Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you also be thinking "I could kill for a pizza"?

Probably not if I had actually killed someone. But it's not that shocking if you're innocent. Just a turn of phrase which would roll off the tongue without you realising. Just like a friend of mine who accidentally said 'see you later' to a blind guy.

I'm sorry, but using a set phrase is not that worrying to me.

Would you also be thinking "I could kill for a pizza"?

:seeya: Knox is a very "cold person" ... and always thinking about herself ...

Ah, remember her "infamous e-mail" ... here's her remark about "pizza" in the e-mail :

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/tjmk/C440/

" . . .
they took note of it and ussred me out. when i left the house to go back to the police station they told me to put my jacket over my head and duck down below the window so the reporters wouldnt try to talk to me. at the station i just had to repeat the answers that i had givne at the house do they could type them up and after a good 5 and a half hour day with the police again raffael picked me up and took me out for some well-deserved pizza. i was starving. i then bought some underwear because as it turns out i wont be able to leave italy for a while as well as enter my house.
. . . " [sic]

RBBM: "well-deserved" ?

Her roommate was just murdered and she is worried about food ? No problem with needing food, but it is the well-deserved pizza that is just typical of Knox's narcissistic personality, IMO ...

Cold ... just absolutely cold ...

:twocents:

"Gallows humor" is how she tries to explain herself.

"Ms. Knox tries to explain some of the unusual behavior she displayed. In one highly publicized incident, after the body of Ms. Kercher was discovered, Ms. Knox stood outside the villa and repeatedly kissed Mr. Sollecito, drawing suspicion from the police. Watching the clip later, Ms. Knox said she remembered feeling “young and scared, in need of comfort.”

“Later, people would say that our kisses were flirtatious — evidence of our guilt,” she wrote.

At the police station, while Ms. Kercher’s British friends huddled together in grief, Ms. Knox wrote that she paced the hallways, dry-eyed, slamming the heel of her palm against her forehead in anger.

“First I showed not enough emotion; then I showed too much,” she wrote. Later, a journal entry from that day, in which Ms. Knox wrote that she would “really like to say that I could kill for a pizza but it just doesn’t seem right,” would make her appear even more suspicious. In the book, she dismissed it as “gallows humor.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/19/b...ic-court-of-approval.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

This makes me even less concerned about the comment. So she didn't actually say it at the time? She realised it was not appropriate and noted the black humour.

What a fuss over nothing. JMO

Ah, remember her "infamous e-mail" ... here's her remark about "pizza" in the e-mail :

" . . .
they took note of it and ussred me out. when i left the house to go back to the police station they told me to put my jacket over my head and duck down below the window so the reporters wouldnt try to talk to me. at the station i just had to repeat the answers that i had givne at the house do they could type them up and after a good 5 and a half hour day with the police again raffael picked me up and took me out for some well-deserved pizza. i was starving. i then bought some underwear because as it turns out i wont be able to leave italy for a while as well as enter my house.
. . . " [sic]

Her roommate was just murdered and she is worried about food ? No problem with needing food, but it is the well-deserved that is just typical of Knox's narcissistic personality, IMO ...

I don't think that's cold at all. Spending 5 and a half hours with foreign police over a horrific crime and feeling you deserve something nice to eat sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I feel like this after I clean my house for an hour.

:seeya:

BBM: Yes, that was a cold statement by Amanda ... JMO, but she does not do herself any "favors" ... she does not come across as a compassionate person at all, IMO ...

What I would like to know is WHY Amanda did NOT attend the Memorial for Meredith that was held at the campus ?

WHY did Knox "distance" herself and NOT attend the Memorial for her "friend" ?

IF she was "in shock" AND "innocent", wouldn't Amanda have done anything and everything possible to help find the murderer -- as well as she would have attended the Memorial in support of her "friend" ?

Nah ... Knox was busy trying to throw the investigators off her trail and Raf's trail and Rudy's trail ...

And NOW, just days before Knox's re-try of the Appeal, she is asking the Kercher Family to give her a "chance" ?

Really ? Seriously ? The audacity of Knox continues ...

Since it was being held by the Italian roommates and their friends, I don't think it's that shocking Knox didn't attend, her level of Italian being what it was. Meredith's friends had already left, so it was an Italian speaking occasion.

I don't think that's cold at all. Spending 5 and a half hours with foreign police over a horrific crime and feeling you deserve something nice to eat sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I feel like this after I clean my house for an hour.

:seeya:

BBM: Yes, pizza is "well-deserved" after cleaning your house ... lol !

BUT it was Amanda's OWN FAULT that she was in a "foreign police station" for all those long hours ...

:waitasec: I guess it takes a while when you keep changing your "STORY" and do NOT tell the TRUTH ...

Of course, all JMO and MOO ...

Since it was being held by the Italian roommates and their friends, I don't think it's that shocking Knox didn't attend, her level of Italian being what it was. Meredith's friends had already left, so it was an Italian speaking occasion.

BBM:

:waitasec: But Knox was studying Italian so the language should not have been that "foreign" to her ...

JMO but this is NOT a "good excuse" ...

Language barrier or NO language barrier, IF Meredith was TRULY Knox's "friend," she would have been at that Memorial !

Of course, all JMO and MOO !

BBM:

:waitasec: But Knox was studying Italian so the language should not have been that "foreign" to her ...

Language barrier or NO language barrier, IF Meredith was TRULY Knox's "friend," she would have been at that Memorial !

I see what you're saying. But as a Russian student in University I had to spend a year abroad there and there is no way I would have showed up to a purely Russian affair of that nature. And that was after 2 years studying it. Knox's level of Italian was way below my level of Russian.

BBM:

What does language have anything to do with attending a friend's memorial? No words required. Just basic respect.

" . . .
. . . " [sic]

Her roommate was just murdered and she is worried about food ? No problem with needing food, but it is the well-deserved pizza that is just typical of Knox's narcissistic personality, IMO ...

Agree. Of course people can explain (excuse) away even a brutal murder so I don't expect everyone to see just how cold and callous Amanda was post-murder. She doesn't even try to act normal. It seems to be beyond her.

"Gallows humor" is how she tries to explain herself.

"Ms. Knox tries to explain some of the unusual behavior she displayed. In one highly publicized incident, after the body of Ms. Kercher was discovered, Ms. Knox stood outside the villa and repeatedly kissed Mr. Sollecito, drawing suspicion from the police. Watching the clip later, Ms. Knox said she remembered feeling “young and scared, in need of comfort.”

“Later, people would say that our kisses were flirtatious — evidence of our guilt,” she wrote.

At the police station, while Ms. Kercher’s British friends huddled together in grief, Ms. Knox wrote that she paced the hallways, dry-eyed, slamming the heel of her palm against her forehead in anger.

“First I showed not enough emotion; then I showed too much,” she wrote. Later, a journal entry from that day, in which Ms. Knox wrote that she would “really like to say that I could kill for a pizza but it just doesn’t seem right,” would make her appear even more suspicious. In the book, she dismissed it as “gallows humor.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/19/b...ic-court-of-approval.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

So lame! She couldn't act like she mourned the loss of her friend even if her life depended on it.

Probably not if I had actually killed someone. But it's not that shocking if you're innocent. Just a turn of phrase which would roll off the tongue without you realising. Just like a friend of mine who accidentally said 'see you later' to a blind guy.

I'm sorry, but using a set phrase is not that worrying to me.

Her room mate was just found brutally murdered with 43 injuries, and Knox was writing that she could "kill for a pizza". She was hungry. That strikes me as absolutely bizarre. I doubt that any of Meredith's friends were building an appetite during that ordeal.

I'm pretty sure that it was also organized by Meredith's British friends and her family. There shouldn't have been a language barrier between US English and British English. Furthermore, Perugia is a student environment filled with international students. I don't see that has having anything to do with attending a public, outdoor memorial.

What does language have anything to do with attending a friend's memorial? No words required. Just basic respect.

:rockon: Exactly !

:waitasec: Just had a thought, rose : even Jodi Arias showed up for Travis' Memorial ...

I mean the nerve of Jodi to show up at Travis' Memorial when she knew she murdered and butchered him :banghead:

But as to Knox, the "no show" at the Memorial was because Knox was unable -- and still unable to show any emotion at all for Meredith ... she was NOT Meredith's "friend" ...

JMO and MOO !

:rockon: Exactly !

:waitasec: Just had a thought, rose : even Jodi Arias showed up for Travis' Memorial ...

I mean the nerve of Jodi to show up at Travis' Memorial when she knew she murdered and butchered him :banghead:

But as to Knox, the "no show" at the Memorial was because Knox was unable -- and still unable to show any emotion at all for Meredith ... she was NOT Meredith's "friend" ...

JMO and MOO !

Yep. Amanda couldn't be bothered. And what's with her recently saying that she wants to remember Meredith for who is *IS* rather than the way in she was murdered? Say what?

Nice way of saying please forget the murder and the ones who did it and focus on something else. :banghead:

I think the dates for the upcoming re-try of the Appeal were posted here, but re-posting :

These are the dates the Florence Appeal Court is scheduled to meet.

September 30

October 4, 23, 24

November 6, 7, 25, and 26

Note to self :floorlaugh: : Remember the Time Zone differences !

I think the dates for the upcoming re-try of the Appeal were posted here, but re-posting :

These are the dates the Florence Appeal Court is scheduled to meet.

September 30

October 4, 23, 24

November 6, 7, 25, and 26

Note to self :floorlaugh: : Remember the Time Zone differences !

Thanks for this. How long will this trial last?

What's the consensus regarding Knox expressing a desire to go to Meredith's grave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee