Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this show trial ends in its obvious conclusion, and if the US is sufficiently stupid to extradite her, I wonder if Amanda Knox would have a case to take to the ECHR?

Italy currently has more judgements against it in that court than even Russia or Turkey. Which is not really surprising given that they convict seismologists of manslaughter for failing to predict an earthquake.

What do you think about the fact that photos of Sollecito's fingernails, taken six days after the murder, will be admitted? That defense request was granted.

It seems that photos of his hands were taken at the time of his arrest. At that time, it seems that his nails were very short.

no-- you specifically said "six days" earlier... where is a link to that?

what do i think of the bitten down nails? and the supposed six days? i think bitten down nails are not evidence of anything except bitten down nails. i keep my nails short, below my fingertips, so they are probably much like "bitten down nails". i very easily do and un-do my bra. it's a ridiculous "reaching" argument, and i wonder if that's why the court accepted it... b/c it's not real evidence of anything relating to a murder defense. (maybe it was also accepted to keep the defense happy?)... and if this picture was taken six days later, that absolutely should render it inadmissible. i don't know what the lawyer, or the court, is thinking! then again, drug-fueled sex orgy? with no evidence of drugs or that AK or RS had sex with MK or RG? lolol

You know there is evidence of her boyfriend in the room. I do understand that compared with the JonBenet case you don't trust DNA evidence

the bra clasp? that sat on the floor for 46 days? and was contaminated? is "proof" RS was in the room? okaay.

i don't trust dna evidence? i absolutely do!! i just don't trust some things Italian :)

The bra clasp was contaminated. It had DNA from about 5 or 6 different males on it, so unless you think 7 men were involved in the murder, along with Knox and Sollecito, it was contaminated.

apparently the defense lost out on requests to retest MK's cell phone and RS's computer... like i stated earlier, i believe this is b/c the court is fearful of what might be uncovered/proven. why else would they deny, deny, deny? there's is no reason to, imo.

why is this important? anyone familiar with casey anthony's trial knows that the state missed finding very important search results in the family's computer -- "foolproof suffocation". (wonder how that would've changed the verdict??!). so it's quite obvious things can get missed/read incorrectly the first time.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-casey-anthony-prosecutor-linda-drane-burdick

I'm still completely on the fence regarding this case,sometimes leaning towards innocence of Amanda and Rafael,sometimes toward guilt....but one thing I'm certain of,I do not like Amanda Knox one bit.
Does anyone know if Guede has talked about the case recently?What is he saying now regarding their involvment? Why can't he just speak the truth,he has nothing to loose?

The truth is, Italians have long since recognized the unreliability and compromised nature of their courts. At the moment, the Italian public's trust in the justice system is at an all-time low. According to a November poll by Euromedia research group, only 16 percent of Italians fully trust it

For one, they say that coerced confessions and the use of dubious forensic evidence, as might have happened in the Knox case, are way too common. "Inquiries are conducted without any reliable methods," says Roberto Malini, president of EveryOne, a nongovernmental organization that defends ethnic minorities in jail. "Tests take place solely in the laboratories of the state police. There's no independent lab, and independent observers do not have access to the police's work."

"Recently we've followed the case of Romulus Mailat, a young man accused of raping and murdering a woman in Rome," Malini says. "The prosecutors [said] the defendant had blood under his fingernails, assuming it was the victim's. Oddly enough, they didn't think of taking a DNA test. The defendant's lawyer had to ask for it. When finally the test was taken, the prosecutors claimed it was unreliable because the blood had been reportedly altered by water, and they refused to show the results." Mailat was convicted.

much more @ http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2009/12/10/can_anyone_get_a_fair_trial_in_italy?page=0,0

The bra clasp was contaminated. It had DNA from about 5 or 6 different males on it, so unless you think 7 men were involved in the murder, along with Knox and Sollecito, it was contaminated.
Sorry but this kind of unsourced misinformation is not helping anybody. There are only 2 profiles on the clasp. Meredith and Sollecito's. The defense disputes a few peaks but that doesn't mean you can just make up a bunch of other people.

Why contamination as opposed to the simple conclusion that the guy touched the bra clasp himself? The defense will have a hard time to show contamination as a possibility. The guy had only been there a few times, never in Meredith's room, and his DNA wasn't found anywhere else in the whole house.

<modsnip>
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/The_Bra_Clasp

always thought she was guilty,will be interesting to see how this goes.

Off to try and read the thread from page, 1

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

BBM: Yes, she is GUILTY !

:seeya: And nice to see ya hear, josie !

oh ok you guys just want to inform you that even if Amanda is convicted she cannot be extradited to Italy from the United States, because the US has a double jeopardy clause

:twocents: Let me give you examples of what double jeopardy is in the USA :

Example #1 : Casey Anthony was indicted, charged and tried for the murder of her daughter Caylee ... unfortunately, the jury found Casey NOT GUILTY ...

Therefore, she can never be brought to trial again for the murder of little Caylee by the State of Florida ...

She was acquitted by a jury of murder, unfortunately, end of story.

To try her for this same murder would be "double jeopardy" ...

Example #2: OJ Simpson was charged and tried for the murders of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Mr. Goldman ... unfortunately, the jury found OJ NOT GUILTY ...

Therefore, he can never be brought to trial again for the murder of Nicole and Mr. Goldman by the State of California ...

He was acquitted by a jury of murder, unfortunately, end of story.

To try him for this same murder would be "double jeopardy" ...

Knox was charged and found GUILTY of murder in Italy -- which has absolutely nothing to do with the US laws regarding "double jeopardy" ...

:twocents:

:twocents: Let me give you examples of what double jeopardy is in the USA :

Example #1 : Casey Anthony was indicted, charged and tried for the murder of her daughter Caylee ... unfortunately, the jury found Casey NOT GUILTY ...

Therefore, she can never be brought to trial again for the murder of little Caylee by the State of Florida ...

She was acquitted by a jury of murder, unfortunately, end of story.

To try her for this same murder would be "double jeopardy" ...

Example #2: OJ Simpson was charged and tried for the murders of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Mr. Goldman ... unfortunately, the jury found OJ NOT GUILTY ...

Therefore, he can never be brought to trial again for the murder of Nicole and Mr. Goldman by the State of California ...

He was acquitted by a jury of murder, unfortunately, end of story.

To try him for this same murder would be "double jeopardy" ...

Knox was charged and found GUILTY of murder in Italy -- which has absolutely nothing to do with the US laws regarding "double jeopardy" ...

Excellent explanation DGC. People keep yelling 'double jeopardy' when they hear about this retrial. :banghead:

Excellent explanation DGC. People keep yelling 'double jeopardy' when they hear about this retrial. :banghead:

:seeya: TY ... Yes, the "FOA" and "talking heads" have NO clue what they are taking about ... surprise surprise ... lol !

It's real easy to follow the system in Italy -- at least for me it is because Italy has a 3 tier court system similar to the 3 tier court system we have here in Louisiana ...

But Knox, her "fans" and her "handlers" have distorted HOW the Italian Judicial System works -- as well as have distorted HOW the US Judicial Systems works -- all for Knox's benefit ... and their interpretation is totally wrong ...

no-- you specifically said "six days" earlier... where is a link to that?

what do i think of the bitten down nails? and the supposed six days? i think bitten down nails are not evidence of anything except bitten down nails. i keep my nails short, below my fingertips, so they are probably much like "bitten down nails". i very easily do and un-do my bra. it's a ridiculous "reaching" argument, and i wonder if that's why the court accepted it... b/c it's not real evidence of anything relating to a murder defense. (maybe it was also accepted to keep the defense happy?)... and if this picture was taken six days later, that absolutely should render it inadmissible. i don't know what the lawyer, or the court, is thinking! then again, drug-fueled sex orgy? with no evidence of drugs or that AK or RS had sex with MK or RG? lolol

the bra clasp? that sat on the floor for 46 days? and was contaminated? is "proof" RS was in the room? okaay.

i don't trust dna evidence? i absolutely do!! i just don't trust some things Italian :)

Six Days: Time of Murder to Time of Photos

Meredith was murdered on November 1
Sollecito was detained for the murder on November 6
His hands were photographed at that time, six days later

"Drug fuelled sex orgy" or "Drug fuelled sexual assault"? Maybe it's a language barrier, but I think we all get it. The theory is that Meredith was murdered during a sexual assault perpetrated by three people that were admittedly out of their minds on drugs and alcohol.

I think it's rather odd that Sollecito's lawyers want to argue that his nails were too short to manipulate a bra clasp. I think everyone is curious about this particular line of reasoning, so it makes sense to allow the argument to be heard.

Jumping in here....way back when this happened I wanted Amanda Knox to be innocent of this crime. The more I read and the more Knox speaks I have come to believe she is guilty. The fact that she promised to return to Italy if she was to be retried and now is "afraid" to return to Italy is troubling. I just don't believe anything Amanda Knox says.
This rather well sums up my feelings also. I really wanted to believe, the poor picked on American in a foregn country and all that. But I just don't buy it anymore. I think she was involved.

If there was only one piece of evidence at a crime scene, and that evidence indicated seven males, then yes, it would be meaningless.

When that evidence is included with the rest of the evidence, then Sollecito's DNA is the one that counts.

I was very happy to see Mr. Patrick Lumumba at the courthouse yesterday ...

:twocents: Amanda RUINED this man's life and business when she accused this INNOCENT MAN of Meredith's murder ... she needs to make restitution immediately ...

apparently the defense lost out on requests to retest MK's cell phone and RS's computer... like i stated earlier, i believe this is b/c the court is fearful of what might be uncovered/proven. why else would they deny, deny, deny? there's is no reason to, imo.

why is this important? anyone familiar with casey anthony's trial knows that the state missed finding very important search results in the family's computer -- "foolproof suffocation". (wonder how that would've changed the verdict??!). so it's quite obvious things can get missed/read incorrectly the first time.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-casey-anthony-prosecutor-linda-drane-burdick

I think that we need to keep in mind that this is an appeal, not a new trial. Doesn't it seem reasonable that some arguments will not be reheard - especially when nothing has changed? We know that the cell phones were tested and, if I recall correctly, nothing was learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective