Amy Bradley, 23, Disappeared from cruise ship en route to Curaçao, 24 March 1998 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Amy's case not always appearing on the FBI site along with other missing persons, to my knowledge her case has never been removed from Interpol since it was initially submitted:

https://www.interpol.int/notice/search/missing/2011-955

Do we know what the FBI protocol is once a case has been submitted to the Interpol database?

I don’t know about the protocol, but I am certain Amy’s Page was removed from the FBI’s Kidnapped Page for awhile. Many times I looked for it and each time it wasn’t there. Happy to see it back up with age progression photos.

In the Lucas Hernandez thread, this is just an example of what only 5 months on drugs can do to a person's appearance:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Feb-2018-21-*Arrest*&p=14097688#post14097688

In the above link to Lucas' thread, I also find it interesting that, although same person (EG), the nose appears to be a different shape (whether due to lighting, angle, facial expression).

Very true. I did think of Emily's drastic change in appearance, so it is certainly possibly that heavy drug use and drinking could make a dramatic difference in one's appearance. I guess I just don't "see" the resemblance that others see in the photo, but that doesn't mean it's not Amy. I often don't see what others find obvious in photos. :)

I don’t know about the protocol, but I am certain Amy’s Page was removed from the FBI’s Kidnapped Page for awhile. Many times I looked for it and each time it wasn’t there. Happy to see it back up with age progression photos.

Amy looks younger in the age progression photos than the woman in the "Jas" photo from years ago. But I realize the age progression photos are just renderings and not actual photographs. I think the age progression artist has done a good job, but maybe they should take into account that if Amy is alive, she may look much older if she has been on drugs.

Interesting the differences in opinion of the "Jas" photos. The female in those photos appears to be quite young (30ish). Not sure where people are seeing a middle aged lady?!?!

I would put the age range from 25-35.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

I have stared at the photos and watched the overlay video for the past hour or so.

I just don’t think it’s her.

(Sorry)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting the differences in opinion of the "Jas" photos. The female in those photos appears to be quite young (30ish). Not sure where people are seeing a middle aged lady?!?!

I would put the age range from 25-35.

As I said, for me, it's the jowls. That type of skin sagging is most prevalent after age 40, and usually closer to age 50. I think if the cheeks weren't so droopy, I would peg "Jas" as many years younger.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

I have stared at the photos and watched the overlay video for the past hour or so.

I just don’t think it’s her.

(Sorry)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see Amy in the photo, either, but if the FBI thinks it might be her, then I will defer to their judgment. They certainly have better eyes and technology than I do. I wish we had a picture of "Jas" facing straight at the camera or with better lighting or something. Maybe then I could see what others see.

Its hard to believe some guy seen her and contacted her family. Because out of 1million missing people; I probably wouldn't recognize any if they walked by me.

Especially before Amber Alerts, Websleuths and Social Media was truly a big thing. And even now.

So I can't believe that sighting as to being credible for the moment.

Example. A white supremacist is now going to court for killing a white woman that was dating a black man.

Now the kkk guy argued with the couple and then came back and shot at them. Now he missed the black male but the white female was killed.

A year later. The black male and Kkk guy were both in jail and playing cards or checkers together. But the black male didn't know that the white guy was the one that murdered his girlfriend until the white guy told him.

So even though the black guy gave police a good description of the perp on day1. He still didn't recognize the perp while playing cards with him in jail a year later.

So imo. I can't take some of these Amy sightings that serious if the sightings were months and years later. Jmo.

Its hard to believe some guy seen her and contacted her family. Because out of 1million missing people; I probably wouldn't recognize any if they walked by me.

Especially before Amber Alerts, Websleuths and Social Media was truly a big thing. And even now.

So I can't believe that sighting as to being credible for the moment.

Example. A white supremacist is now going to court for killing a white woman that was dating a black man.

Now the kkk guy argued with the couple and then came back and shot at them. Now he missed the black male but the white female was killed.

A year later. The black male and Kkk guy were both in jail and playing cards or checkers together. But the black male didn't know that the white guy was the one that murdered his girlfriend until the white guy told him.

So even though the black guy gave police a good description of the perp on day1. He still didn't recognize the perp while playing cards with him in jail a year later.

So imo. I can't take some of these Amy sightings that serious if the sightings were months and years later. Jmo.

Which sighting are you referring to Dexter?

The thing is, in two of the sightings it was more than just what she looked like. In one report she said my name is Amy Bradley(US military member in Curacao).
In another report she said her name was Amy from Virginia.(Barbados dept store washroom).
Another sighting(Carmichael), she was identified not just by her looks but also her tattoos after Carmicheal saw that she may be in distress so had a closer look literally a few feet away. Also in Curacao.
It has also been said that the San Francisco sighting was legitimate and unique in who the witness was.

It has also been said that the San Francisco sighting was unique in who the witness was.

The San Francisco sighting seems to be the most mysterious of all the sightings. I wish we could know more! What do you think it means that the witness was unique? A friend or relative of Amy's? Someone who would absolutely recognize her and not be mistaken?

Or, could it mean it was someone who was already familiar with her case...an FBI agent?

As I said, for me, it's the jowls. That type of skin sagging is most prevalent after age 40, and usually closer to age 50. I think if the cheeks weren't so droopy, I would peg "Jas" as many years younger.

I see it as a look of disgust on her face while pretending to smile at the same time.
There is no way, IMO, that the female in the "Jas" pictures is anywhere near 50 yrs old. 35 would be the absolute high end for me.

The San Francisco sighting seems to be the most mysterious of all the sightings. I wish we could know more! What do you think it means that the witness was unique? A friend or relative of Amy's? Someone who would absolutely recognize her and not be mistaken?

Or, could it mean it was someone who was already familiar with her case...an FBI agent?

I have no idea what it means. But i think this sighting was a turning point in the investigation.

Which sighting are you referring to Dexter?

The thing is, in two of the sightings it was more than just what she looked like. In one report she said my name is Amy Bradley(US military member in Curacao).
In another report she said her name was Amy from Virginia.(Barbados dept store washroom).
Another sighting(Carmichael), she was identified not just by her looks but also her tattoos after Carmicheal saw that she may be in distress so had a closer look literally a few feet away. Also in Curacao.
It has also been said that the San Francisco sighting was legitimate and unique in who the witness was.

Well dang.

Out of all these credible sightings.

Than why hasn't Amy been picked up during those times?

Or did the studied info and description come too late for police to immediately react?

Btw. A known reward brings out the best in people months and years later. Jmo.

Well dang.

Out of all these credible sightings.

Than why hasn't Amy been picked up during those times?

Or did the studied info and description come too late for police to immediately react?

Btw. A known reward brings out the best in people months and years later. Jmo.

Well, none of them knew at the time who she was.
IMO, these sightings are too specific to just disregard. Who Amy has been with, where she has been and whether or not she is being held against her will are all up for debate.

Just watched the newest ID Disappeared episode about Amy.

This is a brief synopsis, not quoted verbatim
FBI agent Erin Sheridan states they did have people come forward who saw Amy on the deck walking around and entering the elevator, all accounts that they “truly believe are genuine.”
Although the exact times are not known... between 4:00 and 7:00 a.m. they have a gap of time, they just don’t know what happened.
( Brad last saw Amy at about 4 a.m. when he went to bed and she was still on the balcony. Mr. Bradley woke up after that around 5 -5:30 and saw her. Seems the gap should be a little shorter?) jmo

According to FBI special agent Bradley Bryant who spent weeks conducting interviews with friends and acquaintances of Amy, the possibility of her committing suicide was highly unlikely.

Re: sighting in Curacao beach by David Carmichael five months after Amy went missing, the FBI states it was the most credible sighting they've had since Amy went missing .
There were unfortunately complications to vetting the sighting by Carmichael due to the fact that Curacao is not under American jurisdiction, so presents a huge challenge to the FBI. Unfortunately their investigation revealed negative results and they were not able to corroborate it.

The sighting by the naval officer at the brothel in Curaçao could not be confirmed due to the brothel being burned down and the passage of time.

Re the photos on the adult website that appear to be Amy , 2005, the photos were sent to a man who now works for the FBI, who does facial comparisons , and he told the Bradley’s that in his opinion he thought it was Amy. The FBI did follow that lead , the difficult part is that back then information such as that, pictures such as that, you can not tell when they are altered. Agents on the ground in Curacao had no luck finding the woman in the photographs, and they could not determine its authenticity so the lead went no where.

FBI agents continue to follow all credible leads. They haven’t given up on their goal of solving this case and bringing some answers to the Bradley family.

Agent Bryant: There are still several possibilities out there as to what happened to Amy.

Agent Erin Sheridan: Until we find the answer, until we have someone who comes forward , until we have someone on that ship that saw or heard something, we’re going to keep investigating, and we’re not gonna stop.

Brad Bradley: “I’ve learned that not knowing is the only thing that allows us any hope. I was blessed to have Amy for as long as I did”.

Iva Bradley: “We believe Amy’s out there”.
My comments:

It’s truly heartbreaking seeing Iva still in so much grief, this poor lady has endured this horror for 20 years. :cry:

I’m not sure what to really think if the last possible credible sighting of Amy was in 2005, and even that wasn’t corroborated. That’s 13 years ago. Unless they are keeping such information quiet for security reasons.

Interesting that all sightings mentioned in this episode were in Curacao. Nothing about the Barbados restroom or San Francisco sightings. Interesting too that all the sightings are in Curacao where Amy was first reported missing and that’s where the ship was docked.

And, I also believe Jashrema is right, the FBI is not going to reveal anything important or significant to the public in an ongoing investigation. As in, everything in this episode is pretty much everything we’ve heard before, the FBI revealed nothing new.

Just watched the newest ID Disappeared episode about Amy.

This is a brief synopsis, not quoted verbatim
FBI agent Erin Sheridan states they did have people come forward who saw Amy on the deck walking around and entering the elevator, all accounts that they “truly believe are genuine.”
Although the exact times are not known... between 4:00 and 7:00 a.m. they have a gap of time, they just don’t know what happened.
( Brad last saw Amy at about 4 a.m. when he went to bed and she was still on the balcony. Mr. Bradley woke up after that around 5 -5:30 and saw her. Seems the gap should be a little shorter?) jmo

According to FBI special agent Bradley Bryant who spent weeks conducting interviews with friends and acquaintances of Amy, the possibility of her committing suicide was highly unlikely.

Re: sighting in Curacao beach by David Carmichael five months after Amy went missing, the FBI states it was the most credible sighting they've had since Amy went missing .
There were unfortunately complications to vetting the sighting by Carmichael due to the fact that Curacao is not under American jurisdiction, so presents a huge challenge to the FBI. Unfortunately their investigation revealed negative results and they were not able to corroborate it.

The sighting by the naval officer at the brothel in Curaçao could not be confirmed due to the brothel being burned down and the passage of time.

Re the photos on the adult website that appear to be Amy , 2005, the photos were sent to a man who now works for the FBI, who does facial comparisons , and he told the Bradley’s that in his opinion he thought it was Amy. The FBI did follow that lead , the difficult part is that back then information such as that, pictures such as that, you can not tell when they are altered. Agents on the ground in Curacao had no luck finding the woman in the photographs, and they could not determine its authenticity so the lead went no where.

FBI agents continue to follow all credible leads. They haven’t given up on their goal of solving this case and bringing some answers to the Bradley family.

Agent Bryant: There are still several possibilities out there as to what happened to Amy.

Agent Erin Sheridan: Until we find the answer, until we have someone who comes forward , until we have someone on that ship that saw or heard something, we’re going to keep investigating, and we’re not gonna stop.

Brad Bradley: “I’ve learned that not knowing is the only thing that allows us any hope. I was blessed to have Amy for as long as I did”.

Iva Bradley: “We believe Amy’s out there”.
My comments:

It’s truly heartbreaking seeing Iva still in so much grief, this poor lady has endured this horror for 20 years. :cry:

I’m not sure what to really think if the last possible credible sighting of Amy was in 2005, and even that wasn’t corroborated. That’s 13 years ago. Unless they are keeping such information quiet for security reasons.

Interesting that all sightings mentioned in this episode were in Curacao. Nothing about the Barbados restroom or San Francisco sightings. Interesting too that all the sightings are in Curacao where Amy was first reported missing and that’s where the ship was docked.

And, I also believe Jashrema is right, the FBI is not going to reveal anything important or significant to the public in an ongoing investigation. As in, everything in this episode is pretty much everything we’ve heard before, the FBI revealed nothing new.

Thanks for typing that all out.

Is the episode available for free now? (Unlocked)

Overboard (for whatever reason) 10-15 miles out is the only theory that makes sense.

About the gap in time between 4-7 am, since Amy came back to the cabin shortly after Brad, it would make sense that people saw her walking alone (back to the cabin) around 4. Would that not account for that sighting?

Do we know WHY since Amy and Brad were together all night that they did not arrive back at the cabin together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member