Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I remember that Lin.
I know I read the email LDB sent JB, back in August I think.
Casey/JB didn't take the deal and that is what Casey was referring to in the letter she wrote a few months back..where she said Ashton was mad at her for not taking the plea deal.

Right - because at that point, "they hadn't even found Caylee's clothes." Sickening!

I knew when I posted that I'd get called on it but did it anyway... <slapping own hands>

"...The girl's mother, Casey Anthony, 22, had until 9 a.m. Tuesday to accept an offer of limited immunity to help investigators in the case. Officials with the State Attorney's Office said she did not accept the offer and it has now expired..."

See the rest of the article article here.

Still looking for the email correspondence between JB and the state about it but meantime, here is a post from then by DianeB mentioning same.

ETA: My first clue that JB sought a deal was JB's denial. ;)

:clap: Wonderful sleuthing lin

Yes, that's what I remember.

I demand a round of applause for finding these:

PDF email files.

immunityemailexcerpt-1.jpg

Here you go

:takeabow:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Talk about talent cut short- I really hate the thought that we won't see any new films from Heath - loved the diversity of the the scripts he selected.

Sorry, OT, but he is well-deserving of a few seconds of attention.

Wonder if Lyon will use the same arguments against the death penalty, that the previous attorney Lenamon filed with the Court?

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...m+"terence+Lenamon"&cd=32&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Casey Anthony to Face Murder Trial First
Thursday November 6, 2008

Meanwhile, an attorney hired by Casey Anthony's defense team presented a 30-page report to prosecutors outlining reasons why she should not face the death penalty. It points out problems with some of the evidence and argues that the case does not fit the state's criteria for seeking the death penalty.
----------------

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey0608nov06,0,7406889.story
Report argues against death for Casey Anthony
----------------
http://edition.cnn.hu/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/08/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Casey Anthony Defense Ignores Police Tip Collection
Aired December 8, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET
------------------
http://www.wftv.com/news/19448158/detail.html

Attorney Terence Lenamon now says he stopped representing Casey because he did not agree with the legal strategy of her lead attorney Jose Baez.
---------------------
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17898874/detail.html

Baby Photos Of Caylee's Mom Used In Request To Avoid Death Penalty

That would need to be redone; a lot of the arguments used won't apply any longer as Caylee's remains have been found and a lot more evidence has been gathered in the form of depositions, etc.

IIRC Lennamon wrote in his motion against the DP about something possibly not right with Casey upstairs (SHHHHH)you know IN THE HEAD...he wanted Casey evaluated and JB said NO WAY JOSE. I believe Lennamon wanted to go the route of mental illness but JB wouldn't hear of it.

Have has it been determined that A Lyon is going to file a motion stating there is insufficient evidence for the DP or the murder charge? In her first interview, she said the DP, but the WESH report said the forthcoming motion would claim insufficient evidence for the murder charge.......Or am I confused again?

IIRC Lennamon wrote in his motion against the DP about something possibly not right with Casey upstairs (SHHHHH)you know IN THE HEAD...he wanted Casey evaluated and JB said NO WAY JOSE. I believe Lennamon wanted to go the route of mental illness but JB wouldn't hear of it.

Yes, as I remember that was one of the issues he raised among other things including the possibility of an accidental death possibly from an accidental overdose of "sedatives."

Have has it been determined that A Lyon is going to file a motion stating there is insufficient evidence for the DP or the murder charge? In her first interview, she said the DP, but the WESH report said the forthcoming motion would claim insufficient evidence for the murder charge.......Or am I confused again?

I think WESH is confused, not you. :)

AL stated after a hearing, maybe her introductory hearing, that she'd be filing several motions including, iirc, one to take away the death penalty as a possible penalty in this case.

BTW, maybe a few days late, but:

welcome.gif

Do you all think that perhaps there may be a split in the KC camp regarding the defense strategy stance? Since JB refused to take the "insanity" fork in the road, do you think that there's tension there because AL may have wanted to pursue that?

And, just a thought, but do you think there's any possibility that AL will become frustrated with JB and bow out?

I'd like to add, if there was a dead squirrel plastered to her car there would also be the dead squirrels blood.

Not only that , but fur, and o yea, how far up can most squirrels jump? squirrels that get run over usually do not end up anywhere ON the car. They stay on the ground. Unless it was flying through the air and she hit it. She is such an idiot.

Do you all think that perhaps there may be a split in the KC camp regarding the defense strategy stance? Since JB refused to take the "insanity" fork in the road, do you think that there's tension there because AL may have wanted to pursue that?

And, just a thought, but do you think there's any possibility that AL will become frustrated with JB and bow out?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least for AL to bow out; in fact, the astrologers are saying she will in early 2010, iirc. Whether it's because of JB's current antics now, current antics then, his past antics or because she finally takes a week off from her teaching schedule and reviews the Himalayan mountains sized piles of evidence against her "innocent" client and decides she doesn't want to get her first* loss.

*Her definition of "loss" and mine are different. She claims to have won all her cases; none of her clients have been given the death penalty. Um, that may be true but for them to get to a sentencing phase, there had to be a conviction. I'm betting a lot of her former clients don't feel like real "winners" right now.

BBM

I feel she almost certainly will. JMO.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least for AL to bow out; in fact, the astrologers are saying she will in early 2010, iirc. Whether it's because of JB's current antics now, current antics then, his past antics or because she finally takes a week off from her teaching schedule and reviews the Himalayan mountains sized piles of evidence against her "innocent" client and decides she doesn't want to get her first* loss.

*Her definition of "loss" and mine are different. She claims to have won all her cases; none of her clients have been given the death penalty. Um, that may be true but for them to get to a sentencing phase, there had to be a conviction. I'm betting a lot of her former clients don't feel like real "winners" right now.

I agree. Neither really cares about Casey. Baez will never let this case go to someone else, and Andrea L.'s convictions seem to stop at the point where she will put her reputation at risk with a loss. Casey must feel great to have these people on her side!

Yes, as I remember that was one of the issues he raised among other things including the possibility of an accidental death possibly from an accidental overdose of "sedatives."

Right and those were most likely the reasons the 2 parted ways and TL was not asked to rejoin the team as the DP qualified lawyer once the DP was put back on the table.

JB wouldn't hear of any other way to handle this case but HIS OWN WAY..

BBM
Hi CT
JB refused to take the mental illness route with this case when DP qualified Miami lawyer T Lennamon was on the defense team and wrote about it in his motion to get the DP off the table.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...v-coverage-of-his-nancy-grace-appearance.html
snipped
"Lenamon said he had a very limited time with Anthony. He said he and Baez had "a disagreement over strategy over mental-health mitigation.

Lenamon said he had great concern over the case's future because of media exposure. He feared that "the death penalty lawyer who will be brought in will be rubber-stamping a preplanned defense."

"I am suggesting that whoever that lawyer is has to be independent of the strategy in evaluating the case," Lenamon added."

"I am hopeful they bring in some big-shot death penalty lawyer," he said. "I will be the first one to say it's the best move Mr. Baez has made since bringing me in."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...terence-lenamon-raves-about-new-attorney.html

Miami attorney Terence Lenamon, who left the Anthony case in a dispute with Jose Baez, has nothing but nice things to say about Lyon.

"She's a fantastic lawyer," Lenamon told me this morning. "She taught me. She's an excellent advocate."

Lenamon said he's handling a dozen death penalty cases around Florida. He said Baez made a great choice in selecting Lyon.

"She's an excellent teacher," Lenamon added. "She's one of these people who's walked the walk. I don't think she has ever lost a [death penalty] case. She's fabulous. I can't say enough good stuff about her."

Lenamon stressed that he's not a friend of Lyon's. "She is definitely a class act," he said.

What can we expect?

"Andrea Lyon, I know, is not going to take any s--- from anybody, and she'll approach it [the case] the way she thinks it should be approached," Lenamon said.

Not only that , but fur, and o yea, how far up can most squirrels jump? squirrels that get run over usually do not end up anywhere ON the car. They stay on the ground. Unless it was flying through the air and she hit it. She is such an idiot.

thWelcomesquirreljumpbiliv_2.gif

Right and those were most likely the reasons the 2 parted ways and TL was not asked to rejoin the team as the DP qualified lawyer once the DP was put back on the table.

JB wouldn't hear of any other way to handle this case but HIS OWN WAY..

I'm not certain that's something under JB's control. I'm leaning toward no way will KC confess to anything and therefore no way can they use mental health or accident. I'm always the first one to laugh at JB's many flaws, fumbles and fiascoes but he did try to plea this out.

I'm not certain that's something under JB's control. I'm leaning toward no way will KC confess to anything and therefore no way can they use mental health or accident. I'm always the first one to laugh at JB's many flaws, fumbles and fiascoes but he did try to plea this out.

BBM
Yes, and even though he denied it on camera, he did try with the emails as proof.

But I see it as, He tried to get his client immunity but the SAO was not offering the immunity he and Casey wanted.

But I do remember Lennamon saying Baez refused to allow Casey to be evaluated for mental illness, perhaps she told Baez she would not submit to any mental health evaluations and he followed suit. Dunno.

BBM
Hi CT
JB refused to take the mental illness route with this case when DP qualified Miami lawyer T Lennamon was on the defense team and wrote about it in his motion to get the DP off the table.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...v-coverage-of-his-nancy-grace-appearance.html
snipped
"Lenamon said he had a very limited time with Anthony. He said he and Baez had "a disagreement over strategy over mental-health mitigation.

Lenamon said he had great concern over the case's future because of media exposure. He feared that "the death penalty lawyer who will be brought in will be rubber-stamping a preplanned defense."

"I am suggesting that whoever that lawyer is has to be independent of the strategy in evaluating the case," Lenamon added."

"I am hopeful they bring in some big-shot death penalty lawyer," he said. "I will be the first one to say it's the best move Mr. Baez has made since bringing me in."

"I am suggesting that whoever that lawyer is has to be independent of the strategy in evaluating the case," Lenamon added.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...terence-lenamon-raves-about-new-attorney.html

Miami attorney Terence Lenamon, who left the Anthony case in a dispute with Jose Baez, has nothing but nice things to say about Lyon.

"She's a fantastic lawyer," Lenamon told me this morning. "She taught me. She's an excellent advocate."

Lenamon said he's handling a dozen death penalty cases around Florida. He said Baez made a great choice in selecting Lyon.

"She's an excellent teacher," Lenamon added. "She's one of these people who's walked the walk. I don't think she has ever lost a [death penalty] case. She's fabulous. I can't say enough good stuff about her."

Lenamon stressed that he's not a friend of Lyon's. "She is definitely a class act," he said.

What can we expect?

"Andrea Lyon, I know, is not going to take any s--- from anybody, and she'll approach it [the case] the way she thinks it should be approached," Lenamon said.

Casey's demeanor the last court appearance to me suggested that AL really laid down the law with her. She is NOT there to be Casey's licorice eating buddy, she is there to get her off the death penalty. Casey cannot bat eyelashes or any of that crap with AL. IMO AL was the dose of reality KC has needed and always should have had...I think Baez is just sweet talked to her, KC and Baez belong together. But, it is nice to see that smugness wiped off of KC's face for once. So if AL had anything to do with that, she has already achieved something short of a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico