Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He told her when they met that he wanted a contract marriage to avoid prison in Italy. Initially, she must have agreed because she met his banker and read the contract. Clearly, she did not want to sign the contract, so that should have been the end of it. At the end of December, she's is behaving like a lunatic because he's dating someone else. The next thing is that she's selling her story to a tabloid.

If she believed that he is innocent, she wouldn't see any need to help him avoid prison in Italy.

Unless she was completely in it for the money(which in my opinion she was) and did not care either way if he was innocent or guilty.

You know what really annoys me!
Every time I read Amanda claim she was wrongly imprisoned.
Talk about rewriting history!
She did LIE and send an innocent man to prison. How conveniently she forgets that fact as do her supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you know what really annoys me!
Every time i read amanda claim she was wrongly imprisoned.
She did lie and send an innocent man to prison. How conveniently she forgets that fact as do her supporters.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

so true!!!

Unless she was completely in it for the money(which in my opinion she was) and did not care either way if he was innocent or guilty.

I completely agree. I was half way through the texts when it seemed obvious that she was gathering information to make her tabloid story more sellable. I wonder when she first contacted the tabloid.

She did LIE and send an innocent man to prison. How conveniently she forgets that fact as do her supporters.

Knox was very correctly imprisoned for falsely accusing a man of murder and then confirming that accusation in two subsequent written statements, but she seems to have a loyal following that are willing to overlook this fact.

I completely agree. I was half way through the texts when it seemed obvious that she was gathering information to make her tabloid story more sellable. I wonder when she first contacted the tabloid.

What does stick out... is his willingness to manufacture lies for his own benefit. That's a trait that comes in handy...when committing a crime and one he shares with his co-defendant Knox.

What does stick out... is his willingness to manufacture lies for his own benefit. That's a trait that comes in handy...when committing a crime and one he shares with his co-defendant Knox.

Sollecito lied to cover his tracks, but he also lied to cover his co-defendant. It was on November 5, 2007, that he admitted lying on Knox's behalf.

"Sollecito reportedly told police in an interview that he wanted to change his story." ...

"He said she got up the next morning and went home for a shower at around 10.30am."

He said: "When she went off Amanda took an empty plastic bag, telling me it was for dirty washing. She came back around half past eleven and I remember she changed her clothes." ...

He said: "In my previous statement I told a load of rubbish because Amanda had convinced me of her version of the facts and I didn't think about the inconsistencies."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1568640/Suspect-statements-in-Kercher-murder-case.html

BBM This is another coincidence that is difficult for me to believe. AK and RS somehow staged a crime scene that was identical to the way that RG broke into the last place he robbed?

Actually, Knox and Sollecito did not stage a crime scene that was identical to the way that Guede broke into the last place he robbed. What's interesting is that he could have broken into the cottage in an identical way (climb the metal grille, grab the balcony railing, hoist himself onto the balcony, break the kitchen window or the French doors), but he didn't.

Instead, he walked past the metal grille beneath the balcony and scaled the wall to open Filomina's shutters. Then he walked past the metal grille and balcony as he moved to the parking lot to throw the rock. He walked past the balcony again to scale the shear wall and climb through the broken window.

It is revealing that Guede allegedly chose such a complicated method for breaking into a building when he had so much experience with identical circumstances.

I remember reading an article stating RS was offered a reduced sentence, I guess "plea deal" was my own creative wording. It was long before RS wrote his book, though. ETA: I haven't read his book, nor Amanda's.

Otto, was RG given a reduced sentence because he offered up AK and RS? I can't believe that RG is eligible for parole this year! They can still deny his parole, correct?

Rudy Guede's sentence had nothing to do with Raffaele Sollecito and Amanda Knox. They were all given sentences of 25 years for involvement in the murder of Meredith Kercher.

In Italy, a person that is arrested must choose between an abbreviated trial and a regular trial as soon as they have a lawyer, not after the proceedings begin. People that opt for an abbreviated trial are automatically guaranteed 1/3 reduction of sentence. People that are caught, like Rudy Guede, wisely choose the abbreviated trial. Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito opted for a regular trial. An Abbreviated Trial means that the lawyer will not litigate, but will advocate for leniency. A Regular Trial means, in this case, that everything will be litigated after the appeal for leniency failed.

Rudy Guede opted for the fast track trial, and his sentence of 25 years was automatically reduced to 16 2/3. He is eligible for parole after serving half of his sentence, so after 8 1/3 years, which would be May, 2015, he would be eligible for parole. However, a recent new law allows that prisoners with good behaviour can be eligible for a reduction in years until parole. Rudy Guede is eligible for parole application as early as February, 2015 and I think release could be in May.

Sorry but your link points to something about Mr Bieber.

I've read the texts. There's nothing about Amanda there. I think you've misunderstood something.

Mr Bieber!!! :floorlaugh:

It would change my opinion about Raffaele, definitely.
Could you post a screenshot?

Why would it change your opinion about Raffaele if Amanda is who he meant? Is that your attempt at changing your mind, as long as it has nothing to do with Amanda?

I must say I can't see anything funny in an overnight unrecorded interrogation without lawyer.

In fact I think as an interrogator I'd get you to sign things in a few hours in similar circumstances without much trouble.

What, by patting her on the head and bringing her a cappuccino?

I realize the English is broken, but right before this he says, "no girl like what I'm into, nobody want this fame," so it's clear IMO that he was talking about someone who "wanted this fame" after his relationship with Knox was over, not that he was talking about their earlier relationship, when they were not yet famous.

IMO it could go either way. I am just not clear how he meant it. For example, he could be saying 'this fame' as in notoriety fame, specific to being suspects in the case, which both he and Amanda share. So he could be saying, no one would want or nobody wants this "type" of fame....only (Amanda) did but she has a mental problem. Meaning Amanda actually liked the noteriety/fame/attention.

Or.....

He could be saying that he had an ex-gf or fame-hungry girl who just wanted to be with him for the attention/"fame." Or actually liked him, but liked all the attention, too.

It is not really clear what exactly he meant, IMO.

It's my opinion that Sollecito is referring to Knox when he describes a crazy girl, affected by mental illness, that wanted fame ... a fame that he didn't want.

My only issue is, then why would he use past tense....only a crazy girl did and she has mental issues. Because they are still in this "fame"/noteriety. Unless he is saying Amanda liked it a lot in the beginning, but doesn't anymore?

I'm coming out of lurking to give my opinion about this text message since there seems to be a bit of a disagreement about its meaning. To me, it's pretty clear that RS is talking about someone wanting to date him AFTER he became "famous" (and therefore after the murder) because she wanted to gain fame from being with him. She was apparently mentally unstable (in his opinion at least) and just wanted to be able to say she was with him for the attention it would bring to her. I do not think he's referring to AK at all. In order for the text to be about AK, are you thinking that she murdered MK simply because she wanted to become famous? It makes no sense to me how the message could be construed to be about AK, even if you believe she is guilty. JMO

I can see how it can be attributed to Amanda, see my post above. I can see different ways to interpret it, IMO we just don't know who he meant.

I know for a FACT that AK was not waiting for 5hours while he was questioned. It was an hour, hour and a half at the most that she waited for him to tell his load of rubbish story and be approached by police.

RS has sat through all the testimony in court, he is an Italian speaks it fluently and they covered this whole timeline in court. So for him to ignorant of the timeline is unacceptable. Which leads me to believe he had a motive behind misleading his interviewer and the audience.

I have Ficarra arriving at 11pm and saying she saw the officers from the SCO already speaking to Amanda and the interrupter had been called. Raffaele's statement wasn't signed till 3.00-3.30am.

Do you think it's acceptable for college kids or any tourist in a foreign country to spend up to 6 years in jail all for signing a false witness statement in the middle of the night in a foreign language they didn't speak well without a lawyer present?

I don't. That's appalling any civilized country would allow that to happen.

We agree for once :)

It's an interesting site, but I have to question whether the content is objective. This is in the "about us" comments:

"Our first mission began in early 2010 when we created Injustice in Perugia (IIP), a grassroots organization that worked to secure freedom for Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, two innocent people wrongfully convicted for murder in Perugia, Italy. Both were declared innocent on appeal in October 2011 after 1427 days of wrongful imprisonment."

http://wrongfulconvictionnews.com/aboutus/

In terms of wrongful convictions, the wrongfulconvictionnews.com website does say that Knox was wrongly convicted for 1427 days, but we know that is not true. Knox was convicted of accusing an innocent man of murder. That man was thrown in prison and Knox saw him in the back of the vehicle as he was brought in for questioning, when she was being taken away to jail. The following day, she confirmed her accusation against that innocent man in writing. The next day, November 7, she confirmed her accusation in writing again. On November 10, she told her mother that she lied in her accusation, that the man she accused of murder was not there; not at the murder. The statement about the scream was not retracted at that time.

The European Human Rights Commission is not going to see a problem in the reasoning that led to the confirmation of the conviction of Amanda Knox for slander against Patrick Lumumba.

Was she sentenced to three years or four years, and after subtracting the three year slander incarceration from the 1427 days, how many days was Knox unjustly imprisoned? What's 4x365? 1460 is four years, so a month shy of four years means there were a few extra days, but that sentence is being appealed by Patrick, whose argument is that Knox accused him to disrupt the investigation ... he wants to see her sentence lengthened, or extended. I don't think his lawyer was very experienced, but he was heard.

How long was Knox unjustly imprisoned after serving her sentence for slander? A month? Eleven months, 332/1427 days, and at the time she was serving a sentence for murder, and we don't yet know whether those extra eleven months were unjust?

At best, I can only see 332/1427 days, where 1460 days represents four years, that Knox may have been unjustly incarcerated. She should pay her debt to him. It would simplify her case, which is what she should want.

We agree for once :)

Yes. I have been reading the reactions to the revelations of the woman that approaches desperate men with an offer of pretend amnesty and a US Passport. I am not blind to her talents, but there is little doubt that Kelsey and Raffaele viewed each other in terms of what they could gain from each other. It looks like it collapsed in July, but in December, Kelsey was acting like a jilted, dying woman pulling a stunt on what she perceived to be an international playboy and innocent murder defendant. I have to wonder why she attempted to rekindle the marriage contract in December when they both knew that it was dead in July. Did she suddenly become confused about what it is to be a fiancé, did she believe that two days of marriage contract discussions meant that she won the bank account, or did she have another reason for contacting the tabloid, and when was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734