Amscott, the car & the garbage dumpster revisited

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think some evidence, etc. was put in the Amscot dumpster?

• Yes

Votes: 348 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 134 27.8%

• Total voters
In the 400 pages, it is reported that the purse was sitting on the front passenger seat, the ignition key was sitting next to the purse.

I'd like to think Casey wouldn't dump Caylee in a dumpster. I think in the summer heat and a business dumping trash daily there would have been a good chance Caylee would have been found when an employee went to the dumpster. I'd hope an alert employee would have noticed an unusually foul smell, even with the summer heat.

ON the other hand, IF this was premeditated or at min a planned place to dump Caylee, does anyone know the refuse pick up schedule for this Amscot and at what time pick ups occur? If they were say, before the store opened the following morning it would be possible.

I keep going back to my 19.5 year old cat passing last October, it was an unseasonably warm day and I couldn't fathom leaving her in a dumpster. I drove around about 2.5 hours to find a vet open late afternoon/evening on a Sunday.

Poor Caylee.

It read as empty as per the 400 documents. George then went and got a gas can out of his trunk and put gas in it and drove it away.

Wonder how he knew to bring a gas can with him. I think George and Cindy already knew where Casey was and that she had run out of gas at Amscot. They were probably demanding that the car be brought back immediately along with Caylee and Casey had no choice. Maybe G. and C. were going to give her a little more time, but double crossed her and she had no time to come up with a story about carjacking or a babysitter borrowing her car to take Caylee somewhere.

If she did leave her purse and the keys in the car, then yes, I would lean more toward her hoping it would be stolen.

I am still chewing on the idea, though, that perhaps she planned to report it stolen herself. Pull a Susan Smith, so to speak... "Someone stole my car with the baby in it!" Maybe. Or maybe not. I'm still thinkin'...

Yup, I have ALWAYS thought of this scenerio as you have stated. I feel she WANTED some to take it so that she would have someone to throw blame on while she covers up her tracks. It would allow her to go on TV....be famous, like she dreamed of being and put on the fake Susan Smith tears all the while knowing she was the perp. Casey is stupid and things would have unraveled fast anyway as it has now.

She needed to keep Caylee "missing" for the GP's for her plan to work.
Her plan was to wait and as soon as it was stolen, that was when she was going to call the police. Unfortunate she was partying while she was waiting.....bad form. I am wondering now if there were any pings in that general area within visual distance to get a read on the situation.

O/T but newuser's post made me what happened to Christine? In that phone call, she seems to be a good friend of Casey's, but she sure has been flying under the radar since then.
Christine gave a staement in the 400 pages. I don't know about you but I would cut her loose too.

After Casey left the car near the dumpster where did she go? Did she walk back to her boyfriend's apartment? If she had called someone for a ride wouldn't they become suspicious about her just abandoning the car?

I recently emailed someone on WS that also owns a Pontiac Sunfire like Casey's. GA said the car was out of gas after looking at the gas gauge. Evidently, he would have been able to tell just by looking at the gas gauge before he started it. All of my vehicles have had electric gauges and wouldn't tell how much gas was in the car without being turned on. Basically, I just want to point out that it must have been out of gas. That is, unless the gas gauge really was faulty. If it always showed up "empty", then it could have still had gas in it.

After Casey left the car near the dumpster where did she go? Did she walk back to her boyfriend's apartment? If she had called someone for a ride wouldn't they become suspicious about her just abandoning the car?

TL picked her up. She told him that her car broke down.

In the 400 pages, it is reported that the purse was sitting on the front passenger seat, the ignition key was sitting next to the purse.

Okay, thanks. I did read the 400 pages, but guess I didn't remember seeing that fact. A lot of information to absorb there.

I think the reason she left the car by the dumpster is because of the smell. Anyone in the area would assume the odor was coming from the dumpster. As someone else said she probably left it running until it just ran out of gas. And I also agree with those that think she was hoping the car would be stolen.

When my car ran out of gas I kept trying to start it and finally messed up the fuel injection, ended up towed and in the shop.

Is there anyway to tell if she kept trying to start it, it did start when gas was put in it right?

Well, I do realize she has no respect for her parents or their stuff. The thing that has me somewhat baffled is this: so often in cases where someone has had a body in the car, you hear that they tried to clean the damning evidence up. They take the car to the car wash, they clean it inside and out, etc. Granted, they're rarely successful at getting all the trace evidence, but it does seem like there's usually an attempt to clean it up.

I can make no sense of it. Maybe she IS just that dumb, but I'd think that if she were truly stupid like that, she'd just have kept the "damn car" and cleaned it up and kept driving it. Why abandon it unless you are trying to hide something, but if you ARE trying to hide something, why leave the car in that condition? So confusing.

Just a thought.

Snipped

IMO Plain laziness and total lack of respect for anyone or anything.

To thin out the bamboo with the neighbor's shovel.:confused:

While her child is kidnapped:confused:

What's up with that:confused:

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I wonder if she didn't take trash out of the dumpster (pizza etc..) and put it in the truck thinking it would mask the smell. Did LE ever retrieve the bag of trash? If I remember correctly the gentleman at towing yard threw it over the fence, or George did.

Newbie here. It would depend on the type of dumpster. I don't think Casey is strong enough to lift 30-35 lbs. up to put Caylee's body in a top loading dumpster. Do you guys? If the dumpster is the type with the doors on the sides, she may have been able to. I don't think we know what type of dumpster is at the Amscot bldg.

JMO.

What day did Tony pick her up from AMSCOT? Was that fact ever established? Just because the manager first noticed the car on a certain day, does not mean that she didn't leave it there a few days earlier. I usually don't "notice" a vehicle in my parking lot overnight unless it has been there several days in a row unmoved. I just wonder if it was there earlier than LE thinks.

Newbie here. It would depend on the type of dumpster. I don't think Casey is strong enough to lift 30-35 lbs. up to put Caylee's body in a top loading dumpster. Do you guys? If the dumpster is the type with the doors on the sides, she may have been able to. I don't think we know what type of dumpster is at the Amscot bldg.

JMO.

That really isn't that much weight. I have a son the same age and I pick him up all the time. Not over my head per se, but I'm sure I could. Plus, you have to figure in the adrenaline factor.

I think she abandoned the car because she had just disposed of Caylee's body from the trunk. If I dumped a body from the trunk of my car, God forbid, the first thing I would do is separate myself from the car as soon as possible. I would be thinking that someone may have seen me do it and called the police. The witness would ID the car and there I'd be driving it around. I probably wouldn't drive it more than a mile or two before I got rid of it after dumping a body. That being said, it is possible Casey did this and Caylee's body is very near the Amscot.

Let's not forget that RATIONAL THINKING is NOT part of Casey's genetic make-up. Anyone who layers the lies in the manner she continues to do--and tells a different version to each person KNOWING that the persons may actually communicate with each other---does not use logic in the decision making process whatsoever.

As far as the landfill is concerned, I know for a fact that they have a grid map of where each truck leaves their loads. At work once, we accidently had some files taken to the dumpster and we had to go to the landfill to find them. They looked up the location from where it came and found the location where the truck was emptyed, we looked in that location and found our files.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon86
Back