Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is all the latest bad behavior thrown out by the defense a tactic to anger people so that they can say, Look Judge the defense is hated, our client is hated, we need that COV ! I am trying to find a reason for all this non sense, but maybe there is none.

snipped for space.

It's like streaking across the field during the Superbowl and then complaining about nudity on television.

This from WFTV...just a part of the article

"Lyon also made a very crude comment about female prosecutors and their femininity, after calling them uncivilized."

“You know they all wear those little ties and have strap*** at home, whatever,” Lyon said. “I actually will take them aside and say, ‘I'm one of the pioneers and you're embarrassing me by your behavior.’”

http://www.wftv.com/news/21700894/detail.html

Andrea needs to keep her comments about appearances to herself...and as for taking anyone aside, I'd like to see her try it with LDB !

snipped for space.

It's like streaking across the field during the Superbowl and then complaining about nudity on television.
For some reason, at this point, I put nothing past any of these so called defense lawyers.

That's true about Logan. I mentioned it more in terms of what I see as her conscience (or lack thereof)? I'm by no means perfect, but I'd like to think that, finding myself in a similar position, I would have taken the risk to do the right thing. I don't think I could sleep at night and keep my mouth shut knowing that that guy was languishing in jail. Speaks volumes to me about her character moreso than her legal obligation.

Being part of this latest motion regarding Kronk, though, is outright garbage. JMO. She's an experienced attorney. She knows how to write motions (I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and supposing that JB or students have written the really really bad ones), and she knows how the law works, and she knows the likelihood (zero, imo) of this stuff being admissible. She knows, therefore, that what she filed was nothing more than character assassination couched in legal terms, she got what she wanted: the media is all buzzing about this. I hope, though, that this will backfire and the potential jury pool will see this for what it is. Maybe jurors aren't as stupid as she thinks...

The last time they were leaving court Kathy Belich approached Andrea Lyons and asked directly "Did you write your own motions or do your students do them?" to which she bridled and said "Are you joking, of course I write my own motions"... and huffed and puffed away. What she obviously didn't realize was that one of the motions was the 'to exclude previous bad acts' that had the bizarre phrase - only goes to show that Miss Anthony properly supervises it's students'.... she either did not write it or she didn't proof read it.

The problem is AL more then likely has tenure at Depaul. So she can pretty much do what ever she wants. One of my old college professors was that way. He would come in wearing jeans, and curse like a sailor in class. Actually I always thought his class was informative and he didn't pull any punches. However if he was a newly hired professor I doubt he'd of been able to conduct himself in such fashion.

That being said you would think someone would conduct themselves with more professionalism at a conference. Just goes to show the character of the people working for the defense in this case.

This from WFTV...just a part of the article

"Lyon also made a very crude comment about female prosecutors and their femininity, after calling them uncivilized."

“You know they all wear those little ties and have strap*** at home, whatever,” Lyon said. “I actually will take them aside and say, ‘I'm one of the pioneers and you're embarrassing me by your behavior.’”

http://www.wftv.com/news/21700894/detail.html

Andrea needs to keep her comments about appearances to herself...and as for taking anyone aside, I'd like to see her try it with LDB !

WOW! She's a fine one to comment on appearances.:waitasec:

The last time they were leaving court Kathy Belich approached Andrea Lyons and asked directly "Did you write your own motions or do your students do them?" to which she bridled and said "Are you joking, of course I write my own motions"... and huffed and puffed away. What she obviously didn't realize was that one of the motions was the 'to exclude previous bad acts' that had the bizarre phrase - only goes to show that Miss Anthony properly supervises it's students'.... she either did not write it or she didn't proof read it.
Andrea didn't hide her anger very well after that question by Kathi...she looked a little preturbed.

Maybe Andrea needs to spend some time prepping for future questions by Kathi...she'd better develop a thick skin. I don't think the people in Orlando realize that Andrea is a "pioneer in the field" and even if they did, I doubt they would give a da**.

Andrea didn't hide her anger very well after that question by Kathi...she looked a little preturbed.

Maybe Andrea needs to spend some time prepping for future questions by Kathi...she'd better develop a thick skin. I don't think the people in Orlando realize that Andrea is a "pioneer in the field" and even if they did, I doubt they would give a da**.

LMAO! She ain't no match for kathi!:innocent::innocent::dance:

I set aside some time and listened to the lecture. She is a good public peaker (natch) and I got very caught up in how she identified the steps necessary to do an effective closing argument before a DP jury.

I would recommend listening to the entire lecture and taking a few notes. That way, you will know exactly why she's up to during the trial.

QUOTE=reeseeva;4478077]BBM

Thank you, it reaffirms my intuition of her, as she gloats over KC in court, with her sad affectations for the accused :furious:

She is just another megolomaniac on a mission to WIN for herself.[/QUOTE]

:clap::clap::clap:

I set aside some time and listened to the lecture. She is a good public peaker (natch) and I got very caught up in how she identified the steps necessary to do an effective closing argument before a DP jury.

I would recommend listening to the entire lecture and taking a few notes. That way, you will know exactly why she's up to during the trial.

How long are they? I don't know how long I can stomach her #1 and #2 I have my whole house to organize, my mom and dad are moving here from Michigan this weekend and moving into my house :( I don't know if I have time! LOL!

I didn't watch the " Kronk videos" with the disgruntled folks because I'm worried about my time too, are those worth it? Should I set out time or just save it for a rainy no news sort of day?

That's true about Logan. I mentioned it more in terms of what I see as her conscience (or lack thereof)? I'm by no means perfect, but I'd like to think that, finding myself in a similar position, I would have taken the risk to do the right thing. I don't think I could sleep at night and keep my mouth shut knowing that that guy was languishing in jail. Speaks volumes to me about her character moreso than her legal obligation.

Being part of this latest motion regarding Kronk, though, is outright garbage. JMO. She's an experienced attorney. She knows how to write motions (I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and supposing that JB or students have written the really really bad ones), and she knows how the law works, and she knows the likelihood (zero, imo) of this stuff being admissible. She knows, therefore, that what she filed was nothing more than character assassination couched in legal terms, she got what she wanted: the media is all buzzing about this. I hope, though, that this will backfire and the potential jury pool will see this for what it is. Maybe jurors aren't as stupid as she thinks...

Curious to anyone who may have knowledge......do the laws vary drastically from state to state?

Is there any chance that what AL knows pertains to law in the states she is licensed to practice in (can't recall what two states were?) vary DRASTICALLY from Florida Law?

Is it possible that she just hasn't done her homework before drafting these motions?

Didn't she have to go before JS to even get permission to practice in the state of Florida for this case?

She's a beast, that is for sure, but no matter her strategy in handling this case, she can't dispute 31 days..
I just don't see it happening, and I do with all my heart feel that Mrs. Lyons will certainly call the jurors worse names when she looses her first capital case!

How long are they? I don't know how long I can stomach her #1 and #2 I have my whole house to organize, my mom and dad are moving here from Michigan this weekend and moving into my house :( I don't know if I have time! LOL!

I didn't watch the " Kronk videos" with the disgruntled folks because I'm worried about my time too, are those worth it? Should I set out time or just save it for a rainy no news sort of day?

They together are around an hour or a little more..I am on the second part now and it is 28 minutes long.
They are indeed worth listening to. IMHO

She's a beast, that is for sure, but no matter her strategy in handling this case, she can't dispute 31 days..
I just don't see it happening, and I do with all my heart feel that Mrs. Lyons will certainly call the jurors worse names when she looses her first capital case!

Oh crap! She hasn't lost a case yet? This should be all kinds of interesting to watch at trial, that's for sure!

Where have I been? I am so very slacking in my sleuthing lately between going back to work and moving my life around. I miss my fellow sleuths :blowkiss:

Curious to anyone who may have knowledge......do the laws vary drastically from state to state?

Is there any chance that what AL knows pertains to law in the states she is licensed to practice in (can't recall what two states were?) vary DRASTICALLY from Florida Law?

Is it possible that she just hasn't done her homework before drafting these motions?

Didn't she have to go before JS to even get permission to practice in the state of Florida for this case?

While AL is certainly responsible for the work product of this team, something tells me she did not write either the initial motion to dismiss or this past one.

Both of them have boilerplate language (as if they were lifted from a template motion or overwritten on an existing one) concerning a daycare center, which was not removed, even though the defendant's name is pasted in. JB used to work for Lexis-Nexis - I am assuming he is overrelying on material there (just like some legal analysts apparently rely on Wikipedia, which is less accurate) instead of prior motions from his own practice. Maybe his examples of case law are faulty too; our own legal experts would be in a position to comment.

I think AL may have written the second motion to dismiss - the language was more colorful and flamboyant. But I'm thinking she might have had JB draft this, not realizing she should proof everything within an inch of its life. Should be a good lesson for her though. Even if finals are coming up, don't leave an amateur to submit a formal document to the court with your name on it if it is that sloppy.

BTW - she is licensed in IL. I am not sure what states have reciprocity, but FL may.

If it wasn't "Game On" before, it will be as LDB listens to that seminar and the foul that came from her. She will handle Lyons with moves she ain't ever seen before. I do believe Lyons will have met her match.
:croc:

I feel like I need a shower after listening to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warmblanket