Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shutters weren't closed. They were open like this;

TS-87511779_open-windows-with-blue-shutters_s4x3_lead.jpg

That is why a rock thrown from the balcony couldn't have hit the window. (That is not a picture of the actual window. It's just to show how the shutters would have blocked the shot.)

This link has some great stuff in it; http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Massei_Trial#Filomena_Romanelli

<modsnip>

Do you have a link for that? I've never heard that before.

I didn't bold the above post.

Another lie AK told is that she and Meredith were friends. This is from the above article;

<modsnip>
[/I]
Did police check the contents of the washer? Did they question Knox about the washer?

BUt if Luminol reacts to protein, it would not react to bleach. Becauase bleach doens't contain protein. I don't know where this information about reacting with bleach comes from, but I'm beginning to question more and more if it is even true!!! Maybe it's a rumor that has been spread and spread by the internet!

I can understand things like the vegetable or other blood, becauase those would contain protein. But unless decided to take a vegetable bath (never heard of that one!), or walked around in skunk blood, I don't understand why these other "scenarios" are even being considered as possibilities!

I don't think it is in dispute that as a scientific fact luminol can react w bleach. Sometimes when they suspect a clean up they even do luminol testing to see if bleach is present. I am not sure of the scientific process where it happens but the prosecution is not saying that bleach could not react with luminol, they concede it can, they just say it did not happen here

Yes, the job demotion while MK got a better job there, and ignoring her on Halloween could play a big part---But you don't attribute any importance to those 2 statement analysis bits, or believe a small altercation may have occurred that afternoon? :(

Knox may have asked Meredith why she didn't reply to her messages. Knox may have asked Meredith what she did for Halloween and Meredith blew her off. It's possible that Knox got the message that they were roommates, not friends. In reality, Meredith woke up in her own home, and there's Knox with another one of her men - dropping in to eat, but otherwise not staying at the cottage.

Did police check the contents of the washer? Did they question Knox about the washer?

From the photos posted here recently, we could see a blue towel in the machine.

Filomina has never given a clear answer as to how the shutters to the window in her room where the night of the murder. She has said at one point that they were closed. At another point she said they were slightly open, she thinks, and that she couldn't remember exactly how she left them.

Why does one need to be bleeding profusely to have a drop of their blood mixed with someone else's DNA? Sorry but again this is one point that has reasonable doubt to explain it away. Also, how do we know that Amanda tracked the blood to Filomina's room? Is it not possible that all three women could have been in the room together? Or even just Meredith and Amanda? We don't have Meredith's complete history as to nose bleeds, finger cuts, or any other times when she had bled while living in the cottage.

And the glass? So are you saying there was another day when they had a broken window and Meredith was bleeding?

Not only is that very unreasonable and illogical, IMO, but the other roomates would have known about the broken window, broken glass!

Big picture.............

And the glass? So are you saying there was another day when they had a broken window and Meredith was bleeding?

Not only is that very unreasonable and illogical, IMO, but the other roomates would have known about the broken window, broken glass!

Big picture.............

Please read my later posts. A window does not have to be broken in order to have mixed blood and DNA on it. We have no idea what side of the glass the mixed sample was on. If it was on the inside part of the window then it could have been from anytime that the two lived in the cottage. To argue that the glass HAD to be broken at the time that the mixed sample was placed on it does not make it true.

I was sure that it was known that blood and DNA could be on a window before the window was broken. Apparently I was wrong. There is nothing to prove that the mixed DNA was placed in the room the night of the murder.

So Meredith picked up some of Knox's DNA, mixed it with her blood and put it on the window, or Knox poked her finger in Meredith's blood and then left her DNA in the blood on the window? ... then the window was broken and the mixture was miraculously found on the broken glass on the floor?

For that to be true, there has to be a documented instance where Knox can explain why she had contact with Meredith's blood. Has Knox provided an explanation? Furthermore, why isn't the entire sample mixed with Filomina's DNA?

Some thoughts: While dna and forensic evidence is extremely important and necessary in the legal sense, a grasp of the psychology of a crime goes a long way toward making one a "believer" or not ....In any case, I find the psychology of motive massively important...

I am aware that statement analysis is something which cannot be as "scientific" as blood evidence or dna, I do think that there are a couple of things in the email which do point toward a scenario and how it developed:

As I have mentioned many times, the fact that the statement analysis showed that something "out of the ordinary" probably did occur after lunch on Nov 1, prior to "saying goodbye" to Meredith has always made me ponder that some resentment carried over into the evening, making them return to the cottage. I also felt it was telling that in her email, Amanda did not write, "Meredith still had her Halloween makeup on from the night before" - what she did write was that the costume was still dripping blood. Imagine having resentment and an altercation, and the person has blood dripping from their mouth. It might put an idea in your head. Especially if one had a few problems with jealousy, envy, etc.

*And why is it that no one has thought that the altercation (begun early in the day, and carried on later) might have revolved around Meredith "stealing" her job, and her popularity at LeChic? It might explain the accusation against PL too.

ITA. Good points.

And when was that mixed sample left in Filomina's room? Is it not reasonable to conclude that at some point in time that Meredith was bleeding and Amanda was helping to stop the bleeding while in the room? If so then there is the reasonable doubt needed to eliminate that mixture of DNA.

It is not reasonable to make something up to explain away evidence.

What is reasonable is that someone was murdered in the house and there is what looked like a staged break in.

Knowing that a staged break in would happen after the murder, it is reasonable to conclude that a mixed sample of the victim and suspect was left then.

Considering Amanda's defense didn't ask her about helping Meredith stop bleeding at some point in Filomenas room means it probably didn't happen. If they had an explanation for how/why that sample was left, I would assume they would've wanted to bring it forward even though they don't have to. That is how reasonable doubt works.

They also did not do control testing, that is test random areas of the room to see if you are getting similar results. There could have been mixed DNA all over that apartment. I believe they found mixed AK and RS DNA in footprints in his apartment, it does not mean anything, it is common to leave mixed DNA in a home

The mixed DNA in Laura's room was Merediths' DNA IN BLOOD, mixed with Amanda's DNA.

So are you saying Meredith got up while being stabbed, went to Laura's room, deposited some of her blood there (oh and also to the small bathroom), then went back to her room, where she allowed them to finish murdering her?

It would be wonderful if instead of ignoring or failing to read previous posts that clearly have answers to later questions, that all of the posts are read and then if needed questions asked.

I have stated in a previous post how Meredith and Amanda's mixed sample could have been on the window at some time prior to the night of the murder.

Once again we do not know the full history of any and all small accidents that may have occurred to Meredith during her entire time living in the cottage. We do not know how many times she may have had a minor bleeding episode. We also do not know if at any time Amanda helped Meredith during those times nor in what room they were in. There are numerous reasons that can be given for a small mixed sample of DNA from Meredith and Amanda to be on a piece of glass in a room in the cottage that they shared.

It is not reasonable to make something up to explain away evidence.

What is reasonable is that someone was murdered in the house and there is what looked like a staged break in.

Knowing that a staged break in would happen after the murder, it is reasonable to conclude that a mixed sample of the victim and suspect was left then.

Considering Amanda's defense didn't ask her about helping Meredith stop bleeding at some point in Filomenas room means it probably didn't happen. If they had an explanation for how/why that sample was left, I would assume they would've wanted to bring it forward even though they don't have to. That is how reasonable doubt works.

reasonable doubt n. not being sure of a criminal defendant's guilt to a moral certainty. Thus, a juror (or judge sitting without a jury) must be convinced of guilt of a crime (or the degree of crime, as murder instead of manslaughter) "beyond a reasonable doubt," and the jury will be told so by the judge in the jury instructions. However, it is a subjective test since each juror will have to decide if his/her doubt is reasonable. It is more difficult to convict under that test, than "preponderance of the evidence" to decide for the plaintiff (party bringing the suit) in a civil (non-criminal) trial. (See: preponderance of the evidence)

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Reasonable+Doubt

The mixed DNA in Laura's room was Merediths' DNA IN BLOOD, mixed with Amanda's DNA.

So are you saying Meredith got up while being stabbed, went to Laura's room, deposited some of her blood there (oh and also to the small bathroom), then went back to her room, where she allowed them to finish murdering her?

The mixed DNA was in who's room? Considering that the broken window was in Filomina's room then how is the mixed DNA in Laura's room on broken window glass?

That is why a rock thrown from the balcony couldn't have hit the window. (That is not a picture of the actual window. It's just to show how the shutters would have blocked the shot.)

This link has some great stuff in it; http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Massei_Trial#Filomena_Romanelli

<modsnip>

SNIP

I am probably missing your point with respect to the shutters. If they were open, I don't see how they could obstruct a throw from the parking area (I believe that the parking area is the spot that Pasquali chose, but I may be mistaken). As for Filomena's testimony, she became more certain with time that she had closed them. Even if one grants that she was right, opening them is not a big deal, as my previous post outlines.

With respect to the YSTR profile on the clasp, I have examined the egram myself, and there are several contributors besides Sollecito. Conti and Vecchiotti say the same thing in their definitive report. I believe that I provided a quote in the previous thread.

With respect to themurderofmeredithkercher, I found some errors in it, as I wrote in a comment two threads ago. Let the buyer beware.

<modsnip>

I didn't bold the above post.

Another lie AK told is that she and Meredith were friends. This is from the above article;

<modsnip>
This is also very interesting from Filomena's testimony;
<modsnip>

[/I]

Just leaves you thinking......if only. If only PP had arrived a couple of hours earlier, or maybe even a few minutes earlier! What would they have discovered? They would be able to debunk RS and Amanda's whole story. They would have discovered Amanda and RS walking around cleaning up, not Amanda taking a shower. Not eating brunch. Not having a relaxing morning. End of case.

reasonable doubt n. not being sure of a criminal defendant's guilt to a moral certainty. Thus, a juror (or judge sitting without a jury) must be convinced of guilt of a crime (or the degree of crime, as murder instead of manslaughter) "beyond a reasonable doubt," and the jury will be told so by the judge in the jury instructions. However, it is a subjective test since each juror will have to decide if his/her doubt is reasonable. It is more difficult to convict under that test, than "preponderance of the evidence" to decide for the plaintiff (party bringing the suit) in a civil (non-criminal) trial. (See: preponderance of the evidence)

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Reasonable+Doubt

So are you of the opinion that jurors should single out every piece of evidence and make up a story in their mind to explain it?

Hellmann was annulled largely on this point, he failed to look at the whole picture.

I have gone through the problems/remaining questions with the luminol testing in this case in five entries at my blog, the most recent of which is here.

I was sure that it was known that blood and DNA could be on a window before the window was broken. Apparently I was wrong. There is nothing to prove that the mixed DNA was placed in the room the night of the murder.

So Meredith cut herself on some other day, went into Filomena's room, and smeared her blood on that window??

Does that make sense or does it make sense that the blood and glass all were related TO THE NIGHT OF THE MURDER, where there was a broken window and a victim who was stabbed and BLED TO DEATH.

I'm sorry, but what lengths do we have to go to to distort the evidence!!

She still claims to have taken the mop over after showering to clean it up, I don't find it at all odd that even if it dried up (and we don't know how wet it was) that bleach or other cleaning product would be used to mop a floor.

I'm too lazy to find a link right now, but if iirc, RS's cleaning woman was at his apartment the day before the police went there. She stated she did not use bleach, but another cleaning product that has a strong smell. From memory, I think she cleaned on Monday and police came Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966