Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of opinions and theories!

The court concluded that the print on the bath mat was similar to Sollecito's foot print, and not similar to Guede's foot print.

That's Massei for you. Hellmann believed Professor Vinci and I think anyone looking at the video can clearly see the print is not Raffaele's. Raffaele was telling the 112 about the bathroom so do you really think he was telling them about his own bloody print? I don't.

Thanks. So this wasn't even in the period from Nov 7th till Dec 18th. Ok.
Right; it was quite a bit later than I had thought...so is not relevant to the bra clasp it would seem...

Is there a rule or law that says everyone must run as fast as you can when you realize there's no towel in the bathroom? People do things differently.

I won't admit it's a lie because I think it's totally believable that she indeed boogie to her bedroom so as to not drip water all over the floor. I've done it myself a few times.

First of all, you may have done it, but I find it hard to imagine how she could even push the bathmat forward without having one foot off of it, which would defeat the whole purpose. Not to forget also that the water she was supposedly drenched in from her supposed shower would have gotten on the footprint and diluted part of it. Also, the water dripping would have made the bathmat heavier and thus even harder to "push" forward.

I do not buy that story for ONE MINUTE. You may have done it, that's fine, but Amanda didn't do it. MOO. What I can't get is why the believers of her innocence are not willing to question her stories, no matter how outrageous they are.

I'm beginning to think that if LE hadn't been able to confirm Patrick's alibi....that you all would think to this day that Patrick did it! I really 100% believe this. Due to the fact that every single ridiculous lie Amanda has told up to this point has been believed by her supporters, to the point of even believing the most outrageous. And many would have gladly put the blame on Patrick in order to get Amanda off. The believers of her innocence would have taken up Patrick whole-heartedly, claiming that because he casually knew Rudy Guede, that must mean he was involved. Oh yes, and they would then claim that Patrick told her not to come into work because you see, he and Rudy were looking to get high and drunk, and they had their eyes set on Meredith and Amanda, but since RS was with Amanda, they decided to go with just Meredith instead. One thing led to another, and rape and murder occurred, committed by Rudy and Patrick. Meredith had let them in becaues she knew Patrick and Patrick told her he wanted to talk about the job with her. Then Patrick and Rudy staged the window and burglarly afterwards.

See what I mean? Yet we know Patrick was a lie and we know Patrick in reality had nothing to do with any of it. Hmmm.....let's think how many other lies Amanda has told that the supporters of her innocence choose not to question one iota.

Is there a rule or law that says everyone must run as fast as you can when you realize there's no towel in the bathroom? People do things differently.

Apparently there is, though I was blissfully unaware of it.

No, there is no rule or law. There's just common sense and logic. Sometimes the latter is actually more beneficial than the former.

No, there is no rule or law. There's just common sense and logic. Sometimes the latter is actually more beneficial than the former.

I'm with you aa9511 the bathmat boogie is one of the most ridiculous lies, considering most bathmats don't even slide well because they are made to stick to the floor and resist water from the bottom.

When did she first tell that story? In court after knowing about the luminal footprints?

First of all, you may have done it, but I find it hard to imagine how she could even push the bathmat forward without having one foot off of it, which would defeat the whole purpose. Not to forget also that the water she was supposedly drenched in from her supposed shower would have gotten on the footprint and diluted part of it. Also, the water dripping would have made the bathmat heavier and thus even harder to "push" forward.

I do not buy that story for ONE MINUTE. You may have done it, that's fine, but Amanda didn't do it. MOO. What I can't get is why the believers of her innocence are not willing to question her stories, no matter how outrageous they are.

I'm beginning to think that if LE hadn't been able to confirm Patrick's alibi....that you all would think to this day that Patrick did it! I really 100% believe this. Due to the fact that every single ridiculous lie Amanda has told up to this point has been believed by her supporters, to the point of even believing the most outrageous. And many would have gladly put the blame on Patrick in order to get Amanda off. The believers of her innocence would have taken up Patrick whole-heartedly, claiming that because he casually knew Rudy Guede, that must mean he was involved. Oh yes, and they would then claim that Patrick told her not to come into work because you see, he and Rudy were looking to get high and drunk, and they had their eyes set on Meredith and Amanda, but since RS was with Amanda, they decided to go with just Meredith instead. One thing led to another, and rape and murder occurred, committed by Rudy and Patrick. Meredith had let them in becaues she knew Patrick and Patrick told her he wanted to talk about the job with her. Then Patrick and Rudy staged the window and burglarly afterwards.

See what I mean? Yet we know Patrick was a lie and we know Patrick in reality had nothing to do with any of it. Hmmm.....let's think how many other lies Amanda has told that the supporters of her innocence choose not to question one iota.

You think dripping water made the bathmat heavier therefor impossible to use to slid to her bedroom just a few feet away? Really? How do you know one foot wasn't off it? Your reply makes no sense to me at all I'm sorry.

I'm with you aa9511 the bathmat boogie is one of the most ridiculous lies, considering most bathmats don't even slide well because they are made to stick to the floor and resist water from the bottom.

When did she first tell that story? In court after knowing about the luminal footprints?

No, she told her lawyers about the bathmat boogie in one of her letters to them that Vogt released. What I'd like to know is how Vogt got access to her letter to her lawyer. Attorney/client doesn't seem to exist in Italy.

In Death In Perugia, Follain not only includes a snipet of the transcript of Raffaele talking to his lawyers for the first time but also describes his facial descriptions talking to them which means the cops were secretly video recording it......or Follain just made it up.

And this is where people go wrong when trying to predict whether someone they've never met is lying or not. In reality, human behaviour isn't logical and common sense ain't all that common.

As for bathmat boogies, I've done them too and they're perfectly possible with a wet mat. In fact, I don't think I've ever done one with a dry mat, for obvious reasons.

That may be true of American bath mats. Not so much here in Europe. Just look at the photos and you'll see its basically just a small, thin towel.

You think dripping water made the bathmat heavier therefor impossible to use to slid to her bedroom just a few feet away? Really? How do you know one foot wasn't off it? Your reply makes no sense to me at all I'm sorry.

bbm

I'm saying she would have had to do some serious skier-type, Lindsey Vonn move to get that bathmat to move to the bedroom with both feet on it.

And if one foot was off it....that would mean the floor would be getting wet anyway from the water dripping down her leg and foot, so why did she even need to do the "boogie" in that case?

Sorry, it does not make sense to take all the extra time needed to boogie that mat down to the bedroom to get a towel, all the while sopping wet, when she could have just gotten out of the shower, dried the bottom of her feet on the bathmat, and then did a quick run into the bedroom for the towel.

As far as the bolded word "impossible." No, it's not impossible. But I don't think of anything in this case in those terms. A lot of things are possible. Is it likely? No.

I didn't realize the threshold between believing something happened and believing it didn't happen was only beyond the "impossible" mark. Only in this case does the line get drawn so far out.

I'm saying she would have had to do some serious skier-type, Lindsey Vonn move to get that bathmat to move to the bedroom with both feet on it.

No she wouldn't. You simply slide one foot forward, then follow with the other foot till you've reached your destination. Its easy, I've done it plenty of times.

That may be true of American bath mats. Not so much here in Europe. Just look at the photos and you'll see its basically just a small, thin towel.

Which in that case, the footprint would have been disturbed. So either way, sticky bathmat, not sticky, thin, thick - it doesn't make a difference because the facts don't add up either way. Even if she had not stepped on the footprint, some parts of it would have gotten diluted from the water dripping off of her, which after a shower is a substantial amount.

No she wouldn't. You simply slide one foot forward, then follow with the other foot till you've reached your destination. Its easy, I've done it plenty of times.

IN which case the footprint would have been disturbed.

Thanks. Some bath mats in the US have a rubber bottom that would make it difficult to shimmy across the floor on. Some don't. Some bath mats are just like towels. Some are much heavier. On a smooth floor what Amanda described would be easy to do I believe.

I don't know what "they" decided, but the answer to your question is mental illness.
Yes, but then he should not have been found by a psychologist to be competent to stand trial.

Which in that case, the footprint would have been disturbed. So either way, sticky bathmat, not sticky, thin, thick - it doesn't make a difference because the facts don't add up either way. Even if she had not stepped on the footprint, some parts of it would have gotten diluted from the water dripping off of her, which after a shower is a substantial amount.

The temperature range was 46-59 degrees on November 2, 2007 in Perugia. The exterior door was allegedly left open all night. It would have been cold in the cottage. If Knox had a shower, then after she got out of the shower, when faced with the choice of taking extra time to avoid dripping some water on the floor or running for a towel, I'm inclined to think that she would run for a towel ... which everyone seems to agree was kept in her bedroom. It would have been too cold in the cottage for anyone to be more worried about some water drops than staying warm. Furthermore, Knox was not described as concerned about cleanliness, so it is not reasonable to believe that she was concerned about a few water drops on the floor - which would have evaporated in no time.

So Knox did the bath mat boogie down the hall in the cottage with the front door unlocked (meaning the wind could blow it open at any moment) and the temperature hovering around 50 degrees to avoid leaving a few drops of water on the floor. At the same time, feces in the toilet, blood on the faucet, blood on the light switch, and a bloody foot print on the bath mat were of no concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle