Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand. Knox falsely accused an innocent man of murder. Should we assume that if she had second thoughts about that whopper lie at some later date, that everything is fine and well? I don't think so. Her actions resulted in the destruction of a man's life and livelihood.

Knox told her mother about the whopper lie during a jail visit, and only then did police realize what had happened (they were recording that conversation). That was the beginning of the truth about what Knox truly did to Patrick.
False. This conversation happened days after the Second Memoriale. Please do not try to rewrite history.

Knox professed to want nothing more than to go home, get married and have a family ... now that she is home, I recently heard that she was living in some sort of rundown transient neighborhood. Any thoughts on that weird disconnect?

Your version of events may well be what the police claimed, but it is radically at odds with Raffaele's book. In addition, you are ignoring Dr. Giobbi's testimony that he said he was mathematically sure he said words to the effect, "Bring them both in." Therefore, if Amanda had not come in, she would have been summoned. Based on the information that Malkmus and I provided, I conclude that his status should have changed no later than the afternoon of 5 November, perhaps sooner. Your mileage may vary.

... at odds with a story written by a man that was once convicted of murdering a British student? Really? Why should I believe anything that comes from a known liar? This is the same man that told a whopper lie about Meredith having dinner at his house where he playfully pricked her with the knife ... and that's how Meredith's blood got on his knife. It's always a good idea to consider the source ... Sollecito has a reputation for rubbish and fiction, not truth and fact.

Oh ... I get it ... this is all about finding some way to accuse the Italians of not providing Knox and Sollecito with lawyers before investigators had confirmation that they may be suspects. Those bad Italians!

I don't really understand. Knox falsely accused an innocent man of murder. Should we assume that if she had second thoughts about that whopper lie at some later date, that everything is fine and well? I don't think so. Her actions resulted in the destruction of a man's life and livelihood.

Knox told her mother about the whopper lie during a jail visit, and only then did police realize what had happened (they were recording that conversation). That was the beginning of the truth about what Knox truly did to Patrick.

Watching Frontline: The Confessions should give you some insight into how this happened. The techniques used on the four sailors who falsely confessed were the same techniques used on Amanda Knox. It's a process of isolating a suspect, breaking down resistance, feeding them false information, getting them to question their own memory and then asking them to imagine what may have happened.

False. This conversation happened days after the Second Memoriale. Please do not try to rewrite history.

What is a memoriale?

What conversation? Knox did not sit down with the prosecutor at any time and tell him that she told whopper lies about Patrick. Patrick's alibi is what actually cleared his name ... not Knox. He'd probably still be rotting in jail if we had to wait for Knox to tell the truth.

Watching Frontline: The Confessions should give you some insight into how this happened. The techniques used on the four sailors who falsely confessed were the same techniques used on Amanda Knox. It's a process of isolating a suspect, breaking down resistance, feeding them false information, getting them to question their own memory and then asking them to imagine what may have happened.

Were these sailors in Perugia?

How was Knox broken down between 11 and 12:30? I'm guessing that she was asked some tough questions. She should have been prepared for that after talking rubbish during a murder investigation.

Regarding police being less than truthful with witnesses ... that's part of the job. It should be expected.

What is a memoriale?

What conversation? Knox did not sit down with the prosecutor at any time and tell him that she told whopper lies about Patrick. Patrick's alibi is what actually cleared his name ... not Knox. He'd probably still be rotting in jail if we had to wait for Knox to tell the truth.
If you are unwilling to educate yourself about the case, there is no point in engaging with you. Google is your friend.

Probably not, but I raised the question of whether Knox could have joined Meredith's friends at the Memorial service and stayed with one of them ... since she was so tired and couldn't stay at her own place.

Clearly Meredith's friends attended the Memorial service ... who else would have arranged the Memorial ... her enemies? I don't understand any remarks about Meredith's friends not attending the Memorial.

According to her friend, Monique Rivalland, "...As we turned into Piazza IV Novembre we saw a vigil taking place. The stone steps in the square were carpeted with flickering candles and pictures of Meredith and the sounds of revelry had been replaced by a sombre silence. We left in shock. We were involved in the tragedy, at least emotionally. It felt bizarre to see so many strangers mourning the loss of our friend."

ARTICLE LINK

As far as I know Amanda has never said why she did not attend the vigil. I certainly have not read any source stating it was because she was too tired. Please let me know where you are getting that information from so I can read it.

Monique clearly did not even know there was a vigil until she accidentally stumbled across it. Perhaps it was not advertised very well. According to her, she felt it was too bizarre to see the many strangers mourning Meredith. Perhaps Amanda felt similarly.

If you are unwilling to educate yourself about the case, there is no point in engaging with you. Google is your friend.

I've been following this case since November 2007. I am, however, not particularly interested in what the suspects have to say, because they both have reputations for talking rubbish. I also know the facts surrounding Patrick's release from prison ... he produced an alibi and then he was released. Knox did not meet with the prosecutor to tell the truth ... it's all in the court transcripts.

According to her friend, Monique Rivalland, "...As we turned into Piazza IV Novembre we saw a vigil taking place. The stone steps in the square were carpeted with flickering candles and pictures of Meredith and the sounds of revelry had been replaced by a sombre silence. We left in shock. We were involved in the tragedy, at least emotionally. It felt bizarre to see so many strangers mourning the loss of our friend."

ARTICLE LINK

As far as I know Amanda has never said why she did not attend the vigil. I certainly have not read any source stating it was because she was too tired. Please let me know where you are getting that information from so I can read it.

Monique clearly did not even know there was a vigil until she accidentally stumbled across it. Perhaps it was not advertised very well. According to her, she felt it was too bizarre to see the many strangers mourning Meredith. Perhaps Amanda felt similarly.

I know that one source claims that Knox and Sollecito walked by the memorial before, or after, they had pizza with Sollecito's friends ... not sure it that's true since it would have to come from the pair - whom we know to be unreliable when it comes to truth.

I don't buy the bit about Knox being so tired that she had to lie during the murder investigation. She had ample opportunity to rest by simply checking into a hotel and sleeping until she was prepared to deal with the aftermath of the murder. I can't think of any reason why she would choose to lie to investigators after talking with them for about an hour.

Were these sailors in Perugia?

How was Knox broken down between 11 and 12:30? I'm guessing that she was asked some tough questions. She should have been prepared for that after talking rubbish during a murder investigation.

Regarding police being less than truthful with witnesses ... that's part of the job. It should be expected.

It's clear from this post that you didn't bother watching the Frontline episode.

It's clear from this post that you didn't bother watching the Frontline episode.

I didn't. I don't believe that, in approximately an hour, Knox was coerced into accusing an innocent man of murder. I don't believe any of her excuses because they don't make sense. Even if she was coerced, she had ample opportunity to hire a lawyer, arrange for a meeting with investigators, and admit what she did ... but she didn't do that. Nothing that she did supports the claim that she accidentally lied.

That is the problem ... Knox stated that Patrick was guilty, therefore she had to be there at the time of the murder.

You could say you believed Mitt Romney murdered someone but that doesn't mean you had to have been present at the murder to say he did it. Reread what you wrote and think it through; it makes no sense

Since she was not soooooo tired that she wanted to sleep when she had every opportunity to sleep ... why would she accuse an innocent man of murder shortly after the police asked her about the night of the murder? Why did she and Raffaele lie to the police during a murder investigation? I sure hope the aspiring author explains this in her autobiography ... that's one thing that, without further explanation, speaks to skewed values.

We've been through this. The police knew Patrick sent her a text telling her she didn't have to come to work. They knew she responded with "Okay, see you later" but she used the Italian phrase intimating a set appointment. The police thought she and Patrick had a meeting later that night. It was not Amanda who brought up Patrick's name out of thin air. It was the police who suspected the 2 of them were meeting later that night to do something.

With all due respect, you really should know more about the case before you publically deem someone guilty of such a crime.

I know that one source claims that Knox and Sollecito walked by the memorial before, or after, they had pizza with Sollecito's friends ... not sure it that's true since it would have to come from the pair - whom we know to be unreliable when it comes to truth.

I don't buy the bit about Knox being so tired that she had to lie during the murder investigation. She had ample opportunity to rest by simply checking into a hotel and sleeping until she was prepared to deal with the aftermath of the murder. I can't think of any reason why she would choose to lie to investigators after talking with them for about an hour.

I do not know where you are getting that she was so tired from, but it seems to be an important issue to you. She had no place to live, no clothes, no documents, none of her things. They were all sealed off in a crime scene. She was in a foreign country where she did not know the language all that well. She had classes and homework and her flatmate had just been brutally murdered. Additionally, this was not the first time she had spoken to the police, she had been in and out of there speaking to them for several days. She was also at the police station during the hours they interrogated Raffaele. I don't think it is unreasonable for her to have been tired, whatever that has to do with anything. Honestly, with everything that was happening, she should have been both tired and stressed out.

I do not know where you are getting that she was so tired from, but it seems to be an important issue to you. She had no place to live, no clothes, no documents, none of her things. They were all sealed off in a crime scene. She was in a foreign country where she did not know the language all that well. She had classes and homework and her flatmate had just been brutally murdered. Additionally, this was not the first time she had spoken to the police, she had been in and out of there speaking to them for several days. She was also at the police station during the hours they interrogated Raffaele. I don't think it is unreasonable for her to have been tired, whatever that has to do with anything. Honestly, with everything that was happening, she should have been both tired and stressed out.

Regarding "tired":

What's wrong with police beginning their questioning of a witness at 11 PM if that witness voluntarily presents herself to police at that time of night?

Your point about overlooking confessions is unrelated to what I implied. Most of us get tired in the wee hours of the night and are less able to think coherently.
<snipped for emphasis>

Regarding a place to stay, her roommates and the boys that lived downstairs made arrangements to get their things ... Knox should have made different choices (separate from Sollecito for a while) and done the same thing. I'm sure the school work could have waited while she sorted out her accommodation. Rumor is that she had plenty of money ... $4000 ... surely this was a situation that warranted spending a bit of that on a hotel room while she regrouped. There is no excuse for Knox couch surfing at Sollecito's apartment ... unless there was some reason that they didn't want to be separated. Knox and Sollecito were not the only people being questioned for the murder ... so, if the questioning was so brutal, why didn't they all confess, or implicate innocent people?

I didn't. I don't believe that, in approximately an hour, Knox was coerced into accusing an innocent man of murder. I don't believe any of her excuses because they don't make sense. Even if she was coerced, she had ample opportunity to hire a lawyer, arrange for a meeting with investigators, and admit what she did ... but she didn't do that. Nothing that she did supports the claim that she accidentally lied.

If you watch the Frontline episode, perhaps you will understand. Amanda's confession was not an accident, it was extracted from her using techniques that are known to produce false confessions and statements.

Modern police technique is to follow the evidence to a suspect. The evidence in this case leads straight to Rudy Guede. Traditional technique is to choose a suspect and extract a confession. Unfortunately, Italy still has a tendency to fall back on that tradition.

We've been through this. The police knew Patrick sent her a text telling her she didn't have to come to work. They knew she responded with "Okay, see you later" but she used the Italian phrase intimating a set appointment.

The actual text message sent by Amanda was "Ci vediamo piu tardi. Buona serata" or "see you later, good night" in English. It wasn't confusing in either language. In her so called "confession" it was stated as "Ho riposto al messaggio dicendogli che ci saremmo visti subito" or "I replied to his message saying I would see him immediately".

If you watch the Frontline episode, perhaps you will understand. Amanda's confession was not an accident, it was extracted from her using techniques that are known to produce false confessions and statements.

Modern police technique is to follow the evidence to a suspect. The evidence in this case leads straight to Rudy Guede. Traditional technique is to choose a suspect and extract a confession. Unfortunately, Italy still has a tendency to fall back on that tradition.

How often to people fall victim to these procedures after an hour?

I thought that the evidence led straight to Knox, particularly since the window appeared to be broken after the room was ransacked ... that is what police believed upon examining the scene.

The actual text message sent by Amanda was "Ci vediamo piu tardi. Buona serata" or "see you later, good night" in English. It wasn't confusing in either language. In her so called "confession" it was stated as "Ho riposto al messaggio dicendogli che ci saremmo visti subito" or "I replied to his message saying I would see him immediately".

How does a discussion about a phone message go to accusations of murder against an innocent man in under an hour ... all the while working with a translator ... meaning everything has to be said twice?

How does a discussion about a phone message go to accusations of murder against an innocent man in under an hour ... all the while working with a translator ... meaning everything has to be said twice?

You said you've been following this since 2007 yet still don't know the times of what happend on Nov 5/6 ??? 10.45pm to 1.30am is not 1 hour.

Why do you think neither of the statements contain any infomation about the crime itself?. Where is the detailed infomation in the statements that any investigator would want to get out of a suspect if the person has just admitted to being at the crime scene and witnessed the murder? Asides from not recording the interrorigations (if you can believe that), they didn't even take notes of the interview to show each Q&A.

I wonder what they were doing to her to make her scream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy