Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder if Guede would have gotten away with this crime if he had had the same kind of PR campaign as Amanda and Rafeale? I believe ChrisHalkaides said that Guede's DNA could have been transferred inside her through her tampon and Guede professes to have tried to help her instead of hurt her which could explain all the other evidence
I believe that what I indicated was that such a DNA transfer was very unlikely in this case. I have never seen any evidence of a PR campaign besides the hiring of David Marriott's firm. Nor can a PR campaign, even if it existed, control what an independent media writes. Given the lightness of his sentence, Guede's lawyers must have been excellent. Finally, sometimes having money only just ensures that one gets justice, nothing more (for example, the Duke lacrosse case).

Knox has an abrasion on her neck. We don't know how she got it.
Knox's DNA from body fluid, not sweat, was found on the alleged murder weapon.
BBM - I guess this was as much as was ever said about it back in 2009.

Why do you suppose police had not noticed it, as Laura said she assumed everyone would?

"Amanda had a wound to her neck and I noticed it because it was known that Meredith had been killed by a wound to her neck," said Mezzetti. "She had a scratch to her neck."

"I was afraid that Amanda, too, might have been wounded, I was worried and I looked at it really intensely," Mezzetti said.

Mezzetti said she observed Knox's scratch from a few yards away. She described the wound as "vertical, less than 1-centimeter thick." She said it was red in color and gestured it was under her chin.

Mezzetti said she did not see any scratch when she saw Knox on Oct. 31, 2007, during breakfast at the apartment. She said she did not see Knox until two days later at the police station.

Mezzetti said the scratch was different from a love bite or hickey, as those would be "purple and more round."

Asked why she had failed to mention it when she had spoken to police previously, Mezzetti said she thought everybody else would have noticed it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/02/14/witness-us-student-amanda-knox-had-scratch-on-her-neck/

I believe that what I indicated was that such a DNA transfer was very unlikely in this case. I have never seen any evidence of a PR campaign besides the hiring of David Marriott's firm. Nor can a PR campaign, even if it existed, control what an independent media writes. Given the lightness of his sentence, Guede's lawyers must have been excellent. Finally, sometimes having money only just ensures that one gets justice, nothing more (for example, the Duke lacrosse case).

I wasn't trying to misrepresent what you said. I'm sorry if you felt that way. I was trying to point out that with every piece of DNA involving Amanda or Refeale there seems to be an explanation for how their DNA could have innocently been deposited in that location. Some people find it highly unlikely that each of those occurrences could be explained away. I just have to wonder if Rafeale was Guede if the same explanations would be being used in his defense.

Why do you suppose police had not noticed it, as Laura said she assumed everyone would?

Possibly because the abrasion assumed greater importance in Laura's mind during the time between when she saw it and when she reported it? Maybe at the time it did look to the police and others like a love bite or somehow not relevant to the murder investigation?
I feel as if I have a higher opinion of the Italian criminal justice system than others in that I don't think they would have missed something like that at the time if it was obviously not caused by the canoodling boyfriend.

Possibly because the abrasion assumed greater importance in Laura's mind during the time between when she saw it and when she reported it? Maybe at the time it did look to the police and others like a love bite or somehow not relevant to the murder investigation?
I feel as if I have a higher opinion of the Italian criminal justice system than others in that I don't think they would have missed something like that at the time if it was obviously not caused by the canoodling boyfriend.
I guess you're probably right. Like so much else in this case, it seems to diminish in importance upon closer scrutiny.

25 years in prison is hardly a light sentence!

No one paid attention to the abrasion on Knox's neck until after November 6, when her status changed from witness to suspect.
What date was it that Laura noticed it? Oh, well, guess it does not matter. I had thought she was suspected almost immediately, but I guess not.

I think the police did notice it. There was a police photo of it from the post arrest medical exam circulating on the web. I'm sure the pro-guilt sites have it.

It was a hickey.

The abrasion is an injury. We don't know why Knox has an abrasion on her neck hours after the murder occurred.

Naah, it's a hickey.

Do you have any theory why Amanda would point out her own blood traces to Filomena and to the police, while parading with a wound in full view?

I think the police did notice it. There was a police photo of it from the post arrest medical exam circulating on the web. I'm sure the pro-guilt sites have it.

It was a hickey.
Well, due to it's location and size, it does seem so. It's not as though she had deep, broad abrasions on her face or hands. In any event, it must have been nothing or the prosecution would have used it in their argument.

I've seen many true crime documentaries where the suspect was asked to remove his shirt, and to account for scratches, etc. after a murder. I assume they checked Knox and Sollecito out thoroughly; anything significant would have to still show on Nov 6, 2007.

Naah, it's a hickey.

Do you have any theory why Amanda would point out her own blood traces to Filomena and to the police, while parading with a wound in full view?
I think it's the full view thing which bothers me , as well. In the case of Noura Jackson (teen who knifed her mother in the US) police were suspicious as on the night of the murder when they questioned her, she was wearing long sleeves on a very hot summer night. They asked to see her arms and she had very significant injuries. Receipts for hydrogen peroxide, iodine and bandaids from the night of the murder were found. In other words, it was very clear, unlike this Knox neck thing....

Quick question.....what points to a clean-up? Another one.......how was a burglary staged when items where actually missing as in a real burglary with RG being the one that was identified as the person that went into Meredith's purse?

I assume they checked Knox and Sollecito out thoroughly; anything significant would have to still show on Nov 6, 2007.

She had written about this check and the bad surroundings of this check in her book.

@ Otto:

OK, here is the Polizia Scientifica de Perugia photo of the neck abrasion.

You're right; it actually does not appear to be a hickey, but an abrasion or scratch.

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/The_Evidence (Injuries to Amanda Knox section)

Attachments

• Knox_throat.jpg
    Knox_throat.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 19
Sorry but that does not look like a scratch or abrasion to me. It does not appear to be on the surface of the skin at all and looks more like a bruise would.

Quick question.....what points to a clean-up? Another one.......how was a burglary staged when items where actually missing as in a real burglary with RG being the one that was identified as the person that went into Meredith's purse?
According to the prosecution:

Filomena's window and room had the appearances of a staging (First officer of Postal Police noted it immediately). Yes, RG took things but perhaps was given access to the cottage and Filomena's room was staged.

Evidence of clean-up: See my Massei report post (last page or the prior one) for some of the clean up theory.

Sorry but that does not look like a scratch or abrasion to me. It does not appear to be on the surface of the skin at all and looks more like a bruise would.
It is too long to be a bruise. It reminds me of a scar after a surgery, but of course she would have informed police of this.

According to the prosecution:

Filomena's window and room had the appearances of a staging (First officer of Postal Police noted it immediately). Yes, RG took things but perhaps was given access to the cottage and Filomena's room was staged.

Evidence of clean-up: See my Massei report post (last page or the prior one) for some of the clean up theory.

Ok, so Filomina's window and room had the appearance of staging. How exactly? And if RG took things that did not belong to him, which he did, then it is in fact a burglary.

So the evidence of a clean up is in the bathroom? Yet there was the blood left on the faucet of the sink, on the bathmat and other places as well? Doesn't sound like much of a clean up at all to me. Why leave those places as is if a clean up was done at all?

It is too long to be a bruise. It reminds me of a scar after a surgery, but of course she would have informed police of this.

Not to long to be a bruise. A hickey is a bruise. If a person has thin lips, comes from the side, that is what the hickey will look like. Again I see no abrasion on the surface of the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel