Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping in here....way back when this happened I wanted Amanda Knox to be innocent of this crime. The more I read and the more Knox speaks I have come to believe she is guilty. The fact that she promised to return to Italy if she was to be retried and now is "afraid" to return to Italy is troubling. I just don't believe anything Amanda Knox says.

All requests to retest evidence have been denied

interesting.

who asked for the retest? if it was the defense and it was fought/denied, this tells me that they (prosecution and/or court) are fearful of what this retesting might show. if they are secure in the knowledge that the tests were conducted correctly the first time, i don't see why this would be fought/refused... seems the witch hunt has started... again :twocents:

i wonder if the issue of denied retesting could be cause for an appeal should a conviction occur...

let's not forget, no evidence places AK in MK's bedroom, unlike RG.

a lawyer with extradition experience disgrees: from TIME 09/30/13

Even if Knox is convicted for good, Robert Anello, a New York City lawyer who has dealt with extraditions in the past, says there’s less than a fifty percent chance the American would be delivered to Italy. On paper, the U.S. does have an extradition treaty with Italy that requires the U.S. to hand over American citizens, if asked. But that’s a big if. And if the Italians were to make the request, they would face two potential hurdles, says Anello. First, the U.S. government could find legal arguments, including the previous acquittal verdict, to oppose extradition. Second, even if the U.S. agrees, Knox could try to block extradition in American courts, and “double jeopardy” could again come into play.

http://world.time.com/2013/09/30/amanda-knox-explainer-trial-begins-in-italy-for-the-third-time/

interesting.

who asked for the retest? if it was the defense and it was fought/denied, this tells me that they (prosecution and/or court) are fearful of what this retesting might show. if they are secure in the knowledge that the tests were conducted correctly the first time, i don't see why this would be fought/refused... seems the witch hunt has started... again :twocents:

i wonder if the issue of denied retesting could be cause for an appeal should a conviction occur...

let's not forget, no evidence places AK in MK's bedroom, unlike RG.

Both prosecution and defense requested that the DNA on the knife be examined using modern technology. Not doing this in the first appeal was considered to be an error. Even the victim's family would like the test done.

I am absolutly convinced that Amanda's "official" final version of events as provided in her testimony and her book, are Not True. But I can't think of a scenerio that would make sense of the known facts.

Could the prosecution's theory of a "sex game gone bad" be accurate?

I have considered the possibility that RS and AK somehow convinced RG to rape MK while they listened in the other room. It seemed far-fetched and why the clean-up? Whatever it was, it appears to have been planned

Any ideas?

always thought she was guilty,will be interesting to see how this goes.

Off to try and read the thread from page, 1

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Both prosecution and defense requested that the DNA on the knife be examined using modern technology. Not doing this in the first appeal was considered to be an error. Even the victim's family would like the test done.

i was talking about the tests that were fought/denied. apologies if that wasn't clear.

That's exactly what the PR team was hired to do: convince the US public that some crazy man from a backwards medieval town in Italy decided that it would be good fun to try to pin a murder charge on a sweet woman from Seattle.

Since two prosecutors were involved in the trial, are we to assume that only one was a "nut", or where they both nuts?

And the American public lapped it up as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

And the American public lapped it up as always!

for the record, i didn't "lap" anything up. no evidence places knox at the scene, unlike RG.

you and i both believe a certain jacket's fibers put PR at the crime scene (meaning: she's guilty), so why is this case different?

i was talking about the tests that were fought/denied. apologies if that wasn't clear.

Retesting the knife evidence is important because better methods for examining the LNC DNA have been developed in the last six years. There isn't a similar situation with the other evidence.

What do you think about the fact that photos of Sollecito's fingernails, taken six days after the murder, will be admitted? That defense request was granted.

Then why doesn't he come up with some precedent to prove his point? He even thinks that Italy may not request extradition. Based on what? There is no doubt that Italy would request extradition for a murderer. That is pretty much standard. Everybody is entitled to his opinion but if you can't support it with facts then it is useless.

for the record, i didn't "lap" anything up. no evidence places knox at the scene, unlike RG.

you and i both believe a certain jacket's fibers put PR at the crime scene (meaning: she's guilty), so why is this case different?

I find Amanda incredible. Like a previous poster said, the more I hear from her, the more guilty she looks.

All IMO!

Retesting the knife evidence is important because better methods for examining the LNC DNA have been developed in the last six years. There isn't a similar situation with the other evidence.

What do you think about the fact that photos of Sollecito's fingernails, taken six days after the murder, will be admitted? That defense request was granted.

there must be some reason the defense wants the other retesting done... ??

i've seen no link about nails six days later... help?

Then why doesn't he come up with some precedent to prove his point? He even thinks that Italy may not request extradition. Based on what? There is no doubt that Italy would request extradition for a murderer. That is pretty much standard. Everybody is entitled to his opinion but if you can't support it with facts then it is useless.

he might have provided more information as to why he believes what he does... but for brevity, it wasn't mentioned in the article? (we don't know what all was mentioned in the interview, do we?). maybe shoot the reporter (or even mr. anello) an email if you're interested?

support it with facts? like the fact there was no evidence of knox in the bedroom?

I find Amanda incredible. Like a previous poster said, the more I hear from her, the more guilty she looks.

you honestly don't see the double standard about the evidence?

he might have provided more information as to why he believes what he does... but for brevity, it wasn't mentioned in the article? (we don't know what all was mentioned in the interview, do we?). maybe shoot the reporter (or even mr. anello) an email if you're interested?

support it with facts? like the fact there was no evidence of knox in the bedroom?

you honestly don't see the double standard about the evidence?

I see it. I do understand what you're saying.

But I also listen to my gut instincts. Every fiber in my being screams she's a cold blooded, manipulative lair & killer. I don't like her. I don't like anything about her.

I believe the evidence proves she's a manipulative, self serving, remorseless liar....

Thanks. I think I just wait and see till the extradition request is there :) You know there is evidence of her boyfriend in the room, and I am sure you also know of all the evidence right outside the room that proves that she actually was in the room during the murder. Some people have the expectation that there must be DNA if you wave a knife around, or that DNA is all over the place if you live somewhere. It is all being exaggerated to make the 'innocent point'. It is not very realistic. Repeating over and over the PR line 'no evidence' is wrong. They are not talking about the weather in court. I do understand that compared with the JonBenet case you don't trust DNA evidence :) Even then, there is so much more than DNA evidence that all points to the involvement of the 2 accused.
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/The_Evidence

It seems that photos of his hands were taken at the time of his arrest. At that time, it seems that his nails were very short.

"... the judge agreed to allow photos of Sollecito’s hands to be submitted to the court. Sollecito’s lawyers had argued that since he bites his nails very short it would have been difficult to manage the bra clasp where his DNA was found."

Andrea Vogt - reporting from the courtroom
http://thefreelancedesk.com/front_featured/amanda-knox-appeal-2/

I see it. I do understand what you're saying.

But I also listen to my gut instincts. Every fiber in my being screams she's a cold blooded, manipulative lair & killer. I don't like her. I don't like anything about her.

I believe the evidence proves she's a manipulative, self serving, remorseless liar....

Apparently, even though Knox has received $3.8 million for her book, she still has not paid Patrick the amount ordered by the court. If she had paid that debt, the courts would have viewed her as, at the very least, having attempted to do the right thing. The failure to pay the debt gives the appearance of having no remorse as well has having no respect for the court.

"The bar owner, Diya "Patrick" Lumumba, showed up at the trial Monday, saying he did so to underline the damage he suffered from Knox's false accusations. "I say the same thing I said six years ago. I think she is guilty, and that is why she slandered me," Lumumba told reporters.

Knox's conviction for slandering Lumumba has been confirmed by the high court, but it asked the Florence appeals court to examine whether to reinstate an aggravating circumstance that Knox lied to derail the investigation and protect herself from becoming a murder suspect.

... the Florence court rejected a motion by Knox's lawyers to exclude Lumumba from the new appeals trial as a civil participant, a status that allows him to seek further damages. His lawyer says Lumumba is owed more than 103,000 euros ($139,500) in legal fees."

http://news.yahoo.com/amanda-knoxs-2nd-appeals-trial-murder-opens-085147418.html

IMO Amanda needs to do the "right" thing. By this I mean affording the family of Meridith the respect they deserve and let them grieve without inserting herself in their grieving process. It is a very private pain and she is indeed intruding.

She also needs to make reparations to Patrick who was falsely accused. Pay the 140K. The court ordered it. Pay it.

IMO immature 20 year olds lie whenever they are put in a position they don't like. Projection is common. Let me just say I have 3 children who have surpassed 20 and I have a lot of experience with this.

Is she focused so much on herself, she can't remember who she has hurt?

IMO Amanda needs to do the "right" thing. By this I mean affording the family of Meridith the respect they deserve and let them grieve without inserting herself in their grieving process. It is a very private pain and she is indeed intruding.

She also needs to make reparations to Patrick who was falsely accused. Pay the 140K. The court ordered it. Pay it.

IMO immature 20 year olds lie whenever they are put in a position they don't like. Projection is common. Let me just say I have 3 children who have surpassed 20 and I have a lot of experience with this.

"Francesco Maresca, who represents the Kerchers at the trial, said the family “bristled” when they heard the news that Knox said during a television interview that she intended to visit their daughter’s grave. “She is not welcome there,” he told The Daily Beast. “She should not go, now or ever.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...der-retrial-begins-in-florence-courtroom.html

Oh, I am sure she remembers, but she just doesn´t give a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill