Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katody

I do SERIOUSLY believe what I posted otherwise I would not post it.

It's not her reason for the call that is suspicious IMO.

It is completely making up a conversation that did not exist. I've given you the reasoning behind my opinion repeatedly. I don't know what else I can say. I have already said we will have to agree to disagree

Not once have I insinuated your post is illogical or that you "can't be serious". I would appreciate the same courtesy.

Here are my final thoughts.

An innocent person does not need invent "truths" to convince people of their innocence. I think AK knows a lot of people will read her book that aren't "websleuths" and take her at her word is why she chose to say some things. For me I have done my homework and know she isn't being honest because she testified that her first call to her mother was after the discovery. She should have stuck with her version if it were the truth.

Now you disagree with me and that is ok.

I haven't read her book, but it seems to me that anyone that wants to believe that the courts got it wrong should take a very careful look at her book. It's one thing to blame everyone in Italy for her lies. I get that some people want to give the benefit of the doubt for six years and excuse every lie she told on the basis that someone else made her lie. However, if she continues to lie in her book, then I think we have to look at all the lies she told to police and during trial and at least consider the possibility that she alone is responsible for her lies.

Knox is more like Casey Anthony than I realized. Anthony concocted elaborate imaginings about friends that didn't exist and a life that didn't happen. Knox is similar in that she seems to believe that she can rewrite history and people will be too stupid to see that as a problem.

*Mods: I trust this site is OK to post from ; appears to be a book review on a news site, and not a blog. smk

'Omissions and discrepancies' in Amanda Knox's memoir

Letters the American wrote to her lawyers contradict some of the details in her $4m autobiography

MEMOIRS often involve a degree of poetic licence, but the omissions and dramatisations in Amanda Knox's Waiting to be Heard are at times baffling.

[. . . ]

The inconsistencies in her book are most clear when passages of Waiting to be Heard are compared with two letters she wrote to her lawyers on 9 November, 2007. In the letters, Knox says that on the day Kercher's body was discovered she looked through the keyhole of the British student's locked door and saw her purse on the bed. In her memoir, Knox says she tried to look through the keyhole, but saw nothing.

The memoir largely glosses over the day of Kercher's murder and its immediate aftermath. In a letter to her lawyers, Knox says the police gave her time to write a statement, while in her memoir she says they rushed her. The letters say she was "checked out by medics", an incident that becomes "the most dehumanizing degrading experience I had ever been through" in her memoir.

In one very detailed scene recalled in Chapter 20, a key player is omitted completely.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/crime/aman...oir-omissions-and-discrepancies#ixzz2n0w2qQxq

Katody

I do SERIOUSLY believe what I posted otherwise I would not post it.

Obviously. Let me restate my question:

You wrote:
Maybe she adds this elaborate phone call story so her readers will go "yes it makes perfect sense why she called her mother in the middle of the night".

Why would she do this when discovering the break-in was the real reason for calling Seattle at night? Why give another reason and another phone call?

We've been asked not to discuss it further without a link, I was going off the quote provided by SighSister.

Do you have a link to this passage?

SMK, you make very good points here. (I know I'm way out-of-order in the thread, just catching up so bear with me, if my posts don't make sense to what the topic of the day is right now).......

Ok, so I think their thinking was something like this.....

What if police ended up finding evidence of them? THey didn't know, back then, what evidence would be found and what wouldn't be found. They tried to clean-up as best they could, but of course with something like that, they couldn't be sure what police/investigators would end up finding.....

So, at the time, their thinking could have been....what if we go away, pretend like nothing's happened, then the police find some evidence of us....and that will end up making us look guilty and also like we're lying....as if they were "hiding."

So what they had to do, in their minds, was to account for any evidence of them, such as fingerprints, DNA, etc, that they found in the house of them, and it had to be from after the murder, so they could say, oh yeah, those fingerprints, etc., well that was because I was actually home for about an hour taking my shower and stuff, and see then I went and got Raffaelo, and he had to come back to the house with me so I could "show" him these things, and see that's why his fingerprints are here, here, and here.
And that's why you found that evidence of us in the bathroom (thinking that police might find some evidence in there), because see, I actually took a shower there the morning of the murder. So it wasn't because I was there that night, it was because I was there in the morning, late in the morning.

It's easy to look in hindsight, after we know ALL of the evidence the police actually found, and say, well, geez, why didn't they just not "go back" to the cottage.

But then, just think how you would react if they said nothing about coming back to the cottage for the "shower", etc.. and then you find out, oh look, there's Amanda's DNA here, here, and here, and there's Raffaelo's bloody footprint, and there's Amanda's bloody footprints, and oh geez, and looky here they have no proven alibi for that night....well geez, there's really nothing to explain this DNA, this mixed DNA, and this and this....and then on top of that you would have their "inconsistencies" about their alibi and on top of that their other lies like Patrick, etc.etc., and it sure would make them look guilty.

But now that we have this story of being at the cottage, well that just puts kind of a doubt-cloud over the whole thing, now doesn't it?
BBM - Yes, through the lens of guilt, these things fall into place quite neatly. I always did have some sixth sense about the both of them being there to "discover" the scene.

Of course, when they are viewed as innocent, all of this seems suspicious or paranoid or mean-spirited. Or working from an assumption, or a conspiracy theory. (Guede as lone wolf theory is probably a reasonable cause of such doubts, because I had such and still waver on this)

But as you state it here, I think the police viewed it as such also, nearly immediately.

We've been asked not to discuss it further without a link, I was going off the quote provided by SighSister.

Do you have a link to this passage?

Just for the record, I was paraphrasing what she wrote. I only directly quoted a part of one sentence.

Off the present topic but thought I would just throw this in, as it was bothering me the last couple of days:

I was just wondering if anyone happened to know Re Rudy:

1. When he gave his story about using 2 towels to staunch the blood flow, had he read accounts or heard at that point about the blood-soaked towels? I ask because I always had a hard time thinking that he would have done as he said (although I suppose it's possible) and had wondered if possibly "others" had done this after he left.

2. When Guede said he "tried to write 'AF' on the wall", did they ever find anything which looked like that?
TIA

Just for the record, I was paraphrasing what she wrote. I only directly quoted a part of one sentence.

Thank you.

Is there a way to link the actual text or no?

I always have issues with links from books because most are on my kindle app and some are actual copies I own, which I can't provide links to. Lol

Thank you.

Is there a way to link the actual text or no?

I always have issues with links from books because most are on my kindle app and some are actual copies I own, which I can't provide links to. Lol

Not that I know of. Sorry.

Just throwing this out there as grist for the mill; not saying it proves anything.

When in the past I had pondered the idea of Knox and Sollecito perhaps bringing Guede to the cottage, I used to muse on what I had perceived from the beginning to be Knox's "tomboy" nature - how it reminded me of my younger sister, who in college used to hang with guys as friends (some of them quite unsavory) and go to bars , etc. with a few guys. And I had wondered if that trait of Amanda's ("one of the boys") might have played into the guilty scenario.

Found this passage in Knox's book (which I have yet to buy) so it's a confirmation of that aspect of her for me.

Most of my other friends were male. We played football, jammed on the guitar, talked about life. After we smoked pot we would choose a food category - burgers, pizza, gyros, whatever - and wander around the neighborhood until we found what we considered the best in it's class.

Knox, Waiting to be Heard; Google books; pp not numbered; Chap "April August 2007 Seattle"

http://books.google.com/books?id=YW...age&q=waiting to be heard amanda knox&f=false

This is sort of irrelevant, but I was surprised to read Knox say that a friend urged her to straighten her hair, which she then continued doing. So I guess her real hair is wavy, kinky, or curly? I cannot imagine it.

Just throwing this out there as grist for the mill; not saying it proves anything.

When in the past I had pondered the idea of Knox and Sollecito perhaps bringing Guede to the cottage, I used to muse on what I had perceived from the beginning to be Knox's "tomboy" nature - how it reminded me of my younger sister, who in college used to hang with guys as friends (some of them quite unsavory) and go to bars , etc. with a few guys. And I had wondered if that trait of Amanda's ("one of the boys") might have played into the guilty scenario.

Found this passage in Knox's book (which I have yet to buy) so it's a confirmation of that aspect of her for me.

This is sort of irrelevant, but I was surprised to read Knox say that a friend urged her to straighten her hair, which she then continued doing. So I guess her real hair is wavy, kinky, or curly? I cannot imagine it.

I have never seen a photo of Knox, even as a child, where she had naturally curly hair.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/06/amanda.knox.profile/

Does she claim in her book that she had to straighten her straight hair?

I have never seen a photo of Knox, even as a child, where she had naturally curly hair.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/06/amanda.knox.profile/

Does she claim in her book that she had to straighten her straight hair?
Well, yes: in the chapter cited in my above post, she had described that a friend - I think it was Brett, who gave her the pink rabbit vibrator to take to Perugia - had tried to convince her to wear makeup (which she did not like; another 'tomboy' trait IMO) and to straighten her hair, which she did like (I didn't know one straightened straight hair, but maybe to make it super-duper straight???) and also to try "casual sex".

Well, yes: in the chapter cited in my above post, she had described that a friend - I think it was Brett, who gave her the pink rabbit vibrator to take to Perugia - had tried to convince her to wear makeup (which she did not like; another 'tomboy' trait IMO) and to straighten her hair, which she did like (I didn't know one straightened straight hair, but maybe to make it super-duper straight???) and also to try "casual sex".

Knox has straight hair, so if she's implying that she has to straighten her hair, she is again twisting the truth. Why anyone would lie about something like that is completely beyond me.

I actually have natural straight hair and I use a flat iron on it daily, to make it straighter. Straightening straight hair is totally normal because it gives a much more "fixed" look if that makes sense.

I actually have natural straight hair and I use a flat iron on it daily, to make it straighter. Straightening straight hair is totally normal because it gives a much more "fixed" look if that makes sense.
Ah, OK - @ otto - that clears that up, then. I knew in the '60s sometimes girls used to iron their hair to make it flat, but I see now that what her friend had suggested is using a flat iron like you do. thanks, Amber :)

Knox has straight hair, so if she's implying that she has to straighten her hair, she is again twisting the truth. Why anyone would lie about something like that is completely beyond me.
Otto:

See what Amber says:

She has straight hair, and yet uses a flat iron to straighten it daily.

And although I can see no difference in this pic below, girls with straight hair do straighten their hair:

Attachments

• flat_iron_tutorial.jpg
    flat_iron_tutorial.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 15
Otto:

See what Amber says:

She has straight hair, and yet uses a flat iron to straighten it daily.

And although I can see no difference in this pic below, girls with straight hair do straighten their hair:

I have to give a huge amount of praise to marketing professionals if women with straight hair have been convinced that they need to purchase a produce to make straight hair straight.

I have to give a huge amount of praise to marketing professionals if women with straight hair have been convinced that they need to purchase a produce to make straight hair straight.
I sure hear you :D

Off the present topic but thought I would just throw this in, as it was bothering me the last couple of days:

I was just wondering if anyone happened to know Re Rudy:

1. When he gave his story about using 2 towels to staunch the blood flow, had he read accounts or heard at that point about the blood-soaked towels? I ask because I always had a hard time thinking that he would have done as he said (although I suppose it's possible) and had wondered if possibly "others" had done this after he left.

2. When Guede said he "tried to write 'AF' on the wall", did they ever find anything which looked like that?
TIA
Just trying to bring this forward in case anyone can answer these? I know they may seem like trivial questions, but it has to do with a theory I have. Oh well, if anyone can answer, I'd be grateful. Cannot seem to find online.:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member