Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Hampikian and other experts in their examination/analysis of DNA evidence can conclude that Guede alone was the attacker.

But this still leaves a lot of unanswered questions and circumstantial and inferred evidence.

I keep wondering what would have been the state of things, had Knox and Sollecito simply left for their trip that morning? (one wonders why Knox had not packed the night before, and brought along her bag for this occasion). Who would have arrived at the cottage, seen all, noticed the locked door, and phoned the police? Who would have been watching as the door was broken down? With Knox and Sollecito off in another area or en route via train, would they have been suspects? There would have been no calls to the mother in Seattle, and no calls to Filomena. The whole thing has a murky cloud hanging over it.....

Just posting these again in case anyone had forgotten them (I know I did) ;) :

COURT SCHEDULE

Next hearings :

Nov. 25: prosecution
Nov. 26: civil parties
Dec 16 : Sollecito defense
Dec. 17: Knox defense
January 9-10: Rebuttals and Deliberations

If Guide acted alone where did the bare footprint come from on the bathmat?

If all the visible blood was in Merideth's room someone had to be in there with him before the door was locked. Where are the footprints leading to the bathroom?

If Guide acted alone where did the bare footprint come from on the bathmat?

If all the visible blood was in Merideth's room someone had to be in there with him before the door was locked. Where are the footprints leading to the bathroom?

Thanks for this of course their answer will be RGs. Which is absurd it matches the dimensions of RS and curious that there are NO other bare footprints attributed to RG like there are of RS.

I understand that Hampikian and other experts in their examination/analysis of DNA evidence can conclude that Guede alone was the attacker.

But this still leaves a lot of unanswered questions and circumstantial and inferred evidence.

I keep wondering what would have been the state of things, had Knox and Sollecito simply left for their trip that morning? (one wonders why Knox had not packed the night before, and brought along her bag for this occasion). Who would have arrived at the cottage, seen all, noticed the locked door, and phoned the police? Who would have been watching as the door was broken down? With Knox and Sollecito off in another area or en route via train, would they have been suspects? There would have been no calls to the mother in Seattle, and no calls to Filomena. The whole thing has a murky cloud hanging over it.....

Yes it's too bad AK and RS felt the need to control the scene.

MichaelSmith those translations are horrible and clearly not done by a person. I will wait to read transcripts that are done by a person, some of that you posted makes no sense. Thank you though.

Knox was scheduled to work on the night of the murder. She only found out she had the night off when Lumumba sent a text message at 8:18 pm. At that time she was hanging out with Raffaele at his place. Raffaele had agreed to drive a friend to the bus station later that night. At 8:40 pm she dropped by and said she didn't need a ride. Up to that point, Amanda had not planned to spend the night with Raffaele.

If Amanda had decided to walk home and grab a bag so they could leave in the morning, she would have arrived back at the cottage around 9 pm. Depending on exactly when she arrived, Rudy could have ended up killing two young women that night.

I think most withdrew their signatures, leaving one or two.

If Hampikain is an acceptable expert that has something to offer to the trial for the murder of Meredith Kercher, why didn't he testify as a trial expert? Did the defense not value his opinion? Could he not qualify as an expert? Would his "anything is possible" statement fail to stand up in court?

Nonsense. There were two main authors of the letter and seven co-signers. I asked several of the co-signers of the letter, and their responses are found in the updates to this post. For example: Update IV, 5/6/10: In response to my query to another person who signed the letter, Simon Ford confirmed that he signed the letter and replied, “In my opinion, it is always important to review the electronic data underlying a test result, if only to confirm the integrity of the data set. In low level DNA cases such as this, in which the slightest contamination could compromise the test result, it is absolutely essential to review the electronic data for the key samples and the associated controls to check for low level contamination. I cannot think of any valid reason why the prosecutor would chose not to provide the electronic data. In my experience, forensic DNA analysts in the US are invariably happy to turn over the data to support their findings.”

The Hellmann court did not want to hear from the defense expert witnesses; instead it appointed Conti and Vecchiotti, who made the correct decision IMO not to amplify the DNA they found on the knife (it was in the low template region). Incidently, if there have been any new advances in technique between 2011 and today, the people who have claimed so should be able to identify what they are.

Thanks for this of course their answer will be RGs. Which is absurd it matches the dimensions of RS and curious that there are NO other bare footprints attributed to RG like there are of RS.
The footprint on the mat should not be used to identify anyone. It is on an uneven surface, lacks detail, and was probably made in bloody water. Under those circumstances saying that it matches anyone is dubious. Rinaldi's nonsensical story with respect to the two parallel lines he found on the pillowcase (as discussed in the Vinci report) compromise the credibility of all of his analyses IMO.

As far as the cleanup goes, wouldn't it be quite easy to remove any footprints from bare feet and simply leave the ones with shoes?

The footprint on the mat should not be used to identify anyone. It is on an uneven surface, lacks detail, and was probably made in bloody water. Under those circumstances saying that it matches anyone is dubious. Rinaldi's nonsensical story with respect to the two parallel lines he found on the pillowcase (as discussed in the Vinci report) compromise the credibility of all of his analyses IMO.

But it obviously wasn't made by someone wearing shoes was it? It didn't appear to be since they were looking at toe prints etc. JMO

Knox was scheduled to work on the night of the murder. She only found out she had the night off when Lumumba sent a text message at 8:18 pm. At that time she was hanging out with Raffaele at his place. Raffaele had agreed to drive a friend to the bus station later that night. At 8:40 pm she dropped by and said she didn't need a ride. Up to that point, Amanda had not planned to spend the night with Raffaele.
If Amanda had decided to walk home and grab a bag so they could leave in the morning, she would have arrived back at the cottage around 9 pm. Depending on exactly when she arrived, Rudy could have ended up killing two young women that night.

BBM

Why would she stay at the cottage the night before they went to Gubbio together?

"He said: "I have known Amanda for two weeks. From the night that I met her she started sleeping at my house."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1568640/Suspect-statements-in-Kercher-murder-case.html

I just posted a quote from one of the co-signers, Simon Ford. I also corresponded with Joy Halverson and Marc Taylor. I have also corresponded with Jason Gilder and Dan Krane, and both were sharply critical of the prosecution's withholding of the electronic data files. link I am sorry, but professional commitments are going to limit the amount of time I can spend on this thread for a while. However, the links I supplied should be helpful to those interested in DNA or blood forensics.

I believe that Massei rejected arguments that the bloody foot print belonged to Guede and accepted that the print was consistent with Sollecito's foot print.

But it obviously wasn't made by someone wearing shoes was it? It didn't appear to be since they were looking at toe prints etc. JMO
The person who made the print was definitely not wearing a shoe. My guess is that the killer removed his shoe as he was washing blood from his pant leg and made the print at that time. Dan O. at JREFF has written on this subject in much more detail that I could. I don't claim expertise in the area of footprint analysis, but to my untrained eye it looks a little more like Guede's toe than it looks like Sollecito's toe. Nevertheless, I would not try to match it to anyone, for the reasons that I gave, among others. Ideally, one would give the print and the reference prints to a number of experts in a blind trial.

I just posted a quote from one of the co-signers, Simon Ford. I also corresponded with Joy Halverson and Marc Taylor. I have also corresponded with Jason Gilder and Dan Krane, and both were sharply critical of the prosecution's withholding of the electronic data files. link I am sorry, but professional commitments are going to limit the amount of time I can spend on this thread for a while. However, the links I supplied should be helpful to those interested in DNA or blood forensics.

The link provided only shows Johnson's and Hampikian's signature. The link did not include the one-paragraph appendix to the open letter which was co-signed by seven additional experts in the forensic DNA field, including Dan Krane and Jason Gilder.

The link provided only shows Johnson's and Hampikian's signature. The link did not include the one-paragraph appendix to the open letter which was co-signed by seven additional experts in the forensic DNA field, including Dan Krane and Jason Gilder.
Thank you for that find, Harmony. Not that it matters, but I get the distinct feeling that Halkides and Hampikian are one and the same man. ;)

According to you none of the "experts" knew how to do their job. My word everyone working the case was incompetent except those who you agree with.

So if I understand you correctly everyone who collected, evaluated, and agreed the evidence proved guilt is wrong in some way.

Thank you for that find, Harmony. Not that it matters, but I get the distinct feeling that Halkides and Hampikian are one and the same man. ;)
Everyone knows who I am from my blog. I teach biochemistry and organic chemistry at UNC-Wilmington. Thanks for the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95