Amscott, the car & the garbage dumpster revisited

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think some evidence, etc. was put in the Amscot dumpster?

• Yes

Votes: 348 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 134 27.8%

• Total voters
I think Casey borrowed the shovel because she was going to bury the child but found out it was too much work. I'm sure she is lazy and wouldn't want to go to too much trouble.
So, she drove around with her in the car trunk for a few days. The car started smelling bad, so she threw her in the dumpster at Amscot. Parked the car and ran it out of gas.

It is possible she did not put the car at the Amscott. Maybe a friend of hers borrowed the car and ditched it at that spot. Maybe she had a friend bring it to that spot and instructed the friend to leave the keys, purse, etc. in the vehicle. Possibly she was coming back to get the car and it got towed before she got there? If she was hoping for the vehicle to be stolen, I would park it in a more obvious spot. I would park in the middle of the parking lot! Maybe a friend stole the vehicle from her and parked it there....and why would they take evidence with them (her purse, keys, etc)

No, she says SHE left the car there... called Tony to pick her up & told Tony not to worry.... her dad would get the car later.

I don't know what time she was picked up.

I just do NOT think she'd dump Caylee's body there & then sit around waiting for Tony.

It's too dangerous... what if somebody saw her dumping something in the trash & got nosey? I don't think she'd take any EXTRA chances being caught with a dead body.

First time poster here. Been reading for about a month though.

I've been thinking the same thing as Kimmer for a long time. There would have to be a security camera at the checking cashing place. The only reason I could think of that it wouldn't be possible to get it is because maybe they only keep it for a few days and rotate the tapes? If nothing "fishy" has happened for THEM then do they really need to keep every single tape? It may have been rerecorded over by the time the LE was notified. Don't know for sure, just a thought.

I think they need to check the landfills in addition to what they are checking, and recheck the Anthonys back yard, like drill up that new cement slab in the yard!

From everything I have read I do not believe there was any concrete slab poured in the Anthony's backyard, There were only pavers put in place by the playhouse and those just sit in sand they do not use concrete or grout on pavers.

I've read Casey's version was the car ran out of gas just outside the Amscot and two guys pushed it into the parking lot. Well, from looking at the location of the dumpster & where her car would've been, it seems very unlikely they'd pick that spot to push it into especially with the maneuvering that would take. As for it being next to a dumpster, I think the smell was already in the car when she left it there and she put it by the dumpster to mask the odor coming from the car. I don't think she picked that particular dumpster to put Caylee in.

By Job I think you've got it...she parked it THERE to mask the odor-maybe she had JUST managed to get Casey OUT of the trunk and to where she is NOW and she was freaking out and beside a dumpster seemed like a good place to leave the car...

Originally Posted by panthera
I've read Casey's version was the car ran out of gas just outside the Amscot and two guys pushed it into the parking lot. Well, from looking at the location of the dumpster & where her car would've been, it seems very unlikely they'd pick that spot to push it into especially with the maneuvering that would take. As for it being next to a dumpster, I think the smell was already in the car when she left it there and she put it by the dumpster to mask the odor coming from the car. I don't think she picked that particular dumpster to put Caylee in.

Now, don't get me wrong I think CA is 105% guilty. But, if you look at the map if the car were to "run out of gas" as she says to the right of the entrance closest to where the car is parked, they only way to get it back in the parking lot would be backwards. There is no way they could've turned the car around on the road. So I think it is possible. Do I think that's what happened? Nope, not an ice cream cones chance in hell, just saying I think it could have.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but here goes ..... does Amscot have a camera inside the store?

I don't know if this has been asked before, but here goes ..... does Amscot have a camera inside the store?

I would think so! They deal with cash, and lots of it. I am sure if Casey went into the store they would by now. Casey's statement says she and some guys pushed the car into the parking lot. It would be interesting to know if the "helpers" contacted LE. I am sure they would have remembered helping her with all this coverage on tv.

A check cashing/advance place typically even has a lock on the door that a person working inside has to allow the door to open. I know this because even though I do well most of the time, I have in the past advanced a check in times of need.

The towyard's reciept when George picked up the car stated quite clearly, "NO KEYS" It also stated (in the interviews with Tow yard owner, in the 400) that George used his own set of keys to start up the car.

I don't know where the "keys and purse were in the car" reference is, but it's not in my copy of the 400.

Also, the 400 states that the abandoned car was first noticed on the scene on the 27th, and was parked with the front facing the curb, not turned-around as many of the posters in this thread are saying. (where did that info come from?)

The only reference to the car being "backed in" anywhere, was the grandparents garage when Casey borrowed the shovel.

Odd that Casey (according to George) had taken the gas cans from the shed. only a few days ahead of this (report made), and he claimed he later retrieved them fromt he car. It would seem that she must have done quite a bit of driving at the time.

The bag that George retrieved from the back of the car "contained maggots, pizza and paper", per the tow tard owner, and was thrown over a fence at the yard "near the dumpster". It was retrieved by LE (last page of the 400).

Don't think the grandparents are involved? Both towyard interveiws pointed out that George said, "We have my daughter back, but my granddaughter is still missing". Then we have Cindy saying "we found Casey through a phone number on a piece of paper in the car."

So, George Anthony..? I'm glad you found your gas cans in Casey's car within the two three days that elapsed between the report and the car being abandoned. Mind explaining how you found Casey prior to getting Any's number from the paper in the car, Cindy calling Amy and then picking her up to get Casey brought to the house?

WHile we're at it, I wonder how Casey was unaware that her mother went to the greatgrandfather's place on father's day with the child.. 6-7 days after Casey reportedly last saw the baby.

Personally, I know this throws a monkey wrench into a lot of the ideas being bounced around about the car, but I think there was indeed a bag of trash in the back of the car that, after an undisclosed amount of time in the car (at least the 27th through the 16th), stunk-up the vehicle.

How long would it have to be there to produce maggots on the 15th? Maggots are only a single phase of decomposition.

I also feel that it's intended to be one of the many smoke screens put up by Casey, Cindy, and George, to throw-up enough confusion to block prosecution from proving anything beyond a shadow of doubt to the Jury. Not only do they have a good lawyer.. George is an ex-cop.

LE on the other hand was careful on how they released the information regarding the stuff found in the trunk at the house. They found hair with bacteria on it and found decomposition... Of.... ? Sure, it's Caylee's hair, but I'm sure there's a few of MY hairs in my trunk without having actually climbed into it.

There's decomposition evidence, but of a human body? of Caylee's body? This has still not been revealed.

Remember what Cindy said would be the best method of retrieving info from the daughter? "put the fear of God into her".

Is that the truth, or is it part of the smokescreen designed to get investigators to slip up on the case by being seen to coerce the suspect?

So imagine.. "Hey Casey.. got your girl in that trunk, and signs of decomposition. We also have you dumping the car. We really don't need much from you now, but if you wanna' tell us anything, the offer of immunity still stands... for now.. but it's fading fast."

Casey's efforts seemed geared towards running a goosechase and purposely obscuring the timeline of events, to throw off investigators "Sure, I know I've been lying, but I didn't lie about the apartment or the date." Then what actually happened if Work was a lie.. why not give the investigators what you really did after you dropped off Caylee, to find a way to corroborate your story?

My gut feeling is that the Grandparents know more about what happened than Casey does. Perhaps the baby was given away, or perhaps that was the story given to Casey as she was told to stir up the clouds of deceit, while the parents turned-up the heat on her.

Casey is lying, that's been well established but now I wonder why her parents are lying too.

Remember what Cindy said would be the best method of retrieving info from the daughter? "put the fear of God into her". (snipped)

I thought that her friend RYAN made this statement?

Why hasn't anyone talked about this? She could have simply tossed Caylee in when she ran out of gas. She was parked right next to it. The fact she never returned to refuel leads me to believe that's exactly what she did.

I saw on the news on WESH that the dogs didn't hit on the dumpster so they don't think she was put there.

Yes this has been discussed.. we just have no proof of that. If LE does then GREAT but as it stands now it could be a dumpser, lake, wooded area etc... Just b/c she "ran out of gas there" who's to say the body wasn't dumped prior to that..and then again who's to say it was not.

Remember what Cindy said would be the best method of retrieving info from the daughter? "put the fear of God into her". (snipped)

I thought that her friend RYAN made this statement?

He did. Ryan Pasley, not Cindy.

Document 3, page 23, line 17

Not only does every window at amscot have cameras however, they also have bullet proof glass. The place is open 24/7--is relatively new and would have to have top notch security being the large amounts of cash being dealt with.

I hope I can post these here...... for those of us who can't just do a 'ride by." BTW, I don't do "shrink" very well....still learning, sorry.

Amscot2.jpg

Amscot3.jpg

IIRC i read somewhere that a couple of guys helped her push it in the parking lot when it ran out of gas. why go to the bother to push it so it was backed in??? Wouldn't that be a lot of turning a "dead weight" car?

I've often wondered if Casey was in a blackout when Caylee was "disposed" (sorry, that just sounds awful) of. Alot of times the gates to dumpsters are shut, but not locked.

I know I read that the car was backed in also but now I cant remember where I saw that. Does anyone else recall that the car was backed in? TIA

Her car was not a very heavy car but if it was inoperable so would the power steering be and it would be extremely difficult to maneuver into the parking space imo.

I do not believe the car was inoperable. I also don't believe her story about the two guys. This is a very high profile case and we have not heard a word about them coming forward to LE that they were the ones who pushed her car. Imo they do not exist.

I don't think she put Caylee in the dumpster there. I think she ditched the car because of the overpowering pungent smell of decomposition.

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpond1972
Back