if the rent had been paid. Dan O posted a link showing the maximum withdrawal was 250 per day, and AK confirmed this in her testimony that she sometimes had to make separate withdrawals. If she only had a few hundred she needed more to pay the rent, especially if she didn't get expected pay from Patrick. If she didn't then pay the rent she would have a large chunk of cash she was just carrying around and it would make sense to put the amount need for the rent back into the bank.

Let me throw these questions out to the board. First, does anyone have a solid cite that the rent for November was paid, including who paid MK's share and was that split between the three. Second, does anyone have a cite that says Patrick never did pay her before her arrest, in the days after the murder and before her arrest? Did he pay her with cash or check? Third, seeing her statements might show a pattern of deposits or money sent from home. About the time rent is due would be a good time for this. Does anyone have this information?

Finally, would you pay the rent for the next month if you were told you couldn't live there due to an ongoing murder investigation that might keep you out for months? Would you try to talk to the leasing company and then a lawyer first? Would you want to save that money for a deposit/first month's rent on a new place if that worked out?

For me, just too many questions and not enough answers to make this suspicious. Right now, I consider it pure speculation.

Since the original bank/ATM transactions come from Charlie, he posted them on JREF, he has all the case information (he claimed)... he might be the best one to ask instead of this board. :waitasec:

Still going to be difficult to explain withdrawing 250 E cash- depositing 389.69 E cash- and still having 215 E cash on her at arrest IMO.

I don't think her pay from Patrick for a couple of nights a week would make that kind of difference even if she was paid. Also they only met on the 5th, after these transactions were made. One of the other rentors testified that
when discussion the upcoming rent (IIRC on the 30th or 31st) AK said she had not been paid by Patrick, thus insinuating she didn't have her part of the rent money yet. Meredith had hers ready. How would RG know about any money hid in drawers??? Why would he mention a 'row' between AK and Meredith over money being missing???

Since the original bank/ATM transactions come from Charlie, he posted them on JREF, he has all the case information (he claimed)... he might be the best one to ask instead of this board. :waitasec:

Still going to be difficult to explain withdrawing 250 E cash- depositing 389.69 E cash- and still having 215 E cash on her at arrest IMO.

I don't think her pay from Patrick for a couple of nights a week would make that kind of difference even if she was paid. Also they only met on the 5th, after these transactions were made. One of the other rentors testified that
when discussion the upcoming rent (IIRC on the 30th or 31st) AK said she had not been paid by Patrick, thus insinuating she didn't have her part of the rent money yet. Meredith had hers ready. How would RG know about any money hid in drawers??? Why would he mention a 'row' between AK and Meredith over money being missing???

How much she had in hand before her 250 withdrawal is important as well, it could have been her last pay from Patrick the previous week, or tips, or an earlier withdrawal. She did indicate she got charged every time she used the ATM so she would normally withdraw the max so she would not have to keep going back and getting charged for small amounts.

The main thing is that the suspicion belongs on Rudy, based on no job, yet he had money right after the murder. Laura's drawer was open as well. Somebody was looking in there. Did she keep her money in her drawer? Did she have anything stolen?

How much she had in hand before her 250 withdrawal is important as well, it could have been her last pay from Patrick the previous week, or tips, or an earlier withdrawal. She did indicate she got charged every time she used the ATM so she would normally withdraw the max so she would not have to keep going back and getting charged for small amounts.

The main thing is that the suspicion belongs on Rudy, based on no job, yet he had money right after the murder. Laura's drawer was open as well. Somebody was looking in there. Did she keep her money in her drawer? Did she have anything stolen?

Why would she withdraw the 250 E, then turn around and deposit 389.69 E...
It is not so much the withdrawal but the deposit IMO.

What money did RG have? Laura must not have kept her money in her drawer as nothing was stolen from her room IIRC.

Still... how would RG know about the money at all? Why bring it up when discussing what happened with Meredith to his friend? Interesting is it not?

Why would she withdraw the 250 E, then turn around and deposit 389.69 E...
It is not so much the withdrawal but the deposit IMO.

I think it was simply because she withdrew the money to pay rent, but it turned out the cottage became a crime scene and they'd have to move so she didn't have to pay the rest and put it back in the bank. She was talking about where she was going to move with Filomena in that 10:29 call which directly preceded the cops approaching her for the infamous interrogation session. She also got paid off by Patrick Lumumba, wasn't that meeting of theirs of the fifth as reflected in the second statement when he paid her what he owed?

No. These transactions all took place before meeting Patrick. There is also the 215 E found on her at arrest. Wonder how much all that pay was from Patrick anyway?

(snip)How would RG know about any money hid in drawers???(snip)

Thieves rummage through drawers looking for all sorts of valuables. If Rudy found money in a drawer, it doesn't mean he knew it was there. It means he got lucky. And is it possible the money was actually in her purse?

Why would he mention a 'row' between AK and Meredith over money being missing???

Because he stole it and needed an excuse.

Interesting then that AK was charged with theft... not RG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966