Amy Winehouse dead at 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no idea as to the degree of truth here, possibly just a hanger-on's fantasy sold to a tabloid with the extra bonus of a print reference for his band, but it does have at least the faint ring of truth:

Amy had replaced drugs with white wine. She woke up
and drank, she lost track of the days, say friends of dead star
(Daily Mail; actually, it's just one person saying so)
---
The problem was that she replaced drugs with alcohol. White wine was her main drink and sometimes she would wake up and drink. It meant she lost track of days – for Amy there was no day or night, no Monday or Friday. Three months ago I popped round to her house one afternoon, found her asleep on the kitchen floor and had to help her to bed.
---
much more, not without interest (albeit prurient interest), at link above

I have no idea of the validity of this person's claims either, woof. He sure seems to have had a history with AW based on what he says. I hope that if it is true that he and Amy laid down a track together that it is released someday!

What he says about Amy's drinking and losing track of day and night, dark and light is certainly believable to me. I often wonder if the reports of Amy's Dr telling her to wean herself off the drink slowly wasn't just an excuse for her to drink in front of others and an attempt to control the compulsion. JMO.

wm

I have no idea of the validity of this person's claims either, woof. He sure seems to have had a history with AW based on what he says. I hope that if it is true that he and Amy laid down a track together that it is released someday!

What he says about Amy's drinking and losing track of day and night, dark and light is certainly believable to me. I often wonder if the reports of Amy's Dr telling her to wean herself off the drink slowly wasn't just an excuse for her to drink in front of others and an attempt to control the compulsion. JMO.

wm

Alcohol withdrawal CAN be fatal! Not usually, but it is very possible

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholism#Alcohol_withdrawal

Not saying this is what happened to her, but just acknowledging that it IS possible!

it amazes me how many people have been quoted in the press as having lost 'the love of their life' or their 'best friend' ...

it does sound like she was a generous soul though and everyone's 'mama'

it amazes me how many people have been quoted in the press as having lost 'the love of their life' or their 'best friend' ...

it does sound like she was a generous soul though and everyone's 'mama'

I believe you are correct LadyL. This article is a nice tribute to Amy by her goddaughter. Except that the DM brought up the 'fixer'. If the toxicology reports show drugs in Amy's system, I hope he is arrested.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...mfield-opens-mother-figure-Amy-Winehouse.html

~snipped~

Despite the rumours Dionne has said she will remember Amy as ‘loving’ and a ‘mother figure’.

She said: ‘She loved cooking, she loved singing she was just a really, really sweet person. She was like a mother figure to me.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...other-figure-Amy-Winehouse.html#ixzz1UXQVVZMM

wm

I think compassion is needed...whatever the cause of Amy's death.

Maybe someday there won't be such a strong and pervasive stigma about addictions, and people won't be judgmental, but will consider addictions to be similar to cancer and other more "acceptable" potentially terminal diseases. I can dream...and I will.

There is always hope...SIGH. :(

That said, we don't know the COD yet.

Amy was a human being, deserving of love and compassion just like everyone else.

Perhaps she's singing with that incredibly huge band in Heaven now and/or is an angel... :angel:

sounds like an early Beatles recording ...

I love Greenday but this song isn't doing it for me ... too familiar & simplistic for me

Its being reported here that there was no illegal drugts in her body but there were signs of alchohol. However when they say no illegal drugs...thats not saying she didnt have normal medication and possibly a overdose combined with the alchohol.

I hope the dealer who reported he had sold her a load of drugs that night gets his just desserts
What a loser :liar: :sick:
Where is the loser smiley?

Since she had alcohol in her system, I suppose "alcohol withdrawal" theory can be put to rest.

Since she had alcohol in her system, I suppose "alcohol withdrawal" theory can be put to rest.

Not yet....if she were drinking white wine all day long for some time (as one of her close friends said - that she had replaced street drugs with white wine) and then severely CUT her intake of white wine, she could have indeed died from alcohol withdrawal. More information is still needed.

It's great that she had no illegal drugs in her system, but frankly legal, doc-prescribed drugs can be AS if not MORE dangerous than certain street drugs. For example, she could have mixed therapeutic, doctor-sanctioned amounts of opiates, benzos and sleep meds with alcohol and that could have caused an OD.

Rest in peace, Amy.

Also, she was such a tiny little thing and years of chemical abuse had probably put a major strain on her body systems...even if no illegal drugs were found, I don't think I could ever believe that her drug abuse didn't contribute to her death in some form or fashion.

Like was stated above she could still be on pain meds if they were prescribed for her which would make them legal . Sometimes when things are worded like that ...
Poor thing ..she was so troubled .
I hope she has peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214