Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The motion says it is critical that AL be able to try both cases. Wow! JB can't even handle the fraud trial on his own.

If I were AL I'd make him let me in on that case too; I'd be worried he'd pull a twizzler that would mess up the capital case. I hope KB asks why he felt it necessary that AL help with the fraud case. Talk about a slam dunk! She's on tape!!

The motion says it is critical that AL be able to try both cases. Wow! JB can't even handle the fraud trial on his own.

If I were AL I'd make him let me in on that case too; I'd be worried he'd pull a twizzler that would mess up the capital case. I hope KB asks why he felt it necessary that AL help with the fraud case. Talk about a slam dunk! She's on tape!!

She is not going to allow him to open his mouth...

Motion states JB is a member of the FL Bar in good standing...is that accurate? I can't keep up with all of the stuff I've read about good old JB.

Well he has had a few complaints filed against him, the last one they 'exonerated' him if you can describe it that way, they said there was insufficient evidence to proceed.

:woohoo: Ashton certainly has a way with his words! Hi-Five that, Anthonys!

Thought that AL should be brought to the front due to recently filed motions. AL is "THE" attorney for the DP Case against KC. She is the one that decides what motions to file. She is the one that signs off on the motions that are filed.
http://www.law.depaul.edu/centers_institutes/cjcc/darrow_faculty.asp
DePaul University College of Law
Darrow Defense College - Faculty
(snipped from article)
"In 1998, she was awarded the Justice for All Award at the National Conference on Wrongful Convictions and the Death Penalty"

IMO This article speaks to and about AL not JB.
http://billsheaffer.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/does-caseys-defense-have-no-sense-of-decency/#comments
Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer on Casey Anthony Case
Does Casey’s Defense Have No Sense Of Decency?
(snipped from article bolded by me)
"What a motion in limine is NOT is a request to INCLUDE certain matters at trial, which is exactly what the defense has done here. Now, either these lawyers don’t know proper pleading mechanics, the Florida Rules of Evidence, the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure, do not possess a Black’s Law Dictionary, or they have another agenda in filing this."

Wrong motion? IMO no. AL wouldn't make a mistake like this. She is too good at what she does, which is to keep anyone from getting sentenced to Death. It appears to be a dumb move but could be a "win win" in the Defenses mind. What if the fact that a wrong motion was filed slips past the Judge. Judge makes ruling anyway and says no this doesn't come in at trial. Or the Judge throws out the motion and Defense has something to at least bring up on appeal.
IMO they knew it was the wrong motion and they don't care because it allowed them to hit the morning shows - stop just short of saying RK is the Mruderer and spew their jury tainting Rhetoric before this comes in front of the Court.

I noticed that the same stupid and incorrect boilerplate material made it into this one as well (the stuff about the defendant and some daycare center) - JB can't even proofread the second time!

I know AL is lead on this, and maybe she is just letting JB twizzle his way onto the news, but it is not going to do her rep any good to be guzzling Koolaid with that bunch.

Thought that AL should be brought to the front due to recently filed motions. AL is "THE" attorney for the DP Case against KC. She is the one that decides what motions to file. She is the one that signs off on the motions that are filed.
http://www.law.depaul.edu/centers_institutes/cjcc/darrow_faculty.asp
DePaul University College of Law
Darrow Defense College - Faculty
(snipped from article)
"In 1998, she was awarded the Justice for All Award at the National Conference on Wrongful Convictions and the Death Penalty"

IMO This article speaks to and about AL not JB.
http://billsheaffer.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/does-caseys-defense-have-no-sense-of-decency/#comments
Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer on Casey Anthony Case
Does Casey’s Defense Have No Sense Of Decency?
(snipped from article bolded by me)
"What a motion in limine is NOT is a request to INCLUDE certain matters at trial, which is exactly what the defense has done here. Now, either these lawyers don’t know proper pleading mechanics, the Florida Rules of Evidence, the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure, do not possess a Black’s Law Dictionary, or they have another agenda in filing this."

Wrong motion? IMO no. AL wouldn't make a mistake like this. She is too good at what she does, which is to keep anyone from getting sentenced to Death. It appears to be a dumb move but could be a "win win" in the Defenses mind. What if the fact that a wrong motion was filed slips past the Judge. Judge makes ruling anyway and says no this doesn't come in at trial. Or the Judge throws out the motion and Defense has something to at least bring up on appeal.
IMO they knew it was the wrong motion and they don't care because it allowed them to hit the morning shows - stop just short of saying RK is the Mruderer and spew their jury tainting Rhetoric before this comes in front of the Court.
I'm not sure if first the judge has to grant a hearing...but with most of these motions the State argues against it and brilliantly I must say. They've been very quick to point out JB's (lead attorney) mistakes.

I noticed that the same stupid and incorrect boilerplate material made it into this one as well (the stuff about the defendant and some daycare center) - JB can't even proofread the second time!

I know AL is lead on this, and maybe she is just letting JB twizzle his way onto the news, but it is not going to do her rep any good to be guzzling Koolaid with that bunch.
Is she lead? I thought JB was...or was that just our speculation?

Andrea is definitely a major part of this defense team and as such she is just as responsible as Jose and LKB for this motion, IMO. It was her PI that tracked down these ex-wives of Kronks to dig up dirt. To see any mention of her being an "advocate for the wrongfully accused" is an insult. This "advocate" allowed an innocent man to rot in prison while she went about her life blessed with the freedom that Alton Logan could only dream about. That in itself tells me that Jose has successfully picked an attorney with low morals comparable to his own.

http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBRe...256B29004BF892/$FILE/Criminal.pdf?OpenElement

Section 3.112 covers the rules for lead counsel.
I am not sure JB is qualified to be lead counsel at this point in his career.

Thought I just read this weekend that JB can remain as lead, as long as he has a death penalty qualified attorney as a member of the defense team...BUT....that DPQ attorney MUST take lead during the penalty phase of the trial?

Going to look for link.....

Thought I just read this weekend that JB can remain as lead, as long as he has a death penalty qualified attorney as a member of the defense team...BUT....that DPQ attorney MUST take lead during the penalty phase of the trial?

Going to look for link.....

Ok that might be true from a symbolically outwardly point of view but since this is a Death Penalty Case IMO she is going to be the boss on everything pretrial, trial and penalty phase. JB is not the attorney responsible for deciding what motions to file. He's just "the messenger".

http://www.law.depaul.edu/centers_institutes/cjcc/pdf/homart.pdf
INVESTIGATING AND TRYING A HOMICIDE CASE
The Champion, September/October 1998
Andrea D. Lyon

I'm not going to quote the article but it covers witness interviews, investigating the crime scenes, motions strategies, crime scene investigation - which just about covers pretrial forward

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:b2lXTMZRCYoJ:law.hofstra.edu/pdf/Academics/Journals/LawReview/lrv_issues_v36n03_CC2-OBrien.pdf+capital+case+Defense+pretrial+motions+%22andrea+Lyon%22&cd=50&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&lr=lang_en
WHEN LIFE DEPENDS ON IT:
SUPPLEMENTARY GUIDELINES FOR THE
MITIGATION FUNCTION OF
DEFENSE TEAMS IN DEATH PENALTY CASES

Sean D. O’Brien
(among many other AL contributed to the Supplementary Guidelines)

Page 14 3rd paragraph - approximately there...
talks about capital trial lawyers not waiting for the end of the trial to mitigate the case

(nothing except headers quoted from articles)

Wow, that lecture she gave in Florida prior to signing on with Casey pretty much shows exactly who she is, huh?

Does everyone in this case have to be a complete wacko? :waitasec:

Well here's a very interesting article.
http://www.wftv.com/news/21700894/detail.html
about the lovely Miss Lyons. What a crude horrid woman. So jurors are 'killers'.:croc:

BBM

Thank you, it reaffirms my intuition of her, as she gloats over KC in court, with her sad affectations for the accused :furious:

She is just another megolomaniac on a mission to WIN for herself.

Wow, that lecture she gave in Florida prior to signing on with Casey pretty much shows exactly who she is, huh?

Does everyone in this case have to be a complete wacko? :waitasec:

It's awful. Her type of scorched earth defense has dangerous implications beyond any one particular case. It destroys everything in its path: innocent people, reputations, and undermines the justice system itself. This lecture, combined with the Alton Logan case, are proof of that. Just my big hairy opinion, of course.

Well here's a very interesting article.
http://www.wftv.com/news/21700894/detail.html
about the lovely Miss Lyons. What a crude horrid woman. So jurors are 'killers'.:croc:

AL, who had a relatively decent reputation before this, is now apparently high on Koolaid and is ready to ruin her career. Seriously DePaul is an excellent school, I can't imagine they will like this, unless she is just the resident anti-DP kook.

Think she's been handed poisoned twizzlers?

It's awful. Her type of scorched earth defense has dangerous implications beyond any one particular case. It destroys everything in its path: innocent people, reputations, and undermines the justice system itself. This lecture, combined with the Alton Logan case, are proof of that. Just my big hairy opinion, of course.

As reprehensible as the Alton Logan case was, it wasn't really her client. I personally would have ratted on the guy's lawyers or reported it to some ethics board but that wasn't her call to turn in one of her own. The two attorneys whose client confessed were the real culprits, imo. She was just part of the periphery. And even her coming forward might not have had results. But you'd think her conscience would have forced her to, regardless.

Representing KC and being part of the team that filed this last "motion" is even more reprehensible to me. She is directly responsible for what is going on, not sitting on the sidelines with important info.

As reprehensible as the Alton Logan case was, it wasn't really her client. I personally would have ratted on the guy's lawyers or reported it to some ethics board but that wasn't her call to turn in one of her own. The two attorneys whose client confessed were the real culprits, imo. She was just part of the periphery. And even her coming forward might not have had results. But you'd think her conscience would have forced her to, regardless.

Representing KC and being part of the team that filed this last "motion" is even more reprehensible to me. She is directly responsible for what is going on, not sitting on the sidelines with important info.

That's true about Logan. I mentioned it more in terms of what I see as her conscience (or lack thereof)? I'm by no means perfect, but I'd like to think that, finding myself in a similar position, I would have taken the risk to do the right thing. I don't think I could sleep at night and keep my mouth shut knowing that that guy was languishing in jail. Speaks volumes to me about her character moreso than her legal obligation.

Being part of this latest motion regarding Kronk, though, is outright garbage. JMO. She's an experienced attorney. She knows how to write motions (I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and supposing that JB or students have written the really really bad ones), and she knows how the law works, and she knows the likelihood (zero, imo) of this stuff being admissible. She knows, therefore, that what she filed was nothing more than character assassination couched in legal terms, she got what she wanted: the media is all buzzing about this. I hope, though, that this will backfire and the potential jury pool will see this for what it is. Maybe jurors aren't as stupid as she thinks...

Wow, I couldn't listen to the tapes of her conference, just reading parts of it were bad enough. No wonder she signed on to Jose's team, I knew no decent defense attorney would have. I thought the shock factor was at a high with the latest motion, but I guess, again, I was wrong. I can't imagine a "professional" would utter the words she did.

A pioneer in the field ? PLEASE Ms. Lyons don't flatter yourself !

Is all the latest bad behavior thrown out by the defense a tactic to anger people so that they can say, Look Judge the defense is hated, our client is hated, we need that COV ! I am trying to find a reason for all this non sense, but maybe there is none.

DePaul needs to take a look at Ms. Lyons and her lack of ethical standards. If she is turning out attorneys, I think we should be scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missledet