Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a speeding ticket in another province when driving here for my move. i called the justice office and they said since i was several provinces away now, i could send in a fax with my rebuttal (i was in the passing lane passing a line of trucks) and it would be used as my defense at my court date if i wanted to dispute the ticket. amanda, imo, only did the same thing.

btw, i just checked delta airlines: a flight booked even two months early from seattle to rome starts @ $2100. the return is the same.
She just pissed off the judge. Who else to blame then Knox herself? She can get fully sponsored for the flights and everything. Only need to give an interview to CBS or ABC or whatever. $1900 for return Seattle - Florence :)

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 2m
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "There has been judicial harassment against Amanda"

https://twitter.com/qn_lanazione

Knox is responsible for a judicial harassment of Patrick Lumumba. She has been charged, convicted, sentenced, and released from prison after a few years. At what point was she judicially harassed? ... when she was offerings gifts statement incriminating Patrick on November 6 and 7?

She just pissed off the judge. Who else to blame than Knox herself? She can get fully sponsored for the flights and everything. Only need to give an interview to CBS or ABC or whatever. $1900 for return Seattle - Florence :)

She sure did. She made an international statement that she does not trust his judgement. She claims to be innocent, but she is unwilling to say it in person ... only in a written statement. It is not a spontaneous declaration, but Knox wanted it to be accepted as spontaneous. What did she think she was writing ... a victim impact statement?

... and it's "irregular".

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 1m
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox), "Lumumba shoud not have been arrested, in 12 confirmed the alibi" (in 12 confermavano l'alibi)

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 55s
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "The footprint of Guede on the pillow right now is the signature of the crime"

Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "It was necessary to immediately admit the mistake made by the investigators' (Investigators should have immediately admitted their mistake)

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 44s
ProcessoMeredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "30 hours of recordings of Amanda's conversations with parents in prison were heard"

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 25s
Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox): "From the conversations in prison Amanda does not show anything, the sum of zero"

She just pissed off the judge. Who else to blame then Knox herself? She can get fully sponsored for the flights and everything. Only need to give an interview to CBS or ABC or whatever. $1900 for return Seattle - Florence :)

i chose rome b/c i thought flying into a larger city would be cheaper...

what i found for SEA to FLR on the below site was about the same:

http://www.flightnetwork.com/

which airline or discount site gave $1900 return? (and why not say in the first place?)

"Presiding Judge Alessandro Nencini read into the record the email, written in Italian and submitted by Knox's lawyers before their closing arguments, noting it was not normal procedure given Knox's absence, and did not have the same legal standing as a spontaneous declaration made in person."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/i-didn-...eclares-innocence-in-email-to-court-1.1596697

Process Meredith, lawyer Dalla Vedova (Knox), "Amanda was told in prison that she had AIDS, but it turned out to be a mistake"

Andrea Vogt ‏@andreavogt 1h
Carlo dalla Vedova to #amandaknox appeal jury: If there is no murder motive, you must acquit.

Andrea Vogt ‏@andreavogt 2h
Carlo dalla Vedova: We know #amandaknox is innocent. As time passes we're even more tranquil.There are many more doubts than certainties.

Andrea Vogt ‏@andreavogt 3h
In Florence, #amandaknox lawyer holds up large knife to jury: "Starch was on the knife. It was not cleaned. It was in domestic use."

https://twitter.com/andreavogt

It appears that the email was read into court. Did Knox try to slide this in as a spontaneous declaration and it was disallowed? That is what the judge said after reading the email: disallowed. In addition, the Judge described the email as "irregular". Perhaps it is a general perception that innocent people attend court. Knox could have attended court, just like Sollecito. He flew in from the DR for a weekend, ran into a bump (Paris), fled the country, but was otherwise free to travel. The same would be true of Knox.

Sollecito gave his spontaneous declaration, a first. Did Knox try to give a "spontaneous" declaration via email?

So the bottom line is that Knox has a link on her website that offends the victim, Knox's spontaneous declaration has been rejected but read in the court, the Massei report stands, Hellman is annulled, C&V have been discredited and over ruled, the DNA has not yet been addressed.

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione now
Process Meredith, President Nencini asks if there are certificates on AIDS tests done to Amanda, but there are ... [none?]

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 45s
Meredith process, one-hour break

La Nazione ‏@qn_lanazione 3m
Processo Meredith, pausa di un'ora #meredithnazione

lunch break.

Are Knox and her defense alleging that she believed that she had AIDS, yet there is not a single document that exists ... and she believed this? Why would she believe this? Is there a document that will be produced after lunch.

Gotta love the trial cliffhanger

On the surface, it doesn't look like it's going well for Knox.
I think her attorneys should have known an email was not going to be entered into the process as a spontaneous statement made in court.

He does seem irritated:

"Who wants to speak at a trial, comes to the trial," Nencini said, adding that he had to take it at the word of her lawyers that the email, printed over five pages, originated with Knox. "I never saw her, I don't know her," the judge said pointedly.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/i-didn-...nce-in-email-to-court-1.1596697#ixzz2njkPfGpz

The above linked email filtered through google translate, which makes no sense to me, but I understand that some people can read it

Email in googltrans:

"I am not present in the courtroom because I'm afraid . I fear that the vehemence of the prosecution will impress you , that their wool over your eyes will blind you . " Speaking of the accusations Amanda defines an " unfair and malicious abuse ."

" Meredith was my friend. She was nice to me , helped me , was generous and funny. She never criticized me. I was never even given a look. The prosecution - she continues - states that a rupture had taken place between me and Meredith for cleaning. This statement is a distortion of the facts. In the short period that Meredith and I were roommates and friends we never quarreled . "

"No one has ever seen or heard that Meredith and I had fought, quarrelled, discussed . Nobody ever said that Meredith was a freak antagonistic cleaning or that I was a freak antagonistic dirt . The prosecution would have you believe that this is the reason for the murder. But this is a disturbing distortion of the facts . "

"We need to recognize that a person can be brought to confess falsely because she psychologically tortured," she writes , referring to the slander against Patrick Lumumba. Amanda also tells of when they took her to the police station :

"They lied to me, yelled at me, threatened me, given me two slaps on the head. They told me that I would never see my family if I had not remembered what had happened to Meredith that night ."

"My behavior after the discovery of the murder indicates my innocence. I never thought or imagined that they would use my naive spontaneity to support their suspicions . I have not hidden my feelings when I needed comfort Raffaele hugged me when I was angry and I was making insensitive remarks ."

"I never showed antisocial, aggressive,violent or psychopathic behavior. I'm not addicted or obsessed with sex. When I was arrested I was tested for drugs and are found to be negative."

The Prosecution and civil parties "want you to think I'm a monster because it is easy to condemn a monster." Amanda, referring to the knife that she is supposed to have used for the murder, calls it an "invented evidence" and defines the prosecutions arguments as "theatrical arguments", "evidence inconclusive and unreliable" and also "disturbing and unacceptable distortion of the facts."

"The prosecution and civil parties - she adds - are committing injustices against me because they can not admit, even to themselves, that they have done terribly wrong. I did not kill. I have not raped. I have not plotted. I have not instigated. I was not there and had nothing to do with it. I am innocent - concludes Amanda - Raffaele is innocent. Meredith and her family deserve the truth. Please put an end to this enormous and exhausting injustice."
http://www.blitzquotidiano.it/crona...udici-firenze-non-vengo-italia-paura-1746860/
Thank you for posting this, Otto, and for translating.

I think her attorneys should have known an email was not going to be entered into the process as a spontaneous statement made in court.

I'm sure they did, and by the sounds of it they were caught a little off guard. The legal definition of spontaneous declaration omits a written statement.

My understanding was that if Knox has something to say, she should attend court and say it. Her failure to present herself as innocent (not hide behind an email) is along the lines of "she pissed off the judge"; denigrated her own reputation.

Ouch:

<modsnip>

The after lunch crowd should be interesting.

I'm sure they did, and by the sounds of it they were caught a little off guard. The legal definition of spontaneous declaration omits a written statement.

My understanding was that if Knox has something to say, she should attend court and say it. Her failure to present herself as innocent (not hide behind an email) is along the lines of "she pissed off the judge"; denigrated her own reputation.

Ouch:

<modsnip>
I do agree that Knox missed an opportunity to present herself to the court. She could have flown in just for a couple of days and returned quickly home.

This way, she could have presented herself in some subdued, demur and dignified way to the judge and jury, read her own statement to them in a heartfelt way, and this might have made a moving impact on them. She would have become more human and real to them.

After all, what did she have to fear? They weren't going to take her to jail....I really think she ought to have done this.

My understanding was that if Knox has something to say, she should attend court and say it.

That's not correct.

This would violate the right to be heard a part of the human rights. She can present statements by her lawyers. But it won't be a spontaneous statement.

Rudy Guede had a letter read to the court on his behalf, so I don't see why Amanda Knox shouldn't have an e mail read.

Yes and an excuse of not being able to afford it is ridiculous.

IMO her family has used the media to pay for many things, I agree with post up thread. She could've easily did an interview about returning to make an appearance and her flight would've been covered. Jmo

I personally don't care that she didn't, I won't judge her for it but it would've looked better for her. Maybe she will reconsider now.

The amateur armchair psychoanalysing reminds me of Giobbi who didn't need evidence to determine guilt. He said...

"This has been an investigation of a truly psychological nature"

Amanda Knox - Behavior = Guilt/Giobbi:"Case Closed" - YouTube

I think it's an insult they're not getting a fair trial. All defence requests bar one were denied, the jurors don't get to see the defence question killer Rudy Guede or hear any of the evidence. It seems they just have to go home and read thousands and thousands of pages of transcripts in there spare time....if they can be bothered. Or maybe they get on the internet or call up friends and ask about LCN DNA and what a Qubit Fluorometer dsDNA HS Kit is?
This. Nencini's failure to compel discovery of the forensic files alone is ridiculous and unfair. But the failure of the Nencini court to look into the cell phone data, the computer data, and the duodenum data is astonishing. There are two strong lines of evidence that Meredith died before 10 PM, and there is undisputed interaction on Raffaele's computer around 9:08. In addition, there is the Naruto file at around 9:26. MOO.

Rudy Guede had a letter read to the court on his behalf, so I don't see why Amanda Knox shouldn't have an e mail read.
True, but his ship was already sunk. The stakes are higher for Knox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3