Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But...whaddaya bet he doesn't get it? :confused:;-)

Uh.. what are all these straws for? :confused:

Somebody said she sent a CASE, BTW.

-----------------------
He is probably waiting for the case of soda pop.:crazy:

The 8/21/09 Motions hearings were generally attempts by the defense to prevent information coming forward, it is easy to see why/& that this is how they will be moving forward;Prevent conversations between Casey & the Padilla group,etc, but mostly taking up huge chunks of the court's time and $$. Lyons made this point perfectly clear before the judge, pointing out that these few motions had already taken days and hours of the court's time. However, they certainly do not "have time" to mess with the check fraud case, because they will be too busy trying to create motions to supress certain information and try & request other information, beyond the legal scope of the Murder case. For those of us who have been following this case closely, we know there is really not much they can do to prove their client's innocence, so they will have to go to huge lengths to create smoke & mirrors & distance the time between the murder & trial, to increase the chance that the actual memory /facts/ testimony will be more hazy as time goes on. We already know the area was under water when TES tried to search, all about the cell phone pings & text messages, and what amounts of money Casey stole from her friends & family. They have already stepped on my last nerve, & I for one, don't know if I'll have the stomach to put up with their antics a year from now, when the case may actually begin. HOHUM :)

:clap::clap:ITA The entire motion to stop LP and crew from talking was a waste,a huge waste.

Back to AL, if she continues to attach her name to motions ,such as the one just denied involving LP and crew, she will not have much of a reputation left. I thought she would be smarter than that.

The 8/21/09 Motions hearings were generally attempts by the defense to prevent information coming forward, it is easy to see why/& that this is how they will be moving forward;Prevent conversations between Casey & the Padilla group,etc, but mostly taking up huge chunks of the court's time and $$. Lyons made this point perfectly clear before the judge, pointing out that these few motions had already taken days and hours of the court's time. However, they certainly do not "have time" to mess with the check fraud case, because they will be too busy trying to create motions to supress certain information and try & request other information, beyond the legal scope of the Murder case. For those of us who have been following this case closely, we know there is really not much they can do to prove their client's innocence, so they will have to go to huge lengths to create smoke & mirrors & distance the time between the murder & trial, to increase the chance that the actual memory /facts/ testimony will be more hazy as time goes on. We already know the area was under water when TES tried to search, all about the cell phone pings & text messages, and what amounts of money Casey stole from her friends & family. They have already stepped on my last nerve, & I for one, don't know if I'll have the stomach to put up with their antics a year from now, when the case may actually begin. HOHUM :)

A word of caution to the defense:
1careful_wish_quote.jpg

Do you think Andrea Lyon should really waste her time arguing that there's "insufficient evidence" in this case? According to WESH, this is to be her first big time talking about the case. I think this motion will be kicked to the curb faster than the Bounty Hunter motion. Thoughts?

Do you think Andrea Lyon should really waste her time arguing that there's "insufficient evidence" in this case? According to WESH, this is to be her first big time talking about the case. I think this motion will be kicked to the curb faster than the Bounty Hunter motion. Thoughts?

Ya know, I just don't get this. Who do they think they are kidding by saying there is "insufficient evidence" in this case? Let's see! She never called to report her child missing, never asked anyone for help, partied like there was no tomorrow for 31 days and only mentioned the child missing as an aside when she was cornered, pinning it on an imaginary nanny that she didn't need because she had no job. Then, she lied to the police, led them on a wild goose chase, gave them not one piece of helpful information to help find the child, gave them false information and more lies, and 'absolutely' refused to cooperate. Never mind the whole stealing from her grandparents and supposed best friend. Why, this girl is an angel. NOT! :rolleyes:

Ya know, I just don't get this. Who do they think they are kidding by saying there is "insufficient evidence" in this case? Let's see! She never called to report her child missing, never asked anyone for help, partied like there was no tomorrow for 31 days and only mentioned the child missing as an aside when she was cornered, pinning it on an imaginary nanny that she didn't need because she had no job. Then, she lied to the police, led them on a wild goose chase, gave them not one piece of helpful information to help find the child, gave them false information and more lies, and 'absolutely' refused to cooperate. Never mind the whole stealing from her grandparents and supposed best friend. Why, this girl is an angel. NOT! :rolleyes:

bbm: I think they kinda have to do these motions out of due diligence to KC. I would rather see them file a 100 motions like these and know that on appeal every base has been covered. But I do agree with you 100% on what you say.

I just read about that upcoming motion in the news thread. Here's the link for those who might not have seen it yet.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20604174/detail.html

I haven't been following this thread about AL but I thought she would be a more...hmm how do I put it?...a more "legit" lawyer than JB. If she makes a motion for dismissal for "insufficient evidence" it will be difficult to take her seriously. I don't really care if KC's attorneys waste their time, but I think something like this is a ridiculous waste of the court's time and the people's money.

I can't even think of anything else to say at the moment - I've been shaking my head since I read that and any minute I'm going to put my finger to my lip and go blb, blb, blb, blb! (Sorry, I looked for a smile icon to demonstrate and couldn't find one.)

Here's a couple to give an idea of my thoughts on this but they don't go far enough!

:furious: :mad: :waitasec: :doh:

I think the big defense strategy is to bury the prosecution in paperwork, which I think is used when the defense has no other defense.

Any lawyerly types want to explain?

I think the big defense strategy is to bury the prosecution in paperwork, which I think is used when the defense has no other defense.

When AL was threating the Judge with a bunch of motions, I was kinda expecting him to call her on it. To ask her if she was threating the court. And put her on notice that if she wastes the courts time on frivolous motions, she would be slapped.

I wonder when AL files this motion will it cause the prosecution to have to show a bit about how they are laying out their case by responding to the motion? I don't know just thinking about how the prosecution will respond.

I'm totally blond when it comes to anything legal but I think this is the approach they will use for their entire defense. They have no credible theory so I can imagine them challenging each and every procedure, tech order, operating instruction and standard operating procedure used in the gathering of evidence. They will then try to discredit it due to procedural or administrative error ~ all the way from the security screening of volunteer searchers to the reliability of forensic tests. (Do you think they may carry around binders filled with the OJ team strategy with them?) moo!

Oddly, I was just thinking the other day, that if I were on the defense team, I would do exactly the same thing..
Consider..we dunno where, or exactly when Caylee died, or the cause of death. There is no 'exact' motive for the murder .. perhaps it was accidental??.. no one thing shows KC as the perpetrator (to my present knowledge, nothing like fingerprints, or a witness to the crime, is what I mean)

All of that said, I know KC did it. The overwhelming proponderance of evidence clearly shows she is guilty...But it is a hard case to put into a nutshell.. if a judge were rushed or careless or dim, he/she might dismiss it simply because it is a long long path from June 15th to July 16th..

In this case though the judge is not rushed and is neither stupid nor careless, thankfully.

When AL was threating the Judge with a bunch of motions, I was kinda expecting him to call her on it. To ask her if she was threating the court. And put her on notice that if she wastes the courts time on frivolous motions, she would be slapped.

I would love to see JS do that,but I don't think he will. He's walking a fine line,not only so no appealible issues are created,but also to remain the judge on this case.
Did you see JB's smirk when the SA suggested making the check fraud case a non jury trial? JB thinks the judge is biased,so JS needs to give no appearance of siding with the SA .He's been very careful IMO.

Don't forget the decomp in the trunk, and the death indicators on the hair!

Oddly, I was just thinking the other day, that if I were on the defense team, I would do exactly the same thing..
Consider..we dunno where, or exactly when Caylee died, or the cause of death. There is no 'exact' motive for the murder .. perhaps it was accidental??.. no one thing shows KC as the perpetrator (to my present knowledge, nothing like fingerprints, or a witness to the crime, is what I mean)

All of that said, I know KC did it. The overwhelming proponderance of evidence clearly shows she is guilty...But it is a hard case to put into a nutshell.. if a judge were rushed or careless or dim, he/she might dismiss it simply because it is a long long path from June 15th to July 16th..

In this case though the judge is not rushed and is neither stupid nor careless, thankfully.

Though thw state doesn't need a motive, they do have one.

And, no ONE thing HAS to point to KC. It's the mountain of circumstantial.

I say "bring it"!!!
I've been sitting here for months waiting for this Big Reveal that shows their client to be innocent. (not, not-guilty, but innocent) Please....share with the class! George said last year that we would be surprised....big surprise...big secret...Baez has been saying forever that "it's all going to make sense when we tell you".

Bring it!!! Quit filing frivolous motions and just bring it already!

I just read about that upcoming motion in the news thread. Here's the link for those who might not have seen it yet.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20604174/detail.html

I haven't been following this thread about AL but I thought she would be a more...hmm how do I put it?...a more "legit" lawyer than JB. If she makes a motion for dismissal for "insufficient evidence" it will be difficult to take her seriously. I don't really care if KC's attorneys waste their time, but I think something like this is a ridiculous waste of the court's time and the people's money.

I can't even think of anything else to say at the moment - I've been shaking my head since I read that and any minute I'm going to put my finger to my lip and go blb, blb, blb, blb! (Sorry, I looked for a smile icon to demonstrate and couldn't find one.)

Here's a couple to give an idea of my thoughts on this but they don't go far enough!

:furious: :mad: :waitasec: :doh:

Insufficient evidence???!!!! It's a fricking Mt. Fuji!

I've shaken my head so many times over the defense actions/"strategies," I think I've got whiplash!

I know what you mean ,SnowWalker. It's hard to imagine there could ever be a motive for a parent to kill a two year old! There really is no motive because there are so many other options if you just want to relieve yourself of the burden of a child.
In this case the Prosecution has KC's new boy toy who told her he didn't really want Caylee around at times and supposedly said he only wanted boys .
Then you have a contentious relationship with her parents,especially her mother ,over Caylee.CA making noises about getting custody of Caylee,the jealousy between the two for Caylee's affections.The possible fight.The fact that Caylee was becoming more verbal and could blow Mommies cover!
I think they will have suggestions for a motive.
They may even have evidence of where Caylee was killed,although they don't need it.Much was taken from the house in December.We'll have to wait and see.
I'm still very impressed with the SA's and JS.Not so much with the highly touted AL. There's a lot to be hopeful about . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missledet