NM Anastasia Ferriera, 19, Albuquerque, NM, March 15, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MrsWatson

Reaction score
Anastasia Ferriera, missing since March 15, 2023, from Albuquerque, NM.

• ferriera_anastasia.jpg

• ferriera_anastasia4.jpg
  • ferriera_anastasia5.jpg

• ferriera_anastasia7.jpg

• ferriera_anastasia9.jpg

Ferriera was last seen in Albuquerque, New Mexico on March 15, 2023. She has never been heard from again. She frequented the international district of Albuquerque at the time of her disappearance. Few details are available in her case.

For 400 days, Anastasia Ferriera has been missing from Albuquerque. Her mother has tried working with police, but they won't tell her much about the investigation.

The New Mexico Department of Safety's website lists nearly 800 New Mexicans as currently missing. Anastasia Ferriera's name is still floating among them.

The Albuquerque Police Department has been investigating Anastasia's disappearance since last May. Her family says all police have told them is that her phone was last pinged at 8011 Central Avenue NE on March 16, 2023. The family didn't find out until nearly a year later.

Target 7 asked APD why they don't tell families more. APD Deputy Chief George Vega said gathering cellphone data, tracking social media activity, or getting reported sightings takes a lot of time.

She said police have told her they'll consider the case to be cold unless they get more information soon. The family is taking matters into their own hands, hanging more than 500 flyers from Belen to Santa Fe. As the case for Padilla's daughter grows colder by the day, she's pleading with the community and with law enforcement to not forget about Anastasia.

She said there are hundreds of mothers like her suffering in silence.

More at link and in following video.

"It's every parent's worst nightmare, but the reality still is that's just a fact when it comes to law enforcement involvement in these roles and in these investigations," Former APD Cmdr. Paul Szych said.

Szych knows about the ins and outs of these investigations. He says his one concern with missing persons units is how they are staffed. The missing persons unit may have fewer officers because there are other crimes with more evidence to investigate.

"They are going to be usually staffed, those units, that would be in charge of these investigations with a very low amount of investigators because there may be absolutely no additional information," Syzch said.

The department of Public Safety's missing persons list includes 233 people from Albuquerque. For them, APD's Missing Persons unit has five officers. By comparison, the Crimes Against Children unit has nine officers. The homicide unit has 16 officers.

Target 7 asked Vega if there is a need to beef up the missing persons unit. He said he's confident that the five people's experience in the unit share are able to do the work needed to solve cases like Anastasia's.

"As the deputy chief, I'm comfortable where they are at," Vega said.

Meanwhile, a mother is still missing her daughter months after she was last seen. Padilla says others have the same frustrations she does.

Attachments

• Anastasia.jpg
    Anastasia.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 11
  • Anastaasia 1.jpg
    Anastaasia 1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 11

Anastasia Brenda Ferriera​

• ferriera_anastasia.jpg
  • ferriera_anastasia8.jpg
  • ferriera_anastasia_tattoo.jpg
  • ferriera_anastasia_tattoo2.jpg
Ferriera, circa 2023; "Till Death" tattoo; "Ferriera" tattoo
  • Missing Since03/15/2023
  • Missing FromAlbuquerque, New Mexico
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceHispanic
  • Date of Birth12/09/2003 (20)
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight4'9, 100 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Ferriera has a tattoo of the words "Till Death" in black ink on her left forearm, and a tattoo of her last name "Ferriera" in black script on her right breast; photos of both tattoos are posted with this case summary. Her nickname is Karma. Her ears are pierced

From the local news article, Last cell phone ping is an address for God's Warehouse---which is a community outreach that works to feed the homeless and provide other resources. I wonder if it was able to be proven that she was in possession of the phone at this last ping.

"Albuquerque Police Department has been investigating Anastasia's disappearance since last May. Her family says all police have told them is that her phone was last pinged at 8011 Central Avenue NE on March 16, 2023. The family didn't find out until nearly a year later"

Last edited:
I first want to thank you for posting my daughter's story. This has been a nightmare that I haven't woken from. We are desperate right now and need all the help that we can get. Haven't got much from the detective. We have so many young people going missing and it's very scary. I've had other mothers reach out to me that are also missing a child. So with helping me is helping other mothers that are in the same situation. When you have a loved one go missing there's no really direction on what needs to be done so it feels like you're searching in the dark dark place. I hope the help of websleuths can shed some light on my daughter's case. I thank you from the bottom of my heart Natalie Padilla.

From the local news article, Last cell phone ping is an address for God's Warehouse---which is a community outreach that works to feed the homeless and provide other resources. I wonder if it was able to be proven that she was in possession of the phone at this last ping.

"Albuquerque Police Department has been investigating Anastasia's disappearance since last May. Her family says all police have told them is that her phone was last pinged at 8011 Central Avenue NE on March 16, 2023. The family didn't find out until nearly a year later"

Yes she did have a phone that was the phone that last pinged at God's Warehouse on March 16th 2023. None of her belongings like her purse, clothing, cell phone, have been recovered.

Anastasia Brenda Ferriera​

• ferriera_anastasia.jpg
  • ferriera_anastasia8.jpg
  • ferriera_anastasia_tattoo.jpg
  • ferriera_anastasia_tattoo2.jpg
Ferriera, circa 2023; "Till Death" tattoo; "Ferriera" tattoo
  • Missing Since03/15/2023
  • Missing FromAlbuquerque, New Mexico
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceHispanic
  • Date of Birth12/09/2003 (20)
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight4'9, 100 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Ferriera has a tattoo of the words "Till Death" in black ink on her left forearm, and a tattoo of her last name "Ferriera" in black script on her right breast; photos of both tattoos are posted with this case summary. Her nickname is Karma. Her ears are pierced
She also has 505 on her inner four arm.

Hi Sweet Pea Stasia,
We are so sorry you are having to live through such a horrible nightmare. We will do whatever we can to help you find your daughter, Anastasia.
We verify members when they post that they are related to the person being discussed. This stops trolls from coming on and pretending to be someone they are not.
Could you please email wsverify@yahoo.com and say you are Anastasia's mother and would like to be verified? Our verification mod will work with you on your verification. All information is held in the strictest of confidence.
Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Manager/Websleuths.com

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members