Amy Winehouse dead at 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So sad. Breaks my heart. RIP Amy

You really can't compare her with talentless pop divas and the current parade of autotuned, fashion challenged zombies. You just can't.
Well said.
Rest in Peace Amy.Your Voice will be missed.

it took me a little while to think of the name of who Amy reminds me of. since the first time i saw her and heard her sing. as i've said before, i never really heard much of her singing but i remember the first time i did she always reminded me of Billie Holliday. they both seem to have a voice that is unique, both were talented and both lived a life of drug and alcohol abuse and turmoil. their souls seemed so pained and i think that's what made their singing so unique.

Sordid tabloid coverage picking right up:

Sordid final hours of a troubled star:
Amy Winehouse had 'bought ecstasy, cocaine and ketamine' on the night before tragic death

The sordid details of Amy Winehouse's final hours emerged today, with claims that she bought a cocktail of narcotics including cocaine, ecstasy and ketamine.

Although the exact cause of death has not yet been released by police, it is claimed she was seen buying drugs from a dealer in Camden just after 10:30pm on Friday.
---

more at Sunday Mail link above

Sunday Mirror: Amy Winehouse dead after 'drink and drugs binge'
---
Last night a neighbour told how he heard noises from Amy’s home on Saturday afternoon.

“At about 3.30am I heard crying from next door... terrible crying like somebody mourning.The ambulances and police cars arrived shortly after that.”

Police described Amy’s death as “unexplained”. But friends who have seen her over the last few weeks say she had hit the self-destruct button over the last two days in wild drinking sessions around Camden, North London.

A friend said: “She has spent the last seven days on a massive bender and people were saying she’s going to drink herself to death.”

Friends who were with her believe she died from a “bad” ecstasy pill combined with huge amounts of alcohol
---
more at link above

This is so very sad..Kelly Osborne twittered she had lost her very best friend and no one will know the real Amy..Wish we could have...RIP Amy...

Re: Newspaper obits. Most of the big papers will have obits not only for older celebs but also any younger ones who may be in trouble. The LA Times, for instance, most likely has pre-written obits for Lindsay Lohan and Britney because of past troubles. They'll update them as necessary. I'm certain the UK papers had pre-written obits for Amy.

She has now joined the infamous "27 club" all those famous talented souls who never made it to 28.

I did not know anything about this young lady until I saw a piece on t.v. today. It is very sad that she may have felt she was worthless. You could see it coming from the clips that were shown, the rapid decline. I know the feeling well, there are times when no one can help and you just cannot hear the love in a friend's voice or see it in their eyes. You truly feel you are bringing everyone down with you.

If you ever have a friend that suddenly changes patterns, get noisy, be up there behind, don't put them down, but force them to go for coffee or juice, or bring it to them, make them sleep over (or you force yourself on them for a sleepover) but pretend it is for fun, be ready to call 911.

Nef;

I don't know if it was just the drugs. I think that just facilitated it. Sometimes people do feel worthless, the drugs are a first stop to try to forget that. They become an end stop, but if end stop was the intention, there is always the car, the gas stove, the gun, the knife. Drugs just make it cleaner for everyone left behind. :(

It's been suggested that, without her demons, Amy would not have produced the sheer genius that is Back to Black. Troubled romances, disordered lives, and the drink- & drug-taking they encourage sometimes are keys to the quality of the art - for some, one's darker muses are easier to summon, and deceptively available, seemingly on-call.

But for awhile, only for a very little while.

well said wfgodot

It's been suggested that, without her demons, Amy would not have produced the sheer genius that is Back to Black. Troubled romances, disordered lives, and the drink- & drug-taking they encourage sometimes are keys to the quality of the art - for some, one's darker muses are easier to summon, and deceptively available, seemingly on-call.

Oh wow wfgodot,the thanks button was not good enough!

I believe that you are so correct,and I heard it before with other celebrities. Get high! Do drugs! They bring out your inner soul and you can create great music!!

Of course there are the strong ones that can do it for a while,and then pull back and get back to reality. And then there are the others,that just take it too far.

Very observant wfgodot!

You reminded me of a theory that mental illness (depression) and creative genius are two sides of the same coin.

In fact I've seen it described that the difference is only wafer thin.

You reminded me of a theory that mental illness (depression) and creative genius are two sides of the same coin.

In fact I've seen it described that the difference is only wafer thin.

Kat, You are so right! The drugs they give you for mental illness can produce the same effect. Low self-esteem, a feeling of numbness and emptiness, they even warn you that the drugs for mental illness will cause a side effect of suicide. So, in reality..you are caught in a hard place with yourself and your demons!

I feel so bad for her family
She really had such a problem with drugs and alcohol and they really tried to help her .
I hate the fact that she died alone like that ..I just read she was alone in her bed and no drugs things were found so they feel it was alcohol..that chick had only a gas petal and no stop
but that girl could SING!!!
I have always got goosebumps listening to her ..she hit you right THERE with that voice and feeling .
I could honestly care less about the Rehab song ..I liked her heart wrenching ones .
I will miss you Amy !! I followed your music and follwed your personal slide and always rooted for you !
Such a tiny little bird and I know she had lung problems too .
I also love the way she is being treated in this thread
YOU GUYS ROCK!

From working at 5 papers I know we have obits pre-written for elderly public figures and those who have a tenuous grip on life. The rest we create on the fly.

different countries perhaps ...

any large news org. I know of here has them all pre-written

She was very talented and very troubled. May she now find peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back