Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Knox did the bath mat boogie down the hall in the cottage with the front door unlocked (meaning the wind could blow it open at any moment) and the temperature hovering around 50 degrees to avoid leaving a few drops of water on the floor. At the same time, feces in the toilet, blood on the faucet, blood on the light switch, and a bloody foot print on the bath mat were of no concern.
So I am assuming the theory behind all this is, that Knox never took a shower at all. And the bathmat story and the noticing of smears on the faucet, and drops, etc. were all concocted later: They were a story inserted into the narrative to explain away the bathroom which had not been cleaned (due to the sudden arrival of the postal police). (not saying this is the truth, but that it is a possible truth to account for her strange story).

So I am assuming the theory behind all this is, that Knox never took a shower at all. And the bathmat story and the noticing of smears on the faucet, and drops, etc. were all concocted later: They were a story inserted into the narrative to explain away the bathroom which had not been cleaned (due to the sudden arrival of the postal police). (not saying this is the truth, but that it is a possible truth to account for her strange story).
As was discussed here previously, even Massei does not seem to believe that the postal police arrived before Raffaele called the police.

I really don't know how to understand the mind of someone that appears to be a compulsive liar. She didn't look like she had just showered and blow-dried her hair in the photos taken after noon on the day that Meredith's body was discovered. She looked puffy faced, like she hadn't slept enough, not like she just showered. A shower should have removed some of that "puffy face not enough sleep" look. Her hair looks like it dried after she showered the night before, not like it had just been blow dried.

The Postal Police arrived unexpectedly. The Carabinieri were called after the arrival of the Postal Police. Knox and Sollecito may have been in the final stages of cleaning up, but they were also waiting for Filomina, her boyfriend and their friends to arrive. Sollecito had cracked Meredith's door, so the scene was set for one of Filomina's friends to break down the door and for all six to rush into the bedroom and trample the scene, thereby muddying the timing of prints and evidence linked to Knox and Sollecito.

The bath mat boogie story is as bizarre as the mop story ... where she claims to be concerned about a kitchen floor water spill from sixteen hours earlier. Her detailed story about Sollecito cleaning her ears sounds like setting the scene for suggesting that something he did caused her piercings to bleed the following day. It all seems like she was over thinking questions that could come up, but then she blurted out her bizarre answers without being asked the questions.

As was discussed here previously, even Massei does not seem to believe that the postal police arrived before Raffaele called the police.

As was discussed here previously, we examined the times of the phone calls. The calls to Sollecito's sister and Knox's mother were made while the pair were in Knox's bedroom - with the door closed. Filomina and friends were present when that happened, and the Postal Police arrived prior to Filomina. Therefore, the Postal Police arrived first, Filomina and friends arrived second, then the culprits went to Knox's bedroom and made calls to family, then they contacted the Carabinieri.

This was examined in depth on this forum a few weeks ago.

Lots of opinions and theories!

The court concluded that the print on the bath mat was similar to Sollecito's foot print, and not similar to Guede's foot print.

Yes, it is not really an issue any longer. Except maybe on forums.

And this is where people go wrong when trying to predict whether someone they've never met is lying or not. In reality, human behaviour isn't logical and common sense ain't all that common.

As for bathmat boogies, I've done them too and they're perfectly possible with a wet mat. In fact, I don't think I've ever done one with a dry mat, for obvious reasons.

Well, you might need to add coming home to an empty house with an unlocked and open front door. I really doubt you would trounce about the house naked after just that 1 thing. But maybe you would.

Then you add the blood on the bathmat. Then you add the blood on/in the sink. Then you add the poo in the toilet. Then you add the broken window. Then you add your flatmate's door locked and she isn't around.

Alot of adding IMO. I would hope my just-turning 23 year old daughter would be more cautious.

Yes, it is not really an issue any longer. Except maybe on forums.

Quite true. It's rather curious that so many people in foreign countries have strong opinions about evidence presented in the Italian language in Italy. Still, it doesn't change the conclusions that were made in that Italian courtroom after careful consideration of all evidence and all legal arguments.

sorry, I just cannot keep the facts straight at this juncture. Nothing but conflicting accounts and determinations. :scared:

Well, you might need to add coming home to an empty house with an unlocked and open front door. I really doubt you would trounce about the house naked after just that 1 thing. But maybe you would.

Then you add the blood on the bathmat. Then you add the blood on/in the sink. Then you add the poo in the toilet. Then you add the broken window. Then you add your flatmate's door locked and she isn't around.

Alot of adding IMO. I would hope my just-turning 23 year old daughter would be more cautious.

Additionally, either Knox stripped in her bedroom and then went to the bathroom naked without a towel to take a shower, or the clothes that she was wearing were in the bathroom with her. If she was worried about a bit of water dripping - which I don't believe for a minute - she could have wiped her feet on whatever clothes she was now going to put in the laundry.

Perhaps Knox was entertained by the idea of someone being in the cottage with her while she pranced around naked. She is, after all, a very unusual woman.

sorry, I just cannot keep the facts straight at this juncture. Nothing but conflicting accounts and determinations. :scared:

The phone records are at the end of the Massei report, and IIRC, Knox states somewhere - perhaps in her email to 23 friends, that she and Sollecito phoned family from in her bedroom. Somewhere (can't say for sure where) it is documented that the calls were made in the bedroom. Filomina and friends gave statements about the pair going into the bedroom to make phone calls - with the bedroom door closed. This means that Filomina had already arrived before the calls were made. We know that the Carabinieri were contacted after the calls to family.

The phone records are at the end of the Massei report, and IIRC, Knox states somewhere - perhaps in her email to 23 friends, that she and Sollecito phoned family from in her bedroom. Somewhere (can't say for sure where) it is documented that the calls were made in the bedroom. Filomina and friends gave statements about the pair going into the bedroom to make phone calls - with the bedroom door closed. This means that Filomina had already arrived before the calls were made. We know that the Carabinieri were contacted after the calls to family.
Thanks for this clarification. Of course there is the account of the broken CCTV clock and the vagueness of Massei himself but the above goes a long way toward cutting through some of that.

Thanks for this clarification. Of course there is the account of the broken CCTV clock and the vagueness of Massei himself but the above goes a long way toward cutting through some of that.

Normally I would search and provide links, but I'm experiencing technical issues this week and it's too time consuming.

Normally I would search and provide links, but I'm experiencing technical issues this week and it's too time consuming.
Well, after all this time, I fully trust your honesty and integrity, my man. :)

Well, after all this time, I fully trust your honesty and integrity, my man. :)

I do make mistakes, but most of the time my memory functions as it should.

The Postal Police arrived unexpectedly. The Carabinieri were called after the arrival of the Postal Police.

We went over this issue recently. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Your whole argument fails to take flight from the runway. The Swiss professor returned to Perugia and confirmed Patrick's alibi. ILE did not seem especially interested in speaking with him initially, yet they questioned him at length once he got there. The rest of your argument also fails even granting its shaky premise: Amanda herself said of his release words to the effect, "Finally something is going right."
Love your post title :D I hadn't heard of the Swiss professor until now.

We went over this issue recently. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Indeed we did, and we found that the claim that the clock was fast was hearsay (hearsay is generally not allowed as evidence). The problem with the claim that the clock was fast is that the Carabinieri would have to be calling for directions when they were already there.

I'm beginning to think that if LE hadn't been able to confirm Patrick's alibi....that you all would think to this day that Patrick did it! I really 100% believe this. Due to the fact that every single ridiculous lie Amanda has told up to this point has been believed by her supporters, to the point of even believing the most outrageous. And many would have gladly put the blame on Patrick in order to get Amanda off. The believers of her innocence would have taken up Patrick whole-heartedly, claiming that because he casually knew Rudy Guede, that must mean he was involved. Oh yes, and they would then claim that Patrick told her not to come into work because you see, he and Rudy were looking to get high and drunk, and they had their eyes set on Meredith and Amanda, but since RS was with Amanda, they decided to go with just Meredith instead. One thing led to another, and rape and murder occurred, committed by Rudy and Patrick. Meredith had let them in becaues she knew Patrick and Patrick told her he wanted to talk about the job with her. Then Patrick and Rudy staged the window and burglarly afterwards.

See what I mean? Yet we know Patrick was a lie and we know Patrick in reality had nothing to do with any of it. Hmmm.....let's think how many other lies Amanda has told that the supporters of her innocence choose not to question one iota.

Exactly, what if this innocent man with an accusation of a brutal knife murder against him had no confirmable alibi. Here the police have a witness who claimed that she was at the scene during the murder and gave detailed information regarding the murder and named the killer as PL. Luckily he had an alibi but the police were right to make absolutely sure his alibi was cast iron before allowing what they were led to believe was a dangerous killer of a defenceless young woman out on the streets.

I'm actually beginning to think forensic evidence should not be allowed in any trial. I get the feeling that DNA is transferred so easily that there is no way for it to be tested accurately.

People were charged with crimes before we had forensics to rely on but people relied on common sense. I fear that may have gone out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966