Amy Winehouse dead at 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
such great talent lost too early.....there's another one that i also have worried about in the past.....she dropped out of the limelight a few years ago but she's coming back with her own label......she is joss stone <<<<< an amazing artist

This is heartbreaking to me and another example of the fact that addiction is a fatal disease.

My heart goes out to her family.

I was shocked to see she died. I didn't know who she was for awhile but kept seeing stories of her struggles. Looked her up, listened to her, and fell in love with her music and voice. Seemed to me her vulnerability and pain jumped out of most of her photos. I prayed for her several times and hoped for the best for her. I wish she'd won this war. I try to be empathic and compassionate, but her passing will make me more keenly aware of the pain of addicts, and to offer healthy support any way I can. I wanted to give this to you, Amy, for a long time: :hug:

I hope her loss will save others.

Russell Brand pens touching tribute to Amy Winehouse
Actor urges those who know addicts to help them before it's too late

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43872754/ns/today-entertainment/

wm

They have about them the air of elsewhere, that they're looking through you to somewhere else they'd rather be. And of course they are. The priority of any addict is to anesthetize the pain of living to ease the passage of the day with some purchased relief."

This is a beautiful tribute. I snipped an especially poignent statement by him.

It may seem off topic but not really, although my own family member who died at the age of 54 by drinking herself to death wasn't a creative genius, this statement I think highlights what we as non addicts who are down in the trenches with addicts and their self destructive behaviors can lose sight of----that they are in overwhelming, staggering pain. The type of pain that makes it seem as if their very soul has a third degree burn. JMHO

Dr. Drew discussing Amy's death now on HLN......

Russell Brand pens touching tribute to Amy Winehouse
Actor urges those who know addicts to help them before it's too late

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43872754/ns/today-entertainment/

wm

My favorite part..

..."Not all addicts have Amy's incredible talent. Or Kurt [Cobain]'s or Jimi [Hendrix]'s or Janis [Joplin]'s. Some people just get the affliction. All we can do is adapt the way we view this condition, not as a crime or a romantic affectation but as a disease that will kill. We need to review the way society treats addicts, not as criminals but as sick people in need of care. We need to look at the way our government funds rehabilitation. It is cheaper to rehabilitate an addict than to send them to prison, so criminalization doesn't even make economic sense. Not all of us know someone with the incredible talent that Amy had but we all know drunks and junkies and they all need help and the help is out there. All they have to do is pick up the phone and make the call. Or not. Either way, there will be a phone call."

Sending prayers to Amy's family and friends. What a terrible loss for all of us. Never to hear that soulful voice again. Makes me want to cry. :(

Bad E and abundance of alcohol? No matter as if this can help just one person than so be it, but my instinct is going with heroin.

RIP Miss Winehouse. Thank you for your cover of "Valerie". I'm so sorry for the pain you suffered.

As always positive vibes and prayers sent to the still suffering addict out there tonight.

Bad E and abundance of alcohol? No matter as if this can help just one person than so be it, but my instinct is going with heroin.

RIP Miss Winehouse. Thank you for your cover of "Valerie". I'm so sorry for the pain you suffered.

As always positive vibes and prayers sent to the still suffering addict out there tonight.

ita re heroin

Hi All,

Let this be a wake up call to all those stars, rockers, and our friends who are addicted. Please please get some help. We can't keep losing our young talented people. We need to stop our addictions and help one another.

Reach out to each other.
THanks
Goz

RIP Amy

Can't remember the TV source I heard yesterday (sorry) mention that there were no drugs found in her apartment. I found that suspicious. IMO, she did die from OD or drug-related, and I would have thought they would have found something. Did someone clean it up before LE/EMS arrived?

What a shame, RIP Amy....

Can't remember the TV source I heard yesterday (sorry) mention that there were no drugs found in her apartment. I found that suspicious. IMO, she did die from OD or drug-related, and I would have thought they would have found something. Did someone clean it up before LE/EMS arrived?

What a shame, RIP Amy....

I read that too and it sounded strange especially since the story was being circulated about her purchase of assorted drugs just prior to her death.
It's hard to separate fact from rumor, usually we never really know the truth. I also read that she had some sort of guard staying with her.

Winehouse's phone was hacked, reporter claims
Ex Sunday Mail writer says papers accessed her phone to find out when she'd be at rehab

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43888235/ns/today-entertainment/

There are links inside this link wrt the autopsy results didn't establish cause of death and also about no sign of drugs in her residence. I heard on Today that toxicology reports may take weeks.

I was so touched by Russell Brand's tribute to Amy. It is ironic that dbf and I watched Get Him to the Greek just the day before Amy died. RB's character is an addicted rock star who disrupts the lives of everyone around him. The movie had a happy ending and dbf and I discussed how it would be nice if happy endings occur for real life addicts. Well, I guess RL does have happy endings and Mr Brand is proof of this! I had no idea he was a heroin addict. Kudos to him for bringing insight to the subject of addiction being a disease! I have enjoyed all of your knowlegable comments on this subject.

Brand's characters' last song in the movie began with ... 'when life hands you a jeffery, just stroke the furry wall.' I wish Amy had a furry wall to stroke when life handed her a jeffery :(

For those of you who haven't seen the above mentioned movie, it is a comedy and Brand's comic genius shines. (For you movie buffs, it is the same premise of an older comedy called 'My Favorite Year' with Peter O'Toole and Mark Linn Baker.)

I'll always remember Amy and listen to her music. I hope she is at peace now...

Sincerely,

wm

Hi All,

Let this be a wake up call to all those stars, rockers, and our friends who are addicted. Please please get some help. We can't keep losing our young talented people. We need to stop our addictions and help one another.

Reach out to each other.
THanks
Goz

RIP Amy

If only it were that easy.. nobody would die from it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back