Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Knox and Sollecito attend the memorial, or not?

You are the one who asserted that others did attend. It is your duty to prove your statement.

My opinion? Who attended or did not has no bearing on anyone's guilt or innocence. It is yet another thing used by those who show irrational <modsnip> of Amanda Knox as a flaw in her character. In my opinion, they would also use her attendance as a sign of guilt had she been there.

You are the one who asserted that others did attend. It is your duty to prove your statement.

My opinion? Who attended or did not has no bearing on anyone's guilt or innocence. It is yet another thing used by those who show irrational <modsnip> of Amanda Knox as a flaw in her character. In my opinion, they would also use her attendance as a sign of guilt had she been there.

Knox claims that Meredith was her friend. When Meredith was murdered, Knox avoided the memorial. Is that what friends do?

Knox and Sollecito both stated that they abused illegal drugs on the night of the murder.

Drugs tests that were administered five days after the murder would not reveal when drugs were used.
Knox and Sollecito were in custody for almost four years. If your claim is that it was too soon for a drug test using hair, then the authorities have only themselves to blame if they did not administer a subsequent test. The only drug they acknowledged using was marijuana. That puts nearby bags of Doritos at risk, but not much else.

Knox had an abrasion on her neck, and she claimed that the blood in the bathroom was due ear piercings. Was she washing her ears in the bidet?
BBM - sorry to go over old ground but there was blood found on the faucet tap (knox) and also the bidet, and this was mixed blood, correct? (MK/AK) and was supposed to indicate washing feet in bidet (and I assume traces of menstrual blood was ruled out?)ETA: OK, I answered this: See Massei post below this one.

BBM - sorry to go over old ground but there was blood found on the faucet tap (knox) and also the bidet, and this was mixed blood, correct? (MK/AK) and was supposed to indicate washing feet in bidet (and I assume traces of menstrual blood was ruled out?)
There is mixed DNA, not mixed blood. Meredith's DNA probably came from blood, but that has to be demonstrated.

@Otto: Just reviewing the logic of it:

Here is the very detailed report accounting for those traces found in the small bath:

Massei pp 280- 81: (PDF > Translation into English )

It should also be noted that the statements according to which the traces in the sink
and in the bidet each constituted a single specimen correspond to the act of cleaning
the victim&#8217;s blood, an action previously mentioned and during which it would have
been easy to leave a mixed sample, constituted precisely of biological material from
the victim (blood) and biological material from whoever was cleaning (cells lost
during scrubbing/rubbing).
It should further be noted that such mixed trace
specimens, with the morphology shown, were found both in the sink and in the
bidet. It should be considered that those in the sink occurred when Amanda, as has 281

been said, washed her hands which were stained with Meredith&#8217;s blood; in the bidet
it should be considered that they [the traces] originated from a similar activity,
but in
relation to the feet, which must also have been covered with blood as can be inferred
from the print of a bare foot left on the sky-blue mat, stained with Meredith&#8217;s blood.
This print will be dealt with subsequently. Reference to it is made now in order to
make the point that the presence of such a print of a bare foot brings one to consider
that Amanda (also) could have had bare feet, stained with Meredith&#8217;s blood.
The mixed trace specimens found in the sink and in the bidet and on the box of
cotton buds therefore signify that Amanda, soiled with Meredith&#8217;s blood, entered
the bathroom which was right next door to the room in which Meredith had been
stabbed; putting her hand against the door she left a mark on it and the dribble of
blood which remained is a sign [proof] of this, and left a mark also - still with
Meredith&#8217;s blood - on the light switch; she touched the cotton-bud box which was on
the sink and left a mixed trace specimen of herself and of Meredith; to clean her
hands she used the sink in which, through the act of scrubbing, she left her own
biological trace mixed with that of Meredith, and used the bidet, most likely to wash
her feet, which must have become *blood+ stained in Meredith&#8217;s room, where there
were widespread and abundant traces of blood even on the floor, and where the
blood was spattered over various parts of the room, and also in the bidet [303] she
left a trace specimen of what appeared to be diluted blood, which contained both her
own DNA and that of Meredith.

Knox and Sollecito were in custody for almost four years. If your claim is that it was too soon for a drug test using hair, then the authorities have only themselves to blame if they did not administer a subsequent test. The only drug they acknowledged using was marijuana. That puts nearby bags of Doritos at risk, but not much else.

What drug test is used to confirm that someone used drugs exactly five days prior to testing.

There is mixed DNA, not mixed blood. Meredith's DNA probably came from blood, but that has to be demonstrated.
OK; thank you for that. Because I assume mixed blood is quite different from mixed DNA in its implications? Thanks once more.

BBM - sorry to go over old ground but there was blood found on the faucet tap (knox) and also the bidet, and this was mixed blood, correct? (MK/AK) and was supposed to indicate washing feet in bidet (and I assume traces of menstrual blood was ruled out?)

Meredith Kercher washed her feet in the bidet?

b/c he wasn't?

oh boo hoo. i guess that's what one doesn't get when his dna is found inside the murder victim!

MOMK/wiki says he was adopted by a wealthy family from perugia. the site also mentions there was a breakdown in in the relationship b/w RG and his new parents due to his truancy, habitual lying, poor work ethic etc ... so, who's fault would it be for them not offering to pay his legal fees, and forcing his legal representation to be provided by the state?

Murder of Meredith Kercher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Rudy_Hermann_Guede

You missed my point and I'm not defending Guede.

It just bothers me that money can have such an influence in justice.

I just wonder if Guede would have gotten away with this crime if he had had the same kind of PR campaign as Amanda and Rafeale? I believe ChrisHalkaides said that Guede's DNA could have been transferred inside her through her tampon and Guede professes to have tried to help her instead of hurt her which could explain all the other evidence.

I worry that money can have so much influence in justice that it no longer is justice in the end.

Knox had an abrasion on her neck, and she claimed that the blood in the bathroom was due ear piercings. Was she washing her ears in the bidet?

I'm not finding the evidence of an abrasion on her neck, except for a statement made by one roommate much later, after the mark was no longer visible. No mention of the mark was made when Amanda had a full body medical examination. Again, obviously the prosecution would have used evidence of injuries caused by struggle if they had it.

OK; thank you for that. Because I assume mixed blood is quite different from mixed DNA in its implications? Thanks once more.
There are one or more articles at my blog that go over mixed DNA. In short, I think that the most likely explanation for this result is that Guede deposited Meredith's blood in the bidet, and Amanda's DNA was already present, especially near the drain plug (Even Garofano expressed reservations about sampling by the plug). If the police had performed a substrate control (sampling a short distance away from the red stain, they could have made a clearer case, one way or another.

There are one or more articles at my blog that go over mixed DNA. In short, I think that the most likely explanation for this result is that Guede deposited Meredith's blood in the bidet, and Amanda's DNA was already present, especially near the drain plug (Even Garofano expressed reservations about sampling by the plug). If the police had performed a substrate control (sampling a short distance away from the red stain, they could have made a clearer case, one way or another.

Guede dropped Meredith's blood on Knox's DNA even though there is no evidence that he was ever in the bathroom?

It's a hickey.

I must say the idea of Amanda pointing out her own blood traces to Filomena and to the police seems ludicrous. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Meredith Kercher washed her feet in the bidet?
No; Knox.

Here is my above post brought foreward - BBM

SMK said:
@Otto: Just reviewing the logic of it:

Here is the very detailed report accounting for those traces found in the small bath:

Massei pp 280- 81: (PDF > Translation into English )

It should also be noted that the statements according to which the traces in the sink
and in the bidet each constituted a single specimen correspond to the act of cleaning
the victim&#8217;s blood, an action previously mentioned and during which it would have
been easy to leave a mixed sample, constituted precisely of biological material from
the victim (blood) and biological material from whoever was cleaning (cells lost
during scrubbing/rubbing).
It should further be noted that such mixed trace
specimens, with the morphology shown, were found both in the sink and in the
bidet. It should be considered that those in the sink occurred when Amanda, as has 281

been said, washed her hands which were stained with Meredith&#8217;s blood; in the bidet
it should be considered that they [the traces] originated from a similar activity,
but in
relation to the feet, which must also have been covered with blood as can be inferred
from the print of a bare foot left on the sky-blue mat, stained with Meredith&#8217;s blood.
This print will be dealt with subsequently. Reference to it is made now in order to
make the point that the presence of such a print of a bare foot brings one to consider
that Amanda (also) could have had bare feet, stained with Meredith&#8217;s blood.
The mixed trace specimens found in the sink and in the bidet and on the box of
cotton buds therefore signify that Amanda, soiled with Meredith&#8217;s blood, entered
the bathroom which was right next door to the room in which Meredith had been
stabbed; putting her hand against the door she left a mark on it and the dribble of
blood which remained is a sign [proof] of this, and left a mark also - still with
Meredith&#8217;s blood - on the light switch; she touched the cotton-bud box which was on
the sink and left a mixed trace specimen of herself and of Meredith; to clean her
hands she used the sink in which, through the act of scrubbing, she left her own
biological trace mixed with that of Meredith, and used the bidet, most likely to wash
her feet, which must have become *blood+ stained in Meredith&#8217;s room, where there
were widespread and abundant traces of blood even on the floor, and where the
blood was spattered over various parts of the room, and also in the bidet [303] she
left a trace specimen of what appeared to be diluted blood, which contained both her
own DNA and that of Meredith. pp 280-81 Massei Translation into English; PDF file

It's a hickey.

I must say the idea of Amanda pointing out her own blood traces to Filomena and to the police seems ludicrous. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

The abrasion is an injury. We don't know why Knox has an abrasion on her neck hours after the murder occurred.

Ref: any of the websites that published photos of Knox/Sollecito canoodling immediately after Meredith's body was discovered six years ago

That does look like a love bite to me. So, no blood or cuts or bruises on her hands and arms where she was supposedly holding, stabbing someone.

No; Knox.

Here is my above post brought foreward - BBM

All I know is that there are multiple instances of evidence that Knox participated in the murder - from bloody barefoot prints to mixed DNA/blood samples in places where they should not be. As a totality, these multiple instances of evidence do not appear to have an innocent explanation.

That does look like a love bite to me. So, no blood or cuts or bruises on her hands and arms where she was supposedly holding, stabbing someone.

Knox has an abrasion on her neck. We don't know how she got it.
Knox's DNA from body fluid, not sweat, was found on the alleged murder weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur