Amy Winehouse dead at 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, not surprised at all. And that itself is sadder than anything else :(

Amy, Amy, Amy...

Man...this was a harsh one when my mom broke it to me this morning in the park. I had avoided Amy, turned off by what I had seen of her tabloid habits. Then I heard her...and I was floored and talk about addicted. Ask my DH and kids...one of her songs is usually eiter playing or badly emanating from my lips, and def stuck in my head. Things seemed like they were starting to turn for her. I was hoping anyhow. I was glad to hear she had taken the initiative to get into rehab before her comeback show, but saddened to see she came out completely inebriated. It takes steps though, and not all of them are forward. Unfortunately this step was the last and that is sad.

What ever happened, how ever she reached her final rest, I hope she can find the peace that her troubled soul seemed to desperately struggle to reach for while she graced this plane.
I hope there are a few tracks out there that we will get to share in cause, dang, I need more. I was so ready for her to start laying it down again! Maybe she can find her sweet bird Ava now...

There was always talk that the large newspapers/media had written the obit for Amy quite awhile ago. The publication of this obit kinds makes me think that talk was spot on.

So sad to see how many saw this coming, but Amy did not. I hope she finds some peace now.

Mel
:eek:A fill in the blank obit... :cry:nakes total sense. I feel a little ill,
so sad!
Rehab lyrics

The man said 'why do you think you here'
I said 'I got no idea
I'm gonna, I'm gonna lose my baby
so I always keep a bottle near'

I'm saddened by this ;( she was so young and talented ;( I felt sorry for her, actually.

There was always talk that the large newspapers/media had written the obit for Amy quite awhile ago. The publication of this obit kinds makes me think that talk was spot on.

Yes, the Telegraph had its up very early, time-stamped 6:54 p.m. BST. Her body was found, according to
the Mail, at 3:54 p.m. BST, and of course it would take some time for the sad information to be verified.

Both the Guardian's (above) and the Telegraph's (link here) are lengthy, detailed obituaries.

From the Telegraph obit:
---
In late 2007 Amy Winehouse's father Mitch was reported to have taken the precaution of writing her obituary, fearful that the end could not be far away.
---

newspapers have obits pre-written for all public figures & update them continually

RIP Amy

Amy, Amy, Amy...

Man...this was a harsh one when my mom broke it to me this morning in the park. I had avoided Amy, turned off by what I had seen of her tabloid habits. Then I heard her...and I was floored and talk about addicted. Ask my DH and kids...one of her songs is usually eiter playing or badly emanating from my lips, and def stuck in my head. Things seemed like they were starting to turn for her. I was hoping anyhow. I was glad to hear she had taken the initiative to get into rehab before her comeback show, but saddened to see she came out completely inebriated. It takes steps though, and not all of them are forward. Unfortunately this step was the last and that is sad.

What ever happened, how ever she reached her final rest, I hope she can find the peace that her troubled soul seemed to desperately struggle to reach for while she graced this plane.
I hope there are a few tracks out there that we will get to share in cause, dang, I need more. I was so ready for her to start laying it down again! Maybe she can find her sweet bird Ava now...

I can relate to your post, the first time I heard Amy sing was on the Grammys 2008, I was hooked! Her unique retro style and that fabulous voice was so refreshing during a time of RAP overload. She truly had a gift and I hope she knew how much she was loved. I will miss her.
Thank you Amy for all of the great music :goldstar:

Melanie- when I heard she had died I remembered immediately that she had to leave the stage at a concert 3 weeks ago or so. At that time it had been reported that she had checked herself into rehab, and then I heard nothing more about her. My husband and I were talking about that just last evening. So tragic- seems that everyone but Amy could see the end she to which she would soon come. RIP, Amy Winehouse.

there was a recent tabloid pic of her from about 10 days ago ... she looked great

Amy, Amy, Amy... :(

I think I'll dust off my bad girl pumps, amp up the speakers and sing along to F Me Pumps, in hopes that she is at peace and no longer suffering the fight she had with her demons. That is one of my favorite songs of hers... if anyone wants to see her healthy and happy, that is the video to watch. It's an old video and some media jack$$es considered her "plump" then... :(. Poor girl couldn't win, at times...

Amy, Amy, Amy... :(

I think I'll dust off my bad girl pumps, amp up the speakers and sing along to F Me Pumps, in hopes that she is at peace and no longer suffering the fight she had with her demons. That is one of my favorite songs of hers... if anyone wants to see her healthy and happy, that is the video to watch. It's an old video and some media jack$$es considered her "plump" then... :(. Poor girl couldn't win, at times...

Elphaba, I'm with you!

wm :)

I want to thank all my wonderful, beautiful, fellow websleuthers. I saw this story on CNN this morning. The majority of posters on there were so horribly cruel about it - "Oh, who cares, one more nasty addict dead." That kind of thing.

I realize this gal' wrote a dismissive song about rehab and killed her self with drugs, but she also went to rehab repeatedly and clearly was suffering. The lack of even an ounce of pity for a fellow human being in those posts made me start to feel very depressed about our society. So, I decided to come here and see what you all had to say.

Thanks for making me feel better about humanity, guys. Love ya'!

omg so very sad, she was so talented. :( a picture of her within the last week had folks saying she looked healthier

I'm saddened by this ;( she was so young and talented ;( I felt sorry for her, actually.

I did, too. Nobody is that self-destructive unless they are wrestling with some serious demons. (I'm using the latter term metaphorically. I don't believe in "evil spirits.")

Very sad, one so talented to lose their lives so young.
This was expected yet so very sad.

My prayers go out to her family, friends.

Goz

I want to thank all my wonderful, beautiful, fellow websleuthers. I saw this story on CNN this morning. The majority of posters on there were so horribly cruel about it - "Oh, who cares, one more nasty addict dead." That kind of thing.

I realize this gal' wrote a dismissive song about rehab and killed her self with drugs, but she also went to rehab repeatedly and clearly was suffering. The lack of even an ounce of pity for a fellow human being in those posts made me start to feel very depressed about our society. So, I decided to come here and see what you all had to say.

Thanks for making me feel better about humanity, guys. Love ya'!

OT but Jimmy McCulloch, formerly of Wings, co-wrote a song called "Medicine Jar" that appears on a Wings album, forget which one. It's an anti-drug song. He didn't write the lyrics but I believe he sings them on the Wings album. He died of a heroin overdose.

Amy Winehouse Dies, Before Our Eyes (Huffington Post)
---
Her death is probably one of the least surprising tragedies in recent memory, given that we've been witnessing her slow-motion decline for, well, ever since we've known her.

But then again, it's one of the most surprising, because we've been witnessing her slow-motion decline ever since we've known her. It's the only way we've ever known her, so none of her self-destructive antics leading up to this were really all that surprising when they occurred.
---
much more at link above

What a sad shame. I'm 55 and loved her music. Such a young woman who could have had the world. However, when I first heard of her and her troubles I thought this would have happened awhile ago. I really hope she is at peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back